Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

Re: 90 Day fiance

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm watching Part 2 of the tell all now:

- How weird that Pedro and Chantel weren't there for part 2.

- wtf with Pao antagonizing Ashley for filing for divorce twice. In one breathe she's like woah dude why you sleeping with multiple women and then in the next mocking Ashley for taking him back. By no means do I like Ashley but Pao just rubs me the wrong way all the time. 

- Andrei -- anyone remember what kind of job he did before he moved to the US?

-- Coltee - I feel like the "I still love you" thing was staged. Then again I think everything is staged on this show now.  I'm laughing at the disparity in what they say the ring cost.
  • I think Andrei was a bouncer in Ireland before coming to the US.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Oh that’s right that sounds familiar now 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    edited July 2019
    Other Way:
    - Pole — why do I not remember her parents living in this remote place when he was first on before the 90 days. Or did they just go visit Karinnes house 

- i swear I cannot figure out Corey and Evelin. Him “I wanna get married and have a family” Evelin “I don’t want to get married, I don’t want to have kids, I just want to make a lot of money (ie spend all of yours)”

- Jenny’s don’t leave me alone tantrum seemed a bit too much. 

- Laura and Aladdin - the vibrator scene was kind of funny if he didn’t know what it was. Their relationship just seems bad though, he seems to get upset very quickly with her 

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Russ and Pao admitting that their relationship is on the brink at this point....wow

• kvruns said:
    Other Way:
    - Pole — why do I not remember her parents living in this remote place when he was first on before the 90 days. Or did they just go visit Karinnes house 

- i swear I cannot figure out Corey and Evelin. Him “I wanna get married and have a family” Evelin “I don’t want to get married, I don’t want to have kids, I just want to make a lot of money (ie spend all of yours)”

- Jenny’s don’t leave me alone tantrum seemed a bit too much. 

- Laura and Aladdin - the vibrator scene was kind of funny if he didn’t know what it was. Their relationship just seems bad though, he seems to get upset very quickly with her 

Didn't Paul have to travel for days on the Amazon to get to Karinne in their first season? If I remember correctly, he didn't travel lightly. Then he took her to a hotel somewhere. 

When Aladdin realized what that vibrator was, the expression on his face was hilarious. Laura is dimwitted for a 50 something-year-old woman. She seems to not know or care much about her true love's culture.

• Yea I remember his crazy passage the first time because they made it seem like she didn't show up but then it seemed like the rest of this time they've been living slightly less remotely so that's why I was confused. 
  • I finally watched the second half of the Tell All. 

Colt and Debbie are too much. What are they even going to get a restraining order for? They wanted to be rid of her, and they are. Good lord. Also, Larissa's boyfriend cracked me up. 

I actually feel bad for Russ and Pao. 

Nicole is completely delusional. 
  • @climbingwife it seemed like Russ's concern for Nicole was real.  It was so sad that he felt the need to tell her that she needed to be careful.

• Ro041 said:
    @climbingwife it seemed like Russ's concern for Nicole was real.  It was so sad that he felt the need to tell her that she needed to be careful.
    Agreed! 
  • Hi everyone!! 

Did anyone catch last night's episode? 

TLC is taking this show to a whole other level of disfunction...
  • Hi everyone!! 

I did!  Phew!  I agree.  Seems like it's full of especially bad decisions.

First off, I was disappointed to see Darcey come back with her new guy.  I like her and her sister on Pillow Talk.  But really don't want to see her and her neediness on more episodes.  Plus new guy's whole attitude of, "I'm not meeting you at the airport, so you have time to freshen up and not be gross," sounded like Jesse 2.0 to me.

The stereotype...and by stereotype I mean because it's so often rung true IRL...is good looking women from Eastern Europe/Russia target men from the US/Canada/Great Britain/Australia.  And good looking men from a few specific Middle Eastern countries target women from the US/Canada/Great Britain/Australia.

--Apparently, in the current season, we get examples of both.  GA private investigator who has just filed for divorce from being a victim once, having married a guy from Morocco.  You'd think she'd be more cautious all around about any LDR.  Much less with someone from another country known for this, ie Tunisia.  But apparently not.  And stop with the extreme filters.  They make her not even look like herself at all.  OMG.  Either he's attracted to you or he isn't.  

--Then there is NC guy who has been in a 5-YEAR "relationship" with a Ukraine woman.  That he's never met.  Because there continue to be "excuses" when they try to meet, ie he sends her money for plane tickets...on top of the money he's already sending her on a monthly basis...and then "something happens".

