Wedding Woes
Options

90-Day Fiance discussions

Re: 90-Day Fiance discussions

• Options

My first post talked a lot about Jon and Rachel, lol.  So I'm starting a new one for everybody else.

Paul and Karinne --  I think all the stuffed animals were ones she already had.  They looked like the same slew he brought with him from the U.S.  I am a Clutter Queen, but even I was horrified by their apartment.  Maybe the next reality show they are aiming to be on is a special int'l version of Hoarders-Brazil, lol.  I seriously need to know what Paul does for a living!!!  That he can just pop off back to the U.S.  Apparently pick up work immediately.  Work for a couple months.  Which is apparently long enough to save up enough money to go back down to Brazil and live there for months at a time.  Must be nice!

Marta and Algerian guy -- Really, TLC, really?!?  You actually wasted our time on that complete nonsense, smh.

Tarik and Hazel -- What happened to where she was previously living?  I thought she was living with her parents?  How convenient her suddenly being "homeless" perfectly coincided with Tarik's visit.  Ringling had it correct.  "A sucker born every minute".  And I don't even mean that to be harsh to Hazel.  I don't blame her.  It's a tough reality that there are many places in the world where people live with such dire, financial insecurity.  But that doesn't mean Tarik needs to suddenly make it his problem, even if she is his fiancé.

Angela and Michael -- Dude!  Dude!!!!  You threw away your long-awaited chance to move to the U.S. over $600?  Wow.  Really short-sighted.  And, of course, a hugely sh***y thing to your "fiancé", who spent thousands to come visit you.

Darcey and Jesse -- Is their story finally over, in regards to the show?  Please tell me it is finally over, lol.  Supposedly, they have been broken-up a long time IRL.  I noticed on the preview for the Tell-All that he shows up in person.  Wow!  How many free trips to NYC does he get, lol?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    debbeau said:
    Ricky - is he for real? He loves her, wants to marry her, but tells his (ex?) wife he isn’t serious about her. This poor girl. Don’t you have to be divorced first before planning the K1 visa? 

Jon and Rachel - the facts keep trickling out. He lost his job, he has 50k of student loan debt, what is the next shoe to drop.

Darcey and Jessie- is this really over?

Tatik and Hazel - that’s a mystery to me.

Angela and Michael - she should cut her losses at $600 and run.

I knew I was forgetting a couple, lol!

I don't know if I just missed it before, but this is the first I realized that he is still freakin' married!!!  Geez!  Now I'm very curious about that timeline.  Has the divorce and separation been going on a long time?  Like a few years long?  I can have more understanding for that.  But I suspect the marriage recently ended and he can't even wait until the divorce papers are signed before getting engaged again.  That also makes more sense as to why his soon-to-be ex would have been all up in his business like that and he was trying to hide the relationship from her.  I want to say "he is just the worst".  But I've already given that crown to Jesse and I'm not ready to de-throne him yet, lol.

Oh, Ximena, though.  I like her.  Girl.  SO.MANY.RED.FLAGS.  He lied to you numerous times.  He's lying to his WIFE about you.  He rebounded from his marriage and became obsessed, briefly, with Melissa.  Now he's rebounding from his marriage and Melissa with you.  Where he became obsessed again with the snap of a finger.  He confuses infatuation with love, compounded by raw emotions from his upcoming divorce.  Ugh, don't be his next victim.

And, yeah, they certainly can't even begin the K1 visa process until he is divorced.  Ximena pointed that out on the ride to the airport and it makes perfect sense.  In fact, I wonder if him being recently divorced could hinder the K1 visa process.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Marta and Computer Dude - that was the most irritating storyline ever.  Why did TLC end up showing it?  The story didn't work out.  Leave it on the cutting room floor.  There's nor reason to add them except that they didn't have enough content to fill 2 hours and rather than making the show 1 1/2 hours, they show something that ends up being nothing.  

Angela and Michael - he never admitted to stealing the money but on the preview of the tell all, they make it seem like he admitted to it.  I actually feel bad for her.  That is so awful.

Hazek and Tarik - her lack of emotion about everything is so strange.  "I am homeless" "I love you" - all in a complete deadpan manner is so off-putting.  Let's keep in mind that they knew each other for a few weeks before he went out there?  So strange.  That said, I feel so bad for her that she has to be with him to get out of her situation.

