Wedding Woes

MONDAY

I was going to say Monday Night Football is back but then I didn't want everyone thinking it was another football thread!

How was the weekend? 

Re: MONDAY

• Weekend was good but as always way way too short. We had great day watching football yesterday, the Bills came back to beat the Jets (sorry @ei34!). 

The weather was beautiful, sunny and high 60s so we could leave all the windows open and enjoy the fresh air. H finished ripping up the floors so now we’re on to figuring out if/what we can replace the few bad boards with. 1830s pine is a little hard to find these days!
  • I'm so glad this weekend is over. The funeral Friday was gut wrenching. However, it was really nice to catch up with a bunch of people I hadn't seen in a long time, including my ex's family. 

Saturday I went and got my hair done, and then my nails done. Was nice to have a day of pampering. 

I didn't do much else this weekend aside from cleaning the house and laundry, and watching massive amounts of TV...haha. 
    That sounds exactly like what you needed! 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2019
    ((hugs)) @climbingwife

Weekend was all right.  Friday, we ran to Costco and Trader Joe's.  We went by my parent's to borrow a saw from my dad.  The kiddo and his gf came over and stayed the night.

Saturday, I got up and worked a few hours.  DH ran to Lowe's to buy materials to make a loft for our barn.  I took DefConn to a bday party and then dropped him off at FIL's.  DH and I went out to dinner.  We then came home and tied one on (whoops). 

Sunday, we had to be up early to get DefConn from FIL's and take him to my dad so they could go to an air show (my kid had the BEST weekend) and then we went home had some bcbc and took a nap.  After that, we ran to the store before games started and then picked up the house.  We sportsed the rest of the day. 

Oh and I listened to The Highwomen album that came out this weekend and I cannot recommend it enough.  It's legit perfection. 
  • I got a call yesterday morning that my grandmother (98.5 years young) was unresponsive when the nurses at the care center where she lives went to get her ready & dressed for the day. She is breathing on her own, but unable to open her eyes/move. Likely she had a stroke, but she doesn't want any measures taken to prolong her life, so we are all in a waiting game to see if she revives, or not. My uncle and aunt have a house in the town where her care center is and they are on their way up there today (an 8+ hour drive from CT). In the meantime, there is nothing we can do. So I am at work going through the motions, but I really don't want to be here. I'm really only here because I have a huge meeting to lead this afternoon. 
  • Oh no @sparklepants41, hope everything is Ok! Sorry to hear that.

my weekend was TV TV TV.  I was able to get a much needed pedicure and my first pumpkin spice latte of the season but other than that - yup, boob tube.  I’m back at work but already had a rough start when my shakes flew across my seat at a red light (my fault, should have placed them on the floor from the getgo).  

• hugs @sparklepants41 that's so tough. I hope she pulls through 
  • @sparklepants41 I'm sorry. Sending you love. 
  • All the good thoughts to you and your family today @sparklepants41
  • Thank you all - hugs for you too, @climbingwife
  • @kvruns SFIL is very excited for football to return .... MIL is not lol

@charlotte989875 just a bit hard to find that wood ;)

@climbingwife Sounds like some well deserved self care! What did you do? {hair & nails}

Sorry for the novel!!!

Friday I have no idea. Why is that a blurr? I think we spoke with SFIL and MIL on the phone to plan out Saturday ....

Saturday - BabyKitten was up at 2, 4 and then 630. At 630 I just couldn't so I pulled the bday card and M got up. I got to sleep an extra 2hrs :) 

M dropped my off at my mum's place because we had PNP there, and then he took BabyKitten for MIL to watch her for the day. M ended up seeing football game with SFIL and I went shopping.

My mum got me lunch {food court chinese mmmmm ....} and 2 pairs of pants. I had been given some cash, so I got myself 3 shirts - I'll link them below because they're just super cute.
    Leopard print is in for fall AND I AM LIVING FOR IT!

Top 1
    https://www.rickis.com/leopard-print-fooler-top-8202ED313919SED4.html?dwvar_8202ED313919SED4_colour=Black%2FCharcoal%2FGrey#start=1

Top 2
    https://www.rickis.com/starry-pattern-step-hem--sweater-8046ED51390956STAR.html?dwvar_8046ED51390956STAR_colour=Heathered%20Grey%2FPearl#sz=100&gsizelink=three&start=1

Top 3
    https://www2.hm.com/en_ca/productpage.0803949005.html

My nana had given me some cash - knowing I was going shopping - and told my mum to ensure I spent on myself. I was successful but almost bought a few things for BabyKitten but didn't. Below are what and why lol
    leopard print top - didn't have her size :(
    snowsuit - I want to compare to other places
    scarf - want to see how she'll be with putting it on before buying. It's a tube style so it goes over her head - she may fight me so I wanna see if it's worth it.

