Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday

What's shak'n?  Where is everyone?

The sugar free chocolate talk we had the other day (has it been last week already) had me enroll to Russell Stover since walmart doesn't carry the sf sampler anymore.  Booo more money spent than I should have to pay, yay chocolate coming to momma.

So glad it's almost the weekend. I officially booked off the next three Friday's.  One for some errands/running around, one for  along weekend with my parents for their 45th wedding anni and one for a wedding OOT.  Love the long weekends coming up.

Re: Thursday

• Options
    Ugh. How is this week not over yet?
  • Options
    Yay for long weekends!!

Today should have been our anniversary. Obviously I'm happy we had the wedding we did but I still get a little sad every year for the wedding we didn't get to have. 

H is going to his mom's to fish next weekend with his best friend. He just told me they're leaving Thursday night and coming home Monday. I love the guy to pieces but that's SO MUCH Netflix binging and I am so looking forward to it. 
    From what I've read from your posts, the wedding you had sounded so lovely and perfect! I wasn't on TK at the time, but what was the reason (if you don't mind sharing) for the date switch?

Netflix binging = Orange is the new black for me.  We actually so S6 ep 1 last night and I was so meh about it.  In fact, I noticed my sister sent me a text with some pics of the girls, so I picked up my phone since I was SO bored with OITNB, and I missed the last sentence of what was said.  I looked up and said "oh? what happe - nevermind.  I don't even care that much.  I'll piece it together on my own".  Writers BEST be holding out for some good stuff to come!

• Options

For some reason, I woke up at 3:30AM last night and couldn't go back to sleep.  I at least rested in bed for two hours and then finally got up at 5:30AM.  And now I am DRAGGING.  Ugh, I am so tired.  When can I retire, lol?

I have tomorrow off because I'm getting bloodwork done for my doctor's appt. in two weeks.  Nothing concerning.  My usual.  So it's "sort of" a 3-day weekend, lol.

I just got my paycheck and it was slightly higher than the norm.  I was thinking, "Huh.  Why?"  Oh yeah!  I worked one hour of overtime.  That makes a grand total of two hours of OT I've worked in the 5 years I've been with this company, lol.  Obviously, they are not big on peeps working OT.  But, overall, I see that as a good thing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2018

For some reason, I woke up at 3:30AM last night and couldn't go back to sleep.  I at least rested in bed for two hours and then finally got up at 5:30AM.  And now I am DRAGGING.  Ugh, I am so tired.  When can I retire, lol?

I have tomorrow off because I'm getting bloodwork done for my doctor's appt. in two weeks.  Nothing concerning.  My usual.  So it's "sort of" a 3-day weekend, lol.

I just got my paycheck and it was slightly higher than the norm.  I was thinking, "Huh.  Why?"  Oh yeah!  I worked one hour of overtime.  That makes a grand total of two hours of OT I've worked in the 5 years I've been with this company, lol.  Obviously, they are not big on peeps working OT.  But, overall, I see that as a good thing.

I long for over time. I'd have to work around 5 extra hours to actually see something of substance on my check.  When I was hired I was told I'd get a lot of OT but then a new procedure came into play where we weren't going to price everything that came our way PLUS our job got a hella lot easier with a new system in place.  Less manual work.  All automated = virtually no O.T. now.

edit:  This brings me to an observation. One of my co-workers works really really slooooooow. Like, I've watched her work and I have no idea how she can go so slow!  She logs over time a lot.  I'm sure she is working after hours but EVERYTHING is automated now and me and the other girl in our department can get our work done in 8 hours.  She has a big account and I'm positive she hides behind it so her O.T. is approved.  I just think the work she does CAN be done in 8/day or be saved for the next day.

• Options
    Yay for long weekends!!

Today should have been our anniversary. Obviously I'm happy we had the wedding we did but I still get a little sad every year for the wedding we didn't get to have. 

H is going to his mom's to fish next weekend with his best friend. He just told me they're leaving Thursday night and coming home Monday. I love the guy to pieces but that's SO MUCH Netflix binging and I am so looking forward to it. 
    From what I've read from your posts, the wedding you had sounded so lovely and perfect! I wasn't on TK at the time, but what was the reason (if you don't mind sharing) for the date switch?

