Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

Re: 90 Day fiance

• I haven't watched yet but I'm excited about this CZ thing. Was Anfisa the one who made it get tested out at a jewelry store or was that someone else? 
  • kvruns said:
    I haven't watched yet but I'm excited about this CZ thing. Was Anfisa the one who made it get tested out at a jewelry store or was that someone else? 
    I can't remember if she actually did that.  But it sounds like her, lol.  I grew to like Anfisa.  She was so funny in her outrageousness.  And while her honesty might have been brutal, she always told it like it was and was upfront about her motives.  

There was a couple way back when...many seasons ago on the original 90DF...where the woman went to a jewelry store to make sure her diamonds were real on her ring (they were).  She got mad at the airport that her FI had brought her flowers, but not roses.  I think it was during that hissy fit she told him she needed to check her ring.  And she did in another episode!  She was from the Philipines, but I don't remember what part of the US he was from.  He had a daughter around 7ish who locked her out of the house in one of the episodes.  That's about it for the "randoms" I remember about that couple, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes that is the lady I was talking about - the one in your second paragraph. I think they were in WA or somewhere out that way.
  • If you've ever seen the movie "O Brother, Where Aren't Though?" with George Clooney, there's a scene where he goes back to see his family because his wife is about to get remarried.  He starts talking to his young daughters before he goes into a store to confront his wife.

And they tell him that she has a ring and everything.  And one of the little girls says, "It's bona-fide!"  While the other one adds something like, "Yeah.  Momma checked."

My H and I sometimes quote that line about all kinds of stuff, lol.  And I definitely think of it when 90DF occasionally has this topic, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like that Cesar has spent $40K on this chick and his ring budget is $200 😂😂
  • Even without the filters I think GA lady is nice looking and shouldn’t be that afraid of him liking how she looks. Plus it isn’t like he’s hot. I was laughing at how he says “shirt” when talking about his shirt with her face on it as it sounds like he is saying shit 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2019
    I’m laughing at how Summit is gone for 3 days and Jenny is like “money is running low I need a job” like she really thought she could just go get one. Cmon lady. Although as I say that since a lot of call centers are in India wouldn’t that be a great job for an expat ?!?

Ronalds salary will be $700-800 per month. Yikes especially when she can’t work yet. They said avg was 1700-1800 so maybe his isn’t as horrible as it sounds for the area 

I love Karine asking Paul why he hasn’t learned Portuguese yet and he says it’s hard. She’s like uhh I learned English which is one of the hardest languages. Plus he said he studied Spanish and sign language gauge before so shouldn’t he maybe have an aptitude for language info he’s done it before?
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2019
    kvruns said:
    I’m laughing at how Summit is gone for 3 days and Jenny is like “money is running low I need a job” like she really thought she could just go get one. Cmon lady. Although as I say that since a lot of call centers are in India wouldn’t that be a great job for an expat ?!?

Ronalds salary will be $700-800 per month. Yikes especially when she can’t work yet. They said avg was 1700-1800 so maybe his isn’t as horrible as it sounds for the area 

I love Karine asking Paul why he hasn’t learned Portuguese yet and he says it’s hard. She’s like uhh I learned English which is one of the hardest languages. Plus he said he studied Spanish and sign language gauge before so shouldn’t he maybe have an aptitude for language info he’s done it before?
    I definitely think being a native English speaker will be an advantage for Jenny in finding employment.  But they need to get married, so she can legally work in India first.  I'm still trying to decide how much of their issue is Sumit just being a big coward and how much is truly cultural.  I also don't understand, "love of her life" or not, why Jenny would move to a country where it isn't safe for her to be out alone at night.

For Ronald and Tiffany, while I'm sure it's not great living at his mom's house (though she is a lovely and welcoming person), sounds like they don't have another choice and need to stop complaining and deal with it.  Have some patience for when Ronald can get a job making more money and/or Tiffany can work.  And Tiffany acting all brand-new that South Africa isn't a very safe country, smh.  Yeah, girl.  Not a secret.  Like Jenny, I don't know why you'd move there.  Especially with a young son to worry about.  Edited to add:  Plus get pregnant, on top of all of that!