We didn't do much for dinner. I made pasta for BabyKitten but she didn't seem interested. She was a little warm so we gave her yogurt {when her teeth bug her, she doesn't wanna chew food usually} and gave her a bath. She was still pretty toasty afterwards so gave her some Advil before bed.

Sunday - she woke up once in middle of the night but then we all slept until 9:30!
    But here comes my rage ....

So M and I had plans to do dinner and a movie for a late bday thing, and arranged it all with SFIL and MIL to watch her over the couple hrs again.
    Great! She slept well, and with timing she'd go down about 1pm and be up between 230 and 3, just in time to head out.
    Had breakfast, I did laundry and called my nana. By then she was sleepy and ready for nap. YES!

Give her a bit of bottle, and she goes down so beyond easy that M and I decide to have a bit of lunch and he was gonna watch a horror movie while she was asleep.

M's buddy had wanted to get together but we asked to see him next weekend since we had plans and she needed a nap beforehand.

He texts me at 130pm saying he was heading out and hoped we were home.
    Uhm FUCK NO! I texted him saying that BabyKitten was napping and we had talked about next week.
    Not only did he basically text and jump in the car, BUT HE RANG THE FUCKING DOORBELL!!!
    I was already mad he was coming over, I made M answer the door. He didn't let him in, and said we had plans so she was napping. I made a point to go over saying that she was up because of the doorbell.

BabyKitten ended up kinda going back to sleep but she really struggled. I was so fucking pissed. This isn't the first time he's just stopped in without any mention and we've told him that we can make plans but showing up at the drop of a hat isn't okay with her routine.

I was in a mood for awhile.

M and I went to see the new Lion King - good but missed a few small scenes we loved. The CGI was amazingly done and the voices were great {minus Timon - give me Nathan Lane!!}
    Then we went for sushi :) We tried a buffet, but it was a 30min wait *eye roll*
  • @sparklepants41 Sorry to hear :( What an age to be though! She's really seen it all
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2019
    Hugs to Sparkle and Climbing

Good luck on your flooring search Charlotte!

We had a good weekend.  Friday night we just relaxed at home.  Saturday, we got started on the half bath early.  H shut off the water to the house, so we could disconnect the sink.  DD was very confused that water no longer came out of the faucets!  Once DD was in bed for her nap, H and got down to cutting the pipes and installing the new shut off valves.  During this time, we also realized, the larger vanity we picked out was too big!  If we shuffled the vanity over a bit (the door was the issue), it was not centered with the light fixture anymore and looked goofy.  So we boxed it back up and I shopped online for a new one that would fit.  Once the plumbing was done, we turned the house water back on.  Thankfully there were no leaks!  Woo-hoo!  After that long day, H was exhausted, but not so much that we couldn't go out for ice cream!

Sunday I finished painting the majority of the bathroom.  Let that dry and removed the painters tape.  I will have some touch ups to do, but I'm very happy with how it came out.  I got the toilet paper holder and light switch covers back up too.  H just needs to patch the dry wall removed to do the plumbing.  Then I can paint that small area and get the new vanity installed, mirror and decor hung up.  

Tonight its just me and DD.  I do need to finish my other cake for a work baby shower.  I got it baked off last night and put in the filling this morning.  So I will hopefully get to distract DD with Peppa Pig, so I can finish that early tonight.

ETA: And the Eagles won our opener!  It was looking pretty desperate that first half, but they came back and showed up for the 2nd half!  
  • I’m so sorry @sparklepants41

Hugs @climbingwife

I worked Thursday and Friday and then Saturday we visited my parents. It was kind of annoying. It started off with my dad calling us five minutes before we were scheduled to meet asking us what we wanted to order at breakfast because he was ready and ordering. What? Then he was in a bad mood and snapped at me after I mentioned he should scale back on his carbs as he poured himself a huge bowl of chips at home. His uncontrolled diabetes is only the reason he had his last heart attack, but hey, what do I know. I also saw my brother for the first time in a while and he looks so bad. Just absolutely, utterly depressed. My family is a hot mess. Ugh. 

Yesterday we just relaxed all day. For some reason I was just beyond exhausted. I could barely keep my eyes open or even move. So I mainly napped and watched Netflix. I feel slightly better this morning but still pretty fatigued. Tomorrow we are supposed to go to Disneyland with my parents and I’m hoping I have the energy for it. Saturday was already super long. And the thought of wading through crowds and dealing with my parents all day is just exhausting me already. 

