Attire & Accessories Forum

Veil storage

My wedding is just over 9 months away, but I already have my veil.  I found the expensive veil I fell in love with at the bridal store for less than $50 on Amazon.  However, since my wedding isn't anytime soon, I'm not sure how to store it.  I don't know how good it could be for the fabric to store it in the plastic bag it came in.  Any suggestions? I know it needs to be in away from sunlight and dust/dirt, but not sure that I should leave it hanging in a garment bag just yet.  Thanks!  

Re: Veil storage

• It'll be fine in the bag it came in for now.  Just leave it in that or hung up in a closet then carefully (key word, needs to be a VERY cool iron) steam/press it out a couple weeks before your wedding so it looks fresh.  
  • MesmrEwe said:
    It'll be fine in the bag it came in for now.  Just leave it in that or hung up in a closet then carefully (key word, needs to be a VERY cool iron) steam/press it out a couple weeks before your wedding so it looks fresh.  
    Or take it to a good seamstress or dry cleaner and ask them to steam/press it for you.
  • DD wore my veil for her wedding. The shop where she bought her dress steamed the veil for her, but that might not work since your store has the same veil. I would do what @OurWildKingdom suggests. If it is a long veil, doing it yourself could be difficult.

• MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2019
    MesmrEwe said:
    It'll be fine in the bag it came in for now.  Just leave it in that or hung up in a closet then carefully (key word, needs to be a VERY cool iron) steam/press it out a couple weeks before your wedding so it looks fresh.  
    Or take it to a good seamstress or dry cleaner and ask them to steam/press it for you.
    The reason for suggesting a DIY is the cost - lots of places around here are in the $50+ range to just press something out...  It's CRAZY! (My daughter's First Communion Dress they wanted $110 JUST to press it out, not clean it, just press it!)
  • Oh this is a good question! As long as you store your veil in a temperature-controlled area (such as a closet), then you should be good. A few weeks before your wedding, you can bring it out and start to de-wrinkle it just by hanging it up. r you can have it professionally steamed. But as some people mentioned, it can be expensive to have your veil professionally steamed. 
  • Oh this is a good question! As long as you store your veil in a temperature-controlled area (such as a closet), then you should be good. A few weeks before your wedding, you can bring it out and start to de-wrinkle it just by hanging it up. r you can have it professionally steamed. But as some people mentioned, it can be expensive to have your veil professionally steamed. 
    This thread is over a year and a half old and considered to be a zombie thread. Please check the dates before replying.