Wedding Woes
Options

Monday

CharmedPamCharmedPam member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited October 2018 in Wedding Woes
And happy October 1st!

I can't even remember what I did this weekend.  I think I stayed in on Friday and did nothing.  Thank goodness for leftovers.  Saturday H and i saw the house with the clock in the walls.  Cute.  Exactly what I thought it would be and on Sunday I heard (from facebook posts) how great it was outside.  We stayed in and H slept on and off ALL DAY LONG.  We found out that FIL had a nasty fall and on top of that has shingles so he's in the hospital.  It's going up and down for him and his sister last said he wasn't doing so good :(  

But Halloween Baking Championship and Halloween Wars both started so I'm a happy camper :)

How was everyone's weekend? 

edit: words

Re: Monday

• Options
    Loss trigger warning:

Weekend was obviously a little rough. We buried the baby yesterday and I’m glad there’s some (if little) closure. It’s my last day here. We have a few easy going plans for the day and then I fly out early tomorrow morning. 

The leaves are starting to fall here and it’s really nice to actually see a season change. Too bad I have no way of going to get a pumpkin spice latte. But I’ve had all of the good tea. I’m kind of dreading flying out. I’d never flown Spirit before this trip and I don’t think I’ll ever want to again. Talk about sardines. But the price was insanely cheap for a last minute flight so I can’t really complain. 

• Options
    Good vibes to your FIL, Pam! 

• Options

Friday was busy with errands and my mystery shops.  Those were the two I talked about that were "reveals".  Unfortunately, neither cashier did what she was supposed to!  I didn't get to give out any prizes at either place.

My first Wal-mart pick-up went well, overall!  The only little snafu.  They sent me a link in my text message to click on when I was there or on my way.  Except it didn't work, so I had to call the store instead.  It looked like maybe I need to have the Walmart app installed on my phone to use it.  Which I'm not doing.  Still, I completely LOVED it!!!!  I will definitely be doing that way more often.

I got some overdue organizing done at the house over the weekend.  It only puts me like 3% of the way there, lol.  But at least it was a start.

I had a 12 months no interest financing coupon at Home Depot, but it expired yesterday.  Woo hoo, $430 purchase with 12 months to pay it off, no interest.  We stocked up on some items we know we'll need to spruce up the house that my PITA, evicted tenant should have vacated yesterday.  That remains to be confirmed.  I sent her a text message about 90 minutes ago asking that question and letting her know my H would be swinging by the house later, if I didn't hear back from her otherwise.  I'm just praying she's gone and there isn't any excessive damage.

It's sad that has to be my MO with her, lol.  Telling her what my actions will be if she doesn't respond.  Because, she almost never does, smh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Ladies. Things are good. I had a nice weekend and caught up on some sleep. GTG with Min and shopping. 
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    Loss trigger warning:

Weekend was obviously a little rough. We buried the baby yesterday and I’m glad there’s some (if little) closure. It’s my last day here. We have a few easy going plans for the day and then I fly out early tomorrow morning. 

The leaves are starting to fall here and it’s really nice to actually see a season change. Too bad I have no way of going to get a pumpkin spice latte. But I’ve had all of the good tea. I’m kind of dreading flying out. I’d never flown Spirit before this trip and I don’t think I’ll ever want to again. Talk about sardines. But the price was insanely cheap for a last minute flight so I can’t really complain. 
    Thanks for the t&p's guys.  H's father is a strong man so we're keeping our fingers crossed. 

Levioosa, I have heard this SO MUCH about spirit.  Plus they nickle and dime you after you pay for your flight.   I usually fly SW domestic and I love them.  I have a westjet flight later this month.  Really hope it's a good airline!  So sorry you had to do that this weekend, it's awful to hear. 

• Options
    Good vibes to your FIL @CharmedPam and to your friend @levioosa..and good luck flying out!

