Wedding Woes

Happy Wednesday

What's up for the day?  I am so sore today.  Yesterday's workouts kicked my butt!  My boss is sick so not much work. I'm washing sheets, cleaning bathrooms, and general cleaning.  It's waaaaaay past due. 

Max nugget from the am:

We came up on a stopped car at a round about. Max says from the backseat "you dummy a stop sign is an octagon. A triangle is a yield". My 5 yo can figure this out, but the idiot in front of me couldn't.

Re: Happy Wednesday

• LOL at that Max story - he's adorable!

I am also sore today, but I think I am coming down with something. Every joint in my body - including my jaw - feels like I got hit by an 18-wheeler. 

On the plus side, it's already Wednesday - and my day is almost half over. And we joined a pool & racquet club/gym/spa over the weekend. I just need to get out of the house. And one of my New Year's resolutions is to do more self care. Plus, they have a ton of indoor (and come summer, outdoor) pools so I can start getting Babypants acclimated to the water. I cannot wait to start going this weekend!!!
  • Ugh, @sparklepants41. I hope you feel better! The fatigue and joint pain is the worst. 

Lol @ Max. 

I have an inpossible amount of things to do today before noon. And then school later which I’m terrified to attend. I have to do my first pap on a live model and I’m not feeling overly confident in my abilities. I really hope they keep the same equipment we originally learned with because I bought some of the variation equipment to practice with and it is way more involved. Paps aren’t exactly rocket science, but I feel like everything I know is going to leave my brain when the fake patient is in front of me. I’m sure I’ll laugh about this in the future when I’ve done a million times. 

• Ha, I feel ya on the way past due cleaning.  I felt that way Sunday.  I <3 Max.  ;)

It's rainy and blah.  I may finally get to workout today.  I've had so many fits and starts with that this year.  :(  I'm hoping things are settling down. 

I am freaking tired since DH was up at 1:30am with horrible heartburn and nausea.  He eventually went downstairs and then overslept.  So this morning was a little bit of a mad-dash.

Plus, it was warm in our room.  I tried to open a window, but it was raining so hard that I couldn't fall back asleep...I ended up putting on our fan.  

Other than that, SSDD. 
  • 6fsn said:

What's up for the day?  I am so sore today.  Yesterday's workouts kicked my butt!  My boss is sick so not much work. I'm washing sheets, cleaning bathrooms, and general cleaning.  It's waaaaaay past due. 

Max nugget from the am:

We came up on a stopped car at a round about. Max says from the backseat "you dummy a stop sign is an octagon. A triangle is a yield".

My 5 yo can figure this out, but the idiot in front of me couldn't.

LMAO, our two little ones can school all the drivers :wink:, my kid does the same thing. 

I'd just be happy if Southern Ontario could decide on a season. Yesterday it was Spring, today, we're back to Winter and by Friday, we are looking at Spring again. Next week, we may get snow. There's flood watches in a whole bunch of areas where we have family so I've been texting people all morning. 
  • ugh yeah. I was late for work too because a road was completely shut down. It was closed off yesterday after work too, but I thought they had done some irrigation work (and they did....but I guess it didnt help) over the summer and since the rain is all gone it would be OK.  It wasn't.

@6fsn, haha.  Max is a cutie.  By the time he's 16, he'll forget all he knew at 5 though.  Have fun with that :wink:
    @levioosa, GL on the exam.   You got this! 

• I love it when kiddos start to figure things out!

I'm working and home with Chiquito who spiked a fever last night.   We knew something was off when he wanted no dinner and PTFO 5 minutes into bedtime with no fighting.  

Today he walked into my office which is our spare bedroom and eyed the bathroom.   It's an odd setup with a toilet and tub in one room and a sink / counter outside of it like a motel.  He said, "Mom!   You need a sink in here!   I think Daddy took it out."  

My fingers are now crossed that this is a quick viral thing and none of us get it. 
  • I have sports fatigue already. Lacrosse equipment is expensive. 6let has been invited to two extra soccer tournaments with the head of the next level up, m2 was invited to team tryouts. Guess my nights and weekends are booked through June. 
  • 6fsn said:

Max nugget from the am:

We came up on a stopped car at a round about. Max says from the backseat "you dummy a stop sign is an octagon. A triangle is a yield".

LMAO, our two little ones can school all the drivers :wink:, my kid does the same thing. 

I'd just be happy if Southern Ontario could decide on a season. Yesterday it was Spring, today, we're back to Winter and by Friday, we are looking at Spring again. Next week, we may get snow. There's flood watches in a whole bunch of areas where we have family so I've been texting people all morning. 
    We're having the exact same thing in Buffalo, and I'm over it. Pick a season! It was in the mid-60s (High teens for our Celsius friends, I think) yesterday and a low of high 20s tonight. I'm done. How far south are you? 

Not much here; looking at houses to see this weekend, but a ton of work between now and then. 

