Wedding Woes

90-Day Fiance discussions

Re: 90-Day Fiance discussions

• Ro041 said:
    I agree completely, but this season's seemed to be especially icky (for the most part).

Agreed!  I also just noticed that "icky" is only one letter off from Ricky, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm only part way through Sunday's episode. Holy fuck, Paul is such a gas lighting POS. Announcing there that he wants a DNA test, and the way he kept saying "sweetheart", without even apologizing. I hate him. 
  • What a cluster f#&$. Paul wanting a DNA test. What a jackass.  Angela has lost her mind. Hopefully she doesn’t go back to Nigeria to try to find it. Ricky is just the lowest piece of garbage. Darcy and Jessie makes my head spin.

sSo is this the end of a really messed up season?
  • debbeau said:
    What a cluster f#&$. Paul wanting a DNA test. What a jackass.  Angela has lost her mind. Hopefully she doesn’t go back to Nigeria to try to find it. Ricky is just the lowest piece of garbage. Darcy and Jessie makes my head spin.

Yes! lol.  This Sunday will be the first episode of the newest 90 Day Fiance season.  90DF...the original, lol.

There is already a Paul 2.0!  Colt.  He's 33 years old, is also a mama's boy and still lives with her.  His love interest is also Brazilian (Larissa).  Though, at least at 31 years old, she isn't still practically a child.  Hopefully for Larissa's sake, he at least isn't the scary, stalking, psychopath that Paul is.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • debbeau said:
    What a cluster f#&$. Paul wanting a DNA test. What a jackass.  Angela has lost her mind. Hopefully she doesn’t go back to Nigeria to try to find it. Ricky is just the lowest piece of garbage. Darcy and Jessie makes my head spin.

Yes! lol.  This Sunday will be the first episode of the newest 90 Day Fiance season.  90DF...the original, lol.

There is already a Paul 2.0!  Colt.  He's 33 years old, is also a mama's boy and still lives with her.  His love interest is also Brazilian (Larissa).  Though, at least at 31 years old, she isn't still practically a child.  Hopefully for Larissa's sake, he at least isn't the scary, stalking, psychopath that Paul is.

I don’t know if i can go through it again. I have been watching for. While but this season was really different.
  • I’m finally watching the tell all

Paul: why did they have his mom on there to say absolutely nothing? I read that a DNA test is necessary to bring the baby to the US and it could be legit and they just spun it to make it sound like he thought she cheated 

Angela: that just seemed like a fake breakup with her storming off. Not saying she wasn’t mad but just as usual the extra drama 

jon: anyone else notice his cup he drinks from at the beginning that says “Husband Father King”. 

• And another thing - why is Jesse the only one who got to come live? I mean 2 of them are married and we’ve determined Jon could come if he wants to so why keep playing the drama 
  • Omg why are Jesse pants so short? It’s like he has on highwaters with short socks 
  • Jesse looked so orange! 
  • kvruns said:
    I’m finally watching the tell all

Paul: why did they have his mom on there to say absolutely nothing? I read that a DNA test is necessary to bring the baby to the US and it could be legit and they just spun it to make it sound like he thought she cheated 

Angela: that just seemed like a fake breakup with her storming off. Not saying she wasn’t mad but just as usual the extra drama 

jon: anyone else notice his cup he drinks from at the beginning that says “Husband Father King”. 

Interesting!  I did not.

This is one of the reasons I am so glad you are part of this thread, @kvruns!  This isn't the first time I've been impressed at how observant you are of the small details, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think Paul needs to ask Jon for a DNA test on baby Lucy to see if he really is the dad
  • kvruns said:
    I think Paul needs to ask Jon for a DNA test on baby Lucy to see if he really is the dad
    The 90DF Internet groups are definitely asking for that, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2018
    Anyone watching the new season?

Ashley and Jamaica guy: her last relationships ended because they cheated on her but she doesn’t care what he’s doing while she’s not there with him. What?!

Yes he sounds so “mature” like she said. Saying he stole his fathers woman, lost his virginity at 8 (?!), the vibration of his tattoo gun turns girls on? Just shut up dude. 

