Wedding Woes

Snow Day Tuesday

How is everyone in the path of this storm doing? How is everyone NOT in the path of this storm doing? lol 

H and I are WFH today. Babypants' school is closed and the Governor has told everyone to stay off the roads. You can barely see our neighbors' houses across the street. We are definitely approaching blizzard conditions and it's the heavy white stuff. Fingers crossed we don't lose power. 

I got up with the baby at 3:30am though and it was only raining and I was laughing because I was thinking how ironic it would be if all we ended up with was rain after all the hype and closures. 

Re: Snow Day Tuesday

• stay safe my New England friends.  Also, winter can fuck itself right now.  I'm so over the cold weather!

I'm trying to put an order in for a Walmart grocery pick up and it keeps saying "something is wrong with your order" but it's not telling me what's wrong!!! argh!!!

• stay safe my New England friends.  Also, winter can fuck itself right now.  I'm so over the cold weather!

I'm trying to put an order in for a Walmart grocery pick up and it keeps saying "something is wrong with your order" but it's not telling me what's wrong!!! argh!!!
    Did you add candy or any other junk food to your order? If not, that might be what is wrong with it lol
  • Y'all on the east coast have just had the worst few weeks with this weather.  Stay safe!!  

It's sunny and a little chilly today. Other than that, SSDD.  

Spring break starts Friday and we have 2 weeks off.  The weather doesn't look too promising.  :/ I need to find some stuff to do the second week when I'm off work. 
  • Stay safe, storm Knotties! 

Today is my last day of work for the week. I'm so tired. We've been really busy so yesterday I barely got a lunch. I've been stressing out a lot because my first clinical site fell through. I was assigned a second one but their phone number has been having problems, so if I can't get a hold of them today then I have to just show up tomorrow and hope it doesn't offend them. And my clinical instructor hasn't replied about doing clinical hours during our spring break, so I don't even have a solid schedule for them if I do go. We're technically not supposed to do any hours during that time, but I'm literally 12 weeks behind at this point. I have 4 weeks left to do 145 clinical hours at a clinic I haven't been able to contact yet, and that's only open 20 hours a week. So basically it's impossible anyways and I'll be stacking hours next semester. I'm frustrated. 

• I got up 10 minutes before I had to leave this morning, so yeah. 

We got maybe 3 cm of snow (about an inch) and that wouldn't constitute a snow day ever here. 

I'm just trying to stay awake and do my work today...
  • Yay for a snow day and I hope you don't lose power!

Since you're all on the edges of your seats, I got a no chip. She cut them too short, but other than that I'm happy.

FIL's family is a cluster and holidays are always a mess with them. They live in a split level and Grandma can't do stairs. Their house is filthy and they have these cats and Aunt is allergic so she can't ever come to holidays. Since we bought our house (a ranch), we've been trying to host the holidays for these reasons (plus like 1,000 more), but the stepmom is always really weird and insistent that stuff is there. Plus we ALWAYS have my family stuff at 4 and FIL's family never seems to remember and we're always rushing around.

I started inviting everyone over like the day before or after a holiday to avoid this shit. I just got confirmation from Aunt that they're not busy the day before Easter so it's a go. Gotta plan food, which is one of my favorite things to do. LOL

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Did you add candy or any other junk food to your order? If not, that might be what is wrong with it lol
    Funny thing is, the reason WHY I'm doing online is so I don't get tempted with candy and junk.  I have to stock up on protein protein protein! a few veggies but this is the healthiest I've ever "shopped".

Ugh that's frustrating!

But I just tried that this weekend for the first time and LOVED it. They just pile everything in your car and away you go. The produce I ordered was good, too. We even got a bonus mango we didn't order!

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • This morning was hectic. I had a really important networking event with senior leadership and I was late.

Last weekend, we moved my nightstand and replaced it with futurebelle's bassinet, so my phone was on DH's nightstand. Instead of hitting snooze, he turned off my alarm. Also, DH's car is the only one with a car seat right now - he's taking mine to the dealer today for some work and getting a loaner. So whereas I could normally just leave and let DH take babybelle to daycare, I couldn't today. Gahhhh. It felt like that scene from Home Alone where everyone sleeps in and is trying to get to the airport. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Y'all who do curbside grocery pick up, do you tip? @CharmedPam @ShesSoCold I've never done it but I really want to start. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Y'all who do curbside grocery pick up, do you tip? @CharmedPam @ShesSoCold I've never done it but I really want to start. 