Rachel and Jon - he gave up his job without talking to her first?  They couldn't just get married on a weekend so he could go to work?  Red.  Flag.  He also has debt, although I guess it's good he told her before they got married.  Her snooping in his social media and what he's doing on social media should be red flags for both of them.  She doesn't trust him and he's a womanizer.  I also can't stand how she kept telling him that his open relationships were "inappropriate."  She needs to STFU.  He isn't asking her to be in an open relationship and I think it's inappropriate for her to make herself the decider of what two (or more) consenting adults should do.

Ricky and Ximena - I feel so bad for her.  I feel like she got played.  Ricky's (ex?)wife went on social media this past week and basically said that she knew Ricky went to Columbia, didn't know what he went for, and that Ricky tried to get back with her after he returned.  He's so creepy.

Paul and Karine (CW - miscarriage) - I am so sad she lost the baby.  It was so maddening when she was in the hospital and Paul and no idea what was going on.  One of them needs to start learning the other's language, if for no other reason than to give important information like that.  The bilingual producer won't be there forever.  Side note - I just read that Paul is blaming the miscarriage on zika, so that's interesting.  

Darcey and Jesse - if I never hear/see the clip where Darcey is getting out of the van screaming, "you never loved me!  Get out of me life!" it will be too soon.  Jesse's face when they ask him if the two of them did the deed was priceless.  His shorty pants in the tell all preview are toooo much.  

• Options
    That story about Paul is disturbing. 
  • Options
    Right?!  It's even more disturbing to know that the news outlet actually dug to find out if her story could be corroborated and they found evidence that her version is true.  

• Options
    Ro041 said:

Dear Coworkers,

Go away.

@Ro41 sent me down a rabbit hole.

Regards,

Short+Sassy

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Paul + Karine – I feel horrible for them. It must have been horrible for Paul to stay alone during the surgery. I still think they moved a little too fast, but when you are in love, you are in love. I still wish he would learn the dang language. I get that the medical bills were unexpected, but I would l think that Paul would have purchased a roundtrip ticket? I would hate to think that TLC would be creating another “storyline”, but from what I have seen, I would not put it past them. He may have ran out of money, but it has to be even more expensive to buy a last minute ticket from the Brazil to the US.

Rachel + John – The dude has issues – debt, lack of communication, potential womanizer.

I think it is weird he invited an ex to the pre-wedding festivities. I personally do not have any relationships with my ex and neither does H, but I am not sure how I would react if I were in her position. It also seems like John was like, “oh, we are having this get together I want you to come”, but I do not necessarily think he has malicious intent.  I would however be concerned that he does not seem to have boundaries with his exes. If you need to go snooping now and you do not trust him, they is it right for you to be planning a wedding (even though they are already married).

The wedding ring thing was weird – I know of some men who do not wear them, but I thinks it is laughable he had to ask the question as if he did not know a majority of men wear wedding bands. I like that the jeweler stood up for Rachel.

Michael + Angela – Yeesh. I can’t believe he did that. She should just take the $600 loss vs. being stuck with a thief and a liar for the rest of her life. However, I would not let someone take my debit in a foreign country and withdraw anything. 

Darcey + Jesse – These two. I can’t deal. I hope they continue to stay far, far away from one another because they are toxic together. I think he wanted to inflict as much pain as possible and get one more trip to the states out of it. If she does have a drinking problem, I think it’s terrible keep bringing it up as a dig in an argument. As someone else said earlier: why not just fly into Connecticut? Why make her travel all the way to NYC? He’s a mindf*** - He’s condensing and likes to play with her emotions. How did he expect her to react? He’s trying to break up with her!! I am so sick of him. Break up sex? Really? They are the worst. She has a new guy (according to her IG – he lives in the UK. She’s gotta stay on brand, I suppose)

Tarik + Hazel – The first sign of emotion when he leaves. I don’t think she’s sad he’s leaving and think she’s sad because the money is leaving. I’m sorry if I’m being harsh, but I don’t buy her affection for him. I honestly think she’s using him to get out of her situation. They have only known one another for a few weeks and she looks devoid of emotion when she talks about literally anything. I think he’s the only way out for her. I think it’s weird the way she reacts to Tarik’s brother and I respect the fact that he’s keeping it real. We all do things for our family that we don’t necessarily like and I commend him for sucking it up. Did he pay her rent? How can she afford the apartment? If it were so easy to get an apartment, why not get one a while ago?

