Wedding Woes

MONDAY !!

2»

Re: MONDAY !!

• Omg @GBCK! Glad you and H are on the mend. @MNNEBride so glad the results were good! Hope everything works out with the car @sparklepants41, what a way to start a week!

We had a good weekend. Saturday we did yard work until  we went to see Lidia Bastianich. She was wonderful! So very nice and welcoming. Her's is the ultimate immigrant story! We got her autobiography as a gift for coming, and I can't wait to read it!  She's really the first celebrity that I've ever met. 

Yesterday I went for a walk with a friend since it was so beautiful outside. H finished off the yard work before the rain arrived overnight. I made an enchilada recipe for my Instant Pot type cooker. It was pretty good. I know what I would do next time to improve it.

Today was house work and Costco. H made the most delicious tomato galette for dinner tonight. That along with farmer's market green beans was wonderful. We paired it with our favorite Rosè so now I'm about ready to go to bed. LOL can't drink like I did 30+ years ago!
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It was a backyard reception--but it was catered.
    The caterer insists it COULDN"T have been her.  Insert desire to smack people here.
    I think there were 50-70 people there and 24 had food poisoning at last count

• GBCK said:
    The caterer insists it COULDN"T have been her.  Insert desire to smack people here.

Holy fuck. That's a lot of people to have gotten sick. 
  • Thanks everyone! We’re excited and happy to finally be on the same page!
  • GBCK said:
    Possibly more hassle than it's worth but, if I were the bridal couple, I would demand some of my money back and maybe even take the caterer to small claims court if she didn't give back some kind of compensation.  If for no other reason than to make a point and hope she's much more careful in the future.

1-2 people or only one family with food poisoning?  Arguably it could have happened somewhere else.  But over a THIRD of the guests!?!  Oh, hell no!  Obviously something was very wrong with the food and/or the handling of it.

I'm glad you and your H are feeling better now, but what an awful thing to go through!
    Beyond that, or in alternative to that, I would report her to the health department. That many people getting sick is not a coincidence, and her refusal to accept that she is at fault means she's not correcting whatever she did to cause it. How many more people is she willing to get sick? What if the next event has guests who aren't in generally good health, able to bounce back in a few days? 
    Yup this.   The day is over.   What could the caterer do?  Poison their food? Oh wait.

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    That sounds awful @GBCK !  Glad you're all on the mend and yeahhh that's 100% the caterer
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Great mom new @MNNEBride
    Boo @sparklepants41

Weekend was good.  We had our first selling shift with boy scouts for popcorn sales.  They did $260 in 2 hours.  So proud.  

We also bought DefConn a new bike.  DH ended up getting one too.  And my bike finally got repaired.  So we did a lot of bike riding this weekend. 

Yesterday was glorious.  The weather was perfect.  I didn't have much going on.  DH had to go help his dad for a little bit.  We made a great dinner and watched Ballers last night.  

*I just realized this never posted yesterday.  LOL  
    If you were on my side of town I'd buy popcorn from y'all. My boys sold so much popcorn when they were scouts!!!
  • GBCK said:
    Possibly more hassle than it's worth but, if I were the bridal couple, I would demand some of my money back and maybe even take the caterer to small claims court if she didn't give back some kind of compensation.  If for no other reason than to make a point and hope she's much more careful in the future.

1-2 people or only one family with food poisoning?  Arguably it could have happened somewhere else.  But over a THIRD of the guests!?!  Oh, hell no!  Obviously something was very wrong with the food and/or the handling of it.

I'm glad you and your H are feeling better now, but what an awful thing to go through!
    Beyond that, or in alternative to that, I would report her to the health department. That many people getting sick is not a coincidence, and her refusal to accept that she is at fault means she's not correcting whatever she did to cause it. How many more people is she willing to get sick? What if the next event has guests who aren't in generally good health, able to bounce back in a few days? 
    Yes, definitely report to the health department. There might even be a law that over x amount of people affected means it has to be reported. And Mynameisnot is right: you all were able to fight it off well. But for someone like my mom who is severely immunocompromised, this would literally kill her.