Wedding Woes

Lets start this week off!

Did everyone take off today? Traffic was super light getting into work.

I have a busy week coming up, and i hope it goes by fast. Tonight is doc appt and Mission Impossible (even though I haven't seen the others).  this weekend was as low key as it could get but I did get a daily walk in each day, made two awesome homechef meals and started a new book which is all I wanted to accomplish so score one for me.

Yesterday was national lipstick day, so I just had to participate in that.  Lately I've gone lipstick crazy.  I was going to go for the Kat Von D sale, but thought her colors may have been to bold for me.  I ended up with a BOGO at stila.  I got Fia and Sienna and didn't realize until AFTER I saw a picture of them so close together that they are very similar in color.  I also may own something similar to these already.  I definitely have a type.

Re: Lets start this week off!

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2018
    I noticed very little traffic too! Weird!!

I had a great weekend at the lake. Drank WAY too much, did a float trip Saturday and H had fun too. 

Back to normal today! But my coworker/cubicle neighbor who is the most annoying office neighbor I've ever had is out for TWO WEEKS. Two weeks free of loud yawning, groaning, sighing, singing, humming, swearing, nail and foot tapping, Christian rock....it's like my own little vacation!
    Whenever I don't see annoying co-worker's car in the parking lot, I do a little dance as I enter the office too.  It's the best feeling in the world, so I get you.

I love weekend getaways, don't you wish they were longer? I haven't been camping or at a lake in years.  

• Last week before vacation!  Technically, I also work next Monday.  But then vacation.  Because the price for flights was better on Tuesday, lol.

I didn't plan it this way, but I also have to get blood work done on Friday.  So that's a sick day!

Work Mon.-Thurs. this week.  Only Mon. next week.  I'm already anticipating the rest and relaxation!  But that means I need to do mad work this week and finish up all my monthly/weekly reports.

I actually have a lot of NOLA-inspired gifts to buy and bring for everyone.  My main target is an open air market in the French Quarter.  But it's only open until 6PM and there is no parking.  So that needs to be a Fri./weekend activity.  I'm just glad I realized in time.  "Oh.  Yeah.  I need to get that done.  And this coming weekend is my last opportunity, lol."

This weekend was pretty relaxing.  We did try that new NYC-style deli I was talking about.  Pretty good!  We will return.  The Reuben eggrolls were insanely delicious!  Probably my favorite thing we ordered.  I was not aware they had a $15 all-you-can drink Bloody Mary bar on the weekend.  With salami slices as garnish.  Salami should be a garnish for everything, lol.  Next time, we're taking the bus/streetcar route instead of driving so I can take full advantage of the Bloody Mary goodness ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I also noticed very little traffic today - although it might be because I was earlier than usual. 

My H decided to switch us to Playstation Vue streaming TV instead of our normal DirecTV. He said he wanted to "try" it this fall but decided to just do it all this Friday. Gee thanks for giving me an opinion on it. I don't hate it but I don't love it either, especially DVR. We will see. 
  • It's rainy and shitty out. 

It's back to school week!!  The kids start on Thursday.  We meet DefConn's teacher tomorrow.  

Weekend was pretty good.  Friday, we went to our friend's for dinner.  We had a great time.  Saturday, we were uber lazy until the afternoon and then we went to a park to get DefConn and FIL's dog out of the house.  We had dinner and watched Blockers (so freaking funny).  Sunday, we made up for our lazy Saturday by getting a lot done around the house.  

I love FIL's dog, but she definitely reminds us why we don't want to deal with having a full time dog.  I'm cool with dog-sitting when he needs us to. 
  • Traffic was light for me too!  I even found a prime spot in the parking lot!  I work 9-5 but usually arrive around 9:10, because I can!  Traffic is so much lighter when I leave the house around 9, so I arrive to work late, but faster!