Ricky + Ximena – There are so many red flags. Run girl, run! So he is saying he has to lie to his ex in order to keep the peace. What the heck? The longer this show goes on, the more I dislike Ricky. He gave her a ring for another woman for goodness sakes. I think he seriously has issues with being alone and can’t deal with it so he always has someone lined up. He seems like a nice guy, but in reality he’s a creep.

Marta + Daya – Why are they on the show? It’s not a good storyline and they are not likeable. They need to remove them from the show. I’m not feeling it and I don’t think anyone is. 

• Options
    Ok, I hate to even defend Jesse but I doubt there are many direct flights from Amsterdam to CT. They don't have any major airports? He'd have to fly into JFK or Newark. 
    BUT I totally agree he's an abusive dickwad who wanted to cause her more pain, and be on TV, and get another trip to NY out of it. 
  • Options
    Ok, I hate to even defend Jesse but I doubt there are many direct flights from Amsterdam to CT. They don't have any major airports? He'd have to fly into JFK or Newark. 
    BUT I totally agree he's an abusive dickwad who wanted to cause her more pain, and be on TV, and get another trip to NY out of it. 
    That makes sense - I think he’s the worst and I was blinded my dislike for him ha ha 
  • Options
    Did Ricky really think that Ximena would never find out that the ring was meant for Melissa?  Maybe that's what she is freaking out about during the tell all (just speculation).

• Options
    That makes sense - I think he’s the worst and I was blinded my dislike for him ha ha 

I get that possibly his only flight choice was into the NYC area.  But, considering he was only there to break up with her, I still think HE should have been the one to travel by car or train to her in CT.  TLC seems to supply the car and driver all the time, anyway.  Darcey said it was a 3-hour trip.  Whether that is one-way or r/t, don't make someone travel that far just to break up with them.  It is just more of his selfish personality.

She even screamed at him, "Why didn't you just do this over the phone!?!"

Exactly.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ro041 said:
    Did Ricky really think that Ximena would never find out that the ring was meant for Melissa?  Maybe that's what she is freaking out about during the tell all (just speculation).

It's like people forget they're being filmed, lol.

But one of the rabbit holes from the site you posted earlier was talking about him and how this all looks like a big, pathetic scam for his 15 minutes of fame and to be on the show.  Spanish speaking viewers translated all the text messages that could be seen and none of them were romantic.  They were all much more along the lines of casual friendship.  In fact, one of the text messages sent when he was at the restaurant was trying to persuade her to come with (paraphrasing) "it's a nice restaurant, please come meet me, just as friends,"

The smoking gun.  AFTER he returned from Columbia, he was flirting with and establishing a relationship with a woman from Canada.  Professing his love (again).  He was telling her all about the show he'd already done in Columbia.  This was before it aired.  And that he had an "in" with the producers now.  If things went well between them, he wanted her to be in the regular 90DF show with him.  They were a shoe-in to be on it.  She even asked him something like, "But what about the woman in Columbia?"  He told her no, he'd rather be in regular 90DF with her.  Canada Gal got disgusted with him and publicly posted their exchanges.

Supposedly, he's not even divorcing his wife.  She is in on the scam also and they want to use the money and publicity from the show to start a business together.  The wife even says that Ricky is scamming the show, but she isn't a part of it.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I want to see that rabbit hole S+S. Woah 
  • Options

I get that possibly his only flight choice was into the NYC area.  But, considering he was only there to break up with her, I still think HE should have been the one to travel by car or train to her in CT.  TLC seems to supply the car and driver all the time, anyway.  Darcey said it was a 3-hour trip.  Whether that is one-way or r/t, don't make someone travel that far just to break up with them.  It is just more of his selfish personality.

She even screamed at him, "Why didn't you just do this over the phone!?!"

Exactly.

