Wedding Woes
Options

90-Day Fiance discussions

Re: 90-Day Fiance discussions

• Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2018

I don't necessarily think he is a bad guy.  Though my opinion of him has definitely soured as the show has gone on.  At first, I just thought he was a bit pathetic.  But had sympathy that he was looking for love, though becoming a little too desperate.  I felt a little bad for him.

However, now I see he has the mentality of a child when it comes to romance.  He loves Little Susie on Monday and is pulling her pigtails.  But by Wed., Little Susie is over and now he loves Little Jackie and is trying to kiss her behind the slide.  My sympathy is gone and I find him really pathetic and eye rolling. 

Was it you who said he should be cast on Married at First Sight? So accurate. 
    That was me, lol!  I said those two shows should have a special edition episode where they combine and have an "international" episdoe.  And Ricky would be a perfect candidate for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They're coming out with a MAFS spinoff - Married At First Sight Honeymoon Island or something. Sounds similar to those bachelor/ette island shows. Should be terribly tacky and trashy. I'm looking forward to it. Sounds like Ricky would have been perfect!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    They're coming out with a MAFS spinoff - Married At First Sight Honeymoon Island or something. Sounds similar to those bachelor/ette island shows. Should be terribly tacky and trashy. I'm looking forward to it. Sounds like Ricky would have been perfect!
    That sounds like an amazing dumpster fire and I am here for it
  • Options
    I have to admit, I've actually never watched an episode of MAFS.  But I know @ShesSoCold has mentioned they are very entertaining to watch and I have been tempted!  One of these days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have to admit, I've actually never watched an episode of MAFS.  But I know @ShesSoCold has mentioned they are very entertaining to watch and I have been tempted!  One of these days.
    I. love. that. show. And I'm kind of upset that I'm the only one because I wanna shit talk all the cast members. LOL 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2018
    I. love. that. show. And I'm kind of upset that I'm the only one because I wanna shit talk all the cast members. LOL 
    One of my coworker's friends was in the final round to be selected for the upcoming season being filmed in Philadelphia. The already started filming - he but did not make the final cut.  

She also knew a guy who was on a prior season as well
  • Options
    I watch it and love it. Idk if we are watching the same season because things come out later here, sometimes. I live vicariously through this thread on the 90DF because we don’t have this season yet. Plus everything comes on at weird times so I miss a lot of episodes.
  • Options
    I watch it and love it. Idk if we are watching the same season because things come out later here, sometimes. I live vicariously through this thread on the 90DF because we don’t have this season yet. Plus everything comes on at weird times so I miss a lot of episodes.
    OOOOOOOOOH what season are you on? Who are the couples??!?! 
  • Options
    OOOOOOOOOH what season are you on? Who are the couples??!?! 

Yeah!  Don't be left out.  I'm happy to shit-talk about previous couples also, lol.  So much material.

Though I assume @ShesSoCold is referring to MAFS.  It's all good! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold I am watching season 5 with Shawniece and Jephte.... 
  • Options
    Oh! What are your thoughts on Jaclyn and Ryan? I have hated that guy since day one. I just cannot stand him. He never lets her speak when they have disagreements and he always twists shit on her. I hate him. She seems sweet and I feel bad that they matched her with such a douchey guy.

I love Jephte. I love how shy he was at the beginning and he's hilarious. He has the best voice. If he were my husband, I'd make him read me bedtime stories every night. 

I feel bad for Jon. He's not my type but you can tell he's used to being "a hot guy" and Molly's coldness is wearing him down. 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Oh! What are your thoughts on Jaclyn and Ryan? I have hated that guy since day one. I just cannot stand him. He never lets her speak when they have disagreements and he always twists shit on her. I hate him. She seems sweet and I feel bad that they matched her with such a douchey guy.

I love Jephte. I love how shy he was at the beginning and he's hilarious. He has the best voice. If he were my husband, I'd make him read me bedtime stories every night. 

I feel bad for Jon. He's not my type but you can tell he's used to being "a hot guy" and Molly's coldness is wearing him down. 
    I love Jephte now but I felt so bad for Shawniece when he wouldn’t let her love him. I was like, this dude was not ready to be on this show. Now that he is more comfortable, he is more playful and cute. I thought he was really self aware when after a couple weeks he was like ‘I’ve learned that I just suck at communicating’ or whatever.

jaclyn is the blonde right? I am surprised they don’t click more than they do just from an energy level standpoint. I figured they would have been hot and heavy right from the start, idk why. 

Molly and Jon seem alright to me but I generally only catch portions of a show. They show it frequently enough, just not at good times for me. At like 10am when I am busy, 4 so I never get to see the whole episode before I leave for work or pick up DH from his work, or past midnight when I should be going to bed. 

