Wedding Woes

It's only Wednesday..

2»

Re: It's only Wednesday..

• Jen4948 said:
    The weather is fine but I am absolutely furious.

The company I am working for (a reputable one) gave me a bad paycheck that just now caused an overdraft in my bank account of over a thousand dollars. I'm so pissed off.

The company did escalate the issue but I probably will have to eat an NSF fee because of their mistake.

Holy horseshit, batman!! You should try to get them to pay the overdraft fee too! Ugh I'm mad on your behalf!
    I'm certainly going to ask for that!
  • Yuck! How do they issue a bad paycheck??
  • Jen4948 said:

The company I am working for (a reputable one) gave me a bad paycheck that just now caused an overdraft in my bank account of over a thousand dollars. I'm so pissed off.

The company did escalate the issue but I probably will have to eat an NSF fee because of their mistake.

Holy horseshit, batman!! You should try to get them to pay the overdraft fee too! Ugh I'm mad on your behalf!
    They so owe you those fees.  However, start by trying to get someone (Payroll or HR?) to write a letter to your bank on their letterhead stating that the bad check was their fault and to clear any fees that were incurred by it.  I've done it before in my job (due to an overcharge from us) and it's worked.  
  • kvruns said:
    Yuck! How do they issue a bad paycheck??
    I'm trying to figure that out myself.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Jen4948 said:

They so owe you those fees.  However, start by trying to get someone (Payroll or HR?) to write a letter to your bank on their letterhead stating that the bad check was their fault and to clear any fees that were incurred by it.  I've done it before in my job (due to an overcharge from us) and it's worked.  
    Thanks, I will ask them to do that when the time comes. Right now I need them to get rid of the overdraft.
  • Jen4948 said:

how in the hell does this even happen at a reputable company??? I agree with @ShesSoCold - they should also pay your overdraft fee!!!
  • Jen4948 said:

how in the hell does this even happen at a reputable company??? I agree with @ShesSoCold - they should also pay your overdraft fee!!!

Although it sounds crazy, I had something similar happen to me years ago.  At the time, I was in HS and working p/t as a teller at Wells Fargo.  I don't know exactly what happened, but there was some big payroll screw-up...I think for the whole company...that happened with our paychecks right before Christmas!!!  Talk about bad timing.

No one got paid on the normal payday and payroll was delayed by over a week.  They made good on all the OD fees...especially since most employees had their accounts with them anyway!  Wouldn't that have been super rude, otherwise, lol.  But there were understandably a lot of unhappy campers. 

@Jen4948, ss to hear it!  I'm sure they'll get everything worked out quickly and make you whole.  But I know it is really frustrating in the meantime.  Especially with everything else you've gone through this year.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The company says it looked into the matter and the check should have been honored, while the bank says it can't do anything until tomorrow. All I got from the bank is an agreement to waive the overdraft fee.
  • To top things off, the company decided to "go in a different direction" and took away my job.
  • Oh, Jen I'm so sorry!!

I hope this isn't against the rules to allude to, but has anyone seen that thread on NEY? Dear god I hope it's fake. 
  • Oh, Jen I'm so sorry!!

I hope this isn't against the rules to allude to, but has anyone seen that thread on NEY? Dear god I hope it's fake. 

That MUD is so bad it's stuck in more than just the tires of a Pontiac Tempest.
  • edited April 2018
    Oh it's definitely mud. It's old regs from that board. 

Edited to to correct typo. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Oh it's definitely mud. It's old regs from that board. 

Edited to to correct typo. 
    Lol good to know!!
  • Yea can’t figure out why you would troll a board you used to frequent? And didn’t that group kind of implode after being really tight knit?
  • It was a joke. 

We didn't implode despite the stories that have been made up (MKD, I'm looking at you) and we're all still very tight knit. We just moved elsewhere. 

• @Swazzle I didn't make anything up .... idk where you got that .... I left before that board stopped posting
  • @Swazzle I didn't make anything up .... idk where you got that .... I left before that board stopped posting
    From... your post history?