Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

Re: 90 Day fiance

• kvruns said:
    Darcy's outfit was ridiculous! And what I wondered was what happened to all of her luggage if she went from the airport to the restaurant to meet him?
    I wondered that too. I was also trying to figure out what she was rubbing on her butt - apparently it’s 45 dollar lotion called bum bum cream? 
    Me three!  I assume the show and/or part of the cabbie's fare was taking the luggage to the vacation home Tom rented and putting it inside.

OMG, that is hilarious name and I had to go look it up.  Supposedly it is an all-over body cream...not just for the bum bum, lol...that exfoliates skin and leaves it glowing.
    It better make me look like a Brazilian model for 45.00! 
    I hear that, lol!  But it seems like there's nothing Brazilian about it, except the name.  Maybe some of the ingredients.  However, I think I caught in my brief research that it is put out by an American company.  

One of my all-time favorite creative name stories for advertising is Estee Lauder.

Estee Lauder.  Doesn't it sound so French and classy?  All the allure of beautiful Parisian women with their fancy, fashion forward cosmetics and perfumes.

Except Estee Lauder was Josephine Esther Mentzer.  From Queens.  And I mean that as no dis at all to this amazing entrepreneur who was ahead of her time or the lovely borough of Queens.  Just that neither have quite the same ring to it as a femme who hails from Paris, France, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jihoon - you have credit card debt and haven’t helped support your kid but you quit your job. What? Now maybe it is for the camera and he had to quit to come on this longer trip idk 
  • Evilness (LoL it keeps auto correcting from Evelin) and Corey - that fight felt so fake especially since we k is they’ve been together for a long time. If she did cheat then I think it’s crazy how she still tries to act like he’s the problem in it all 
  • kvruns said:
    Evilness (LoL it keeps auto correcting from Evelin) and Corey - that fight felt so fake especially since we k is they’ve been together for a long time. If she did cheat then I think it’s crazy how she still tries to act like he’s the problem in it all 
    I've gotten more the impression of that she didn't cheat, but:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:
    Evilness (LoL it keeps auto correcting from Evelin) and Corey - that fight felt so fake especially since we k is they’ve been together for a long time. If she did cheat then I think it’s crazy how she still tries to act like he’s the problem in it all 
    I've gotten more the impression of that she didn't cheat, but:

Evelyn is so mean. IMO she was looking to have a good time and didn’t think that he would get caught up in his feelings. Not picking him up from the airport, calling him names, basically telling him she doesn’t want to be married. He seems like a nice guy, but he needs to grow up and move on. Their instagram shows they are so in love, but how do we know that’s true when you’re getting  a nice check from the network. 
  • Omg how are you not familiar with bumbum cream??  It is incredible!!  I have heard people rave about it and I got it in my FFF summer box.  It smells like heaven.  

I just got caught up with 90F Before the 90D.  I was so bummed to see Darcey.  I do not understand how she can be so extreme in her emotions.  She is in love with this guy who she appears not to be attracted to.  She then is offended that this guy doesn't immediately want to sleep with her.  But she also isn't very impressed with thim.  Then, the preview shows her going into classic meltdown mode.  Oh lordy.  She is just too much.

• Finally catching up on the episodes with Before the 90 days. Rebecca is annoying me, I know she’s independent but she also seems somewhat disrespectful of the country she’s in. 

Darcy and Tom: I love that she says how happy she is to get to be herself and let her emotions out and he’s like good god why is this woman so emotional 😆
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2019
    Benjamin reminds me of Coltee and I just can’t move past it. They don’t really act alike but they kind of look and sound alike sometimes 

Averys mom trying to make her drink wine. She’s 19! 3 days ago you wouldn’t have been doing that in the US
  • kvruns said:
    Benjamin reminds me of Coltee and I just can’t move past it. They don’t really act alike but they kind of look and sound alike sometimes 

Averys mom trying to make her drink wine. She’s 19! 3 days ago you wouldn’t have been doing that in the US
    Yes!  Me too.  Though I'm not quite sure why.  Other than they're both from the same-ish area of the US (Las Vegas and Phoenix) and they both have that same air of wimpy desperation.  But Benjamin does seem a lot nicer and more genuine.  For as young as she is, I was impressed by his g/f.  She seemed to have a better grasp on reality and the challenges they might face as a couple than most of the people who have been on 90DF, lol.