When I was looking up what season I was watching I found out some spoilers but idc. I love the show. What do you think about having them all hang out with each other this season? Do you think it is helpful or makes them compare in a detrimental way?

Edit: just watched the Roadtrip episode.

Molly is the blonde. I do feel bad for Jon, especially after he said how cold she is off camera and about being repeatedly rejected. She  got turned off on the honeymoon and never recovered.

I must have missed the episode with all of Jaclyn and Ryan’s problems. They talk about them but the last I saw he was wearing a carpenter’s belt. ;) She is so sweet though and it makes me sad if he is a jerk to her.

Japhte and Shawniece: There is no way DH and I could have made it through a corn maze without fighting.

the teaser for the next episode has me like Whoa. I want to know about Molly and the bar. (Also it seems like she is sabotaging the relationship because she is just not into him)
  • Options

So many engagements last night on 90DF!

I watched the main 2-hour show, but only the first 20 minutes or so of the "after show" (whatever they called it).  But don't worry about spoilers for me, for anyone who watched the whole thing.

Ricky and Ximena -  Engaged - The scene by the lake was so dumb and weird. I don't know what him jumping in the lake proves to Ximena.  And his melodrama of how he "almost died" for her, was so annoying and eye rolling.  They weren't even that far from shore.  I wouldn't be surprised if he could stand where he was, lol.  Though it was hilarious that a cameraman had to help him back up to the pier.  I wonder if she will ever question why he had an engagement ring so handy on his trip, lmao.

Tarik and Hazel - Engaged - I could not stop laughing that Hazel basically told Tarik (my words, her attitude), "My sister has a rich Japanese guy all ready for me to marry.  So you better pony up with a proposal before you leave."  So then he proposes to her at a later time.  And she hesitates.  A looonnnggg time.  Like she can't bring herself to say yes, but knows she has to in order to get to her primary goal...getting to the U.S.

Angela and Michael - Engaged - Angela proposed first and then Michael did.  This relationship is obviously earmarked for disaster.  Oh well.  I like how Angela wrapped his ring in a small American flag.  She can keep denying it if she wants, but she knows what's up.  That little flag was a great prop to "close the deal".   

Jesse and Darcey - Not Engaged - Not surprising.  First, he wants her to meet him at some park.  Just to break up with her.  Then, he decides she is too cold and they should go back to the hotel.  And breaks up with her in the car.  She at least seemed to sense that there was something fishy in Denmark.  I realize he lives in the Netherlands, but the adage uses Denmark, so I decided that was close enough, lol.  And why didn't he go all the way to CT to break up with her?  Why make her take a trip to meet him in NYC?  Just when I think he can't get any worse!

Rachel and Jon - Looked like a fake fight, just to make a scene for this week's episode.

Marta and Algerian guy - Another pointless "filler" scene.  Talking to her friend at a gym about the relationship.  There wasn't even any new info, other than he still hasn't written the letter.  Booorrinnggg.

Paul and Karine - spoiler alerts.  It was sad she lost the baby.  My cold heart even softened a little to see everyone in tears.  This wasn't in the episode, but she is pregnant again.

-----------------------------

Speaking of Paul, I'm excited to see a Paul 2.0 in the upcoming 90DF season starting in a few weeks.  33 years old and living with his mom.  His fiancée is a much younger 19-year-old from Mexico.  19, smh.  I'm a little surprised this is the first couple where one of them is from Mexico.  Especially since it borders the U.S., I'd think there are tons of marriages between a U.S. and Mexican citizen.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My heart softened for Paul and Karinne too 

Darcy and Jesse meeting in the park is so awkward!!!!!  And her crying like she knows exactly what is coming was a little sad too even though they need to end things 
  • Options
    Why did they have the CiCi hour with Darcy’s sister?? So strange

Oh Sean and Abby 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Why did they have the CiCi hour with Darcy’s sister?? So strange

Oh Sean and Abby 

I did see these parts of the after show.  Although they are identical, I noticed that Stacey's face is a little fuller and softer looking than Darcey's.  And apparently Stacey is dating her own overseas man.  I don't know why CiCi didn't ask the obvious question...are THEY going to be on 90DF someday, lol?

Fun to get the scoop that Sean and Abby broke up earlier this year.  It was hilarious when CiCi asked if Abby prefers white, older, American men.  And she said something like, "No, of course not!  It's okay if they're British or Canadian also."  Apparently any first world country will do, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ok I thought CiCi was Darcy's sister. Her name is Stacey?  I guess I thought she said CiCi hahahhahaha

I only watched part of the Live stuff, I didn't find it interesting aside from the interview with Abby and I stopped after that. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Ok I thought CiCi was Darcy's sister. Her name is Stacey?  I guess I thought she said CiCi hahahhahaha

I only watched part of the Live stuff, I didn't find it interesting aside from the interview with Abby and I stopped after that. 