Colt aka Paul 2.0:  omg the cats in the outfits. Wow. You do you but funny that is how they first show him. He looks way different in his side interviews vs tapes convos with her. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    edited October 2018
    Jonathan: he’s a nice looking guy! He’s wearing what looks like a ring on his left hand. Male engagement ring? Sounds like he’s been Bank rolling her life too 

seems like more and more of the story lines are people meeting on vacation vs the internet dating sites of past seasons. 

Wisconsin guy - Eric? : he is 40 and looks 50. I like that Leida said she was a model, actress, teacher, med school grad, and pageant queen. And he was skeptical but yet here we are. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    edited October 2018
    kalani and Aseulu: her sister doesn’t want her in the house when he arrives so she is moving into an air bnb. What?? That can’t be cost effective. Now maybe her family owns it so really it is free but otherwise wouldn’t you look for a real rental? 

And this seems appropriate for them too

• I don't believe that Eric guy is 40. I also don't believe Ashley is only 31. They both look so much older. 

Colt and the cats in outfits and his mom. I can't. 

Also wondering why Leida is leaving such a pampered life in Jakarta to live in a tiny apartment in WI? 
  • I was going to watch the new show last night.  My DVR service didn't tape it!  It shows it's taping for this week.  I dunno.  And that channel isn't available to me for my On Demand service, smh.   I guess I'll have to watch the show directly on the TLC website.

Thanks everyone for a little bit more "preview", lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I’m reluctant to watch this season after the cluster f&#$ the last one was. Does it seem like it will be worth it?
  • I'm sure it will be similar to years past. This time I think only 3 are online dating and the rest met on vacation. There are some interesting dynamics as I think 2 couples ended up having kids before the K1 process so it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    edited October 2018
    Steven (name edit, I said David LOL) (? The kid from MD) - this one was interesting since they met in the US while she was on vacation. How can he afford it when he doesn’t even have a stable place to stay??
  • Omg Jay just needs to stop talking. Like always. He’s so full of himself 
  • I am still a week behind, but watched the first show of the new season a couple days ago.

Kalani and Asuelu -- Or, should I say, Kalani and her sister, lol?  90% of this episode portion was some pointless fight between her and her sister over her "lies" that Asuelu cheated on her.  Come on TLC!  It's the first episode and I'm already bored with this couple, lol.  Though I see potential.  Moving from a rural island to Orange County, CA, of all places!, is going to be a serious culture shock.  It's a very busy, very urban place.

Eric and Leida -- Oh my.  I see what you all are saying.  I have the TLC site also open on my browser.  So I'd know people's names, lol.  And I just saw that Eric is supposedly 40.  GTFO.  I thought he was in his 50s, maybe early 60s.  I just found them confusing because I don't understand what Leida is doing with this guy.  Why is she leaving a life of privilege for this guy who is 10 years older than her and looks 20 years older than her?  And, on top of that, lives in a small place with his daughter and grandchild.

Jonathan and Fernanda -- He's an egotistical bore.  She's high maintenance along with very young and clueless.  I'm sure this will go well, lol.  Is he some supposedly high-flying real estate agent, but renting a house?!?  That would be exceedingly unusual for a real estate agent who's been in the biz for at least a few years.  I mean, unless he sold his last house just for her and either bought a new one or he's renting in the meantime.  All of that struck the "something's off" chord with me.

Ashley and Jay -- WTF is she THINKING?!?  This guy seems exceedingly young and immature.  And that's okay.  He's only 20.  But leave the hard partying, club guys at the club.  Don't marry them, FFS.

Colt (Paul 2.0) and Larissa -- She must desperately want to get out of Brazil, lol.  He's seems broke.  Curious where all his money goes.  Not only still living with his mom in his 30s, but his mom also does EVERYTHING for him, smh.  So, buckle up Larissa, guess who's going to be expected to cook all his meals for him and do all his laundry next?  Then again, it seems like he has no intention of ever living separate from his mom.  I'm curious about that.  Because it would be natural for him and Larissa to get their own place now.  But not the vibe I was getting.  Run, girl, run.  This guy is a 5-alarm nightmare in so many ways. 