I was LMAO that, for spoilers about the upcoming season of Pillow Talk, Coltee and his mom are going to be one of the duos involved.  Dude, seriously?  You really need to stop reminding people what an enormous momma's boy you are.  It doesn't look like Loren and Alexei are going to be in the upcoming season :(.  I liked them.

Overall, I like Avery's mom.  But that was a really sh***y move to encourage her daughter to drink alcohol, knowing it is against her religion.

As for Rebecca.  While I understand there can be a fine line between "when in Rome" and being offended by the misogyny of another culture.  At the same time, I do fall more under the "when in Rome" category.  However I will also "vote" with my travel dollars.  If I'm appalled by how a country's culture expects women to dress, than I don't go there.  And, if I do anyway, then I need to be willing to suck it up and not offend the people who live there.  Especially if one of the people I'm offending is the guy I'm supposedly in love with.

And, FTR, he seemed perfectly fine with her dressing how she was dressing.  As long as she was in the US where it is more appropriate.  She was just bold-faced conjecturing that this wasn't true and worried he would have a problem with the way she dresses, wherever they were. If she can't help but think Zied is going to be just like her ex because they are both Middle Eastern, then she needs to STOP IT and stop choosing LDRs with guys in Middle Eastern countries.  Duh. Because that's completely unfair to everyone involved.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i just cringe the entire time Tom and Darcy are together. I did chuckle at them playing cricket and him looking like he was throwing the ball kind of hard at her (or maybe it was just doing the throwing motion). I did laugh when she finally hit it and he fell down 

wtf on Columbia girl telling him he’s a p*ssy and that her family all thinks that. Like she was trying to be funny yet was like I’m honest. 

• I can contribute to this topic now!  I got sucked into a marathon on Sunday night.  I think it was “the other way” series?
    Caesar & Maria:  poor poor Caesar.  Can’t the production crew clue him in at least? I feel bad for this guy.
    Rebecca & Zied:  i didn’t know her story prior, but what was recapped... but I feel like she’s a smart woman and knows whats going on. Although I do see @short+sassy  view with the when in Rome comment. I mean she should respect the culture there.  
    Tim & Jennifer:  i’m actually on her side.  How would he feel if ex’s were calling up on her? And it was SO odd that he couldn’t even look at her during conversation. “I dunno, maybe he’s gay?” She asked.  Girl, better find out. 
    Ben & Akinyi: this one seems sincere to me.  However, I don’t think he’s going to win over her family (dad especially - maybe brother) and I don’t think he has enough for a bride price either
    Tom & Darcey: I want to like this couple, but I feel as if her over emotions are coming off as fake to me too.  I also get gold digger vibes from her. And stop it with the aisle talk! That’s not “flirting”. 
    Avery & Omar:  Can someone just knock some sense into this 19 year old.  19.  She’s mature for her age, but who really knew what they wanted at that age?  And who WANTS to sign up to live in a war zone.  Hey her mom came along - she should be the one to do it. 

• I’ll forgive you wanting to like Tom and Darcy since you haven’t watched her other season LoL
  • Darcey - it's hard to watch her. I was cracking up that Tom shut her down with the whole "I'm in awe" thing. She's so ridiculous and over the top. She just met this guy and is so desperate for him to propose?? 

Poor, stupid Caesar. 
  • Good point I am glad Tom shut her down. I would hope that would show both of them they definitely are not "the one" for each other. Then again she pushed for all of that with Jesse too although he did give her an appreciation ring haha.
  • @CharmedPam, I'm glad you saw the marathon and can join us in the drama and gossip, lol.  Actually, those are the couples from the "Before the 90 Days" series.  It's basically couples who have met online, but this is the first time they're meeting in person.  The "Other Way" series is on Mon. nights and are totally different couples.