Oh I definitely agree. Why make her go into the city to see you? He could have taken a car to see her. I was just pointing out that for him to fly into CT probably wasn't possible. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    I want to see that rabbit hole S+S. Woah 

I went to go get the link for you on the Ricky info I found.  And found even more!  Another article they had about him was supposedly info from an anonymous tipster on the TLC production staff.  I realize "anonymous tipster" doesn't necessarily mean the info is 100%.  But, if it is, they verified what I have suspected.  That Ricky had actually gone to Columbia to see Ximena.

TLC thought up the Melissa twist and Ricky went along with it, because it meant he would be in more episodes.  According to that source, participants get paid $500 per episode.  With that said, Melissa is a real person.  Not an actress.  I got the impression she was already someone he'd been chatting with on Columbia Cupid anyway.  Ximena was just always the main reason for his visit.

However, Ximena has been a poor innocent pawn in all of this!  He didn't come to Columbia for Melissa, but told that to Ximena to increase the drama for the show.  Even though he knew how much it would hurt her.  The source said he did seem to develop feelings for her over the course of the shoots.  But he never had any intention of continuing their relationship.  She was just the victim he needed to be in the show, smh.

More dirt.  The source suspects that Ricky's wife was in on this 90DF scam all along.  But Ricky sleeping with another woman was NOT part of the plan.  They think that's the real reason the couple now appears to be separated.  And he and his wife JUST got married early last year!

For your all's further enjoyment:

https://soapdirt.com/?s=ricky

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That website has so much dirt.  One story I saw (when I went down a different rabbit hole on that site) said that TLC normally pays the people at the end of the season because they get paid per episode.  But they paid Paul early so that he could pay Karine's medical bills (the non-American partner doesn't get any compensation apparently).  They also say that he works for his dad's company and that his mom and dad are still married but dad hasn't been featured on the show.  That explains how he can take months off at a time and then just pop back and make some money before leaving again.

• Options
    Ro041 said:
    That website has so much dirt.  One story I saw (when I went down a different rabbit hole on that site) said that TLC normally pays the people at the end of the season because they get paid per episode.  But they paid Paul early so that he could pay Karine's medical bills (the non-American partner doesn't get any compensation apparently).  They also say that he works for his dad's company and that his mom and dad are still married but dad hasn't been featured on the show.  That explains how he can take months off at a time and then just pop back and make some money before leaving again.

I saw that piece about him also!  I had just been wondering in my other post what the heck he does for a living, lol.

Wow!  That is messed up they don't pay the non-American partner. 

Although that really scary link you posted the other day...and thanks again for that, the website is gold...had his ex talking about that he never worked or had any money.

That was an eye-opening story.  I have seen signs of an abuser in his behavior and knew about his criminal past, related to past g/f's.  But I had no idea how bad and twisted he really was.

To take a serious moment, this show sometimes makes me wonder how many foreign brides living in this country are in dangerous, helpless situations.  If they married an abusive man, they have nowhere to go and no one to turn to.  They're family and friends are overseas.  They probably haven't been allowed to get a job and don't have any of their own money.  They may not even speak very much English.  It has to be a terrifying place to be.

--------------------------------

I saw a talk show years ago, long before the 90DF series, on this subject.  One of the women who told her story had that happen to her.  Her story made such an impression on me.  I'm going to tell what I remember, so this post will be long!

She was Russian and belonged to a matchmaking service.  The service would put together luxury junkets for rich American men, looking for beautiful Russian brides.  She met her H through one of those.  She said he was so nice.  Very charming and romantic.  Acted like he just adored her.  Until the second they got married and she was on US soil.  And then it was a 180.  He was abusive, demanding, and cruel.

He expected her to cook, clean, and comply with whatever sexual demands he had, whenever he wanted.  When he came home from work, she needed to be in full make-up, heels, and nicely dressed.  The slightest failure, real or imagined, and he would beat her.  He learned to speak a fair amount of Russian, because he didn't want her to learn English.  He threatened to kill her all the time.  He warned her she better not ever call the police because, in this country, they wouldn't care and wouldn't help her anyway and he would then beat her for her insubordination.

She was only allowed to leave the house twice a week to run his errands and go to the grocery store.  She had to call him at work, from their landline, before she left.  And then call him back again, from their landline, when she returned.  If she took longer than he thought she should have been, she was punished.

She used television shows to teach herself how to speak English.  And totally hid that from her H.  She started regularly seeing a commercial for a domestic abuse hotline and seared the phone number into her memory.  But it was 6 months before she had the nerve to call from a pay phone.  I think at that point she'd been with him for a few years.  She was put in touch with a local person that was part of a group who helped domestic abuse victims.  That person helped her formulate a plan.  On go-day, that person picked her up on one of her grocery shopping trips and took her to a safe house.

At the safe house, she was encouraged to call the police and file a report.  She was assured her H had lied to her all this time and the police would help.  She did and a couple police officers went to his home to get his statement.  When her H saw the cop cars, he came out onto the front lawn and had a gun in his hand.  He refused to drop it and was shot and killed.  Such a tragic story all around, but at least she was finally free and didn't have to worry about him coming after her. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy that story is so sad.  I can't imagine that kind of terror.  

• Options
    S+S what you said about Melissa is what I've suspected all along (based on other things I'd read all along) although I couldn't figure out why Ximena would stick with someone who just said he came to visit and propose to someone else unless she was also somewhat in on it
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2018
    OK in that rabbit hole they mention the wife's real name (I think) even though they had tried to redact it in another article as "Nancy"

edit: she grew up in Russia. Wonder if they met online?

• Options
    I read an article on that same site saying the Jon/Rachel visa thing is just for drama. They had another immigration attorney do an interview with him but that person was like yep you can get a visa, no problem when TLC wanted them to say it would be a tough road and probably wouldn't get it. So they scrapped that interview and got another attorney to go on camera to prolong the drama. 
  • Options
    It was interesting enough without making all the stuff up. Unless all of the other seasons they were doing the same thing. It didn’t look like it.
  • Options
    I’m finding that a lot of these situations are staged and it’s making me mad lol 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    OK in that rabbit hole they mention the wife's real name (I think) even though they had tried to redact it in another article as "Nancy"

edit: she grew up in Russia. Wonder if they met online?

Interesting!  I was not aware of this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

@debbeau and @NBSquared2017, I'm sure there was always some aspect of manipulating what was aired with editing.  Some "guidance" to the couples on what to say and subjects to talk about.  And I don't even mind that to a large extent, as long as the majority and main points of what I am watching are real.

But it feels like TLC is going more and more overboard with it, as the popularity increases.  And sometimes completely making up events, out of whole cloth.  Not cool.

I haven't followed many other reality shows, but I've heard this is often how they progress.  The generic timeline of typical popular reality show:

1) Start as mostly genuine reality

2) Become popular

3) Production see what's caught viewers attention.  Gets excited and full of themselves.

4) Start creating fake scenes similar to what viewers have liked.

5) The fake scenes start becoming too often and obvious.

6) The main people become B or C-list celebrities almost overnight.  And start to feel more like actors, than the regular/everyday people they once were.

7) Viewers are turned off.  The show loses some, but the majority remain long after the show jumped the shark.

My H and I used to love watching Pawn Stars and American Pickers.  But we stopped watching those many season ago, for exactly the reasons described above.  And, ugh, those Storage War type shows?  Those shows ALWAYS had "salting" of the units.

I've been to a few auctions and even bought a storage unit, long before the tv shows.  It's a nice, though a hard work, way to earn a few bucks.  I made around $400 for the items worth selling I found.  The unit cost me $12 in the auction, but the real expense was a couple long days of work.  Clearing, trashing, and sorting out the items in the unit.  However nobody puts Krugerrand gold coins in a storage unit, much less leave them there, lol.  It's primarily appliances, furniture, clothes, paperwork, and knick-knacks.  Knick-knacks can occasionally be valuable, but the vast majority are not.  50-75% of the other bidders owned used appliance stores.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2018

Talking about the Tell All!

Angela and Michael -- She flew off the handle because Michael had "humiliated" her on national television, by calling her his elder.  Angela, the only one humiliating you...is YOU.  I've always found her a bit too abrasive, quick to anger, and raw.  But her behavior in the show was over-the-top HORRIBLE!!!  Screaming and spewing profanity.  Very combative attitude.  I really dislike her now.  I know Michael wants to come to America, but I hope not at the expense of hitching his star to such an abusive person.  I realize she technically broke off the engagement anyway, but I'm sure she changed her mind as soon as she cooled off.