Don't even get me started on that 19-year-old child who is in love with the guy from Syria and apparently is planning to move there.  People do a lot of stupid things when they're 19, but yikes!  WTF is wrong with her?!?!  This is a war-torn country that refugees are desperately trying to escape from.  It's incredibly dangerous.  She could so easily be killed or raped.   No guy is worth that kind of risk.  At least they are meeting in Lebanon first.  I hope she loses her fascination and/or starts seeing reason.  And comes back to the US, after meeting him.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2019
    My husband and I know someone who was catfished. He was madly in love with this woman (?) from Australia. All their communications were via FB messenger. He kept sending her money for plane tickets to the U.S. with all the plans falling through. His friends tried to tell him that he was being played, but he wouldn't listen. Then he fell madly in love with a real-life woman, who married him after she found out he was terminally ill. But that's a whole other sad story. Some people just have poor judgment. 

Darcy and her sister are looking hideous these days. How much stuff can you have pumped into your face?

• Hi everyone!! 

I did!  Phew!  I agree.  Seems like it's full of especially bad decisions.

First off, I was disappointed to see Darcey come back with her new guy.  I like her and her sister on Pillow Talk.  But really don't want to see her and her neediness on more episodes.  Plus new guy's whole attitude of, "I'm not meeting you at the airport, so you have time to freshen up and not be gross," sounded like Jesse 2.0 to me.

The stereotype...and by stereotype I mean because it's so often rung true IRL...is good looking women from Eastern Europe/Russia target men from the US/Canada/Great Britain/Australia.  And good looking men from a few specific Middle Eastern countries target women from the US/Canada/Great Britain/Australia.

--Apparently, in the current season, we get examples of both.  GA private investigator who has just filed for divorce from being a victim once, having married a guy from Morocco.  You'd think she'd be more cautious all around about any LDR.  Much less with someone from another country known for this, ie Tunisia.  But apparently not.  And stop with the extreme filters.  They make her not even look like herself at all.  OMG.  Either he's attracted to you or he isn't.  

--Then there is NC guy who has been in a 5-YEAR "relationship" with a Ukraine woman.  That he's never met.  Because there continue to be "excuses" when they try to meet, ie he sends her money for plane tickets...on top of the money he's already sending her on a monthly basis...and then "something happens".

Don't even get me started on that 19-year-old child who is in love with the guy from Syria and apparently is planning to move there.  People do a lot of stupid things when they're 19, but yikes!  WTF is wrong with her?!?!  This is a war-torn country that refugees are desperately trying to escape from.  It's incredibly dangerous.  She could so easily be killed or raped.   No guy is worth that kind of risk.  At least they are meeting in Lebanon first.  I hope she loses her fascination and/or starts seeing reason.  And comes back to the US, after meeting him.
    I feel especially bad for Caeser (N.C. + Ukraine) he seems like he's very invested both emotionally and monetarily and she absolutely has no plans on meeting him in Mexico. 

Darcey seems to still have some emotional damage from Jessie. While they both had issues, he was mentally and verbally abusive. I don't think jumping in a serious relationship is the best thing for her to do, but she's got to fill her void...I suppose. 

The 19-year-olds situation scares me. Her brother called her out that she drifts from cause to cause. I hope her family can convince her to A- come home after Lebanon or B - move to a country with him that's not an active war zone. 

DH things the Georgia PI is a catfish ha ha 
  • My husband and I know someone who was catfished. He was madly in love with this woman (?) from Australia. All their communications were via FB messenger. He kept sending her money for plane tickets to the U.S. with all the plans falling through. His friends tried to tell him that he was being played, but he would listen. Then he fell madly in love with a real-life woman, who married him after she found out he was terminally ill. But that's a whole other sad story. Some people just have poor judgment. 

Darcy and her sister are looking hideous these days. How much stuff can you have pumped into your face?

It's gross...and when they ugly cry it looks like stuff is going to start oozing out of their face. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    edited August 2019
    GA guy - I can’t believe he paid $400 to send her flowers and then for her to start talking to him. So he’d be out that $ if she had said no?  And how much $$ is he making as a nail tech to be sending her $800/month plus everything else, especially since it doesn’t look like a fancy spa or anything  Crazy 

19 y/o - ISIS was my first thought in the first 15 second clip of her. I’m glad her mom is going with her 

• kvrunskvruns member
    edited August 2019
    Omg NC douche guy. I love that he’s doing bicep curls with like 5 lbs acting like he’s hot stuff. He kind of reminds me of one of those Southern Charm people with the accent trying to act like he’s fancy. 