Haha!  And I assumed the hostess name was CiCi because I thought that was who you were referring to.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LOL no idea who the host was.  

Just looked it up - Michelle Collins. 
  • Options
    Where the hell do Darcy’s kids live?
  • Options
    debbeau said:
    Where the hell do Darcy’s kids live?

I'm pretty sure they live in CT.  I've gotten the impression that Darcey and her ex share custody of them.  I also have the impression that the ex lives in about the same area.

On the after show, the sister Stacey mentioned there was a trip to Disney World with Darcey, Jesse, and the two girls.  I almost feel betrayed, lol.  That was a whole big trip with the four of them, that we didn't get to see any filming of.  Nor was it mentioned at any time in the actual show.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Somehow I doubt Disney World was the happiest place on earth for them
  • Options
    I thought it was pretty obvious that Jesse wanted to break up in person so he could get one more trip to the US out of it.  He was always way to interested in the NYC for my tastes.

As long as we are talking about other trashy MAFS-type shows (which apparently I need to start watching), did anyone watch the Spouse House?

• Options
    ...this weird scene where Darcey is getting new veneers.  I am so naive when it comes to this kind of stuff because I never think anyone has had any work done until they smack me in the face with it.

• Options
    I’m still two weeks behind, but I will say I do feel terrible about Paul and Karine! Jessie wanted to inflict as much pain as possible on Darcey - why come that far to break up with someone. He’s terrible. 
  • Options
    I’m still two weeks behind, but I will say I do feel terrible about Paul and Karine! Jessie wanted to inflict as much pain as possible on Darcey - why come that far to break up with someone. He’s terrible. 
    I'm usually watching right on Sun. night.  But didn't have a chance last night.  Not sure when I'll get to it this week.  Oh, but I will!  lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jon not wanting to wear a wedding ring and acting like it isn’t a common thing. Wtf

paul showeringkarinne with a gazillion stuffed animals. I can’t fogure out if those were ones she already had or if he bought a ton more. The stuffed animal thing has always been weird 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2018
    Jon - you lost/quit your job because of taking the week off to spend time with Rachel when both of you are paycheck to paycheck and you have a bunch of student loans. Perhaps think that stuff through before quitting a job!!!!

edit: so is the Marta storyline just a hoax or what 

edit again: when Tarik leaves is the first time Hazel seems to show any emotion and actually look like she cares about him

and Darcy and Jesse breakup sex. Of course they did. And their version of the story is way different 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    Jon not wanting to wear a wedding ring and acting like it isn’t a common thing. Wtf

paul showeringkarinne with a gazillion stuffed animals. I can’t fogure out if those were ones she already had or if he bought a ton more. The stuffed animal thing has always been weird 

I caught up last night!  While I think most men do wear their wedding rings, I was also rolling my eyes at the jewelry guy who said he's never heard of a man who doesn't.  Because THAT is a ridiculous statement also.  Men who work in the trades often don't wear wedding rings for safety reasons.  My own father was an electrician and the only time he wore his wedding ring was when he was on vacation.  But, on the day-to-day, he didn't bother taking it on/off.  He just left it off.

My own H doesn't wear a wedding ring for the same reason Jon mentioned.  Because he doesn't like the feel of it and doesn't like to wear any jewelry.  I don't care in the slightest.  I actually found Rachel's stance a little bit ridiculous.  Either she trusts him or she doesn't.  If he's going to cheat on her, he's going to cheat on her.  Whether he wears a wedding ring or not does not make the slightest bit of difference.

I am HUGELY side-eyeing the Jon had to quit his job to get married b.s.  HUGELY!!!!!  I want the real story on that.  I'd bet dollars to doughnuts he got fired for something else.  From what I understand, people in England (and most of Europe) get a lot more vacation time than their U.S. counterparts and companies are usually pretty liberal with allowing people to take them.  I'd think he easily could have scheduled the wedding for when he could have gotten the time off.  Or, worst case scenario, gone to work for the week she was there and gotten married on one of his days off that week.  But just quitting his job was super, super dumb.

I was cracking up that the show kept focusing on an attractive woman during the dinner, every time Rachel mentioned being upset that Jon's ex-g/f was going to be there.  And then it turned out to be Jon's cousin and the ex-g/f didn't show up at all.  Way to lay on the thick and non-existent drama, TLC.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ricky - is he for real? He loves her, wants to marry her, but tells his (ex?) wife he isn’t serious about her. This poor girl. Don’t you have to be divorced first before planning the K1 visa? 

Jon and Rachel - the facts keep trickling out. He lost his job, he has 50k of student loan debt, what is the next shoe to drop.

Darcey and Jessie- is this really over?

Tatik and Hazel - that’s a mystery to me.

Angela and Michael - she should cut her losses at $600 and run.