I did but the girl looked SHOCKED, so I assume most people don't.

Ugh that's frustrating!

But I just tried that this weekend for the first time and LOVED it. They just pile everything in your car and away you go. The produce I ordered was good, too. We even got a bonus mango we didn't order!

That's great.  So wait - is there a special door I have to go to? I figured I'd just go to the "online pick up" counter like it was an item I ordered from the website?  I'm sure once I check out, they'll let me know.

I want this set for Monday, so maybe that's why I'm having issues?  Is it too far out? But Monday *is* an option so why give me problems if it's an option to reserve it so soon?

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2018
    Y'all who do curbside grocery pick up, do you tip? @CharmedPam @ShesSoCold I've never done it but I really want to start. 
    I've not heard of tipping for curbside, but my friend who delivers for Shipt says that tipping is the norm.  There is an option in the Shipt app to tip. 

Ugh that's frustrating!

That's great.  So wait - is there a special door I have to go to? I figured I'd just go to the "online pick up" counter like it was an item I ordered from the website?  I'm sure once I check out, they'll let me know.

I want this set for Monday, so maybe that's why I'm having issues?  Is it too far out? But Monday *is* an option so why give me problems if it's an option to reserve it so soon?

There should be orange signs around the parking lot, telling you where to go and you just park and wait. The pickup spot at my Walmart was all the way around towards the back of the building and there's designated parking spots. You don't even get out of your car.

Yeah, it seems like they need 24+ hours for the pickup, so that kind of sucks if you need something quickly. But I placed my order Saturday afternoon and picked it up Sunday afternoon, so IDK why Monday would be an issue...?

When your order is ready, they send you an email and you click something to let them know you're on your way. Your phone (at least mine did) will ask you if you want Walmart to be able to track your location and then they know how far away you are and when you're there.

Same. I'm so over it. It's like the city has given up on plowing for anything under than 5 inches of snow so much commute sucked. And we're getting another 6-10 inches tonight. Awesome. 
  • Not much here, saw another house we weren't wow'ed by last night. There just isn't much available here now and it's frustrating. I'm impatient because I want a house, like yesterday. 
  • Not much here, saw another house we weren't wow'ed by last night. There just isn't much available here now and it's frustrating. I'm impatient because I want a house, like yesterday. 
    do you think it will start picking up soon with spring or were you hoping to avoid the big spring/summer listing frenzy
    there are a couple cute colonials for sale in my neighborhood :smile: MOVE HERE!!! 
  • kvruns said:
    Not much here, saw another house we weren't wow'ed by last night. There just isn't much available here now and it's frustrating. I'm impatient because I want a house, like yesterday. 
    do you think it will start picking up soon with spring or were you hoping to avoid the big spring/summer listing frenzy
    We think (hope) it's going to pick up. The area has had low inventory for a while and last summer had record high home prices. Our agent was thinking things would be a bit better by now, but part of it could be that the weather has sucked so people are waiting until winter has broken. We'd like to be in by summer not just to miss the frenzy but to not have to move again in the middle of the summer. 

Not much here, saw another house we weren't wow'ed by last night. There just isn't much available here now and it's frustrating. I'm impatient because I want a house, like yesterday. 
    there are a couple cute colonials for sale in my neighborhood :smile: MOVE HERE!!! 
    I would move to Boston/New England in a second if H would actually go with me. I loved living in New Hampshire. H's sister lived in Boston for years and she and her H are now in Manchester. I love the area, but H wouldn't go for it. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2018
    I would move to Boston/New England in a second if H would actually go with me. I loved living in New Hampshire. H's sister lived in Boston for years and she and her H are now in Manchester. I love the area, but H wouldn't go for it. 
    100% where I'm at too.  Salem or Plymouth are my loves but anything in Boston or New England I wouldn't say no to.  H can transfer so this is more on me though, we have a North East office but no vacancies and I do love my job here.  I bet I could fly back here to Chicago every once and awhile and still see my friends the same as I do now.