I do like his relationship with his daughter even though he isn’t her bio dad and was never married to her mom. 
  • kvruns said:
    GA guy - I can’t believe he paid $400 to send her flowers and then for her to start talking to him. So he’d be out that $ if she had said no?  And how much $$ is he making as a nail tech to be sending her $800/month plus everything else, especially since it doesn’t look like a fancy spa or anything  Crazy 

19 y/o - ISIS was my first thought in the first 15 second clip of her. I’m glad her mom is going with her 

I wonder if they have ever video chat? He seems like he has lots of photos, but I  am not sure if he has actually seen her. 

I did the conversion and he has sent her well over 1,000,000 in UAH (Ukrainian dollar). I found a website that broke the cost of living and she has made well over the amount of $$ that she would need to live an extremely lavish lifestyle. 

I don't think he's the only person sending her money and she has no intention of meeting him!
  • kvruns said:
    Omg NC douche guy. I love that he’s doing bicep curls with like 5 lbs acting like he’s hot stuff. He kind of reminds me of one of those Southern Charm people with the accent trying to act like he’s fancy. 

I do like his relationship with his daughter even though he isn’t her bio dad and was never married to her mom. 
    I sort of liked him too - at least he came out an said he was overcompensating so there was no speculation there.

I think the girlfriend has a right to be upset about the ex-fiance being too involved in their relationship! Especially if the child is biologically not his... 
  • kvruns said:

I sort of liked him too - at least he came out an said he was overcompensating so there was no speculation there.

I think the girlfriend has a right to be upset about the ex-fiance being too involved in their relationship! Especially if the child is biologically not his... 
    yea at first I was like why is she getting so mad that she is throwing the party and then I realized that the online girl doesn't know about the close relationship and its like wait a minute that's a big deal. It would be important to disclose you have a kid since he treats her like his own.
  • kvruns said:

1st bolded:  It's so sad that there are such desperate people out there!  I know it can be hard to find the right person, but he literally signed up for a service that makes it pretty clear that it is all about sending these women money and maybe a love connection happens.  I'd bet a tiny part of that was spent for those flowers and chocolates, then there was some "split" of the rest of the funds between that woman and the website.  And then he is so delusional, even knowing exactly what kind of site she is coming from, to keep giving her money multiple times for traveling that she isn't doing.

Second bolded: I had totally forgotten about that!  Good!!!!

She was giving the impression when she was speaking to her friend's family that she was planning to return to Syria with him after their trip to Lebanon but, "sshhhh, don't tell my mom".  I'm glad her mom will actually be there to hopefully be a voice of reason.  And, if need be, hog-tie her daughter and get her back on the plane to the US.  Of course, I'm joking about hog-tying.  Well, kinda joking.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:

I was LMAO at that!  Dude, no!  You are NOT helping your cause with that scene from the gym.  Stick to the footage where you're driving your Ferrari.

And that was weird, too.  He's talking about his successful business.  Driving around in a VERY fancy and expensive car.  But then appears to be living in a fairly ordinary looking apartment or condo complex.  This is Charlotte.  I'm guessing a MCOL city.  Where's the nice house to match the car?  Can he not afford both so he opts for the car?  And what a poor choice, if that is the case.  I need answers on this because it's bugging me lol!

He does get major bonus points for stepping in to be a father for that little girl.  And continuing that type of relationship, even after he and the mother broke up.  It says a lot about his character.  Even if I think I can bench press more weight than him, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:

1st bolded:  It's so sad that there are such desperate people out there!  I know it can be hard to find the right person, but he literally signed up for a service that makes it pretty clear that it is all about sending these women money and maybe a love connection happens.  I'd bet a tiny part of that was spent for those flowers and chocolates, then there was some "split" of the rest of the funds between that woman and the website.  And then he is so delusional, even knowing exactly what kind of site she is coming from, to keep giving her money multiple times for traveling that she isn't doing.

She was giving the impression when she was speaking to her friend's family that she was planning to return to Syria with him after their trip to Lebanon but, "sshhhh, don't tell my mom".  I'm glad her mom will actually be there to hopefully be a voice of reason.  And, if need be, hog-tie her daughter and get her back on the plane to the US.  Of course, I'm joking about hog-tying.  Well, kinda joking.
    Those websites are similar to honeymoon registries. There are no actual flowers, chocolates, lingerie etc...For a certain price point, you get a conversation and you need to keep your account active to continue the relationship. I saw a 60 minutes story about one of these dating services in Russia. After the guys invest a certain amount, they have the option of arranging travel to Russia, where they are invited to a party where they meet their girlfriend and if that goes well, they shell out for a date. If it doesn't go well, they have connected with other Russian women at the party. Can you imagine how long these dating services can string a gullible guy along?