It is a 4 day week for me too.  I am off on Friday and we are going to Ocean City MD for the weekend.  I've never been, so that will be nice!  We have an ocean front room, so that is a bonus!  H will be working a half day, so I will have us all packed and ready to go when he comes home with DD. 

Today they are having a Hawaiian singing, dancing, and fire dancing show in town.  So depending on how DD does tonight, we may go over to the Veterans Park for the show.  Last year they had to cancel for rain and never rescheduled, so hoping we can get there tonight!

• Back to the grind this week. I’m still sick with a deep cough and I’m debating if I should get an inhaler or not. As long as the air quality is good I’m okay but I have noticed smog and fog make it hard to breathe. Since we’re going to Yosemite soon I’m debating whether or not to try and get one since all of the fires mean air quality will suck. 

Aurora has been sneezing off and on and now I’m worried about that too. Please no. I don’t want to go to the vet and I don’t want her to be sick. 

Clinic today for my final few hours. Then studying for finals. Oof. 

• Recovering on my end. DH and I took a tour of a local gin distillery and boy oh boy. 

I feel rough this morning. 

• Recovering on my end. DH and I took a tour of a local gin distillery and boy oh boy. 

As in yesterday? :)  It'll all be worth it tomorrow!

As in yesterday? :)  It'll all be worth it tomorrow!
    Yesterday. Sunday Funday started at 2 and ended at 11 pm  :s
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Dang @mrsconn23, I thought we went back early!

Vacation was awesome last week.  Lots of beach and pool and JUNK and BOOZE. My stomach was soooooo upset by the time we got back. We went down Saturday and spent the night at my brother's house.  Um, his second garage was bigger than my first house.  Then we went to his condo- fully stocked with food and towels making it so easy peasy. We also took a ferry to see wild horses and my daughter was IN LOVE.

Back to the grind this week. Lots and lots of end of month and reports to update and new projects to get done.  I agreed to be 6let's soccer team admin.  I don't know what the heck I'm doing, but it's saving $300 so there's that.  Fall schedules are starting to trickle in.  It's going to be crazy busy, but at this point it's all doable. 

I started a new workout program this morning and holy shit I'm already sore.  Speaking of that my sMIL keeps commenting that I look anorexic and I'm too skinny.  She even talked to DH about it.  It's starting to bug me.  I weigh 135 lbs.  I'm not trying to lose more, but I am getting some good muscles and feel GREAT.  I know she's not trying to be mean, but I think I need a better response than "I promise I'm eating. I've just really been enjoying my workouts too."

Also, my MIL gave me the biggest birthday present ever.  Usually she gives DH $50 gift car and me a $25.  This year I got an echo dot and $50.  Weird.

• GBCKGBCK member
    Dropped the kiddo off @ overnight camp (that she REALLY wanted to go to) last night.
    By 'dropped off' I mean, pried her off my arm as she scream-sobbed when I left.
    Which transformed my afternoon from 'my head hurts' to 'whee, migraine'>
    (FTR, it's a factor, but not the only one.  Pulled my stats again, and, yeah, 20/30 days is par for the recent past.  I don't get it [obviously.  because if I could SOLVE it, I would].  still experimenting w/ the hormone levels, and we'll build from there.
    For today, I took my barbiturates and it's down to a dull roar)

The big cat has taken to pouncing the dog whenever dog chases the little cat...this has allowed the little cat to leave the basement, YAY!

he Mr. and his dad are putting in new basement glass-block windows today, which is good.
    I"m avoiding talking to his dad, because I"m still pissy as hell...because the kiddo told me this weekend, as part of a bigger discussion that was very social justice related, that 'muslims want to force everyone to be muslim' and when I was all "woah woah woah, no, that would be patently untrue [I did not go with, at minimum no more true than most of the rest of the major religions of the world; christian missionaries don't exist because christianity has a history of respecting other religions and cultures'.  she went with "well poppa said..." and I probably did not hid my upset as well as normal, but I went with "you can love someone very much and still know they can be very wrong.  As much as I love poppa, there are some things he is wrong-headed on, and this is one of them."
    And we discussed that I have Muslim friends/coworkers, who have not tried to force anything.
    The mr. asked, and, apparently, this was not an 'overheard' shit, this was a 'no, poppa told me' shit.  although she was not forthcoming about the conversation as a whole, so no idea what it stems from.

