Wedding Woes

Wednesday

I just registered for my first 5k. That's all I've got. 

Re: Wednesday

• whoo hoo!  go you!

I thought it was Thursday, but then you titled this post Wednesday and i came to the realization that it really was Wednesday.  That's all I've got.

• It won't stop snowing. I swear it's going to snow until May. 

But I'm taking a half day today because I need to get my hair cut and colored before a wedding this weekend and I have no other time to do it. I also need something to wear because all of my dresses are still packed in boxes but that can probably wait until Friday.  
  • My car was left out of the garage and is snow-covered.  Blerg.  I hope the sun burns it off.  I don't have to go anywhere until later today. 

You reminded me that we need to sign up for DefConn's color run at his school.  
  • 5k - that's awesome, 6!

Those weeks are the worst, Pam. They seem to last foreeeevvvveeerrrrr.

It;s gotta stop eventually, Charlotte - you'll make it! :)

I have a headache. Feels like the beginning of a migraine. I wanted to call in but I have some stuff leftover from yesterday that I didn't get to. So this is my punishment for dicking off too much yesterday to get my shit done.

And I've been procrastinating on a project I was given because people are dumb. I have to send like 40 emails basically telling clients we're incompetent and they have to sign a form we should have sent them months ago. I've been sitting on it for like a week and it hasn't just disappeared so looks like I gotta just do it.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @6fsn Whooo :) Excellent! When is the run?

I cannot get up on time all week. DST is driving me nuts.

As I said to M this morning, there will be a day we have our shit together and that's not this week in general.
  • My dog is confused by DST and that has been making me and my H laugh.  She normally starts camping out by the door about 30 minutes before I usually get home from work.  But now that the outside light is "different" at that time of day, she hasn't caught on yet and hasn't been hanging out by the door, lol.

For those of you have a Blaze Pizza near you, they are having a great promo today.  It's Pi Day (3/14), so all their pizzas are $3.14.  It's already on my calendar, so I don't forget to swing by after work, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We took a Target run last night and bought more than we said we will.  That was why I brought H!  To keep my spending in check!  We will have a big Target bill this month because of items I bought for DD's party.

I also finally got H to notice if DD is having a school party for St. Patty's Day.  On a rare day I picked up, I noticed there was a V-day party last month, with a sign up sheet, so I put DD down for Puffs (we had 2 unopened containers!).  That also meant that H totally missed any sign up sheet for a Christmas/Holiday party they probably had.  So last night H tells me there is a sign up sheet for a St. Patty's Day party.  He said Puffs were on it.  So we grabbed 2 containers while at Target.  He called me this morning to say someone already signed up for Puffs. ::Head Smack:: So we signed up for something else.  Hopefully this will teach H to actually claim the item we want to bring in!

Tonight is yoga and I need it so badly!  I missed my class last week due to the snow.  I haven't been to a Saturday class in a while either.  I really need to get back into it.

Our Anniversary is on Friday.  It will be 6 years.  Time has flown!  We are having a nice dinner out at the fancy Steakhouse at the Borgata followed up by tickets to see Lewis Black.  I cannot wait!  I even rented a dress from RTR!

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @OliveOilsMom let’s see the dress!!!  My husband still hasn’t figured out to sign up on the spot and ask questions late. 
  • @shessocold, I've been procrastinating a project too. Same lazy consultant of ours who wants us to do their job for them, so I'm almost waiting for the last day of the deadline.  ha.  Here's to procrastination. 
    @short+sassy, that is the cutest story ever (of your dog.  not the pizza.  Pizza is a delicious story) 
    @6sfn, that is amazing time!  I will never run. It's not in my blood but I usually do 1.5 miles in 30 minutes every morning walking on the treadmill.
    @oliveoilsmom, yes let's see the dress! Also what is a puff? like, pastry puff?

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2018
    I just had to go yell "STAHP!!!" at the bird that pecks on my windows daily because she's being especially annoying and isn't giving it up this morning.  Usually she's good for a few pecks in the kitchen and on my office window, but today she's been insistent. 

I feel a little like a crazy lady though yelling at a bird from inside my house.  :D 
  • Yay for 5K!

@southernbelle0915, that is one of SO’s biggest pet peeves. 

School today. I am exhausted. I had a really chatty family three days in a row and it took a lot out of me. I don’t have that much small talk in me. Plus it slowed me down with my actual stuff I had to do. 

I cant wait for today to be over. I just need to get through it so then I can get ready for Vegas. 

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2018
    @shessocold, I've been procrastinating a project too. Same lazy consultant of ours who wants us to do their job for them, so I'm almost waiting for the last day of the deadline.  ha.  Here's to procrastination. 
    @short+sassy, that is the cutest story ever (of your dog.  not the pizza.  Pizza is a delicious story) 
    @6sfn, that is amazing time!  I will never run. It's not in my blood but I usually do 1.5 miles in 30 minutes every morning walking on the treadmill.
    @oliveoilsmom, yes let's see the dress! Also what is a puff? like, pastry puff?

I believe she is referring to those cheese puff balls, like a fluffier Cheeto, that come in those small plastic barrels.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @OliveOilsMom, that dress is gorgeous!  Emerald green is one of my favorite colors.  For me, I also find long panels like that are extra slimming, ie when optical illusions work in my favor, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • omg I LOVE that dress @oliveoilsmom!  Rock it!  and yes, I know those puffs! my friend's daughter LOVES those and she brings them with her all the time.  I feel OK not knowing what they were now :) 

• OOM, I LOVE THAT!!

