Wedding Woes

Monday Morning Blues

Overall, I had a nice weekend!  We got a lot of errands done on Sat.  On Sun., we went to a famous, 4-star restaurant we'd been wanting to try for years (Commander's Palace).  They had special prix-fixe options for restaurant month.  That doesn't mean we still didn't spend a pretty penny, lol.  Sadly, it was good, but it wasn't great.  Especially for the price paid.  We won't be back.  BUT, we still really enjoyed our fancy brunch outing.  My H even wore pants and closed toed shoes.  You know it's a special event when..., lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Monday Morning Blues

• Where is everyone? Hope we all had a good weekend? I caught up on the Friday thread, but nothing before that.  fyi, I know of so many salons that offer wine!

My weekend was fabulous.  We were in Golconda and Shawnee National Park.  I loved loved loved the b&b we stayed at.  Both H and I want to go back.  Saturday and Sunday we celebrated my parents 45th wedding anniversary with my bro, SIL and their kids.  I am a biased aunty but man are my nephews cute! :)  Also, I got asked to be my nephew's godmother.  I'm not religious, and asked if it was OK if I didn't practice their (hers really) faith, and it is.

I realize I have to work my core a lot more. Everyone's noticing weight loss but it's all "I see it in your face".  That's good and all, but I need to lose this tire. Everyone I know who goes to orange theory loves the water rower. I don't want to join a gym or Orange Theory, I usually buy equipment for home.  I'm thinking of getting a water rower for home.  Does anyone own one? What' your take?  The reviews for the exercise look GOOD! Everyone who does this at home loves it.

• SIL and the babies came to stay at our house Saturday.  We had fun, well as much fun as you can have with a 7.5 year old, 2.5 year old, and 4 mo old.  ;)

DefConn did have a low-grade fever overnight on Saturday.  He had some cold symptoms starting Friday afternoon and they're still lingering today.  The fever was a one time thing, thankfully. 

I'm off tomorrow and Wednesday.  I can't wait.  I have stuff to do, but it's been awhile since I've had time off to myself. 

Other than that, SSDD.  
  • We went to a wedding Sat. night and didn't get home until 1:30am. I am still tired. Work is dragging and I have an appt with my trainer at 5:15. Kill me. 
  • I just found out about craziness with my Amex card.  I made a $185 payment on Friday.  I was having trouble with the auto-phone system and ended up making the payment with a CSR.  There was a typo.  He accidentally added a "zero".  Put my payment through for $1,850!  And it promptly bounced with a $34 returned check fee, smh.  That was actually how I found out about it.  I was looking online at my bank account.

I called Amex.  They were very apologetic and assure me under no uncertain terms that they will fix everything on their end, including reimbursing me for my returned item fee.  However, they haven't had the payment returned on their end yet.  So, I need to wait a few more days before I call back.

As an aside, $1850 is actually WAY more than my total balance is anyway.  As such, the CSR seemed to have no issue believing me, without having to go and check anything.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Since the tournament was cancelled we bought a mattress on Saturday and went out to dinner. 

Sunday was church then max’s first soccer game.  I also cleaned out my closet and drawers.  Really lazy weekend. I even took a nap!

today I’m returning a bunch of back to school stuff that didn’t fit. By back to school stuff I mean stuff for me. I can’t fit the life of me figure out gap sizing. A 28 is too big, 27 too small, 6 was a bag. Then a clearance 28 was a perfect size. I think I’m too old for that. 

Now i’m in a never
  • edited August 2018
    I'm dragging today. Partly because I drank too much yesterday and partly because even though I didn't have a busy weekend, I feel like I didn't accomplish anything.

We have friends staying at our house this weekend so we gotta clean. 

And thanks for the smell suggestions from Friday! Yesterday we pumped up the air mattress, put it out on the deck, sprayed it with vinegar and let it sit all afternoon. 

Pam, when we were in Golconda a couple months ago (we kept calling it glaucoma) we were SO SURPRISED at how nice it was down there! Definitely didn't feel like Illinois! Glad you had a good time!

ETA - Why do people forget how to be decent as soon as they arrive at work? An agent moved offices and had to clean out a bunch of crap left there by the previous guy. We have one large garbage can out in the break area that's for food and our cleaning service is only twice a week so it won't be emptied until Wednesday. Dude filled that thing up completely full (the lid doesn't even go down) with books. And put a pile of books next to it. So now we have nowhere to throw away our food and I can't even take the garbage out because it weighs like 1,000 pounds! WTF? Why wouldn't you empty the garbage if you fill it up like that? 

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2018
    I'm dragging today. Partly because I drank too much yesterday and partly because even though I didn't have a busy weekend, I feel like I didn't accomplish anything.

We have friends staying at our house this weekend so we gotta clean. 

And thanks for the smell suggestions from Friday! Yesterday we pumped up the air mattress, put it out on the deck, sprayed it with vinegar and let it sit all afternoon. 

Pam, when we were in Golconda a couple months ago (we kept calling it glaucoma) we were SO SURPRISED at how nice it was down there! Definitely didn't feel like Illinois! Glad you had a good time!

ETA - Why do people forget how to be decent as soon as they arrive at work? An agent moved offices and had to clean out a bunch of crap left there by the previous guy. We have one large garbage can out in the break area that's for food and our cleaning service is only twice a week so it won't be emptied until Wednesday. Dude filled that thing up completely full (the lid doesn't even go down) with books. And put a pile of books next to it. So now we have nowhere to throw away our food and I can't even take the garbage out because it weighs like 1,000 pounds! WTF? Why wouldn't you empty the garbage if you fill it up like that? 

Did you stop off at the Chocolate Factory just on the outskirts?  I got a box of sugar free ones, but I sampled two real bites.  H bought a few bags of stuff too.  It's his new favorite chocolate. 

edit: my mom JUST emailed me this too (we bought them a box for their anniversary despite them not being sweet eaters): "They made the trip just fine, are absolutely the best chocolate I ever had!" - so folks, if you find yourself in Shawnee National Forest stop by Dixon Springs (or maybe they consider themselves Golconda?) Chocolate Factory and stock up! You're welcome. 

• We did not but it sounds like that was a mistake!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @short+sassy I went to Commander's Palace right after I graduated college in 2005 (shortly before Katrina, in fact). I had never had such amazing food. I remember thinking I could have died happy if that was my last meal. 

Looking back, I've probably had just as great, if not better meals in the 13 years since then, but as a newly minted poor college grad working an entry-level job, that fancy meal really stands out. Like, my introduction to fine dining. 

I'm sorry it wasn't great for you though! I do have fond memories. We were just amazed how slow the service was, but figured we're Yankees and it's The South, so, whatever, haha. 

• @short+sassy I went to Commander's Palace right after I graduated college in 2005 (shortly before Katrina, in fact). I had never had such amazing food. I remember thinking I could have died happy if that was my last meal. 

Looking back, I've probably had just as great, if not better meals in the 13 years since then, but as a newly minted poor college grad working an entry-level job, that fancy meal really stands out. Like, my introduction to fine dining. 

I'm sorry it wasn't great for you though! I do have fond memories. We were just amazed how slow the service was, but figured we're Yankees and it's The South, so, whatever, haha. 

I'm glad you had such a positive experience there!  It is quintessential fine dining.  The ambience and service was perfection.  The food was high quality, but I just more didn't care for what I ordered.  My H and I both loved the first courses.  But thought our entrees and dessert courses were very good, but not great.  And there are just so many places here where you can get great, lol.   

My H and I both agree that one of the best meals we have ever had was right there in your own Chicago :).  It's a Brazilian steakhouse.  I think it's called ZED-451.  Something like that.  We went there for brunch when we were visiting last year.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm here today.  Weekend was good but too quick, per usual.  We got lots done around the house though.  There was one project that should have been easy, but due to a back plaster patch job by the previous owner, it will take longer to fix now.  Oh well!

I had an appointment with a chiropractor at my lunch today.  I've had a recurring pain in my lower right back since DD was born.  The last few weeks even yoga hasn't helped it.  So I knew it was time to get fixed.  Dr seems to already know what the problem is and I'm hoping the fixes work.  She indicated that my pelvis is out of alignment and its pulling on some flexor tissue, which is where my pain is centering.  I go back again on Monday, not sure how many appointments I have to go to yet, but today's copay covered 30 visits!  Woohoo!

