Wedding Woes

Spring/Summer fashion

2»

Re: Spring/Summer fashion

• I think the answer is no, but curious anyways - 
    Does anyone here wear rompers or body suits?

If so, rompers - is it as much of a pain as it looks? I've seen a few cute ones, but basically walked away because the idea of them just sounds like more work than worth
  • Do you guys consider a maxi skirt with a t-shirt and cardigan office appropriate? It's technically, dress-code wise, okay but I felt kind of dumpy the one day I wore one mid-week last year.

Honestly, no. I think there's a difference between looking professional in an office setting and doing the bare minimum. Maxi skirts and tshirts (even when paired with a cardigan) are too casual, IMHO.

As a general rule for my own self and my own work environment, if I look in the mirror or think about my outfit and even CONSIDER that it's just "technically dress-code" or maybe not a good choice, then it's out. Period. 

I agree with this 100%. Thank you. The one time I wore a maxi skirt during the week (we have jeans Fridays so I usually wear maxis on Fridays in the summers) I was insecure about it, but my work friends said it was fine.

But yeah, I want a customer to come in to see me unexpectedly and I don't have to think "shit I wore X today!".

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

If so, rompers - is it as much of a pain as it looks? I've seen a few cute ones, but basically walked away because the idea of them just sounds like more work than worth
    That’s a fat no. Rompers make my ass look long and horrible. Plus peeing is....cold. :D
    They're cute, but it's the idea of the bathroom that makes me wanna say no lol but so many are cute! 
  • I keep getting facebook ads for PJ rompers. They look SO COMFY but I know that middle of the night pee would be disastrous.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Rompers make me feel like a child and also how do you pee in them? Bodysuits remind me of grade school and they weren't comfortable when I was that small, they're not going to be comfortable now.

I do have a cute romper I use as a swimsuit coverup though! It was super cheap end of summer Target clearance and I figured with a cover up you're usually always taking the whole thing off anyway.
  • Do you guys consider a maxi skirt with a t-shirt and cardigan office appropriate? It's technically, dress-code wise, okay but I felt kind of dumpy the one day I wore one mid-week last year.

Honestly, no. I think there's a difference between looking professional in an office setting and doing the bare minimum. Maxi skirts and tshirts (even when paired with a cardigan) are too casual, IMHO.

As a general rule for my own self and my own work environment, if I look in the mirror or think about my outfit and even CONSIDER that it's just "technically dress-code" or maybe not a good choice, then it's out. Period. 
    I think it depends on the outfit.

I have a couple tops that are sheer enough to layer with a tank top.
    Tank tops aren't dress-code {we're pretty causal} but with those sheer tops, there's no issue. So technically it's not dress code, but with the layer it covers.

My boss has said it's fine, so it may depend on the office also.
  • All depends on the office. I'm thankful to work in a casual office after having been in a dressy one in my previous job. 
  • I have a friend who works in fashion, and she said the cold shoulder look isn't going to last much longer, but the flutter-sleeve thing should stick around awhile. 

I avoid outright, obvious trends when I can help it because I want my clothes to last longer. DH calls me the Cardigan Queen and Mr. Rogers because I wear tank tops ("shells" if you will) with cardigans (or blazers, if I'm feelin' fancy) to work pretty much every single day, and even weekends depending on the weather. I also live in black ballet flats or riding-style boots, again depending on the weather. I will figuratively die if skinny/slim jeans go out of style because I don't want to wear boot cut jeans ever again. Boot cuts require heels on me because I'm short and otherwise look dumpy in boot cut. 

• @thisismynickname2 It doesn't surprise me the cold-shoulder isn't sticking around much longer.
    I've been seeing a lot of flutter and puff sleeves lately, so that makes sense
  • (snip)

I avoid outright, obvious trends when I can help it because I want my clothes to last longer. (snip)
    This is me exactly.
    *********************************************************************************

• 6fsn said:

I don't know why I bother my time is either at the fields or the pool.  I do need a new suit. 

My mom board chicks are all about Cupshe, but there are some quality and fit questions.  I looked and they're cheap enough that it couldn't hurt to try them out. 

And one of the more stylish ladies found some really cute suits on Amazon. 
  • I have a friend who works in fashion, and she said the cold shoulder look isn't going to last much longer, but the flutter-sleeve thing should stick around awhile. 

I avoid outright, obvious trends when I can help it because I want my clothes to last longer. DH calls me the Cardigan Queen and Mr. Rogers because I wear tank tops ("shells" if you will) with cardigans (or blazers, if I'm feelin' fancy) to work pretty much every single day, and even weekends depending on the weather. I also live in black ballet flats or riding-style boots, again depending on the weather. I will figuratively die if skinny/slim jeans go out of style because I don't want to wear boot cut jeans ever again. Boot cuts require heels on me because I'm short and otherwise look dumpy in boot cut. 
    preach it sista this is all me. You described by entire wardrobe and style
  • (snip)

I avoid outright, obvious trends when I can help it because I want my clothes to last longer. (snip)
    This is me exactly.
    Me too.   I try to add something into my wardrobe that may be trendy but at a lower price point.

Example: I have a peplum t-shirt top I picked up last year but I'll pair it with a standard cardigan or a blazer.   I'll get patterned blouses on sale that I put under a classic outer layer.  That helps me feel somewhat trendy but also classic.

• banana468 said:
    (snip)

This is me exactly.
    Me too.   I try to add something into my wardrobe that may be trendy but at a lower price point.

Example: I have a peplum t-shirt top I picked up last year but I'll pair it with a standard cardigan or a blazer.   I'll get patterned blouses on sale that I put under a classic outer layer.  That helps me feel somewhat trendy but also classic.

I scour the clearance section of Nordstrom Rack to find trendy stuff at a price point I can live with.  Beyond that, my wardrobe is very basic. I own a ton of cardigans and casual jackets/hoodies.  V-neck tees in any basic color are a staple.  Skinny jeans, preferably in dark colors, 

I have jumped on the floral bandwagon recently.  I found a super cute blouse that I can dress up or down this past weekend.  I wore it for Les Mis. 

I will go for crazy prints/colors in my athleisure, because I only wear it around the house or to be active. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    kvruns said:
    can I continue to wear my maternity shorts even though my baby is over 1.  asking for a friend.
    I have a few pairs of maternity pants that I didn’t donate...I wear them sometimes.  My twins will be 3 in July  :#

The stores by me seem to be putting a lot of flowy and off-the-shoulder tops, kind of a boho/whimsical vibe.  Personally I still love maxi dresses.
  • I'm waiting for the horrendous baggy look to go away. Soon, pleeeeease! I have two shirts I need to take in that I bought because that's all there was. 

Also, paper thin, see-through knit tops. 
  • @MairePoppy I think we may have a vendor issue.  This knottie# has resurrected two really old threads to (seemingly) promote this sock company.  The other thread was on Attire & Accessories/Men's Fashion post.

Thanks!
  • Thank you, MobKaz.