The pup smells a little less bad today, but his face is really what stinks. All of the internet says to use a hydrogen peroxide/baking soda mix, but I just can't put that on his face. I think we're going to try the tomato sauce/juice option and see if that helps. 

• 6fsn said:
    I have sports fatigue already. Lacrosse equipment is expensive. 6let has been invited to two extra soccer tournaments with the head of the next level up, m2 was invited to team tryouts. Guess my nights and weekends are booked through June. 
    This is the part of parenting I'm not looking forward to. The cost is one thing, but the loss of free time is really what I'll miss. Hopefully he's into things that aren't super intense and are mostly local so we don't have these crazy multi-week night and whole-weekend commitments. 
    *********************************************************************************

• 6fsn said:

Max nugget from the am:

We're having the exact same thing in Buffalo, and I'm over it. Pick a season! It was in the mid-60s (High teens for our Celsius friends, I think) yesterday and a low of high 20s tonight. I'm done. How far south are you? 

Not much here; looking at houses to see this weekend, but a ton of work between now and then. 

The pup smells a little less bad today, but his face is really what stinks. All of the internet says to use a hydrogen peroxide/baking soda mix, but I just can't put that on his face. I think we're going to try the tomato sauce/juice option and see if that helps. 

I'm less than an hour from the border, Niagara side. To be fair, Buffalo and Syracuse get way worse weather than we do, I'm just tired of not knowing how to dress from day to day. 
  • @6fsn Lol damn Max!! I love when young kids spout off random crap that's accurate :')

@sparklepants41 Booo being sore :( You deserve a nice hot bath.

@levioosa I'm sure you'll do fine. Odd sentence, but good pap vibes for you :')

@banana468 Lol Chiquito looking out for his mama's needs :) I hear when something is really wrong with kids, it's super obvious. Hopefully he's feeling better.

So we got the crib last night, along with a bunch of sheets and some clothes. We have such a variety of sizes, once we get the closet set up we'll probably tape sizes on the bins lmao!
    Until then I've been putting all the clothes in size order into another bin.

Sounds like we'll be going the Science & Tech Museum on Sunday with a friend and her bf :) We've been wanting to go and she wanted to chill, so I suggested there. I'm pretty excited. They did a ton of renos, but kept a few classic things. Neither M nor I have been in years and apparently they have something of my family's there still {found that out through my aunt's fb}

We're also doing some clean up on the basement. We need to see my coworker soon since she has baby stuff {her daughter just turned 2} that we won't need for the registry {bassinet, possibly another stroller, clothes, etc}

Indigestion sucks. Nothing is helping and I'm out of Tums, so obviously I need to get more tonight :'( This just suuuuckkssss
  • TrixieJess said: 

Right!?
    We're spring for most of this week. Rainfall warning right now :(
    Winter tomorrow - which doesn't excite me at all because our driveway is already friggen ice! - and then back to spring for a bit.

But no folks, climate change doesn't exist! Lol
  • 6fsn said:

Max nugget from the am:

I'm less than an hour from the border, Niagara side. To be fair, Buffalo and Syracuse get way worse weather than we do, I'm just tired of not knowing how to dress from day to day. 
    Yeah, we get the lake effect, but I live north of the city so it's not as bad. I actually grew up about 20 minutes from the Niagara Falls border, and my sister went to grad school in Canada so I've spent a fair amount of time on your side of things. Also, we could drink legally there at 19 and would walk across the bridges. 
  • 6fsn said:

Max nugget from the am:

Yeah, we get the lake effect, but I live north of the city so it's not as bad. I actually grew up about 20 minutes from the Niagara Falls border, and my sister went to grad school in Canada so I've spent a fair amount of time on your side of things. Also, we could drink legally there at 19 and would walk across the bridges. 
    LOL, I remember going to Buffalo for a concert at 20 and being annoyed because I couldn't drink. Archaic drinking laws. 
  • 6fsn said:

Max nugget from the am:

LOL, I remember going to Buffalo for a concert at 20 and being annoyed because I couldn't drink. Archaic drinking laws. 
    I live relatively close to Quebec {an hour bus ride to Hull} and they're drinking age is 18 ;)
    We'd go to the SAQ Depot {booze warehouse} get some Smirnoff Black Ice, then go drink by a museum because people were working.
    {I only had classes until noon and my friend hadn't started class yet}
  • 6fsn said:

Max nugget from the am:

#truth 
  • 6fsn said:

Max nugget from the am:

I live relatively close to Quebec {an hour bus ride to Hull} and they're drinking age is 18 ;)
    We'd go to the SAQ Depot {booze warehouse} get some Smirnoff Black Ice, then go drink by a museum because people were working.
    {I only had classes until noon and my friend hadn't started class yet}
    We used to Via into Montreal (when they had $20 ISIC tickets), and drink at 18. We'd roll off the train still drunk or really hung over two days later, our parents were so thrilled. 
  • I just came back from a job fair. Now I'm job hunting online.
  • @*Barbie*, those pictures are amazing. 