I hear you on the impatience.  I had no place to live from Nov 1st - January 13th because the people living in the house I bought kept on extending their move out date (it was a short sale). I was living with a friend and was about to search other places like quick sales/eager sellers.  It was SO frustrating!

@shessocold, @southernbelle0915 I never thought to tip on pick up (if I had to walk in and get it from a counter like I would an online order) but curbside does change things.

edit: words

• Ugh. Our lights keep flickering. I really don't want to lose power (and heat because while our heat is gas, our boiler is electric) again this year with a baby. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    DH worked for over a month on a project to set national quality and training practices for a specific function within his company (because he pointed out that they didn't have the information and shared his suggestions, so they told him to run with it and come up with the guidelines).  His manual was posted on their intranet today with his name attached. 

I'm ridiculously proud of him! He's been there 6 months and is kicking so much ass.   <3 
    Yay Mr.Conn! After so much work fuckery he deserves that. 
  • It's snowing here too. Not risk of storm, so everyone in that part - stay safe!

Image result for stop snowing meme

Image result for stop snowing meme

I keep seeing one person I'm not speaking to on my bus, so that's a thing. M keeps getting mad but I'm not directly being a bitch .... they need me to be the villain, then fuck it. I will be. :)

Today's my mum's bday :) I've already sent a crap ton of msg's to her that she won't see until her lunch hour lmao!
    The card I got her was kind of obnoxious, but it was great. You just keep unfolding it and it's a giant poster :')

We have cleaning to do this week since we're having a couple friends over on Friday for dinner. M really wants to BBQ lol

Btw has anyone tried the egg bake things from Starbucks? Friend of mine had it on Friday and they smelt so good I ended up getting it today. OMFG!!!
    Idk if I love it because they're good, or they're better because I'm pregnant. Regardless I'm gonna start making some egg bakes at home :)
    I adore the pickup.  I've been using a meal planning app that basically gives me 7 meals, creates the grocery list, I mark what I have, and then send what I need straight to the Walmart website, I go through "grocery shopping" and then send it to walmart for pickup.  It's saved us so much money on food waste that the meal planning service pays for itself, easily, and gotten us eating at home more.  

I asked my woman if I could tip her (I have the same woman every time, her name is Daisy :smile:) and she said they weren't allowed to accept it.  I was thinking about maybe slipping her a GC at some point, to Starbucks or the like, in a small amount as a thank you.  I also make sure to fill out the review afterwards and mention her specifically by name, so that her review goes well, hopefully.

I had to call in sick yesterday and I'm still not great today.  I'm just worn out.  I think my pattern of low vit. D and iron is rearing it's ugly head again.  So, I'm doubling up on my vit. D until it's actually spring and I can get outside.  Hopefully it helps b/c I don't have time for "no energy, sleep all day".
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I'm so sorry for everyone in the snow path.  I am praying Saturday weather is fine.  DH has a big project all day Saturday that is shutting down a major road.  If the weather is bad they have to cancel.  Which means the re-schedule will probably land right smack dab in the middle of 3 soccer games and 2 baseball games.

Curbside pickup- I don't tip and every place around here says you aren't allowed- Kroger, Giant Eagle, Walmart.  Shipt is different because they bring it to your home so I figure it's more like pizza.  I've never used Shipt though.

I am anxiously awaiting the aforementioned sports schedules.  We have our first games March 24/25!!  Plus gymnastics tryout on the 25th and I've heard nothing about that!  I've decided I want to do a 5k this year.  Once I get these schedules I'm picking a weekend and doing one somewhere.

MIL sent a text yesterday "when is spring break?"  I got all excited thinking she might want to do something with them.  Nope.  She was just curious.  Bummer.

• I've been slightly tempted with the Walmart pick-up.  But, every time I think about it, I don't see it being anything but a disaster.  I'm highly skeptical.  I dunno.  Maybe I should try it out with a small order.

I picture they'll forget something.  I wouldn't dare leave until I've double checked everything, because then it would take me just as long to go home and drive back as it would to have done all the shopping myself to begin with.

And/or I'll be sitting at the special pick-up section in the front.  And sitting...and sitting...and sitting.  Have to go inside...spend 15-20+ minutes waiting in line to talk to or go hunting for someone to help me.  Now I'm back to it taking almost as long as for me to have just done the shopping myself, except even more aggravating.