Paul (eyeroll).  Yes.  I'm sure it is hard for you to find a job in a tiny village.  Where you don't speak the language nor do you have the legal right to work there.  He doesn't seem to have even tried to learn Portuguese.  He still doesn't even know basic phrases!  WTH?!?

The common denominator for all of these people is they did all this planning to get to the foreign country.  But haven't planned well for their future and what to do, once they got there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sumit is a coward and Jenny is dramatic. I think that's my conclusion :) 

Yes totally makes since for Tiffany and Ronald to jump into pregnancy when you have 1 tiny income and can't afford an apt.  Smh.
  • kvruns said:

My favorite thing was when Jenny thought she could get her social security checks sent to India. 

• the thing is you can get SS even if you're living abroad as long as you haven't given up your citizenship. Now she may have to find a way to transfer via foreign banks but she could access that $
  • kvruns said:

My favorite thing was when Jenny thought she could get her social security checks sent to India. 

But the bigger problem is she isn't even old enough to collect SSI yet, lol.  Unless she lied about her age.  The show says she's 60, but the earliest someone can collect SSI is 62.

Or she is on SS disability.  But I think she was working shortly before she left for India, so I don't think she is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh yea!! I thought you could collect at 59.5 or maybe I’m thinking of draws on her retirement accounts. So really it would only be SSI if it was disability or widow benefits 
  • A ton to unpack this week:

Darcey + Tom – Darcey is a spectacle and I cannot believe she acts this way. 45 minutes to look like Julia Roberts in Pretty woman (although, I loved her boots). She was doused in perfume and I felt sorry for that poor driver! Tom did not catfish her – he just knows how to hit those angles – she tried not to be disappointed in his looks, but I could tell she was a bit taken back. She will be crying the next episode as I suspected so we will see the melt down soon enough.

Benjamin + Akinyi – I don’t know enough about them yet, but Ben seems like a nice guy. I think Akinyi cares about him, but the editing makes it appear otherwise.

Rebecca + Zied – I’m over them. She catfished him – but looking at him I’m not sure why she’s so obsessed with making herself look youthful and worried about her body.   He’s controlling and jealous – their relationship seems forced and IMO will not get any better till she admits she’s still married.  

Avery + Omar – She’s so young, but I think she truly loves Omar. I think this is another case where the editing is trying to make her mother look bad, but I think she has some extremely valid concerns. Being in a foreign country with no cell? I would not have let her step one foot on that plane. I don’t think the focus should be on her conversion – the focus should be on their relationship. There is so much Islamophobia right now.

Caesar + Maria – I can’t believe that someone can be this oblivious. I’m starting to wonder if this is a plant like the Ricky, Ximena, Melissa story. We all know he’s an idiot, but putting yourself in financial ruin for a woman who clearly does not want to be with you is a whole other level of stupidity. She’s not going to Mexico, so not only does he not have money to pay his rent, he is still in the hole 2K from the loan from his friend.

Side note – it is very troubling that these men can’t take care of themselves financially, but are quick to want to bring someone over to  America. I am all for love, but it is not fair to marry someone under false pretenses. I know other countries view our standard of wealth differently than we view our own, but when you literally cannot afford to pay your rent or you blow through your 401K how can you sponsor someone?

• A ton to unpack this week:

Darcey + Tom – Darcey is a spectacle and I cannot believe she acts this way. 45 minutes to look like Julia Roberts in Pretty woman (although, I loved her boots). She was doused in perfume and I felt sorry for that poor driver! Tom did not catfish her – he just knows how to hit those angles – she tried not to be disappointed in his looks, but I could tell she was a bit taken back. She will be crying the next episode as I suspected so we will see the melt down soon enough.

Benjamin + Akinyi – I don’t know enough about them yet, but Ben seems like a nice guy. I think Akinyi cares about him, but the editing makes it appear otherwise.

Rebecca + Zied – I’m over them. She catfished him – but looking at him I’m not sure why she’s so obsessed with making herself look youthful and worried about her body.   He’s controlling and jealous – their relationship seems forced and IMO will not get any better till she admits she’s still married.  

Avery + Omar – She’s so young, but I think she truly loves Omar. I think this is another case where the editing is trying to make her mother look bad, but I think she has some extremely valid concerns. Being in a foreign country with no cell? I would not have let her step one foot on that plane. I don’t think the focus should be on her conversion – the focus should be on their relationship. There is so much Islamophobia right now.