Steven and Olga -- haven't seen them yet.  But the bio is they are both only 20-years-old.  She accidentally got pregnant.  And now she is moving to the US to marry Steven.  Yikes.  None of this bodes well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree something was off with Jonathan and the real estate biz. I'm thinking he wants to be in real estate and is newer to it and hoping this will help grow the biz.  Not to mention the house barely had any furniture and of course the supposed pair of underwear in the dresser he hasn't used in years. whatever. 
  • kvruns said:
    I agree something was off with Jonathan and the real estate biz. I'm thinking he wants to be in real estate and is newer to it and hoping this will help grow the biz.  Not to mention the house barely had any furniture and of course the supposed pair of underwear in the dresser he hasn't used in years. whatever. 

Apparently he and TLC thought the 90DF audience needed physical proof of what a ladie's man bachelor he had previously been (eye roll).  Telling us that over a dozen times wasn't enough, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Omg Larissa - she hates Vegas, the house, everything. She’s being a witch to them and acting rude. Now living with your future MIL might not be a good idea but she is rude about everything on day 1!!

I still hate Jay. And he and his dad sat there doing random high five routines the entire conversation. Weird. 

• Steven bringing the boppy and nursing covers was cute. Although she seemed to look at him like why didn’t you bring other stuff. Is he supposed to pack a swing and high chair in the suitcase??
  • I am caught up now!

Kalani and Asuelu - I can't believe the sister's nose was getting so jealous because her nephew's FATHER was playing with him and holding him.  There is something wrong with her.  And everyone acting like "oh no! Asuelu taking care of a baby, but he has no idea/experience what he's doing".  Kalani had no experience either, less than a year ago.  The rampant gender stereotypes from everyone are getting really tiring.

Eric and Leida - I still don't get them.  I'm not seeing a connection at all.  Though I like that he is positive and caring with her son. 

Jonathan and Fernanda - omg, she needs to get over the underwear already.  She seems to believe him.  She's been reassured by his friend.  Let it goooooo.  I think it was fake staged for the show anyway.  But still, if it's even real, he's obviously not the most organized guy and I could see it being thrown in a drawer and forgotten about.

Colt (Paul 2.0) and Larissa - TLC tricked me on this one.  I thought he was going to be the person I couldn't stand, lol.  I can't believe how rude and awful Larissa is being.  I get there is a lot she isn't happy about.  But these are conversations she can have with Colt, over a bit of time.  No need to s**t on everyone the first day.   And Colt?  How about he make his own frickin' breakfast sometimes, smh.  I couldn't stand being with a guy that coddled.  But I guess some women go for that type.

Steven and Olga - I was surprised to find that I really like him.  He is so young and clueless.  But, God Bless'em, his heart is in the right place and he's trying.  At least at this point, he is determined to be the father he didn't have himself and I commend him for that.  Especially when it would have been so easy for him to have just thrown his hands up and had nothing to do with Olga.

Ashley and Jay - I actually liked Jay better than I thought I would.  I still think they are a ridiculous couple and he isn't ready to settle down.  But he was making me laugh.  Especially when he was freaking out about the cold, lol.  Ashley better buy that guy some winter gear, pronto.  That scene with his dad WAS weird, though!  It looked like the dad came down by taxi.  Just to spend 5 minutes fist bumping with his son.  And then left again.  Really?  No time to hang out for a meal or a few hours before his son leaves for America?  Oookkkaaayyy.  I'm wondering if his dad isn't closer in age to Ashley than Jay is, hahaha!

Overall, I think there is nothing to really talk about with Kalani/Asuelu, Eric/Leida, and Jonathan/Fernanda at this point, so the show just keeps harping on the same boring 1-2 issues that each of those couples has.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree that Steven is the most endearing so far and Colt isn't quite as weird as I thought he might be, or maybe it is just hidden with Larissa's awfulness.

Jay - ummm I'm not sure we can be friends if you like him. The taxi thing - I thought the dad was the taxi driver so he was just stopping by between pickups. 
  • I'm only halfway through Sunday's episode. 

There is no way Eric is 40. There is no way Ashley is 31. 

I actually cannot stand Colt and his mother. Colt constantly referring to her as "mother". Ick. Their relationship is super creepy to me. Sorry not sorry, but their house is terrible as well, and I'd hate it too. Not even a damn couch? I wonder if he took Larissa to see anything else, or just that overrated Vegas sign. 

• I have only watched the first episode.  I didn't know if I had it in me to go through another 90DF season.  So far, it's not a complete dumpster fire, so I guess that's good.