What about frozen stuff?  Do you all know if they keep that somewhere special and don't bring it out until my car is literally sitting at the curb?

Definitely forget produce.  I'd have to either leave that off my list and go inside to buy that anyway or buy it elsewhere.  Produce is HORRIBLE where I live.  Not just at Walmart.  Everywhere.  I often have produce items on my list, but don't even buy those items 25% of the time.  Because even cherry-picking the "best" ones are not acceptable.  50% of the time, the majority of the fruit is awful, but I can get what I need by cherry-picking.  Only 25% of the time would randomly grabbing fruit items work out.  I could only imagine what rotting, nasty examples I might end up with if I just had instructions for 5 oranges and one bunch of bananas.

I sound like such a grouchy-pants!  But it comes from experience, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2018

I've been slightly tempted with the Walmart pick-up.  But, every time I think about it, I don't see it being anything but a disaster.  I'm highly skeptical.  I dunno.  Maybe I should try it out with a small order.

See I always forget it's an option.  I always think about trying it, and end up going to the store anyway.  The kiddo works for Wally World now and I should remember to do it and set the pick-up for when I drop him at work.   I wish our local Kroger had clicklist, but I wonder if they're going to do a remodel before they get it. 
  • edited March 2018

I've been slightly tempted with the Walmart pick-up.  But, every time I think about it, I don't see it being anything but a disaster.  I'm highly skeptical.  I dunno.  Maybe I should try it out with a small order.

I picture they'll forget something.  I wouldn't dare leave until I've double checked everything, because then it would take me just as long to go home and drive back as it would to have done all the shopping myself to begin with.

And/or I'll be sitting at the special pick-up section in the front.  And sitting...and sitting...and sitting.  Have to go inside...spend 15-20+ minutes waiting in line to talk to or go hunting for someone to help me.  Now I'm back to it taking almost as long as for me to have just done the shopping myself, except even more aggravating.

What about frozen stuff?  Do you all know if they keep that somewhere special and don't bring it out until my car is literally sitting at the curb?

Definitely forget produce.  I'd have to either leave that off my list and go inside to buy that anyway or buy it elsewhere.  Produce is HORRIBLE where I live.  Not just at Walmart.  Everywhere.  I often have produce items on my list, but don't even buy those items 25% of the time.  Because even cherry-picking the "best" ones are not acceptable.  50% of the time, the majority of the fruit is awful, but I can get what I need by cherry-picking.  Only 25% of the time would randomly grabbing fruit items work out.  I could only imagine what rotting, nasty examples I might end up with if I just had instructions for 5 oranges and one bunch of bananas.

I sound like such a grouchy-pants!  But it comes from experience, lol.

I was super skeptical too. Our Walmarts are shit (are any Walmarts not shit?) but I thought, "Fuck it, I'll give it a shot".

I bought frozen shrimp and they were still hard as a rock when we got home.

I didn't buy much produce and what I did get was good. They didn't have my romaine (actually the employee called it Romanian lettuce, LOL) but that was probably a good thing because I'm picky about my salads. I'd still think it would be worth it to go somewhere else for produce and get all the pantry stuff at Walmart.

We did have to wait a bit but there were 4 other cars there when we picked up and it's brand new to this Walmart. But it worked out surprisingly well for me.

The biggest plus is that this Walmart is right across the street from the farm where I have my CSA box in the summer so I'll get all my produce, run across the street and get everything else I need in like 15 minutes total!

ETA: I sound like a Walmart spokesperson. Sorry. I am not an employee of Walmart, just excited that I didn't have to physically go grocery shopping on a Sunday afternoon at Walmart and pleasantly surprised.

• We painted the trim in two windows for our blinds - painting trim sucks!  I have 4 more windows to go, a door wall and 8 doors and 3 closets if I wanna get crazy!

Husband has a small speech tonight, and he's getting a cold so he'll be boatloads of fun.  Other than that SSDD.

Good luck Nor'Easters.  A friend in RI cranked up her heat so if she loses power again she can at least retain it longer than last time.  Winter 2 has not been nice to you guys!

I use Shipt so I tip based on the size of the order.  This last time, the order was 1.5 hours late, but it was clearly a scheduling problem and not the shopper - who was doing a night run.  I've never done the curbside.