• kvruns said:

Those websites are similar to honeymoon registries. There are no actual flowers, chocolates, lingerie etc...For a certain price point, you get a conversation and you need to keep your account active to continue the relationship. I saw a 60 minutes story about one of these dating services in Russia. After the guys invest a certain amount, they have the option of arranging travel to Russia, where they are invited to a party where they meet their girlfriend and if that goes well, they shell out for a date. If it doesn't go well, they have connected with other Russian women at the party. Can you imagine how long these dating services can string a gullible guy along?
    Playing off the emotions of lonely people. It’s so sad. 

The producer made a great point by asking him if she’s ever said his name in the video messages. 

He is probably one of many 
  • kvruns said:

I was initially thinking that also.  But he did have a pic of her holding flowers and chocolates.

Then again, they could have a few stock pics of her and the other ladies on the site doing that, lol.

There has also been some footage of her video chatting with him.

And while it's tempting to feel "sorry" for these guys.  I then remind myself of all the lovely women in this country who are also lonely and would eat up and return that kind of attention from the right guy.  But aren't in their early 20's and look like models.  Sooo...yeeeaaahhh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:

I was initially thinking that also.  But he did have a pic of her holding flowers and chocolates.

Then again, they could have a few stock pics of her and the other ladies on the site doing that, lol.

There has also been some footage of her video chatting with him.

And while it's tempting to feel "sorry" for these guys.  I then remind myself of all the lovely women in this country who are also lonely and would eat up and return that kind of attention from the right guy.  But aren't in their early 20's and look like models.  Sooo...yeeeaaahhh.
    Especially since he works as a nail tech. Not that he would use his job as a dating service, but I'm sure that a client probably gave him a look or two 
  • omg I’m watching the Other Way and the apt Paul and Karine see that is $1170 US?!?! Like are they price gouging bc he’s American and it’s a tv show or what?? It can’t really be that expensive there 
  • kvruns said:
    omg I’m watching the Other Way and the apt Paul and Karine see that is $1170 US?!?! Like are they price gouging bc he’s American and it’s a tv show or what?? It can’t really be that expensive there 
    I had exactly the same reaction, lol.  There is no way.  Especially considering it isn't even a big city.  It's a remote village.  6 days by boat up the Amazon from where the closest airport is.  Plus, then the other place they saw...albeit smaller and without a/c...was $270.

For another comparison, I just rented out a 1200 sq. ft., 4 bd/2ba house in New Orleans (MCOL city) for $1,150/month.  Though, admittedly, it doesn't have that wild striped wood paneling, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm annoyed to see Darcey on TV again. 

The nail tech guy is just super pathetic. Five years??? It looks like in the previews he actually does end up going to Mexico. I bet she doesn't show up. 
  • I'm annoyed to see Darcey on TV again. 

The nail tech guy is just super pathetic. Five years??? It looks like in the previews he actually does end up going to Mexico. I bet she doesn't show up. 
    Me too, on Darcey!  I like how her friend called her out that she is sounding exactly the same way she did about Jesse.  I realize tv show might portray things differently than IRL.  But, as a viewer, it has been sounding like an almost exact Jesse replay: She's way too needy and already expecting a proposal.  Tom is much more aloof, doesn't sound nearly as serious, and thinks she is too emotional.

Plus, why are we rehashing Angela and Michael again (eyeroll)?  I would have been good with that if it was now at a point where they could have moved up to 90DF "classic", lol.  Where he already had his K-1 visa and was now coming to the US for the 90 days.  And only now they are talking about he wants children?  WTF?  Putting aside for a moment the enormous expense and undertaking that they would need to hire a surrogate because of Angela's age.  Does she even want more children?  I doubt it.  I'm hoping this was all extra drama for the show.  Because if having kids is important to him, that should have been a dealbreaker way before their relationship even started.

I think the Ukraine woman will show up...only because it's her shot at being on tv ;).  But, otherwise, no way.  The fact that he feels he needs to dupe this woman into thinking the CZ ring is a diamond ring, should be his own major red flag.  And if this woman is anything like Anfisa, that s**t isn't going to fly anyway, lol.

Timothy (S. Carolina) and Jenniffer -- What is with the mohawks combined with a pompadour?  At his bon voyage party, him and almost all his male friends were sporting that.  Is that the new style that (I guess) hasn't made it down to NOLA yet?  Or is that a him and his friends thing?  I felt like I'd been transported back to Happy Days, lmao.  But, seriously, Timothy needs to stop trusting his "best friend".  She is obviously trying to sabotage that relationship.  She looked like she was sitting on this lap in that selfie and practically strong-armed him into sending it.  So, of course, Jenniffer didn't like it.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker