Wedding Woes
Options

Happy Tuesday!

2»

Re: Happy Tuesday!

• Options
    We just got the call that we're closed tomorrow.  I'm glad they didn't dick around on making a decision until tomorrow morning. 
  • Options
    I'm not going to leave the house tomorrow! I was out running an errand today for the non-for profit for which I volunteer, and I thought I was going to blow away and freeze! We have tickets for Broadway in Indianapolis tonight and I'd rather just stay home!
  • Options
    I just spoke to coworkers in Green Bay who advised that the high tomorrow is minus 17.  
  • Options
    @eileenrob, I’m so sorry about your student. Sending healing vibes for your mom.

@mrsconn23, that’s fantastic news! So happy for you and your mom.

Most county buildings are essential employees only tomorrow. I thought that might mean I had to go in (I’m basically the office manager), but my boss told all us support staff that we could stay home tomorrow. DW was supposed to have a doctor’s appointment, but her doctor rescheduled for Friday. 
  • Options
    This is our forecast for the next week. And people say climate change isn’t real. SMDH.

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2019
    Casadena said:

I got up and shoveled the driveway this morning and it was super cold.  The snow and roads (in the N/NW Chicago burbs) were AWFUL yesterday and we had freezing rain and snow all day until about 7pm.  Even though it's below zero all day today, at least it's sunny for the moment and I'm wearing new shoes. 

Hi neighbor!  Lake County over here!
    Our district was one of the few that opted for a late start vs complete snow day and I was so glad they did!  Every district has called out tomorrow; many have called out Thursday as well.  I am hoping we may rebound enough to consider another late start.  
    I am a bit surprised as to what else is closing tomorrow.  At least locally, Trader Joe's, some banks, waste management, and a few small restaurants have already said they will be closed.  I get it.  Why risk the welfare of your employees at the chance you won't even have customers?  Growing up, most everything was closed on Sundays and holidays.  I find it a bit humbling to be reminded that a little less of everything can be OK.  I did read one Facebook comment that said, "My Starbucks near the office better be open tomorrow."  Or.....you could pack a thermos LOL  Stay warm!  Agree with the sun.  It's a mind game but a good one!

• Options
    Dh’s campus is closed tomorrow. Too bad he’s an essential employee. 
  • Options
    MobKaz said:
    Casadena said:

I got up and shoveled the driveway this morning and it was super cold.  The snow and roads (in the N/NW Chicago burbs) were AWFUL yesterday and we had freezing rain and snow all day until about 7pm.  Even though it's below zero all day today, at least it's sunny for the moment and I'm wearing new shoes. 

Hi neighbor!  Lake County over here!
    Our district was one of the few that opted for a late start vs complete snow day and I was so glad they did!  Every district has called out tomorrow; many have called out Thursday as well.  I am hoping we may rebound enough to consider another late start.  
    I am a bit surprised as to what else is closing tomorrow.  At least locally, Trader Joe's, some banks, waste management, and a few small restaurants have already said they will be closed.  I get it.  Why risk the welfare of your employees at the chance you won't even have customers?  Growing up, most everything was closed on Sundays and holidays.  I find it a bit humbling to be reminded that a little less of everything can be OK.  I did read one Facebook comment that said, "My Starbucks near the office better be open tomorrow."  Or.....you could pack a thermos LOL  Stay warm!  Agree with the sun.  It's a mind game but a good one!

DD told me that SIL is working from home today because his company and many others told their employees not to come in since the trains have trouble running in this weather. I think that is pretty smart. They live in a northern burb and he takes the train into the city every day. It would be horrible to get stuck on a train or at a stop in this weather! Stay safe and warm! I'm not leaving the house today!