The Mets games were incredible.  They won both which was nice.  David Wright’s retirement was really moving and special...I’ve cried at Mets games before and I’ll cry again but the tears were different.  It was also nice to have a date night (prior one was maybe 5 months ago?) and have a drink. Sunday we brought the kids and we sat literally on the field- my coworker has these insane season tickets she gave us, it was fun.  Mr. Met gave the kids high fives, we were on the Jumbotron...just a lot of fun.
  • Options
    Levioosa, I am so sorry. I haven't been around much, but please know I am sorry for your loss.
  • Options

Friday was busy with errands and my mystery shops.  Those were the two I talked about that were "reveals".  Unfortunately, neither cashier did what she was supposed to!  I didn't get to give out any prizes at either place.

My first Wal-mart pick-up went well, overall!  The only little snafu.  They sent me a link in my text message to click on when I was there or on my way.  Except it didn't work, so I had to call the store instead.  It looked like maybe I need to have the Walmart app installed on my phone to use it.  Which I'm not doing.  Still, I completely LOVED it!!!!  I will definitely be doing that way more often.

I got some overdue organizing done at the house over the weekend.  It only puts me like 3% of the way there, lol.  But at least it was a start.

I had a 12 months no interest financing coupon at Home Depot, but it expired yesterday.  Woo hoo, $430 purchase with 12 months to pay it off, no interest.  We stocked up on some items we know we'll need to spruce up the house that my PITA, evicted tenant should have vacated yesterday.  That remains to be confirmed.  I sent her a text message about 90 minutes ago asking that question and letting her know my H would be swinging by the house later, if I didn't hear back from her otherwise.  I'm just praying she's gone and there isn't any excessive damage.

It's sad that has to be my MO with her, lol.  Telling her what my actions will be if she doesn't respond.  Because, she almost never does, smh.

yeah they tell you that you can call when you're on your way if you don't have the app (or it doesn't work which mine has in the past) but when you call them they just tell you to call when you're there.  If you don't mind waiting it's fine.  I love the app though.  I actually shop on it!  glad you liked the pick up. If you spend more than $50 next time, use the promo code KINDNESS for $10 off. Ends October 31st.

• Options
    Hey there!  T+P's for your FIL Pam and ((hugs)) for your friend (and you) Levioosa.  :(

Weekend was pretty good.  Friday, I had the afternoon off. Our friends came over with their kids for dinner and a fire.  Saturday, DH and the kiddo went to the ND game.  DefConn and I went to the store and to my parent's house for dinner. My dad made spaghetti and I ate soo... much because his spaghetti is my childhood <3 . Yesterday, DefConn let me sleep in.  Bummed around the house, watched the Colts just...ugh, and that's about it.  
  • Options

yeah they tell you that you can call when you're on your way if you don't have the app (or it doesn't work which mine has in the past) but when you call them they just tell you to call when you're there.  If you don't mind waiting it's fine.  I love the app though.  I actually shop on it!  glad you liked the pick up. If you spend more than $50 next time, use the promo code KINDNESS for $10 off. Ends October 31st.

Thanks!  I did have a $10 off promo code.  I will keep this one in mind also.  I'm sure I'll have another order before the end of the month.

Do they send $10 off codes out on the reg?

They also gave me a cute, little Walmart tote that had free samples in it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Thanks!  I did have a $10 off promo code.  I will keep this one in mind also.  I'm sure I'll have another order before the end of the month.

Do they send $10 off codes out on the reg?

They also gave me a cute, little Walmart tote that had free samples in it.

Not sure.  First order was $10 off being a trial thing, but this is the first time i saw a promo code after that.  I hope they do! I've had it with in store shopping. I feel like they are pushing people to do the online thing.  right now our walmart does the receipt check like they do at sams/costco and I just think unnecessary. 

• Options
    Healing vibes for your FIL, @CharmedPam!

Sending hugs to you and your friend, @levioosa.

I have two back-to-back meetings at the end of the day today that I am leading, so my day will be coming to a screeching halt. Other than that, SSDD.

Babypants is thisclose to walking - and this weekend she slept until 6:30/7am both days! 

Also the giant candy wall at work has been restocked with fall-themed candy. I am currently snacking on fun-size kit-kats and candy corn Am I the only one who likes candy corn? I feel like it's kind of an "old man" candy. lol
  • Options
    I haven't had any issues with Spirit. I've had more issues with American. Ha. It's just a ride to wherever I'm trying to get to. I pack my own snacks and buy a water at the airport. It has always been on time and the seats are comfortable.
  • Options

I have two back-to-back meetings at the end of the day today that I am leading, so my day will be coming to a screeching halt. Other than that, SSDD.