Netflix binging = Orange is the new black for me.  We actually so S6 ep 1 last night and I was so meh about it.  In fact, I noticed my sister sent me a text with some pics of the girls, so I picked up my phone since I was SO bored with OITNB, and I missed the last sentence of what was said.  I looked up and said "oh? what happe - nevermind.  I don't even care that much.  I'll piece it together on my own".  Writers BEST be holding out for some good stuff to come!
    Oh not at all! We'd planned a destination wedding and about 5 weeks before, my mom was diagnosed with cancer - bad. Like, the oncologist said "without chemo, your life will be measured in weeks as opposed to months". Chemo was just going to prolong her suffering so she chose hospice immediately. 

We cancelled the DW and managed to slap together a really nice little wedding here in Chicago (at the Signature Room! Who would have thought they'd have availability for less than two weeks out?!). My mom was there all day and looked and felt great. 

She was still alive on the date of our original wedding, but she was starting to tire easily and starting to decline so traveling would have been really hard on her. Plus we weren't willing to risk her not being able to travel because then what would we have done? The entire family flies out and leaves her at home, us all hoping she doesn't die before we get back? No freaking way. 

I'm planning on OITNB too. I have yet to hear a good thing about it but I feel committed to it. Like the last couple seasons of Sons of Anarchy. They were terrible but I was so invested I couldn't not watch. I also still want to watch 13 Reasons Why. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I'm really struggling today at work. I like my job, but not the people in the department. They are all polyamorous and all date the same people. There are only 3 of us in an 8 person department that are monogamous and it's a really frustrating work environment because they talk about the people they are banging all the time.

It's a family owned business and everyone is friends with everyone so it's hard to bring it up without being found out. The one girl is a sex educator and talks about her client's gender and sexuality issues all the time and I just want to not hear about it...AHHHHH

Rant over. 
  • Options
    Oh not at all! We'd planned a destination wedding and about 5 weeks before, my mom was diagnosed with cancer - bad. Like, the oncologist said "without chemo, your life will be measured in weeks as opposed to months". Chemo was just going to prolong her suffering so she chose hospice immediately. 

We cancelled the DW and managed to slap together a really nice little wedding here in Chicago (at the Signature Room! Who would have thought they'd have availability for less than two weeks out?!). My mom was there all day and looked and felt great. 

She was still alive on the date of our original wedding, but she was starting to tire easily and starting to decline so traveling would have been really hard on her. Plus we weren't willing to risk her not being able to travel because then what would we have done? The entire family flies out and leaves her at home, us all hoping she doesn't die before we get back? No freaking way. 

I'm planning on OITNB too. I have yet to hear a good thing about it but I feel committed to it. Like the last couple seasons of Sons of Anarchy. They were terrible but I was so invested I couldn't not watch. I also still want to watch 13 Reasons Why. 
    oh, that is so sweet. I would have definitely done the same.  Now you have happy memories of everyone together  <3  Did you eventually get to the place where the wedding would have been? Or are you planning to?

13 Reasons Why was good! I tried S2 but couldn't get past the first ep.  It lost all it's originality and should have remained a 'mini series'.  Unless someone who saw both seasons can tell me I'm wrong?

• Options

Today is my Friday, but I will have a lot to do tomorrow morning to get us ready to leave.  Plus I have my annual lady doctor appointment.

I was trying to do dishes this morning and I went to use the garbage disposal and it wouldn't turn on.  I've been having some problems with it lately, where it will just shut off on its own or not turn on at all.  Oh and not to mention the small spark I see when I do turn it on!  Well today it never really worked at all.  I also have some spaghetti strands down there!  So H is getting a new switch at lunch today, so he can install it tonight.

Tonight I'm taking DD to make some returns and go to BJs for some bulked priced milk.

Last night I got all my cleaning done, which made me very happy!  One less thing to do on Friday!

• Options
    I'm really struggling today at work. I like my job, but not the people in the department. They are all polyamorous and all date the same people. There are only 3 of us in an 8 person department that are monogamous and it's a really frustrating work environment because they talk about the people they are banging all the time.

It's a family owned business and everyone is friends with everyone so it's hard to bring it up without being found out. The one girl is a sex educator and talks about her client's gender and sexuality issues all the time and I just want to not hear about it...AHHHHH

Rant over. 
    yikes. Unprofessional AND uncomfortable.  Family business or not, it's not something that should be talked about at work.

• Options
    oh, that is so sweet. I would have definitely done the same.  Now you have happy memories of everyone together  <3  Did you eventually get to the place where the wedding would have been? Or are you planning to?

13 Reasons Why was good! I tried S2 but couldn't get past the first ep.  It lost all it's originality and should have remained a 'mini series'.  Unless someone who saw both seasons can tell me I'm wrong?
    Yes, the DW was in Montana where we're hoping to move and we'd been there twice. Can't WAIT to go back!