Caesar + Maria – I can’t believe that someone can be this oblivious. I’m starting to wonder if this is a plant like the Ricky, Ximena, Melissa story. We all know he’s an idiot, but putting yourself in financial ruin for a woman who clearly does not want to be with you is a whole other level of stupidity. She’s not going to Mexico, so not only does he not have money to pay his rent, he is still in the hole 2K from the loan from his friend.

Side note – it is very troubling that these men can’t take care of themselves financially, but are quick to want to bring someone over to  America. I am all for love, but it is not fair to marry someone under false pretenses. I know other countries view our standard of wealth differently than we view our own, but when you literally cannot afford to pay your rent or you blow through your 401K how can you sponsor someone?

Angela + Micheal - Mega eye roll 🙄🙄
  • So I'm a couple of weeks behind cos of vacation, trying to get caught up.  Paul wanting another DNA test??  Ugh.  Get a new story line please.  

What's her name in Qatar.  Um, does she have no idea what the culture is over there?  I get the impression she thinks she can come in and change everyone's mind about what they believe.  Yeah, good luck with that.  

South Africa - The future is uncertain for us, but we're going to get married anyway.  That worries me, though I do think they love each other.  

• @NBSquared2017 I’ll just say ditto bc everything you said is exactly what I thought too 
  • I’m mean and I’m laughing a bit at Toms bright red ears when he’s having dinner with his sister. It’s like the camera person specifically chose that angle to highlight it 
  • Ok I can’t stop. Cesar man cmon it’s the day before and she hasn’t booked her ticket, like you really think she’s going to come at that point. Not to mention last minute tickets are way more expensive cmon dude wake up 
  • Darcey + Tom – Darcey needs to learn how to rein it in.  She meets a guy she likes and "he's the one, when is he going to propose".  And she becomes so NEEDY for his devotion and attention.  It's off-putting.  Especially for her love interest!  My previous impression of Tom is that he wasn't that into her and was kind of an arrogant jerk.  But that was just from the limited conversations she had with him that were televised.  He seemed nicer and more humble once he was talking directly to the camera and with his friends.  They seemed awkward over their drinks.

Benjamin + Akinyi – They both seem nice.  But this was the first episode that had any footage for them and it didn't feel we got to know either of them very well.  I can already see Benjamin is another American who, if he does propose to Akinyi, has no clue that he's not going to be able to bring her to the U.S. because the process costs THOUSANDS of dollars plus, unless he has a co-sponsor, he needs to financially qualify and US immigration also looks at the main sponsor's credit score.  Which I think he even said was bad.

Rebecca + Zied – They seem happy together. And at least he seems to really care about her, which I found surprising.  Not because of her, per se.  But because that country is known for younger guys targeting older women in the US, Canada, and England.

Avery + Omar – She is so ridiculous, but I don't blame her.  She is too young and unworldly to realize she is too young and unworldly.  But then, I think most of us were like that at 19.  I hope Omar is the nice guy he seems and doesn't LET her move to Syria, for her own safety.  That was why he suggested they meet in Lebanon.

Caesar + Maria – He does make one wonder how much obvious financial abuse and completely one-sided relationship a person will take!  If they've been "together" for 5 years, he should have cut this nonsense out 4 years ago, if they still hadn't met by then.  It's very different to meet someone in person, then even lots of online chatting and Skype.  Though people like to fool themselves it isn't.  They might not have any connection at all IRL so, even ignoring the 1,000 red flags, it's just a really bad idea to devote this much time and energy to someone he's never met.

Angela + Michael – I absolutely cannot stand Angela.  She is one of my all-time least favorite people on 90DF.  Not that Michael is that great.  I think he's only in it to come to the US.  But Michael, seriously for your own good, wake-up!  Her constant, extreme anger and emotional abuse isn't worth it.  OMG, and her screaming and so PO'ed because he "lied to her".  About what?  That he was going to completely ignore his own birthday so the only celebration for it would be with her when she gets there in a few weeks?  WTH?  I bet her own grandkids are more mature than she is.  I don't get it!  They both seem miserable in this relationship, so why stay in it especially when they live so far apart anyway.   

