Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Veil storage

My wedding is just over 9 months away, but I already have my veil.  I found the expensive veil I fell in love with at the bridal store for less than $50 on Amazon.  However, since my wedding isn't anytime soon, I'm not sure how to store it.  I don't know how good it could be for the fabric to store it in the plastic bag it came in.  Any suggestions? I know it needs to be in away from sunlight and dust/dirt, but not sure that I should leave it hanging in a garment bag just yet.  Thanks!  

Re: Veil storage

• Options
    It'll be fine in the bag it came in for now.  Just leave it in that or hung up in a closet then carefully (key word, needs to be a VERY cool iron) steam/press it out a couple weeks before your wedding so it looks fresh.  
  • Options
    MesmrEwe said:
    It'll be fine in the bag it came in for now.  Just leave it in that or hung up in a closet then carefully (key word, needs to be a VERY cool iron) steam/press it out a couple weeks before your wedding so it looks fresh.  
    Or take it to a good seamstress or dry cleaner and ask them to steam/press it for you.
  • Options
    DD wore my veil for her wedding. The shop where she bought her dress steamed the veil for her, but that might not work since your store has the same veil. I would do what @OurWildKingdom suggests. If it is a long veil, doing it yourself could be difficult.

• Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2019
    MesmrEwe said:
    Or take it to a good seamstress or dry cleaner and ask them to steam/press it for you.
    The reason for suggesting a DIY is the cost - lots of places around here are in the $50+ range to just press something out...  It's CRAZY! (My daughter's First Communion Dress they wanted $110 JUST to press it out, not clean it, just press it!)
  • Options
    Oh this is a good question! As long as you store your veil in a temperature-controlled area (such as a closet), then you should be good. A few weeks before your wedding, you can bring it out and start to de-wrinkle it just by hanging it up. r you can have it professionally steamed. But as some people mentioned, it can be expensive to have your veil professionally steamed. 
  • Options
    Oh this is a good question! As long as you store your veil in a temperature-controlled area (such as a closet), then you should be good. A few weeks before your wedding, you can bring it out and start to de-wrinkle it just by hanging it up. r you can have it professionally steamed. But as some people mentioned, it can be expensive to have your veil professionally steamed. 
    This thread is over a year and a half old and considered to be a zombie thread. Please check the dates before replying.