My office REEKS of pot. I don't know why or how and I'm not saying nothing because then everyone will think know I'm a pothead. LOL
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

Yes, the DW was in Montana where we're hoping to move and we'd been there twice. Can't WAIT to go back!

My office REEKS of pot. I don't know why or how and I'm not saying nothing because then everyone will think know I'm a pothead. LOL
    I would rather smell that than the scent of DD's room which is Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers.   My aunt bought that perfume and forgot that I haven't worn it since early HS which was over 20 years ago.   DD started spraying it and that shit is EVERYWHERE.   I just went upstairs to do laundry as a mid-day "work break" and she hasn't been in that room since 8 AM but it STILL REEKS.

I'd take something with a possible medicinal value over that ANY DAY.

Weather looks GORGEOUS and we're hoping to go eat by the water.  

I would really like another month of summer.
  • Options
    I hated 13 reasons why. I found every one of the characters irritating.

DH’s flight was delayed 5 hours so we were able to spend the morning together. It was nice but I was cranky so it could have been better. I got called into work for one class but I don’t mind. I am taking care of my friend’s cat this week so hopefully that helps the time go by faster. 
  • Options
    We've been slowly watching OITNB.  There are some things I'm enjoying and some things I'm not.  It's starting to feel incredibly voyeuristic and the violence is becoming somewhat overwhelming.  Violence was used so subtly the first seasons and was very believable.  Now it feels like it's turning into what we imagine prison must be.  IDK, something feels off this season.

Today is also my Friday.  And I just scheduled a hair cut b/c this mop is ugly.  10 am tomorrow, then off to Diversity Weekend.  I'm so looking forward to it.  It's just me and K and I'm excited about that too.  I can't really remember the last time a trip wasn't partly business with something to do.  The plan right now is, "Get to Eureka Springs, then this bar to grab a schedule."  
  • Options
    Morning ish everyone!

I have no motivation today and I'm annoyingly happy.  I worked a 10 hour daytime event yesterday, and while it was easy - I was exhausted after.  I went to bed at 9:45 PM!

This weekend is the 3 Day and I'm super sad I'm not participating this year.  My best friend and I are taking her mom to Ann Arbor and we got a hotel room for the night so that will be fun, but still, I never knew I'd miss calf cramps and foot blisters so much!
  • Options
    I'm in the midst of daycare drama - daycare closes for good tomorrow and I had one picked out in my head from previous rumblings of closure. Put a deposit down asap bc they only had one spot and days later found out lots of teachers and kids from his current one are all going to this brand new place. I thought it was way too $$$ so never looked into it but I guess they're doing some price matching for displaced students. His current teacher was practically begging me to check into it since she's heard I can get the lower price but obviously I need to hear that from the daycare itself (and understand how long it lasts etc). Had a not amazing visit to the one I have a deposit down on Tuesday so that plus this new info of possible price match has my head spinning. But, ya know, i need coverage on Monday and today is Thursday. Ugh. 
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    We've been slowly watching OITNB.  There are some things I'm enjoying and some things I'm not.  It's starting to feel incredibly voyeuristic and the violence is becoming somewhat overwhelming.  Violence was used so subtly the first seasons and was very believable.  Now it feels like it's turning into what we imagine prison must be.  IDK, something feels off this season.

that's how I've started to feel too and I haven't even started the latest season. 
  • Options
    I’m exhausted. No real reason, just tired. We’re still waiting for news on the house and it’s frustrating. It’s so hard to make plans for the weekend without know if we’ll actually own a house by then. 

Other than that not too much. I’m boring these days. 
  • Options
    I made it through my final. One more to go. And I said goodbye to my hated class. We did group presentations yesterday and I pissed off a classmate I loathe with my presentation about LGBTQ health. Sorry not sorry that I’m going to repeatedly mention that if you use “religion” to deny someone access to care you’re a colossal asshole. If you’re inclined to disagree then you need to get the fuck out of health care. 

Other that SSDD. Studying and cleaning a very messy house. Yesterday my friend brought her 4 year old over and the cats did not know wtf to do. I think I scarred them for life. Lol. This was their first experience with a child and it took them hours after he left to come out from under the bed. 

• Options
    kvruns said:
    VarunaTT said:

that's how I've started to feel too and I haven't even started the latest season. 
    I've been thinking the same thing since at least 2 seasons ago, but so much of it was watching Dayana's and Ruiz's stories, which I thought were really important b/c of what they bring out about intergenerational trauma, private prisons, school-to-prison pipelines, and some other things.  It's starting to feel over the top though, more like a race to depravity than examinations/ statements/education about the issues.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    1 soccer and religion schedules are in 2 more to go. So far it’s not the shit show I was expecting. I was worried we’d have a bunch of games when I’m out of town. Max should be done, m2 has a different game day that week so only 6let is left. Dh can handle that easy peasy. 

