Wedding Woes

Friiiiiiiiiiiiday!!!!

What's up for the weekend?!

We had a little drama last night.  I was sitting in the kitchen with my parents waiting for the kids to get home.  My mom looks up and says "Why are there 2 cops in your backyard?"  We have a huge hill and fence that divide us from some retail stores so I didn't think too much.

Look out front and there are 2 sheriffs cars in front of my neighbors house.  Cue another neighbor calling to see what's up. 

The bus stop is 6 houses down. I usually just stand in the drive and wait, but decided I better go down.  Third sheriff car pulls up and the deputy tells me their looking for 2 people high on heroin.  Found out later they were in a car with another driver and ran into the hill on the other side of us.  They caught 1 person, but they never did find the other 2.

My kids are gone today.  I had my physical, wandered Ikea, now I'm sitting down to work.  If I get it all done I might take a nap or binge watch more Red Oaks.  Tonight DH and I are going out to dinner. 

Re: Friiiiiiiiiiiiday!!!!

• Trying to work my way through the disaster area that is my desk and job right now.

I have meetings all weekend and I need to bathe the dogs.  I really just want to hunker down with a bottle of wine and Netflix and K and deny the world everything Varuna for 48 hours.
  • That's pretty unnerving @6fsn

Looking forward to the weekend. H and I have a few houses we're seeing tomorrow, including the one he was "intrigued by" on Wednesday. Then not much, just relaxing. I've got a ton of work to catch up on from being out this week. We're pretty boring. 

• Happy Friday!
    Wow - that's some drama! 

Today I am wrapping up a deadline. Tomorrow we are going to my parents' house for what my mom is calling "Fake Thanksgiving." Back in November when we were hosting, my mom bought a turkey for some bizarre reason even though we were hosting and my husband had bought one because he was cooking. Anywho, she put it in her deep freezer and decided she wanted to host a Fake Thanksgiving with all the trimmings tomorrow. So we are loading up the car with Babypants, and a couple of my cousins who go to BC are also going to spend Fake Thanksgiving with us. It's super silly and I am actually looking forward to it. 

Sunday and Monday who knows what's on tap. H & I have the day off since Babypants' school is closed for Presidents' Day. So we will do a family day. We are supposed to get snow at some point too. 
  • Happy Friday!
    Wow - that's some drama! 

Today I am wrapping up a deadline. Tomorrow we are going to my parents' house for what my mom is calling "Fake Thanksgiving." Back in November when we were hosting, my mom bought a turkey for some bizarre reason even though we were hosting and my husband had bought one because he was cooking. Anywho, she put it in her deep freezer and decided she wanted to host a Fake Thanksgiving with all the trimmings tomorrow. So we are loading up the car with Babypants, and a couple of my cousins who go to BC are also going to spend Fake Thanksgiving with us. It's super silly and I am actually looking forward to it. 

Sunday and Monday who knows what's on tap. H & I have the day off since Babypants' school is closed for Presidents' Day. So we will do a family day. We are supposed to get snow at some point too. 
    So weird but H's mom emailed earlier this week saying she "found" a turkey in the freezer and wanted to do a big dinner on Sunday. 
  • I would love a fake Thanksgiving!!  It's some of my favorite comfort foods.  I just made a cranberry apple cake yesterday and kept thinking "why have I never made this for Thanksgiving?"
  • Ugh, 6.  That's not fun.  :( 

I am hoping I can get enough sleep this weekend to adjust my attitude.  I've been in a shitty and unkind mood for a few days now.  I'm irritated with everyone, especially myself.  We do not have any plans this weekend and I am off work Monday. 

I had a visitor in my driveway this morning.  I have no idea where he came from, or where he went after he stopped by. 

Image may contain outdoor
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Ugh, 6.  That's not fun.  :( 

I am hoping I can get enough sleep this weekend to adjust my attitude.  I've been in a shitty and unkind mood for a few days now.  I'm irritated with everyone, especially myself.  We do not have any plans this weekend and I am off work Monday. 

I had a visitor in my driveway this morning.  I have no idea where he came from, or where he went after he stopped by. 

