Wedding Woes

You’re doing it wrong : Facebook edition

2»

Re: You’re doing it wrong : Facebook edition

• I hate selling shit on fb .... I barely get views. I think my marketplace is fucked.

I also now want Tropical Skittles because they are the best. Don't try to convince me otherwise.
  • Multiple graduation posts for a kid moving to the next grade, with graduation gowns and everything. Seriously, one snap at the end of the year I’m all about. But a cap and gown and seven separate posts because a kid went from the 3 room to the 4s and I’m hard core eye rolling.  
    Omg, I have a friend doing this about her niece. She's posted every single one of this girl's senior photos (not a thing around here). Multiple posts every week. Ok, I get it. Your niece is graduating HS. Can we move on now?
  • We HAVE kids and DH rolls his eyes hardcore at commencement ceremonies for them.

"He's going off to Kindergarten and isn't graduating.   Do we need to go to this?"  

• banana468 said:
    We HAVE kids and DH rolls his eyes hardcore at commencement ceremonies for them.

"He's going off to Kindergarten and isn't graduating.   Do we need to go to this?"  
    I'm mixed feelings about it. Kindergarten to grade 1 is a huge change, but at the same time it's like you're staying at the same school ... not graduating to high school ...
    Idk I may feel different with BabyKitten goes to school
  • banana468 said:
    We HAVE kids and DH rolls his eyes hardcore at commencement ceremonies for them.

I'm mixed feelings about it. Kindergarten to grade 1 is a huge change, but at the same time it's like you're staying at the same school ... not graduating to high school ...
    Our youngest is going from preschool to K next year.   They have a "graduation lunch" where the kids wear caps and gowns and do a presentation.

Plenty of these steps are big.   But there's no diploma that counts until he's out of HS. 

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Multiple graduation posts for a kid moving to the next grade, with graduation gowns and everything. Seriously, one snap at the end of the year I’m all about. But a cap and gown and seven separate posts because a kid went from the 3 room to the 4s and I’m hard core eye rolling.  
    Multiple posts about any one thing are annoying. 

And to piggyback off of yours, the love letter to the little graduates is weird to me.  "This may be your first graduation but it won't be your last.  I'm so proud of all the things you've learned Cayden and so lucky to be your mom..." when the kid doesn't even have facebook.  Not just parents of young kids are guilty of this either.  A long "happy 65th birthday dad.." letter is just as strange if dad isn't actually on FB to read it.  Put the long post in a card and just post a picture and "happy birthday to my wonderful dad!" if you want to share that it's his birthday (or your kid's graduation, etc.).
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

Our youngest is going from preschool to K next year.   They have a "graduation lunch" where the kids wear caps and gowns and do a presentation.

Plenty of these steps are big.   But there's no diploma that counts until he's out of HS. 
    I feel if they called it something other than "graduation" it might make people feel differently. I mean I get when they go from elementary to h.s it's "graduating to big school"
  • eileenrob said:
    banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

I feel if they called it something other than "graduation" it might make people feel differently. I mean I get when they go from elementary to h.s it's "graduating to big school"
    My kids' school has "stepping up" ceremonies.  The twins are going from preschool to PreK and oldest from PreK to K.  No caps and gowns, not called a graduation...just a 30 minute, couple of songs followed by some bagels, donuts and juice at 9am kind of thing.  I'm obviously proud of all three of them but not as proud as I feel when one of them says "please and thank you" unprompted, or makes it through the night without an accident, etc :D
    I remember my jr. high graduation.  Caps/gowns and all that.  Where I grew up, jr. high is only two years.  7th and 8th grade.  It was so dumb and pointless and I had those same thoughts at the time.

Granted, tweens think almost everything is dumb and pointless, lol.  But that time my tween-self's feelings were valid.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ah -the other parenting thing that annoys me - when FB is used as your blog:

-I don't need to know what percentile your 9 yo is in for weight or height. 
    -I don't need or want to know how your kid is doing in school.

Is it me?  I have one FB friend who does this and I do not understand why I need to know the GPA of someone I don't know.

I can see using FB as a resource but when it's there as a blog it just starts to be...tiring.
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Omg I just thought of one that annoys me (not necessarily that they are doing it wrong).  Any time anyone has posted a new car in the past year or so it has the EXACT SAME CAPTION:

"So I did a thing."

My eyes are so far in the back of my head they won't come back out.

• I keep thinking of more. 

I'm friends with a woman that posts details of every single dream she has. 
  • I keep thinking of more. 

I'm friends with a woman that posts details of every single dream she has. 
    That has potential to be really entertaining. 
  • I hate selling shit on fb .... I barely get views. I think my marketplace is fucked.

I also now want Tropical Skittles because they are the best. Don't try to convince me otherwise.
    Sour Skittles FTW.

Sour Skittles FTW.
    you're wrong.
  • 1) The individuals that you want to keep as friends, but the only thing they ever seem to post is constant partisan political rants and can't tell the difference between a propaganda piece and something that was actually said/done...  SNS - I'm glad they created the "sleep" feature!  Some of the vitriol is tiring (not limited to any side or the other either!)

2) People who don't read a full post nor can think critically if someone has a differing belief/opinion from theirs.  I have a page that a friend who passed basically handed to me to maintain that I posted something (I tend to post on that page like reporters of old, present the information and let people figure out their own position) - ISYN, it was like a vax/anti-vax level of stupidity to the point I deleted all comments from that particular post!  
  • AND ONE MORE THING...  

People posting on Marketplace - that post either blurry pictures or no pictures, or asking a high dollar amount for something but not providing detail pictures so they do only get serious contacts/offers...  OR - the people who post a price but then state in the description they're parting something out without posting what price they're wanting to get for said parts...  It's great that you're selling off your entire supply of something, post the price you want for everything not "half the price you'd pay new"... 
  • People who post their every move like they're on Twitter in 2007.
  • People who post those “copy and paste if you agree” or “share if you agree” posts really irk me. They’re the 21st century equivalent of chain letters and they’re just as annoying. 
    Yes, a thousand times, yes!!!