Pam, I'm new to this department and the other two ladies here are terrible. We do employee benefits and when the groups' health insurance plans renew, we send them updated summaries of benefits and coverages. Simple, right? No. I didn't know that the groups need to sign a form confirming that the SBC was given to their employees and the other ladies here didn't bother to remember that with the renewals.

So now we're going back to all these groups to sign this form we should have sent with the renewal.

But the kicker, I just found this out this morning - the other lady (the dumbest person in the world I talked about before) has been sending this form to EVERY group, even the ones that don't need to sign it yet. I asked her why she's not checking to see if these are required for each group and she looked at me like I had 3 heads. God forbid anyone around completes a task completely and thoroughly. I want to punch her.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @ShesSoCold Is that a state requirement that your groups need to sign off on a form that they distributed the SBCs to their employees, or just an organizational requirement? We remind our groups that they need to go to employees during OE for their renewal, but I've never heard of having groups sign off stating that they did it (though it's not a bad idea).
  • @ShesSoCold Is that a state requirement that your groups need to sign off on a form that they distributed the SBCs to their employees, or just an organizational requirement? We remind our groups that they need to go to employees during OE for their renewal, but I've never heard of having groups sign off stating that they did it (though it's not a bad idea).

I don't believe it's a state requirement because only one carrier asks for it, but it is a requirement for BCBS.

I just hate how dumb we look. "Hi Client, please sign this form we never sent you at renewal". "Oh wait, nevermind. We don't need this from you yet."

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Ooooh pretty @OliveOilsMom!!!

I don't believe it's a state requirement because only one carrier asks for it, but it is a requirement for BCBS.

I just hate how dumb we look. "Hi Client, please sign this form we never sent you at renewal". "Oh wait, nevermind. We don't need this from you yet."

Interesting. BCBS in our region doesn't require any sign off, but it's not a bad idea. And I totally get hating looking dumb in front of clients. Even when it's not our issue but the carriers, we still share the responsibility and it sucks.
  • Love the dress! And yay for 5ks! I want to sign up for one. At least with a baby around, I think a 5k is all I have time to train for. I love me some half and full marathons but I don't see several-hour training runs in my foreseeable future. 

This year I switched jobs again and now work in a legal department. A colleague was telling me that x external firm has one guy billing a thousand dollars (USD) an hour. Hot damn. And now all I can think of is the scene from Clueless where Cher says, "Daddy's a litigator. That means he gets paid $500 an hour just to fight with people!"  And that got them that gorgeous house in Beverly Hills. ..... Inflation, man. Inflation. 

• Stuck in the box.  

My kid peed on the floor today. He was having a meltdown and got away from me mid diaper change and stood behind the chair and peed. My day has gotten progressively worse after that. But at least it is all small/silly stuff

• @short+sassy  First photo looks like my house, only ours has darker floors but similar wall colour {fml lol}

@kvruns Is it a 'pick your battles' day? Tbh that would be a day ruiner for me lol
  • I know we've sometimes had funny discussions about Nextdoor posts.

I just posted my rental ad on Nextdoor!  I've never done that before, though I've seen others do it, and am curious how it will turn out.  Simply because of the type of website it is, I don't expect to get many responses.  But I feel like any I do get will probably be higher quality/higher interest.

Speaking of that rental, here are some before/after pics of the paint job that felt like a milestone around our necks, lol.  We also changed the color from a sunny yellow to a light blue.  We thought the light blue would be a bit more neutral, but without being a typical ho-hum neutral.  The house was built in 1911 and needs more pizzazz and personality than a basic beige or shade of white, lol.  At least that's imho.

Before:

After:

It's a "shotgun" style house.  A super common type of architecture in NOLA.  They were built to be thin and long, like a wind tunnel, back in the days before A/C.  The idea being that the front and back doors were left open for circulation, during the summer.  As such, there aren't any doors or hallways, except next to the bathroom.   The term "shotgun" comes from the joke that you could fire a shotgun from the front door of the house, the bullet would go whizzing right through the house and out the back door, without hitting anything.

With all that said, my H and I are planning to put one of those cool barn doors across the doorway in the picture.  Probably in a darker wood tone, like mahogany.  We think it would look AWESOME and be really eye catching.  Plus it would give a separation to the living room and the rest of the house.  

Edited to add: (sigh) I tried to re-size the pics, so it wasn't one small and one huge one, but that's just how the cookie crumbles sometimes, lol. 

I watch enough HGTV to know and LOVE the shotgun style! Looks great. Hope the ad works!

• Ooohhh...speaking of Walmart yesterday.  Apparently they also have an online grocery service and will be expanding it to 100 metro areas by the year's end.

It's a flat $9.95 fee and requires at least a $30 purchase.

If that ever rolls out for my local Walmart...it's a good thing I have a job I need to go to so I don't become a shut-in, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ooohhh...speaking of Walmart yesterday.  Apparently they also have an online grocery service and will be expanding it to 100 metro areas by the year's end.

It's a flat $9.95 fee and requires at least a $30 purchase.

If that ever rolls out for my local Walmart...it's a good thing I have a job I need to go to so I don't become a shut-in, lol.

I was finally able to put my order in! Maybe it needed that extra day to make it 5?  I didn't see a $9.95 fee on mine though.....

• kvruns said:
    Stuck in the box.  

My kid peed on the floor today. He was having a meltdown and got away from me mid diaper change and stood behind the chair and peed. My day has gotten progressively worse after that. But at least it is all small/silly stuff

You need wine.