Image may contain outdoor
    That's completely random. I usually just get skunks or trash pandas. 

Long weekend baby! Going to see Black Panther and get margaritas. I'm very excited for an "Adult" weekend. 
  • Happy Friday!  I have a long weekend too with nothing to do Sunday and Monday.  We don't even know H's days off until 11 p.m. tonight.  His job makes it so hard to plan!
    we're having lunch catered in at work.  I get to have flaky fish (not my top choice) and soup broth. Pretty much the only thing I can eat off a menu right now. 

@6fsn, yeah that's unnerving to say the least.  Especially since kids are being let out of school at the time.
    Yay for Fake thanksgiving!
    @VarunaTT, I hear you.  Lazy weekends are the best! netflix marathons.  Maybe you can get some in after the meetings?

• Not sure what is up for the weekend yet. SO's back still hurts. I really need to get the rest of my stuff out of the apartment. I ended up doing the final walk-through yesterday and they gave me the green light for everything except some spot paint on the walls and the automatic mandatory carpet cleaning fee. I don't know why I was so worried. I took great care of that apartment. I was a fantastic, low-maintenence tenant. If we ever have to get an apartment again, I'm going back there. I really will miss it. They take such good care of the complex. They're even replacing my stove for the next tenant, and my stove works perfectly fine (if a little outdated). 

I need to take care of my ticket today, go to the gym, and organize more house stuff. Since SO's back is still out of commission there's not a lot we can do with the big stuff in the house. Instacart finally delivers groceries in my area, so that's a tempting new development. I literally have an app album on my phone now called "Bring Me Food." I might have a problem. 

@6fsn, do you have an easy way to share the apple cranberry cake recipe? It sounds delicious! 

Fake thanksgivings are SO's favorite thing. I should probably do one soon because I have a bunch of extra thanksgiving stuff that will expire in a few months. 

• Happy Friday!

Today is frustrating at work so I'm glad we are at FRIDAY.

I am hoping to take Chiquita either ice skating or to a trampoline park tomorrow.  

Sunday is the Daytona 500 and DH is big into racing and this is one of the races that I usually stay for in its entirety.  
  • It must have been driveway wildlife week. We had this guy yesterday. 
  • @mrsconn23 and @6fsn, my son would never leave our driveway if some of that wildlife showed up...
  • @mrsconn23 and @6fsn, my son would never leave our driveway if some of that wildlife showed up...
    DefConn didn't see him because we were really late getting out of the house to the bus and ran right by him.  I came across it on my way back up from putting him on the bus.  Otherwise, he would have been obsessed. 
  • @levioosa this it.  The hardest part might be finding cranberries right now.  I always have them in my freezer because I'm obsessed. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/easy-cranberry-and-apple-cake-recipe-1923784
  • I've been in a bad mood this week too which makes me feisty at work (but in a good way). No plans for the weekend except a haircut for Baby B bc it looks awful.  Daycare is closed Monday and normally I just work from home with him but I decided to take the day off. If the rain stays away might take him to the zoo for the first time; if rainy then might try an indoor playground I've wanted to go to. It's inside a church and is free but the hours don't work for his schedule on the weekend and of course work on weekdays.  I'm also taking off Tuesday for a "me" day. I really need to work on his 1 year baby photo book and think maybe I'll actually do it that day. Also would like to work out and get a massage so we will see how the day goes. 
  • 6fsn said:
    I would love a fake Thanksgiving!!  It's some of my favorite comfort foods.  I just made a cranberry apple cake yesterday and kept thinking "why have I never made this for Thanksgiving?"
    You should totally have a Fake Thanksgiving!! That cranberry apple cake sounds delish!
  • @6fsn That's scary :\ is your area typically safe and this is a one-off?
    Yay friend on your driveway!

@sparklepants41 lol that sounds hilarious :P 

@mrsconn23 new friend :)

@TrixieJess lololol I'm not the only one who calls them Trash Pandas! :D 

I'm super excited I was really under budget for groceries last night lmao!
    We still don't have the deep freezer, so we're currently playing crazy levels of freezer tetris right now.
    We both agreed that basement needs to be priority.