Tim and Jennifer -- I have an analogy for them.  My dog Izzy is a friendly gal with both people and other animals.  We took her on a walk and came across a cat who, surprisingly, was also friendly.  They were both curious about each other and had a friendly "wanting to play together" vibe.  But weren't quite sure how to communicate with each other because they come from different cultures, aka species, lol.

That's what Tim and Jennifer kinda remind me of.  She expects him to take charge, bedroom-wise.  But he's too insecure to do that.  Doesn't want to move too fast and possibly offend her.  So she takes her cue from that.  Rolls over and asks him to turn off the lights.  While, at the same time, wondering if he's gay or not that into her, especially because she is already worried he's still hung up on his ex.  Which plays into him feeling like she's not ready and/or not that into him.

Avery and Omar -- I couldn't help but laugh a little when she said something like, "But it's just sometimes the power is off and there is no water?"  And Omar corrects her with, "No. There is no power or water."  More than 4 men, honey.

Ben & Akinyi -- I like them.  They both seem genuine.  But Ben needs to boost up his confidence if he is going to impress her family.

Tom & Darcey -- Kudos to Tom!  I think he was the perfect mix of telling her to be more mellow with their relationship and calm it down, without being mean or hurting her feelings.  Well...he probably hurt her feelings a little bit because it seems like everything does, lol.  But it wasn't an hour long ugly crying jag, so success!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maybe I already posted this but why the heck was Jennifer's child not buckled into that car seat?? I even kept looking to see if it was possible the straps were just different (like European car seats don't have the chest clip so they look different). I was just like omg please don't crash the entire time
  • kvruns said:
    Maybe I already posted this but why the heck was Jennifer's child not buckled into that car seat?? I even kept looking to see if it was possible the straps were just different (like European car seats don't have the chest clip so they look different). I was just like omg please don't crash the entire time
    Did you see The Other Way last night?  Deavan is about to arrive in South Korea and Jihoon needs to go pick her up.  But he is freaking out to his parents because he had waited until the last minute to order a car seat and it hadn't arrived yet.

His parents are confused and making comments like, "So?  It's only the ride from the airport.  She can just hold the baby.  It's fine."  They are just not seeing any big deal about it at all.  But Jihoon knows better.  Or at least knows that Deavan will freak TF out if their baby does not have a car seat to be put in, lol.  As it turns out, she has one of those 3-in-1 stroller things, that also turns into a car seat, so Jihoon didn't need to bring one after all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't watched yet but yea I remember her dad checking the car seat and stroller at the airport. You would think she would have told him that? Although I know there are differences in how to secure car seats too so maybe her's wont fit? 

I do remember her saying they needed to buy a new stroller for over there and I was thinking why?? but maybe it was actually new car seat and I misheard 
  • Ugh Ronald in the car. Let’s just say his behavior (driving too fast, blaming her bc he forgot his card) hit a little too close to home. I hope it’s a one off and not something she is always dealing with. Guess It is the latter though 
  • I’m laughing at Jihoons parents being like you’re 30 with a kid - move out! I think it’s is crazy they sleep on the couch and he’s in the bedroom. Or maybe it’s just while she is here. Knowing they live in such a small place and that he isn’t working I can’t understand why they thought her going to SK made sense. 
  • I haven’t watched this week yet, but I wish TLC would explain why everyone can’t go to the US if that’s the case. I get Ronald and a criminal record. Why not Karine?  Why not Jehoon?  Or Jenny’s guy?  Or did I just miss the explanation one week?

• I don't think they've given explanations for the most part. 

Karine the issue was Pole doesn't make enough $$ to sponsor her and his family refused to co-sponsor so he couldn't do the K1. 

Evilin doesn't want to live in the US so her ultimatum was either Ecudor or break up. 