Ricky and Ximena -- Their engagement is broken off also.  Because he is back trying to work things out with his wife, smh.  Just like the Internet stories foretold.  Ximena kept it classy.  Told him off and said what she needed to say, but without all the profanity-laced screaming.  She is one of my favorites from the season.  She seemed the most genuine.  I hope she takes her own advice and finds a good man, who will put her first.

Paul and Karinne -- And the truth is revealed about his finances.  He can't afford to be a sponsor for Karinne's K-1 visa.  Has talked to his mom about it, but not his dad.  And mom has made it clear she'll follow whatever her H says, but he doesn't like that Paul married Karinne and has wanted nothing to do with the show.  Why WOULDN'T he have asked his dad already?  There is a baby on the way, ffs.  But the real, shocking upset for this storyline.  He expects Karinne to get a DNA test for the baby, when it is born.  Dude, that is your WIFE!  With no reason to believe she cheated on you, except in your own imagination.  You lowdown, abusive pr**k. 

Darcey and Jesse -- While I don't think much of Darcey, she's another one I hope takes her own advice and just leaves this toxic relationship in the past.  She makes it sound like she's over him.  I don't think she's quite there yet, but she's on her way.  Jesse is the pretty wrapping of an empty box.  He's good looking, articulate, intelligent.  "Surface" charming, when he's trying.  But is such a manipulative SOB.  It was funny when he threw his little tantrum and insisted on joining everyone.

Rachel and Jon -- It's ironic their relationship seems the most genuine, when we all know they blatantly faked the timeline, lol.  I did side-eye when she said, "Now that we're not saving for the wedding anymore..."  I'm thinking, "Huh?  Do you mean your plane ticket?  Because his mom and sister were the only guests.  How expensive could the actual wedding have been?"  I don't think Jon is a bad guy.  But it is funny whenever someone asks him about the fighting/criminal record, and he starts...angerly and aggressively...defending himself and saying he is not like that anymore.  Sure, dude.  You just keep on telling yourself that.

I guess the nice thing about him apparently being perpetually unemployed now is he can adjust his sleep schedule to be up during her waking hours.  Girl, you need to nip that s**t in the bud.  Remember Azan?  And how he used the excuse he got fired from his job because of Nicole texting him too much?  And then he was unemployed forever, living off the monetary gifts that she couldn't afford?  Mmm...hmm.

Tarik and Hazel -- Interesting that they are apparently they are still together and engaged.  Was not expecting that.  And, just like the Grinch Who Stole Christmas, Hazel's heart seemed to have grown two sizes larger for Tarik.  Albeit small sizes.  I would swear I detected a few moments of warmth from her, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Karine and Paul - poor Karine.  How does Paul not see how much his accusations hurt her?  How many times does she have to prove that she is faithful?

Angela and Michael - well she flew off the handle for no reason.  It really upsets me how she verbally abuses him regularly.  How many times has she said "f you" to him?  She is so unstable and scary.  She would be impossible to be in a relationship with.

Rachel and Jon - I don't want to like them but they really seem to be in love and their vibe makes me smile.  Plus her baby is adorable.

Ricky and Ximena - he's such a skeezeball.  What are the odds that his ex-wife is going to continue to want to work things out after she sees how he was acting this season?  Based on her public comments, it seems like she isn't too pleased with his decision making already.

Tarik and Hazel - their reunion was unremarkable.

Jesse and Darcey - He is really really really crazy.  I feel like there should be a picture of Jesse in the dictionary under the word "gaslighter".  I thought it was great that the rest of the cast was willing to call him out on his bs.  When he insisted on coming back out to prove how non-dominant he was, I wanted to scream.  

Marta and Dya - why even mention them?  Ugh.

The fight between Rachel and Angela was bizarre.  Angela didn't do herself any favors by continuing to act like a crazy person.

I think overall, the Americans came out looking like unstable/manipulative and the hopefuls (for lack of a better term) are so sympathetic (not you Jesse).  It's a rough look for the Americans this season.

• Options

@Ro041, I feel like the Americans are usually painted in a bad light.  Or, probably even truer, they choose Americans that are awful and/or people will poke fun at.

I do cringe sometimes, knowing this show is aired in other countries.  I think the show often perpetuates a lot of the negative stereotypes about Americans.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree completely, but this season's seemed to be especially icky (for the most part).