• My weekend was meh.  Friday a friend took me out to dinner at a new Korean hot pot restaurant and I stuffed myself silly.  Then we went and checked out a new jazz club that has opened.  The club is great, but either the AC was broken or they don't have it (it is an older building) b/c it was hot AF.  We stayed for one drink and then I went home.  Saturday I stayed home.  K's roller derby game is in another older building that doesn't have AC either and I just did not have it in me.  Sunday, did brunch, a brewery, and then went out, b/c I apparently just decided to drink all danged day.  I was home by 10, but I'm dragging this morning.  I really need to find a socializing hobby that isn't at a bar.  And I need Oscar movie season to start, b/c I'm not interested in any of the movies playing right now.  I'm just really restless with no projects on my plate.
  • I hope your grandmother is taken well care of and pain free @sparklepants. She certainly has had a long life. Glad you got some "you" time @climbingwife

We have company from the weekend. H and he are out doing more race stuff. I've been prepping to host my church's ladies night out. The weather has been so nice I think we will sit out on the screened porch. I had to clean stuff up because we haven't really been out there in a while. I'm also prepping to take a dinner to a friend tomorrow. She had surgery and another friend set up a meal train. I always try and take food in disposable containers but I don't have anything to take the salad dressing in that is disposable. No big deal if I don't get a small container back though. 

Not much else going on around here. 
  • Love those tops @MissKittyDanger - I remember Riki’s from when i lived there :) 

• @MissKittyDanger the unsolicited drop by is a giant pain.   We've let the family know that it is NOT OK to do this.   My dad did it once about 9 years ago and hasn't done it since (I asked what he would do if he saw H naked.  'nuff said).  FIL has the code to our garage and may send a message that he's going to come get the utility trailer or will get something out of the garage during a work day but it's always by text and with the understanding that we don't need to go out to talk to him and he doesn't come in without authorization.    

I hope M set him straight that this isn't OK and fucking with naptime isn't acceptable.   Maybe you can call him in the middle of the night the next time you're up with Baby Kitten to see if he has any pointers getting a teething toddler to go back to sleep. 
  • @CharmedPam It's great! I love their pants. Only place I feel like there's enough styles to really go with my specifics. My boss and coworker also buy pants from there so it's kinda funny ;) there has been more than once we've all come into work in exact same pants!

@short+sassy  former friends of ours would do that a lot, but I think that would have stopped after BabyKitten was born. This friend has done this before and he has some social issues, so he really doesn't know when to leave either :\  it's just so awkward.

@banana468 He had told him last time that he can't just drop by and we figured it was fine cuz he was texting me and we arranged for next weekend. M didn't even let him in and said that we had agreed to next weekend, and that BabyKitten was napping. {I made a point to be saying she was up in an exasperated tone with the monitor in hand}
  • @MissKittyDanger get a doorbell cover or put a note up saying not to ring the bell. I've had one up for 2 years it is glorious although a small kid did ring the bell during naptime a week ago but adults heed the "do not ring bell" at least
  • Ugh - local news is reporting that a fox attacked two people a mile from my house and ran off.  

We have loads of animals around here but I get prickly when I hear about them attacking people. 
  • @kvruns with how weather is, idk how well in winter it'll work but I'm gonna suggest after hallowe'en. Family knows to knock regardless, but usually when people come and we know - we try to keep an eye on the door
  • I have a post-it note taped to mine and it withstands rain, snow, and negative temps. You can also get one like this that goes over it completely. I would have gotten this but our doorbell is right by the door frame so it won't fit

https://www.amazon.com/Knock-Nanny-Door-Cover-White/dp/B00OABOHRM/
  • My door bell is detachable.  It hasn’t been attached in about a year.

• kvruns said:
    I have a post-it note taped to mine and it withstands rain, snow, and negative temps. You can also get one like this that goes over it completely. I would have gotten this but our doorbell is right by the door frame so it won't fit

https://www.amazon.com/Knock-Nanny-Door-Cover-White/dp/B00OABOHRM/
    I think I may look into a cover like that! We had decals on the door and with rain/snow, they almost came off.
  • My door bell is detachable.  It hasn’t been attached in about a year.
    My door bell didn't work when I bought my house, so we just removed the button instead of spending money to fix it, lmao.

Though for my first birthday in the new house, my H bought me an antique looking (though it isn't) wrought iron bell that is attached to the side of our door.  It's also decorated with a fleur de lis design.  I love it!

Our house is pretty long and we can't hear either someone knocking or that bell, in the back of our house.  Oh well!  Just another reason people need to text ahead of time.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hugs @climbingwife and sorry to hear about your grandmother @sparklepants41 good luck getting home @short+sassy lol it's okay @charlotte989875 congrats to the Bills..we didn't deserve the W 

Oldest DD went into school crying this morning as well as Friday..she did it last year too I think she'll get the routine down by the end of this week.  Still a sad way for me to start my day.  I'm having the weirdest wanderlust career-wise...just got home from a job interview at yet another school. 
    Weekend highlights included ice skating on Saturday, and on Sunday our family mass had a blessing of the backpacks, and lasagna for dinner.  Cousin's wedding Friday night was a blast.