Jihoon and Sumit i think are personal choices. Definitely Sumit bc if he's too afraid to tell his parents he's dating her, no way he's moving to another country. 
  • I read somewhere last night that Sumit is actually MARRIED. Jenny knows. It was an arranged marriage, and that's why he can't come to the US on a K1 visa. 
  • whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?
  • I read somewhere last night that Sumit is actually MARRIED. Jenny knows. It was an arranged marriage, and that's why he can't come to the US on a K1 visa. 
    They were hinting for the upcoming show next week that Sumit has a big secret he hasn't told Jenny.  When I heard that, I absolutely assumed it was that he's already engaged to someone else in an arranged marriage thing.

However, I didn't think he was actually already married!  Yeesh (eyeroll).  If Jenny knew that before she "moved" to India, I'm now doubting a lot of their story.  She can't stay living in India without getting married or would have to figure out a different type of visa to stay.  I'm not sure how easy or hard that would be.  And for what?  To be his side thang forever?  Or maybe she's actually choosing to just visit him frequently but, for the show, they are making it look like she "moved" there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks @kvruns.  I knew Evelyn didn't want to stay, she sure made that clear.  Maybe I'm just frustrated about how many of them complain about moving to a new country, but don't explain that it was a personal choice between the couple.  Like, is it a 'make a story' for tv or do they actually believe it will be like living in the US but maybe a few people also speak a different language??

• I supect part of it is for TV. Either that or they are ridiculously naive because none of them seem to take too many steps to actual learn the culture or language of where they are going. Not to mention no one seems to be financially stable (well maybe Darcey is) but I'm sure that's part of the casting reasons too 
  • kvruns said:
    Maybe I already posted this but why the heck was Jennifer's child not buckled into that car seat?? I even kept looking to see if it was possible the straps were just different (like European car seats don't have the chest clip so they look different). I was just like omg please don't crash the entire time
    Did you see The Other Way last night?  Deavan is about to arrive in South Korea and Jihoon needs to go pick her up.  But he is freaking out to his parents because he had waited until the last minute to order a car seat and it hadn't arrived yet.

His parents are confused and making comments like, "So?  It's only the ride from the airport.  She can just hold the baby.  It's fine."  They are just not seeing any big deal about it at all.  But Jihoon knows better.  Or at least knows that Deavan will freak TF out if their baby does not have a car seat to be put in, lol.  As it turns out, she has one of those 3-in-1 stroller things, that also turns into a car seat, so Jihoon didn't need to bring one after all.
    This is generational. When I was a kid, I rode shotgun behind my dad. Car seats were just booster seats so your kid could see better through the front window. And seat belts were introduced sometime during my childhood, but nobody wore them. My mother-in-law could not understand why I wouldn't let her ride with my children on her lap. She thought I was being a PITA, so Grandma was not allowed to take the kids anywhere on her own.

I have no grandchildren, but my son's gf has a son. I have learned that kids have to have car seats until they are 8 or weigh a certain amount. I had my own safety seat fo the boy, approved by his mom. Not going to lie. I'm happy that he's 9, now, and I don't have to use the safety booster seat.

• kvruns said:

This is generational. When I was a kid, I rode shotgun behind my dad. Car seats were just booster seats so your kid could see better through the front window. And seat belts were introduced sometime during my childhood, but nobody wore them. My mother-in-law could not understand why I wouldn't let her ride with my children on her lap. She thought I was being a PITA, so Grandma was not allowed to take the kids anywhere on her own.

I have no grandchildren, but my son's gf has a son. I have learned that kids have to have car seats until they are 8 or weigh a certain amount. I had my own safety seat fo the boy, approved by his mom. Not going to lie. I'm happy that he's 9, now, and I don't have to use the safety booster seat.
    I'm not as sure about generational than cultural.  Or maybe a combo of both.  I'm guessing his parents are somewhere in their 50s.  My mom is a good 15 years older than them but, growing up, seat belts were NOT optional in our household, lol.  And my sister and I were kept in car seats until somewhere around 2 or 3.  I realize the current wisdom is it needs to be much older than that!

That was back in the '70s, which was before Jihoon was born.  I assume it was common, even then, to at least put babies and young toddlers in car seats.  At least in the US.  But I also have only my own family to base that on, so maybe it wasn't as common as I'm thinking it was. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker