Wedding Woes

Monday

2»

Re: Monday

• FWIW if I ran on a street and a car was coming I'd hop up onto the sidewalk well in advance of the car. I can't think of a time I ever stayed on the road with traffic when I had the option to hop onto the sidewalk.

then again i avoided road running as much as I could and really only do it in a neighborhood or switching between neighborhoods.
  • kvruns said:
    FWIW if I ran on a street and a car was coming I'd hop up onto the sidewalk well in advance of the car. I can't think of a time I ever stayed on the road with traffic when I had the option to hop onto the sidewalk.

then again i avoided road running as much as I could and really only do it in a neighborhood or switching between neighborhoods.
    This is me. I will run in the street because it's safer and easier, however I always move onto the sidewalk if it's available or as far from cars as I can get if no sidewalk. 
  • Not a runner, but I used to be an outdoor power walker and when I walked on the sidewalks it was really really bad with uneven concrete.  I roll my ankle at the snap of my fingers.  It's actually a main reason why I don't walk outside anymore! 

My p/t job, hotel picture route used to include the French Quarter.  I typically traversed it walking, because it is a hateful place to drive, lol.  I often walked on the street instead of the sidewalk, because the sidewalks here are extremely uneven.  Major tripping hazards everywhere.  Plus, it's a lot of people walking slow AF and often in a group that blocks the sidewalk.

However, I always paid attention to where cars were and would hop back on the sidewalk or way over to the side of the road if there was one nearby.

One day, I had some asshat on a moped.  A MOPED!!!!  Who yelled at me that I needed to walk on the sidewalk.  Apparently the 4 feet of clearance between us when he drove past me was not enough, smh.

There is a law in my city that there needs to be 3' of clearance, on all sides, between cars and bicycles.  Which, on the surface, sounds great.  Except it is only the car drivers who get a ticket if that space is breached.  But there is nothing I can do if a bicyclist CHOOSES to breach that space.  I can and do try to put more distance as we go along, but I can't do anything in the moment.

I had some nuts bicyclist a few months ago.  I was driving down a one-way street with cars parked on both sides.  Some guy was riding his bike, the wrong way, down the middle of the street.  He was about a block and a half away when I first saw him.  I assumed he would move his bike more to the side so we wouldn't collide.  Nope.  He wasn't redirecting at all.  I didn't even have room to swerve around him.  So I completely stopped my car and just sat there.  Because if he was going to ride straight into my car, he was going to be hitting a stationary object, so there was no question as to fault.  He came to within just a few feet of my car, before he finally swerved.  And looked PO'ed at me while he did it, smh.  No idea what it was he expected me to do, lol.      

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, there’s one section of my run that is a pretty busy street with cars parked on both sides. I just stay on the sidewalk in that spot. 

This is making me miss my trail runs. 
  • At my old job and old apartment, every morning on my way to work I would honk at a guy on a bike on a super busy road when there was a bike path like 4 feet from him. Every day he'd give me the bird. It was our routine. I wonder how he's doing and if he ever thinks of me. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I’m not a jerk to people running in the streeet but I do really hate it. I live in a busy urban area, I’d strongly prefer not to hit any pedestrians, and when you’re running in the street you’re making driving safely much harder. 
  • Yes to what Charlotte said. 

We have a problem in my area with bicyclists riding on the sidewalk and it drives me nuts. A bike takes up almost the whole sidewalk and they always act like it's the pedestrian's fault and like I'm the one who is in the way. 

• levioosa said:
    Yes to what Charlotte said. 

We have a problem in my area with bicyclists riding on the sidewalk and it drives me nuts. A bike takes up almost the whole sidewalk and they always act like it's the pedestrian's fault and like I'm the one who is in the way. 

This grinds my gears too!  Bikes have no business being on a sidewalk and are such a danger to pedestrians.

My only exception is if it is a tricycle and the rider is under the age of 5, lol.  And, even then, I will avoid them as best I can in order to protect my ankles, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2018
    We have a new boss at the office. He is not merging well with our culture.  I suspect he is used to the 1 attorney/1 paralegal model and that's not what we work with.

I like him well enough; I also have 2 other attorneys and about 80 cases.  You will get the things you have requested, in order of priority and I'm the one who prioritizes.  Stop walking into my office to request things and stop assigning me things to do "right now" that are not priority tasks.  I have eight other petitions and about 7 sets of discovery taking precedence over your threat petition.  No one is going to take your side against me on this fact.  I have told you how I managed my work flow and an expected time frame for your work.  That's what it will be.
  • Thanks for the birthday and holiday wishes!
  • Jen4948 said:
    Thanks for the birthday and holiday wishes!
    Hope you had a fun birthday! 
  • Jen4948 said:
    Thanks for the birthday and holiday wishes!
    Hope you had a fun birthday! 
    It was quiet, which was my actual preference because it coincided with Rosh Hashanah and for other reasons. But once the holidays are over, maybe I'll do something.