Babypants is thisclose to walking - and this weekend she slept until 6:30/7am both days! 

Also the giant candy wall at work has been restocked with fall-themed candy. I am currently snacking on fun-size kit-kats and candy corn Am I the only one who likes candy corn? I feel like it's kind of an "old man" candy. lol
    I like to pop a kernel or two in my mouth every so often.  But as a whole, it's a tad bit too sweet for me. I saw a special on candy corn this weekend coming straight from the jelly belly factory.  National Candy Corn day is also Oct 30th.

Now kit-kats and I can get into trouble.....

• Options
    All the hugs to you and your friend @levioosa.   What a horrible thing to endure.

I've heard that Spirit is a nickle and dime airline and ultimately you don't really save much by using them if you are flying with more than a toothbrush.  But the complaints are more about the comfort and a la carte pricing and not promptness.

I'm still a bigger Delta or Southwest fan.   The last few times I've flown American it was fine but I just found them to be 3rd in my rankings.
  • Options

I like to pop a kernel or two in my mouth every so often.  But as a whole, it's a tad bit too sweet for me. I saw a special on candy corn this weekend coming straight from the jelly belly factory.  National Candy Corn day is also Oct 30th.

Now kit-kats and I can get into trouble.....
    I didn't realize Jelly Belly also made candy corn. I feel like those would be too fancy lol. When it comes to candy corn the cheaper the better, IMO - Brach's all the way. 
  • Options

The good and the bad of going grocery shopping with my H is he is an extra set of hands to help with loading the car.  But lots of candy miraculously appears in my cart.  It's like shopping with a toddler, lol.

He went grocery shopping with me recently and there was half an aisle with Halloween themed stuff.  Including candy corn.  He insisted on getting a bag...it happened to be a BOGO special...so he got two bags, lol.  He's been munching on it ever since.

I like the way candy corn looks!  I think it's cute when Halloween themed décor looks like candy corn.  Not so crazy about the taste.  I have the same feelings for the red/white striped Christmas peppermints.  Love the look as holiday décor, won't eat them.

Oh!  On a different topic, you mentioned This Is Us last week.  I watched the first show over the weekend.  Does anyone know who that Steelers guy "Harris" is supposed to be that they kept focusing on?  Or is that one of the "mysteries" for this season?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My flight from LAX to PA was only $224. But then I paid $100 to check a bag (RT). I’ll have to Uber back home from the airport tomorrow which will cost around $120. So all costs included the travel was about $450. However, all of the other flights were $900+ and that didn’t always include free bags, so I still got a total steal on the flight. For a last minute emergency flight it was amazing. For a vacation, oh, I’d be sucking up that cost and would get a better airline for sure. 

• Options
    I love candy corn. But I love most candy or anything sweet so it’s not a surprise. 

My mom’s days off were approved but the day we were supposed to pick tickets, my stepdad was rushed from small town ED to bigger city ICU. They don’t know what exactly is wrong with him but found abscesses around his cervical spine which might explain his paralysis. He is either going into or currently in surgery now. He is also being tested for west Nile and other neurological type viruses because he isn’t all there at the moment. All of this is kindof karma because he is such an asshole but I feel terrible for my mom. I wish she wasn’t there alone.

My friend arrived last night about 1am. We stayed up until 3 chatting and we are both tired today.

i am worried about my dog. He is only 8 but has gained so much weight in the last two years. The last couple days he has hesitated jumping down from things. I think he might have just pulled a muscle or something but I am still just worried.
  • Options

The good and the bad of going grocery shopping with my H is he is an extra set of hands to help with loading the car.  But lots of candy miraculously appears in my cart.  It's like shopping with a toddler, lol.

He went grocery shopping with me recently and there was half an aisle with Halloween themed stuff.  Including candy corn.  He insisted on getting a bag...it happened to be a BOGO special...so he got two bags, lol.  He's been munching on it ever since.