I’m finally caught up from vacation so doing a little kitchen experimenting. Today I’m working on breakfast burritos. I hate reheated eggs so I’m cooking off everything but the eggs and putting in a mason jar. In my mind I should be able to add the egg, shake, microwave for 1 min and dump into a tortilla with some salsa. 
  • Options
    I'm here.  I got home a little bit ago from volunteering.  I'm enjoying some quiet time watching TV before the kids get home from their first day of school.  

DefConn didn't want to get out of bed and the kiddo was up early with the jitters (I think it hit him that this is his last year of school and the real world is coming for him).  A little role reversal for my kids, since the kiddo is usually the one to be dragged out of bed and DefConn's bright eyed and bushy tailed.  ;)<3 
  • Options
    Can I get some feedback about chiropractors? My lower back pain has been getting increasingly worse and I am seriously considering getting an alignment. I've been doing research and there is so much negative information out there...anyone with first-hand experience?? 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I used a chiropractor for a long time for back issues and through my first pregnancy. I got a lot of relief. 
  • Options
    Can I get some feedback about chiropractors? My lower back pain has been getting increasingly worse and I am seriously considering getting an alignment. I've been doing research and there is so much negative information out there...anyone with first-hand experience?? 

I'm not sure if this would fall under good news or bad news.  My mom was in a car accident decades ago.  It had done something to her spine and she started suffering from migraines.

She saw a chiropractor for many, many years and just swore by it.  She might still go to one, I'm not sure.  In a nutshell, seeing a chiropractor really helped to cut down on the migraines and I know she also felt a lot better, in general, after her sessions.  But it never cured the problem all together.

I was in a rear end collision when I was in college.  A few days later, I realized my neck and tops of my shoulders were still feeling really sore.  My mom suggested I see her chiropractor, so I did.  I think I had 1 session a week for 6-8 weeks.  Something like that.  I did start feeling better after the first week or two.  But, was that just from natural healing or was it helped by the chiropractor?  (Shrug), I don't know. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just from what I've seen in medical records over the years: I think seeing a chiropractor for bone and joint pain, generally, is fine.  It's when people start getting into the woo about how it cures colds and cancer, that I get pissed off.  I also think that a chiropractor shouldn't be treating someone for years.  If it's longer than a few months, I think they're taking advantage of you and you need to see an actual doctor to see what is going on.
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2018
    yeah. me :)
    I went first for my shoulder pain and then told her you know what? I've had lower back pain for years too.  Just learned to live with it.

Shoulder pain is gone (it may not have been anything she did...may have just gone on it's own?) and my back, after going since May is just starting to get better.  When I first went, and was still in pain I kept asking myself why am I going? I think it's getting worse.  Well, maybe it needs to get worse before it gets better because I'm finally seeing results from it.  She runs a vibration therapy machine along the back, she cracks it, she massages the shoulder area, cracks my neck and does some sort of alignment thing on my side. 

My first session KILLED me.  I was in pain 3 days after.

edit for words.

• Options
    I go to a chiropractor about once a month. My pelvis constantly gets out of rotation which puts pressure on my back. If I do my exercises faithfully and don't do stupid stuff like gardening in the wrong position, I'm ok. However, that isn't the way I live. Going once a week keeps my pelvis even. I use to go to a physical therapist who told me the same thing but I found it easier to get in to see a chiropractor. My chiro doesn't "cure" any diseases.
  • Options
    I just have to complain for a second.

shopping here sucks. I have to go to each individual store to look at the price and selection, most place don’t have an accurate list of items online and inventory varies between locations. It is so frustrating/ daunting. Shopping online is a joke. Second hand is my preferred option but then I am at the mercy of FB sellers and such. 

I posted searching for a thing. A lady immediately messaged me with the item. I asked a few questions, including the cost. She responded quoting Z, I asked if she could do X, she said best she could do was Y. I said great, when can I come collect? Silence. Eventually, I send another message giving her my number and schedule letting her know I was stepping away from my computer so text would be the fastest way to ahold of me. Silence. The next day I send a message asking if I could collect the item this weekend. Silence. I know she read the messages because notifications are on. I am irrationally irritated by all this and unsure if I should reach out again apologizing for trying to haggle?? I really want the thing she is selling. Why is it so hard to give people money???