Tonight we're getting paint. If I don't go with M to his buddy's place for a bit, I may start cleaning up the room. Bring dvds and games to the basement, the 2 skinny shelves if they're not too heavy, and at least move the tv away from the wall so I can clean up floor and walls around it.

We're actually painting tomorrow. I've told M I wanna get shit started early because idk how long it will take. While he moves the tv and stand to the basement, I'll likely wipe down fan blades so when we're done it won't just blow dust everywhere lol

Sunday idk. Finish painting if it needs 2nd coat, but likely work on basement.
    M is going to start arranging the work bench that he's got just a small amount to finish, but rest of the area should be able to clean up.
    I think we have a tote that's empty, so I may put baby clothes in there until we get shelving done in her room.

We're also doing a nice dinner Sunday night :)

Monday we're off. Likely getting crib and then going to M's grandparents place to visit and depending on things, grabbing the deep freezer. I told M I'd rather wait until he can get his brother to help out, because the 3 of us won't fit in the car if the freezer is there.
  • Side note I'm 24 weeks today :)
    cat melon GIF by Cheezburger

Which also means 16 weeks until my due date {June 8th still!}

• @MissKittyDanger it’s a one off. The bank around the corner got robbed a few years ago, but otherwise we’re pretty quiet. 
  • So glad to see you @ShesSoCold, how are things??
  • Welcome back @ShesSoCold! How’s life? 

• I want to go to Fake Thanksgiving!!

Tomorrow morning is the funeral and then we leave for DC after.  A trip away will be good, but I'm worried about BFF.  Her sister flies in tonight and will be staying with her all weekend, but still.  I don't know how she recovers from this, and if she does how long will it take, but it's not going to be good.  It already hasn't been good.

And @6fsn and @mrsconn23 what in the everloving hell is going on in your neighborhoods?  I'm now scared of your driveways!

@charmedpam I ate breakfast, which means I skipped lunch and your siggie box makes me want pasta.  Hmmm, may be doable.
  • Got a rejection letter.

Someone else I interviewed with last week who told me he would "get back to me" this week didn't. Business hours are almost over, so I'm guessing that he won't.

At least the sun came out.
  • edited February 2018
    I want to go to Fake Thanksgiving!!

Tomorrow morning is the funeral and then we leave for DC after.  A trip away will be good, but I'm worried about BFF.  Her sister flies in tonight and will be staying with her all weekend, but still.  I don't know how she recovers from this, and if she does how long will it take, but it's not going to be good.  It already hasn't been good.

And @6fsn and @mrsconn23 what in the everloving hell is going on in your neighborhoods?  I'm now scared of your driveways!

@charmedpam I ate breakfast, which means I skipped lunch and your siggie box makes me want pasta.  Hmmm, may be doable.
    Hop on a flight to Boston!! We have plenty of food!! 

ETA hugs for you. I know this will be a tough weekend for you guys. 
  • Thinking of you this weekend @kimmiinthemitten.

Fake Thanksgiving sounds awesome @sparklepants41.

We are going to a scotch tasting tomorrow night. I'm not really a scotch person but they will have wines for non-scotch drinkers, so ok. We went to the Korean place for dinner tonight that we went to several weeks ago. I had a bowl. It was very yummy. Lots of veggies, a bit of beef, a fried egg all over sticky rice. It is served with hot sauce on the side so you can control the heat. Loved it!

I have to start pulling together stuff for our vacation to Charleston in a few weeks. H will be at a church retreat next weekend so a lot needs to be done this weekend. We are having our kitchen floor redone while we are gone so furniture needs to be moved and knick knacks need to be put away.

We are taking the pups with us for the first time. It is a long drive so I have ordered thundershirts for them - they get anxious on car rides. I hope it helps them. I also have doggie downers from our vet to try if needed.
  • edited February 2018
    @Jen4948 I'm sorry. That sucks. Those people suck. Are there any headhunters/recruiting firms in your area you could give your resume to?  Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! Hang in there!!! 

Edited because English is hard for me today for some reason. Lol.