I like the way candy corn looks!  I think it's cute when Halloween themed décor looks like candy corn.  Not so crazy about the taste.  I have the same feelings for the red/white striped Christmas peppermints.  Love the look as holiday décor, won't eat them.

Oh!  On a different topic, you mentioned This Is Us last week.  I watched the first show over the weekend.  Does anyone know who that Steelers guy "Harris" is supposed to be that they kept focusing on?  Or is that one of the "mysteries" for this season?

So according to an article I read, the player is Franco Harris - a real-life former Steeler whose game-winning touchdown was referred to as the Immaculate Reception. Not sure if his appearance on the show and the Immaculate Reception is a metaphor or if he will be a bigger part of this season.

Also - the bit where Randall and Tess are going to meet someone in the future and then we see future Toby. Aggghhhh! I have so many questions!!!
  • Options
    That’s terrible @missJeanLouise. Good vibes for your mom and her husband. And sending good thoughts for your dog too. Has he ever had issues with arthritis before? 

• Options
    I love candy but not candy corn. Although you can melt candy corn and turn it into homemade butterfinger bars which are pretty good
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise sending your mom, her husband, and your doggo good healing vibes!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. He just got out of surgery so there should be an update soon.
    @levioosa no, he’s never had any issues before. We will monitor for a couple days and hopefully he feels better.
  • Options

My store has signs in front of the grocery pick up parking spots with the number to call on it as well.  I do use the app, but I'm not really sure it's more/less convenient.  They still come out to ask my name; honestly mine is so busy at pickup, I doubt they can always be looking out to say, "Hey "other" colored car just drove up, must be this Varuna person!"  I'm glad it went well.

I'm tired today.  I forced myself out of bed and into a workout.  But I'm tired of being unhealthy, so this is necessary.  Also, it's just really being a Monday morning on me.

Weekend was good.  The out of town show was small, but mighty.  I was pulled aside to be asked if K wanted to run for 2 different pageants by the bar owners.  Explained about school, but promised their pageants were at the top of our list (which is true) when K can return to competition.  Another booking offered, which we haven't accepted yet.  Overall, great time and the bartender knew how to make my martinis, so I got a lot drunk for the first time in forever.  One of our friends came up with us and it was so much fun to hang out with him.  Lazy days the rest of the weekend.
  • Options

PITA tenant update.  She DID vacate and, except for one minor item*, there was no purposeful damage.  Or any unexpected major/medium unexpected damage.  Phew!  Lots of work and repairs to do in our future, but that is more wear and tear because she and her family had lived there a long time.

And the previous owner had installed, OMG, the ugliest linoleum floor in the living room that I have perhaps ever seen.  It is a busy pattern of all the rich browns and dark oranges of the 70's.  Except this house flooded in Katrina.  So it is only a little more than 10 years old.  That must have been some clearance special for anyone to choose it, lol.  Ugh.  So that is ALL getting ripped out and replaced with wood-look vinyl plank.

We're also going to replace the roof, while it is vacant.  That's a big expense.  Ouches!  But has been a long time coming.  The roof was on its last legs when I bought it over three years ago.  I'm amazed it's lasted this long without leaking and that has actually been a huge blessing.  I'm in a much better place to take on this repair than I would have been last year or earlier

*Minor item: I don't know what was up with this, but they removed the door stopper for the front door.  So now there is a hole in the wall from the door knob.  Even more infuriating, we had JUST FIXED that same hole and added a new door stopper only about 5 months ago.

I did make a rookie mistake, though.  I forgot to contact the utilities and have them set up to get switched to my name when she turned them off.  Doh!  Both the energy and the water/trash are already shut off.  Further delays.  The energy will be turned back on Wed. and I haven't talked to water/trash (same entity) yet.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Weekend was great but I’m exhausted! Friday was Charlie & the Chocolate Factory with my sister. It was really cute and we had a ton of fun. Saturday was our big night out with Hs friends who rented a limo because they all had babysitters for the night. We stayed out way too late but had a great time. Sunday was recovering. 

I also FINALLY got the living room and parlor rooms painted! Now on to the rest of the house. 

Im dragging at work and really ready to be home.