Wedding Woes
Options

Almost Friday!

So, I had my own little snow day yesterday. My sister had stayed at the house Tuesday night (walked from the train station and left her car there) but the roads were terrible when I went to bring her back to her car yesterday morning. So we said “fuck it” and went to breakfast. We tried again at like 10 and everything was better so she went in. I’m sitting there, looking at the 2 emails in my inbox, neither of which are important, thinking, “Why am I even going to try?” and emailed work. I stayed home all day.

But I cleaned and purged a ton more shit. Was able to get all of the kitchen-related stuff into the actual kitchen! No more crockpots in random closets and extra food in the furnace room! I think I’m done purging, with the exception of H’s closet. I cleaned out my closet and finally got rid of everything I’d been saving as “well maybe I could wear this for X situation that will never actually happen”. But I did take pictures of me in my 8th grade graduation dance dress and my homecoming and prom dresses. Because my 31 year old ass fits in a dress I got when I was 14 and that feels pretty damned good.

Excited for Prudie today! Even being out yesterday, I have nothing to do at work.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Almost Friday!

• Options
    Omg, I would never be able to fit into a dress I wore at 14. That was 24 years ago, and I definitely was very skinny back then. I can, however, still fit into my wedding dress and I'm happy about that. 

Speaking of dresses, my BM dress for my brother's wedding came. And while the bottom part fits, the top part is way too tiny to cover my chest. So now I need to exchange it and I can't find my receipt. 
  • Options
    Happy birthday @mrsconn23!! Sounds like a good day up until the puking part! Hope you’re feeling better today. 

Not much here. Still fighting this stupid cold. I’d almost rather be totally sick so I could stay home and sleep. This is just annoying enough where I want to nap but I don’t feel bad enough not to be at work. 

Not much here. It’s still snowing and we’re supposed to get another 10-16 inches tomorrow. If that happens and I’m still not feeling great I’m either calling in or working from home. 
  • Options
    I was 85-90 pounds for my prom dress. I’m very overweight now, but I don’t think I’d want to be that skinny again. I like having some boobs and ass. 

I’m about to go to the DMV too and I’m dreading it. I’ve heard they can be finicky with your identifying documents, even if you bring the right ones listed. The DMV is also not known for their helpfulness. 

I might go to clinic after DMV. Then gym tonight with FSIL. I work tomorrow and I’m a little bummed. I would like a few more days to recover first. I’m still feeling my 80 hour work week from last week. 

Happy belated birthday @mrsconn23

• Options
    Happy birthday @mrsconn23!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @mrsconn23! Nothing much going on here. I'm super tired today and don't really know why. I see a nap in my future. I had a massage yesterday with a new masseuse. She did a foot massage that was OMG amazing. It hurt at first but ended up very relaxing. She said I had some major knots in my feet. I know I carry tension in my shoulders (which she totally worked on) but my feet??
  • Options
    Happy Birthday MrsConn! Yesterday was crappy weather for sure but I hope the cupcake at least made it better!
  • Options
    How is it Thursday already? Between being off on Monday and working from home yesterday I'm so confused. As weird as it sounds I'm not ready for the weekend just yet so I need a slow day first. 

My H's birthday is on Monday. Luckily I have had his presents forever but I need to order a cake to pick up on the way home from work that day and then probably figure out something for us to have for dinner that night too. I don't want to think 4 days ahead though.
  • Options
    Happy belated birthday, mrs.conn!!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

Happy birthday MrsConn! 

• Options
    SSDD.  Not too much going on here, which is still nice.  I've been so sleepy lately and I can't decide if it's my meal plan or if it's b/c it's too damn cold for humans to go outside here and my body knows this.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    SSDD.  Not too much going on here, which is still nice.  I've been so sleepy lately and I can't decide if it's my meal plan or if it's b/c it's too damn cold for humans to go outside here and my body knows this.
    Truth. 
  • Options
    That is awesome, SSC - the stuff you were able to get done around the house AND fitting in those dresses.  I had a movie montage in my mind of the 27 dresses show... but with dresses you actually liked because you got say in them 😁

happy belated Mrsconn23. Hope the cupcake was yummy!

Ugh to anyone dealing with BMV or DMV crap!  I feel for you.  

SSDD for me.  I’m thinking of going to the movies tonight by my lonesome.  Second Act.  Proabably will it the time lines up.  

• Options

I'm equally excited and scared to watch the Marie Kondo show on Netflix.  I'm starting to get overwhelmed about the amount of crap we have in our house, but at the same time, I definitely hold on to things far longer than necessary (so does H) so it will be hard to part with things I know I need to get rid of.  SSC I'm super impressed about the purging of stuff AND the fitting in that dress! 

Last year my personal focus was getting back in the gym regularly and getting into better shape.  I pretty happy with my progress, feel a lot better and have dropped almost 20 lbs just focusing on exercise. 

This year I want to focus specifically on losing weight.  I generally eat pretty healthy but have been noticing I really have problems with portion size, resisting leftovers/snacks at work, and reigning it in when we eat out (which is not often).  Anyone have suggestions for how to remain focused in those situations?  I want to balance enjoying food but not being so restrictive that I completely cut out food groups which I think is unrealistic for me in the long term.

• Options
    So happy that it's Thursday. I took Monday off but this has still felt like a very long week. Nothing exciting going on tonight except a 3 mile run and cooking dinner. I might watch one of the Fyre Festival documentaries.

@mrsconn23 Happy birthday!

@ShesSoCold I'm impressed that you could still fit into a dress from 8th grade! I could probably still fit into a prom dress but definitely nothing earlier than that.

@Casadena Have you tried using MyFitnessPal for food tracking? I find that when I do use it and I'm committed to tracking my meals, I'm much better with portion control and not letting myself fall into bad habits. I don't do well with restrictive diets (Whole30 gave me horrible anxiety) but MyFitnessPal was helpful in that I could still eat what I want, but physically seeing the amount of calories/fat/sugar in my food choices made me more conscious of what I was choosing to eat, and ultimately made better choices.
  • Options

Happy Birthday MrsConn!

Not much here either.  Most of yesterday afternoon and evening, I was thinking it was Thursday.  So I was bummed when I realized it was Wednesday again!  I have my final contacts fitting today at the eye doctor and I'm trying to figure out if I want to get the more "advanced" type or go with the basics for my brand.  The advanced pair is supposed to help with blue light from computers, phones and TVs.  I don't really feel too much of a difference, but maybe if I can try them for more than 1 week, I might be able to determine if I like them better.

DD woke up around 5 AM this morning and cried off and on for over an hour.  She wasn't even moving around in her crib, so she might have been crying in her sleep.  She has done this before, but never this long.  I hope this doesn't continue.

• Options

Happy belated @mrsconn23!  Sorry about the puking.  That does not sound fun.

@Casedana- I really like the meal plan with 21 Day Fix.  You can find the plan anywhere and not buy their stupid containers.  Pretty much it's 3 cups veggies, 2 cups fruits, 4 (3/4 cup) portions of protein, 2 (1/2 cup) portions of carbs, 1/4 cup healthy fats, 2 T oil, 2 teaspoons seeds.  Just measuring things in cups was kind of eye opening.  I like that it doesn't say no to this food or that.  It even says you can replace the carb with a glass of wine (honestly I drink waaaay more than that).

• Options
    kvruns said:
    I was also picturing 27 dresses and the dancing around/trying on part. Or I suppose Sex and the City movie where Carrie is trying to clean out her closet before the move and they are all going through her old 90s clothes. 
    LOL I've never seen either of those but I did try everything on and H watched. We had fun with it. He kept wanting me to keep the dresses! Sure, it might fit, but when and where am I going to wear a prom dress from 2003?! 

I'm starving. I need to figure out low-point snacks for the office. 

Casadena, I use Weight Watchers and that's helped me SO MUCH with the mindless eating. I always pre-track so I know the points value of whatever I want to eat and I can see if it's worth it. Like, if I'm walking by a plate of cookies, I grab one. How bad can one cookie be?! Well, had I pre-tracked, I would have known that this cookie is 9 points and definitely NOT worth it! I didn't personally like my fitness pal but I think it works similarly and is free. Even just physically writing down what I'm eating helps reel it in.
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2019
    Happy belated @mrsconn23 and all the props to those of you who fit into dresses from long ago.  Glad the baby is feeling better @sparklepants41

No word from my dad yet (he’s at the hospital with my mom). I love the work involved with the new position but it’s only a 3-day a week opening. Interestingly enough the pay is about the same (public schools pay much better than Catholic).  She’s interviewing tomorrow and into next week so I hope I made a good impression.  I’ll hear next week.

I think NYC is trying to set a rainfall record today  :|

Edit- didn’t see your post but @Casadena I’ve had a lot of success with 2b mindset this past year.  The founder is a Registered Dietitian (as opposed to a fitspo) and has lost over 100lbs herself. (Not saying you have to lose 100..I didn’t either...but it’s a guide to being more mindful).
  • Options
    eileenrob said:

No word from my dad yet (he’s at the hospital with my mom). I love the work involved with the new position but it’s only a 3-day a week opening. Interestingly enough the pay is about the same (public schools pay much better than Catholic).  She’s interviewing tomorrow and into next week so I hope I made a good impression.  I’ll hear next week.

Do you think you would take it if offered? 3 days of work for the same pay sounds mighty tempting to me (assuming other benefits are comparable)

Hope you hear from your dad soon
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    I was also picturing 27 dresses and the dancing around/trying on part. Or I suppose Sex and the City movie where Carrie is trying to clean out her closet before the move and they are all going through her old 90s clothes. 
    LOL I've never seen either of those but I did try everything on and H watched. We had fun with it. He kept wanting me to keep the dresses! Sure, it might fit, but when and where am I going to wear a prom dress from 2003?! 

I'm starving. I need to figure out low-point snacks for the office. 

Casadena, I use Weight Watchers and that's helped me SO MUCH with the mindless eating. I always pre-track so I know the points value of whatever I want to eat and I can see if it's worth it. Like, if I'm walking by a plate of cookies, I grab one. How bad can one cookie be?! Well, had I pre-tracked, I would have known that this cookie is 9 points and definitely NOT worth it! I didn't personally like my fitness pal but I think it works similarly and is free. Even just physically writing down what I'm eating helps reel it in.
    Ditto what she said.  But I got tired of paying $26 a month for WW so downloaded itrackbites instead.  I went “pro” at only $35.99/yr (but you can do it for free even though I heard the search food sucks) and so far it’s pretty damn close to WW. ‘Cept you can pick calories, ww freestyle, or the other 2 old WW programs. Flex or whatever they call it? You can switch programs to find what works for you.  

• Options
    Glad you passed - I would have been nervous too! My license accidentally expired last year (or maybe 2 years ago) and I was afraid I'd have to retake a test or even the driving test. Fortunately I didn't have to since it was less than 6 months expired