@NBSquared2017, I "borrowed" your post for the names and edited for my own comments, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel like I need a Cesar and Maria spoiler to tell me if they ever met so I can stop watching him. It makes me cringe a bit
  • I found a potential spoiler for them although you never know validity https://www.reddit.com/r/90dayfianceuncensored/comments/cky78n/before_the_90_days_cast_spoilers/  (this was linked from a starcasm site)
  • kvruns said:
    I feel like I need a Cesar and Maria spoiler to tell me if they ever met so I can stop watching him. It makes me cringe a bit
    Click if you want spoilers 
    https://starcasm.net/before-the-90-days-spoilers-caesar-maria-catfish/

• that's the one I just read. My link above was to the reddit they mentioned. THanks!
  • Updates/Spoilers:

--Apparently Avery has not moved to Syria, yet.  But still wants to.  Despite warnings from her own family, friends, and viewers all over the world.  Her Instagram responses has been to post beautiful beach pics of Latakia, Syria (where Omar currently lives) and assurances that it's safe.

OH, Reeealllyyy?!?!  Well.  Let's see what the US State Dept. has to say about that:  The U.S. State Department has issued a level 4 travel advisory for Syria, including Latakia. The State Department says that “No part of Syria is safe from violence.” The U.S. shut down it’s Embassy based in Damascus in 2012 due to safety concerns.

--Jenny was spotted in the US recently.  But without Sumit.  Was she just visiting?  Or has she moved back for good?  He is still all over her Instagram.

--Apparently, Darcey's 45-minute freshening up in the airport bathroom cost Tom $500 in extra cab fare, lmao.  He said it was "worth it!"  He actually had no idea of the extremes she went to in the airport bathroom, until he saw the show!  He was flattered by it.  Speaking of, I have to side-eye her outfit.  I'm good with her dressing sexy/revealing, if that is her style.  But, wearing only a long blazer was just too much.  It looked like she just forgot to wear pants or a skirt.

--Rumors that Azan has a secret wife in Morocco and a new baby!  But not much evidence this is true.

--Oh no!  Apparently Corey's (Corey and Evelin, Ecuador) dad passed away in Jan.

--Caesar and Maria - I couldn't find anything written about if they've ever met in person.  BUT, Caesar on other social media sites calls himself a "model and actor".  So there is a lot of speculation that this whole storyline is made up.  Aka @NBSquared2017's conjecture that this is might be another shady TLC Ricky/Ximena/Melissa stunt ;).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    I feel like I need a Cesar and Maria spoiler to tell me if they ever met so I can stop watching him. It makes me cringe a bit
    Click if you want spoilers 
    https://starcasm.net/before-the-90-days-spoilers-caesar-maria-catfish/
    Ah ha!  Thanks!  I will now just completely disregard this "couple", lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Darcy's outfit was ridiculous! And what I wondered was what happened to all of her luggage if she went from the airport to the restaurant to meet him?
  • kvruns said:
    Darcy's outfit was ridiculous! And what I wondered was what happened to all of her luggage if she went from the airport to the restaurant to meet him?
    I wondered that too. I was also trying to figure out what she was rubbing on her butt - apparently it’s 45 dollar lotion called bum bum cream? 
  • kvruns said:
    Darcy's outfit was ridiculous! And what I wondered was what happened to all of her luggage if she went from the airport to the restaurant to meet him?
    I wondered that too. I was also trying to figure out what she was rubbing on her butt - apparently it’s 45 dollar lotion called bum bum cream? 
    Me three!  I assume the show and/or part of the cabbie's fare was taking the luggage to the vacation home Tom rented and putting it inside.

OMG, that is hilarious name and I had to go look it up.  Supposedly it is an all-over body cream...not just for the bum bum, lol...that exfoliates skin and leaves it glowing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    Me three!  I assume the show and/or part of the cabbie's fare was taking the luggage to the vacation home Tom rented and putting it inside.

OMG, that is hilarious name and I had to go look it up.  Supposedly it is an all-over body cream...not just for the bum bum, lol...that exfoliates skin and leaves it glowing.
    It better make me look like a Brazilian model for 45.00!