THe Mr. and I discussed.  He called his folks, and told FIL a short version of it, and he went into 'well, that's what I think and..." which was interrupted by the Mr. saying "we are not discussing the truth or fallacy of the statement.  When you know--or even THINK you have different ideas on thses things than us, please refer the conversation back to us; the parents."
    FIL tried to say today that it was probably somethings he overheard, and the Mr. said, no he asked her specifically, it was told to her.  And please let us, as the parents do that.  and pointed out that MIL and FIL let the racist john-birch shit hsi grandparents did slide 'because they were old and wouldn't change' and we're not going to do that.
    And then it was dropped.

I think that's as good as that gets.
    (That, plus my other branch-trumpvidian kid incident on Friday probably also added to the irritability and migraine.  All around, I should just not be around poeople because they make me want to stab things.  or, realistically, stab them.  but I can probably redirect to things.
    Damn I"m in a mood.)
  • 6fsn said:

This is actually a week later than any other year we've lived in this district.  We're on the 'balanced calendar'.  We get a two week break in the fall and spring.  We used to get out before Memorial Day, but they'll go the week after this school year.  I think they pushed us back a week because there have been some legislators trying to pass a law dictating when the school year can start and people definitely have opinions on school starting before August 1st.   I'm glad they pushed it back, but I don't want to give up the calendar.  The breaks are nice and I don't mind the shorter summers. 
  • We had a good weekend.  We had dinner with a friend on Friday night, then just kind of did stuff on Saturday.  K had an amazing show on Saturday, then we went to an after get together where I went swimming and we came home at 5 am.  Both of us slept a long time on Sunday.  We didn't eat out once all weekend and I'm proud of that.  Made a budget on Sunday morning. 

We ended up getting into an quarrel on Sunday, but I think we worked it out.  K will act and seem perfectly fine, but is holding a storm inside.  I ended up laughing out loud, which is not the appropriate response, but some of the things K thinks is just so absurd to me.  But it's frightening for them.  I forgot about the BPD diagnosis and I need to pay more attention on my end on how I do things.  K does work on their mental health and I know that and can see it, but I don't always do so well on my end (please to be seeing the laughing comment).  

Now they're going out of town until Wednesday for a work trip.  I'm veklempt about it, but then we have a 3 day weekend coming up, going to Diversity Weekend in Eureka Springs.  Very excited about that.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2018
    6fsn said:

Vacation was awesome last week.  Lots of beach and pool and JUNK and BOOZE. My stomach was soooooo upset by the time we got back. We went down Saturday and spent the night at my brother's house.  Um, his second garage was bigger than my first house.  Then we went to his condo- fully stocked with food and towels making it so easy peasy. We also took a ferry to see wild horses and my daughter was IN LOVE.

Back to the grind this week. Lots and lots of end of month and reports to update and new projects to get done.  I agreed to be 6let's soccer team admin.  I don't know what the heck I'm doing, but it's saving $300 so there's that.  Fall schedules are starting to trickle in.  It's going to be crazy busy, but at this point it's all doable. 

I started a new workout program this morning and holy shit I'm already sore.  Speaking of that my sMIL keeps commenting that I look anorexic and I'm too skinny.  She even talked to DH about it.  It's starting to bug me.  I weigh 135 lbs.  I'm not trying to lose more, but I am getting some good muscles and feel GREAT.  I know she's not trying to be mean, but I think I need a better response than "I promise I'm eating. I've just really been enjoying my workouts too."

Also, my MIL gave me the biggest birthday present ever.  Usually she gives DH $50 gift car and me a $25.  This year I got an echo dot and $50.  Weird.

Honestly, these kind of comments (to me anyway), are the same as the "she/he's so overweight!" ones. Can't we just leave people's weight out of things? "She/he is so thin.  Eat a sandwich" is the same as "she/he is so fat, put down the donut". 

edit for: good muscles - get down with your bad self!

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:

This is actually a week later than any other year we've lived in this district.  We're on the 'balanced calendar'.  We get a two week break in the fall and spring.  We used to get out before Memorial Day, but they'll go the week after this school year.  I think they pushed us back a week because there have been some legislators trying to pass a law dictating when the school year can start and people definitely have opinions on school starting before August 1st.   I'm glad they pushed it back, but I don't want to give up the calendar.  The breaks are nice and I don't mind the shorter summers. 
    yea my niece started last week (Perry Township)
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    @CharmedPam- Exactly!  I know she's not trying to be mean, but it's getting old. I don't think it helps that she say me at 10 pounds lost and not again until I lost 30.  She's also got dementia so I'm not sure if she remembers if that makes sense.
  • I'm sorry @6fsn.   My mom on occasion pulls the "I'm concerned you're too thin" line but when I remind her that I've been the same size for years she then settles down.   She just likes to have something to worry about.

We had a decent weekend.   Saturday was the post-wedding reception for D's cousin which was a blast.   He has a lot of cousins and they have a lot of kids (There are over 50 kids in my kids' generation) so there was a lot of playing, swimming and just good talking.   It's a great group of people.

Sunday DH was feeling off so we stayed low, I got some work done and read more of my book.  Hoping the weather holds to have a dinner at the pool tonight!
  • Weekend was good, but I’m exhausted. Friday was dinner & drinks. Saturday was a long run, then drinks & dinner with a ton of H’s friends & wives. I really like them and the new house is much closer so we’ll see everyone more. Sunday was finally sleeping in, picking up paint samples, groceries, meal prepping, and I did a little shopping. It was busy, but we got a ton of stuff done. 

Were supposed to close tomorrow but we still dont hvae details. I’m pretty much on the verge of panicking while H is all “don’t email anyone til closer to the end of the day”. I’m trying not to tell him he’s wrong. 
  • Weekend was good, but I’m exhausted. Friday was dinner & drinks. Saturday was a long run, then drinks & dinner with a ton of H’s friends & wives. I really like them and the new house is much closer so we’ll see everyone more. Sunday was finally sleeping in, picking up paint samples, groceries, meal prepping, and I did a little shopping. It was busy, but we got a ton of stuff done. 

Were supposed to close tomorrow but we still dont hvae details. I’m pretty much on the verge of panicking while H is all “don’t email anyone til closer to the end of the day”. I’m trying not to tell him he’s wrong. 

If it makes you feel better, for two different property purchases, I needed to call the title company THAT DAY to get the exact amount I needed for closing.  One of those times, they had to call me back to get me the info.  It was especially aggravating because, I was going to get the cashier check at lunch, but they got me the info so late that I needed to leave work 20 minutes earlier than I'd planned to stop at the bank on the way to my closing, smh.

For my personal home purchase, they got me the info the day before.  ALSO from my phone call prompting them for it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

If it makes you feel better, for two different property purchases, I needed to call the title company THAT DAY to get the exact amount I needed for closing.  One of those times, they had to call me back to get me the info.  It was especially aggravating because, I was going to get the cashier check at lunch, but they got me the info so late that I needed to leave work 20 minutes earlier than I'd planned to stop at the bank on the way to my closing, smh.

For my personal home purchase, they got me the info the day before.  ALSO from my phone call prompting them for it.

We didn't know the final amount until we arrived at the freaking closing. We were driving to the bank to get the cashier's check that morning and on the phone with them, basically begging for a number. They finally told us to get the check for the highest possible amount and the closing company cut us a refund check at the end of the closing.

I'm certain buying a house took like a year off my life. Now I'm realizing that selling probably won't be much better and I am not looking forward to that!

Good luck, Charlotte! What a PITA!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Working and job hunting this week. Got an interview scheduled for tomorrow canceled. Also waiting to hear back from companies that said they would decide in August. It's been and still is a long, slow wait.

We didn't know the final amount until we arrived at the freaking closing. We were driving to the bank to get the cashier's check that morning and on the phone with them, basically begging for a number. They finally told us to get the check for the highest possible amount and the closing company cut us a refund check at the end of the closing.

I'm certain buying a house took like a year off my life. Now I'm realizing that selling probably won't be much better and I am not looking forward to that!

I am so glad that my realtor (my mom) was able to get our closings done back to back when we sold and then bought our house.  Because the closing company just cut us one check at the end.  It's bonkers that they cannot tell you what you need to bring to the table.  

And yes, the selling and buying process was a 4 months long process that was way more stressful than it needed to be.  I was so stressed that I woke up sick the morning after our closing was done. 

There are chicks in my mom group who have bought and sold multiple houses in the last 6-7 years and are always talking about real estate.  They're insane. I  cannot imagine packing up an entire house every few years.  

Now that you say that, I've twice gotten a refund check mailed to me from the closing company, lol.  I think one time they had overestimated one of the line items.  And the second time they had made a mistake on their numbers.

My personal home, which was my first property purchase, had an "exciting" closing aftermath.  I'm driving home from it.  Probably about 30 minutes from when I left until I got to my house (not quite the new one yet, lol).  I look at my phone when I get out of my car and it had been BLOWN UP.  With calls and messages from my realtor, the seller's realtor, the closing company.

It was a foreclosure, so the "seller" was a bank.  But they had a local real estate agent handling the listing.  That person had not bothered going to the closing.  Just like they had not bothered with many things.  I guess, when that person got copies of the closing documents and a copy of my cashier's check, they tell the title company they don't have my earnest money check.  So I'm getting all these messages, "Where is the earnest money check?!?"  Though my agent was on the ball and she let them know, before I got the messages, that I'd dropped it off on X date at the realtor office and (attached copy of it).

My thought bubble, "Well, I don't know a$$(bleep), where did YOU put my earnest money check?" (biggest eyeroll ever).

The selling agent looked back in the files and found my earnest money check accidentally filed in someone else's folder that was next to mine, lmao.

I had already been super annoyed about the earnest money check to begin with.  They didn't say they needed a cashier's check for it.  So I had dropped off a personal check after they signed my PA.  Only to have them call my agent the next day, "Oh no, it needs to be a cashier's check."  So I had to go BACK and drop another check off.  The funny piece of that is, they would have been seriously SOL if they hadn't found it.  It's a federal regulation that bank cashier's checks can't be cancelled and replaced for at least 6 months.  My own personal check?  Absolutely.  Call for a stop payment and issue a new one.  But not a cashier's check.  I was almost hoping they wouldn't find it, just to rub that little piece of info in their faces, "Sorry, you lost it.  Now you have to wait 6 months until I can replace it."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ...and we’re not closing tomorrow. 

Someone forgot to tell the lender i changed jobs. A month ago. FML. 

UGHHHHHHHHHH WTF?!?!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

UGHHHHHHHHHH WTF?!?!
    I’m trying really hard not to be super pissed at H who said he had everything covered & we didn’t need to tell them. 
  • oh no!!! @charlotte989875, that sucks.  What's the earliest now?

• oh no!!! @charlotte989875, that sucks.  What's the earliest now?
    ??? They said it’s still possible sometime this week, but they don’t know. And since we don’t work directly with the lender (we have a broker) we don’t know what they’re saying. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Ah man Charlotte that suuuuucks. 

My my next move will be if we win the lottery or go into a nursing home.