We’re having a cold snap too. Last Saturday it was 85 degrees. This week it’s been below sixty every day with night temps at freezing. 

• @TrixieJess We usually tried to sober up by the time we got home, but many times I'd be walking in the door at 4pm still buzzed :') Mine weren't thrilled either

@*Barbie* Omg that looks amazing and sounds like so much fun
  • yes @*Barbie*, I love it! That would be so fun!

I just checked our temps, and our two highest days next week, I'll be in San Diego anyway.  What a bunch of crock.  There's no point in going to SD if the weather is nice here!!!

Funny how 54 is "nice".

• LOL 6, I love when kids say pretty much exactly what we're all thinking about annoying crap like that. Also I hate the roundabouts that are starting to pop up around here. Siri's voice saying "at the roundabout" is permanently engrained into my brain from driving around WI where they have them every 15 feet.

Holy crap Barbie that's awesome to get to dive in there! How freaking cool!

Today is my turn to have a no good horrible day.

Last night I couldn't sleep and remembered that we forgot to take pork out of the freezer. So at 11:30 I go down into the basement to find it FULL OF WATER. Like, probably an inch in the one corner. It's finished and half has carpet. UGH. As soon as H touched the sump pump, it started working again. So we spent most of the night shop-vaccing the shit out of the basement. Fingers crossed that we can keep the carpet.

But, the most important thing is that the giant framed photo of Mick Jagger sitting on the floor waiting to be hung was perfectly dry. If I hadn't gone down there last night, he definitely would have been saturated by tonight.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Thank sucks @ShesSoCold, are you in an area that typically floods? 
  • I was off Monday for daycare closure and yesterday for a "me" day. I spent almost the entire day working on baby B's 1 year book to take advantage of a Shutterfly sale. I really wish I had kept up with it throughout the year so I could have enjoyed my day.

I'm starting to get a cold and I have that balloon head feeling. To the point where I felt kind of dizzy earlier just sitting at my desk. I really want to go to yoga at my work tonight but I'm a little nervous since I'm feeling off.  Guess I can try and if I need to leave early I can

No, but we had a lot of snow and then it was unseasonably warm so it all melted and it was raining all day yesterday so there's a ton of water around everywhere. We've never had any water issues in the house and we replaced the sump pump last year. I have no idea why it never kicked on.

So, this probably sounds weird, but I had the most vivid dream that I nearly burned the house down the other night. In the dream, we had a second floor that was a converted attic (it was actually the second floor from my childhood best friend's house) and neither H nor I had been up there in several days. I went up for some odd reason to find that I'd left a candle burning (for days) and the wood floor was just starting to burn when I went up. I had a full on panic attack and H came up when he heard me freaking out. Then I woke up.

I never believed in "signs" or dreams meaning anything until my mom died but I'm almost relieved that this flooding happened because now I'm not going to keep worrying that I'm going to burn my house down with the dog in it.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

No, but we had a lot of snow and then it was unseasonably warm so it all melted and it was raining all day yesterday so there's a ton of water around everywhere. We've never had any water issues in the house and we replaced the sump pump last year. I have no idea why it never kicked on.

So, this probably sounds weird, but I had the most vivid dream that I nearly burned the house down the other night. In the dream, we had a second floor that was a converted attic (it was actually the second floor from my childhood best friend's house) and neither H nor I had been up there in several days. I went up for some odd reason to find that I'd left a candle burning (for days) and the wood floor was just starting to burn when I went up. I had a full on panic attack and H came up when he heard me freaking out. Then I woke up.

I never believed in "signs" or dreams meaning anything until my mom died but I'm almost relieved that this flooding happened because now I'm not going to keep worrying that I'm going to burn my house down with the dog in it.

Can you back charge the sump company for a faulty sump pump?
  • I didn't think I would do this, but I decided to take an indefinite break from most of the activities I've performed for a volunteer group. Got so much grief from it that it was time to give it up for a while.

Between this and my Facebook deactivation, it feels strange now. At least I have some more free time.

• yes @*Barbie*, I love it! That would be so fun!

I just checked our temps, and our two highest days next week, I'll be in San Diego anyway.  What a bunch of crock.  There's no point in going to SD if the weather is nice here!!!

Funny how 54 is "nice".
    DH and I visited our son and DIL in LA this past weekend.  The high’s hovered in the 60’s, and at night the temps hit the 50’s.  Everyone was walking around in “puffy vests” and parkas.  At home, we throw on a hoodie.  It’s all relative :-D
  • Jen4948 said:
    I didn't think I would do this, but I decided to take an indefinite break from most of the activities I've performed for a volunteer group. Got so much grief from it that it was time to give it up for a while.

Between this and my Facebook deactivation, it feels strange now. At least I have some more free time.

Sometimes it is good to put a hold on volunteering. May find something you are more passionate about or go back with renewed energy.