I started a batch of tomato sauce yesterday, so all week I will be working to get it done and canned on either Thursday night or Friday afternoon.  We go down the shore for the weekend on Friday and I want it all canned and done by then!  I went on Saturday to get the tomatoes from the farmer's market, $12 for a half bushel, it should make almost 15 quarts of sauce.  I also got some other fresh produce.  One of the reasons I love Jersey!  They don't call us the Garden State for nothing!  LOL!

• My weekend wasn't pretty, but I accomplished a lot.  I'm on the last Pride thank you note, finally.  They're not w/in 30 days, but I had a lot to write, they were long, and it's just me.  So, late thank you note, for a festival almost no one every writes thank you notes for, is better than none.

We bought furniture. 

Hopefully we like it.

I'm glad you had such a positive experience there!  It is quintessential fine dining.  The ambience and service was perfection.  The food was high quality, but I just more didn't care for what I ordered.  My H and I both loved the first courses.  But thought our entrees and dessert courses were very good, but not great.  And there are just so many places here where you can get great, lol.   

My H and I both agree that one of the best meals we have ever had was right there in your own Chicago :).  It's a Brazilian steakhouse.  I think it's called ZED-451.  Something like that.  We went there for brunch when we were visiting last year.

Haha that’s where I had my wedding -Zed451. Their salad / charcuterie “harvest” table is to die for. Mmmmmmmm
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • LondonLisaLondonLisa member
    edited August 2018
    I tried to post sat-sun, and TK kept saying "comment posted after approval". I was only let back to post today- anyone else get that? I know its buggy AF, I just wonder if its starting to die out...
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I tried to post sat-sun, and TK kept saying "comment posted after approval". I was only let back to post today- anyone else get that? I know its buggy AF, I just wonder if its starting to die out...

I was getting that this morning when I tried to post from my phone.  It also seems to happen if I'm adding external links.

Haha that’s where I had my wedding -Zed451. Their salad / charcuterie “harvest” table is to die for. Mmmmmmmm

That's awesome!  It's such a nice location and the food was amazing.  I can only imagine how great a reception would be there.  Now I want a re-do, lol.

I'm definitely a meat-eater but, their "harvest" table had such a variety of choices, I could have had a great meal from just that.

The service was exceptional, also.  Oddly enough, I found the restaurant because I'd done a Google search for "linguica sausage in Chicago".  It's a type of sausage from Portugal that I ate in my childhood, when relatives brought it over from Hawaii.  In the hopes I could find it there, since I can't find it where I live.  And Zed451 serves it for brunch.

At any rate, toward the beginning of our meal, I told our server my story and that their menu looked amazing...but it was the linguica sausage that brought me in!  More than halfway through our experience...many meats had gone by...but I still hadn't seen the linguica sausage.  Our server went back to the kitchen to check when it was coming out...

It wasn't!  They hadn't been planning to serve it that particular day.  But my server made sure they did :).  Because he was awesome and went way above and beyond the call, to make sure my visit was everything I wanted it to be.

As an aside, I have since found a linguica sausage on Amazon that I like.  It comes refrigerated and everything, so it's not cheap!  But I buy a lot of it at a time to make the shipping cost worthwhile.  My childhood brand went out of business years ago (sniff!), but this one comes "sort of" close.  At least as close as I've been able to find.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn said:

I was getting that this morning when I tried to post from my phone.  It also seems to happen if I'm adding external links.
    If this post goes through, it will be the first since August 15!!  It did not matter which device I used, which search engine, or whether I quoted or started fresh!

I've PM'd @KnotHolly, which was a complete waste of time. I've posted on The Knot Facebook page.  Nada!

I have been in "waiting for approval" purgatory for DAYS!
  • MobKaz said:
    6fsn said:

If this post goes through, it will be the first since August 15!!  It did not matter which device I used, which search engine, or whether I quoted or started fresh!

I've PM'd @KnotHolly, which was a complete waste of time. I've posted on The Knot Facebook page.  Nada!

I'm happy to inform you, @mobkaz, that it went through! 

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited August 2018
    MobKaz said:
    6fsn said:

I'm in @kimmiinthemitten's fantasy football league.  She sent a notice to us, through that, that she hasn't been able to log into TK at all for over a week.

I wish I had answers, but there hasn't been anyone manning the TK ship for a long time.

We had problems last Fall where nobody could sign in for about a week.  I opened a new forum elsewhere (not FB).  So we would all have somewhere else to go, jic.  But then things started working okay here again.  I'll go look that info back up and post it here again.  I hate to leave because, of course, there are other forums on this website that occasionally have interesting posts.  But, if regs are having trouble signing in and/or posting, maybe it's time to go.  I'll leave that question up to discussion.

Edited to add:  Now that I am thinking about it, there seem to be fewer people posting over the last few days.  Of course, sometimes that just happens.  But maybe there are a lot more people having login/posting issues.

I used to belong to TK's sister site, The Nest.  We had a great, regular group in the "Money Matters" forum.  Then they started having horrible login problems a couple years ago.  We all decided to abandon TN and opened a closed group on FB, instead.  But there was a big drop in activity.  FB is okay for forum-type discussions, but it's not really meant for that.  We're still active and around, but people post 2-3x/month instead of 2-3x/week.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maybe we should start a life raft forum site if we all get locked out- I couldn’t post for 3 days but I could read other posts. I could like posts but not post alone. Short+sassy please do post the link if you think it’s appropriate...

I would not be surprised if we all got locked out one day when they shut it down. I would hate to lose touch with you guys
  • Maybe we should start a life raft forum site if we all get locked out- I couldn’t post for 3 days but I could read other posts. I could like posts but not post alone. Short+sassy please do post the link if you think it’s appropriate...

I would not be surprised if we all got locked out one day when they shut it down. I would hate to lose touch with you guys

http://weddingwoes.freeforums.net/thread/2/welcome-members-knot

Here is the link to the forum I started last year.  For emergency purposes, lol.  It hasn't been active because, back then, TK started working again.

I'm going to start another post with that link and try to get some feelers if we want to migrate the Wedding Woes group over there.

Either way, I'll start checking that site for castaways and let you all know who is adrift.  @LondonLisa, thanks for your "life raft" phrase.  I ran with it, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn said:

I was getting that for several days that completely prevented me from posting. I emailed The Knot about it.
  • I tried to post sat-sun, and TK kept saying "comment posted after approval". I was only let back to post today- anyone else get that? I know its buggy AF, I just wonder if its starting to die out...
    Same. It’s frustrating. I’m not even going to post about my weekend because typing out a whole post only to have it disappear is so annoying. Fingers crossed this one goes through. 

• I was getting that all last week @LondonLisa. None of my comments ever posted.
  • I have been trying to post responses for days and TK keeps telling me they need to be approved but never approves them. UGH!
  • MobKaz said:
    6fsn said:

I'm in @kimmiinthemitten's fantasy football league.  She sent a notice to us, through that, that she hasn't been able to log into TK at all for over a week.

I wish I had answers, but there hasn't been anyone manning the TK ship for a long time.

We had problems last Fall where nobody could sign in for about a week.  I opened a new forum elsewhere (not FB).  So we would all have somewhere else to go, jic.  But then things started working okay here again.  I'll go look that info back up and post it here again.  I hate to leave because, of course, there are other forums on this website that occasionally have interesting posts.  But, if regs are having trouble signing in and/or posting, maybe it's time to go.  I'll leave that question up to discussion.

Edited to add:  Now that I am thinking about it, there seem to be fewer people posting over the last few days.  Of course, sometimes that just happens.  But maybe there are a lot more people having login/posting issues.

I used to belong to TK's sister site, The Nest.  We had a great, regular group in the "Money Matters" forum.  Then they started having horrible login problems a couple years ago.  We all decided to abandon TN and opened a closed group on FB, instead.  But there was a big drop in activity.  FB is okay for forum-type discussions, but it's not really meant for that.  We're still active and around, but people post 2-3x/month instead of 2-3x/week.

I posted on that site today hoping someone would see it. I've been having the same trouble as @MobKaz
  • Testing to see if I can post without "approval."
  • 6fsn said:

• 6fsn said: