Wedding Woes

Fantasy Football

Re: Fantasy Football

• If last night's performance by my QB and WR1 are any indication, I'm in trouble this year.
  • kvruns said:
    If last night's performance by my QB and WR1 are any indication, I'm in trouble this year.
    I definitely wasn’t mad about that!
  • haha.  The hazard of having QB and WR1 on the same team although I've had it before and worked out well. I have no thoughts of repeating my title from last year!
  • kvruns said:
    haha.  The hazard of having QB and WR1 on the same team although I've had it before and worked out well. I have no thoughts of repeating my title from last year!
    The first few weeks there is so little offense that I think it’s going to happen to everyone. I don’t think Rogers played more than a few snaps in all of pre-season. 
  • It’s gonna be a looooooong FF season 
  • edited September 2019
    kvruns said:
    It’s gonna be a looooooong FF season 
    My husband doubted my Lamar Jackson pick!

But also I left Austin Ekeler on my bench. 
  • My kicker is my only bright spot 😂😂
  • kvruns said:
    My kicker is my only bright spot 😂😂
    I have him in my other league. Which was great because I sat Sammy Watkins who had 3 TDs. 
  • I'm so glad the Colts didn't get blown out, unlike my FF team. 

It's possible that the GOAT is no longer that great and that's sad, but I kind of hope the Colts are looking at who they're going for next as kicker.  Did Carli Lloyd sign with anyone?  ;) (Y'all saw the video of her nailing a 50+ FG, right?) 
  • Yes maybe we can grab her! I didn't watch the game except for the very beginning when I saw the first missed PAT. I can't believe he missed that many kicks. Ugh. 

We would have been a good FF matchup since both our teams sucked
  • Sooo, that was a crazy Mon. night game!  Whoa.  Here's my personal recap of the events in my house toward the end of the game, lol.

It was actually hilarious because my H stomped off in a huff after the Texans got their last touchdown.  And then missed the extra point, but got a chance to do it over because of a penalty that didn't even matter for missing it.  OMG we were PO'ed!  Not at the ref, that was a valid call.  But at Murphy's Law.

We actually thought the game was over and that was when he huffed off.  But I stayed in the living room and thought, "Oh.  I guess the Saints do get 40ish seconds to do a few plays.  Whatever.  It's hardly any time."

And then I'm sitting there stunned as they got close enough to try for that successful FG.  I pause the game and go get my H, "Uhhh.  I think you want to come back in here!"  He rewound the last Saints possession and FG 3x, because he just couldn't believe it, lol.

Every single other team in our division lost their first game so, that was also good news!  But I'm hoping this isn't going to turn into another season where the Saints forget there are TWO halves.  And stop waiting until the second one to play for real, smh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This week is terrible. The defense I was up against scored almost 40 points and 2 of my starters got hurt and scored 0 points.  Now all I need is my last two players to score 50 points each and I’ll win 😐
  • This week is terrible. The defense I was up against scored almost 40 points and 2 of my starters got hurt and scored 0 points.  Now all I need is my last two players to score 50 points each and I’ll win 😐
    Are you Dirty Punts? You have a few people left that could be good!

@ei34 I cant believe we tied!!
  • Drew Brees (Saints QB)...NNOOOOO!!!  He tore a ligament in his thumb and needs surgery.  He's going to be out for at least six weeks :(.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

That’s me! This week was brutal. Hoping that the Browns can salvage my loss by not being an entire embarrassment tonight! 
  • Drew Brees (Saints QB)...NNOOOOO!!!  He tore a ligament in his thumb and needs surgery.  He's going to be out for at least six weeks :(.
    My husband has him as a QB and was very upset. I very much like the Saints and I’m sorry you lost him. Hopefully he recovers soon! 
    thank goodness I grabbed him as a backup and not my starter!

My team continues to shit the bed so that would have been the final nail in the dismal start to the season. 

And the Colts....well they've been surprising me so far but w t f Adam Viniateri? There are rumors he will announce his retirement today since he's had two crappy games. Not sure if he has a case of the yips or an unknown injury but we need him to stay get it together and stay. 

That’s me! This week was brutal. Hoping that the Browns can salvage my loss by not being an entire embarrassment tonight! 
    The jets are pretty bad so maybe? But you’ve got Leveon Bell too so regardless who wins you’re getting points 😂
  • Last week yahoo gave me a D-, this week it is a C. I'm moving up in the world!

My favorite part of my recap was this gem: "KVruns This Team would have lost to every other team in the league this week." They forgot to start the sentence by saying "for the second week in a row"
  • I got C -

They made sure to point out there was no drama because I was down by 86 points on Sunday lol 
  • Well my strategy of picking up a Thursday night defense was clearly a terrible one. 
  • I won a game!! Finally!! I thought the day would never come
  • I got a D+ for this week in MKF, and a B+ in the league I play in with Mr. Pants. Still can't believe I kept Jordan Howard on my bench - 31 points!!! Arrrghhh. 
  • I’m so good in this league and so terrible in my work league! I got a B, which isn’t too bad considering the Baltimore D for me -1 points. 
  • I’m so good in this league and so terrible in my work league! I got a B, which isn’t too bad considering the Baltimore D for me -1 points. 
    My D lost me points too!  Next year I'm going to try to remember to draft a quality DEF higher, the right one can get you a solid 10 pts each week.
  • FF is driving me crazy. I turn on the GB v Dallas game and GB is up 31-10 so I’m thinking yes I have Aaron Rogers playing and Dak Prescott On the bench. Nope Rogers scores me a whopping 9 points whereas Prescott would have gotten 25 even though they were losing most of the game. Ugh so annoying. Last week Rogers had a bunch and Prescott got jack and of course I played the reverse last week. I quit. 
  • Well @ei34 your Jets may be terrible but that’s the highest FF score I’ve ever seen. 

@kvruns I’m having the same thing in my other league. I sat Jared Goff and started Jacoby Brissett and evening with the Indy win and his TD run I still only got 10 points from him. 
  • Holy shit Eileen!! WOW.  And I think your bench may have beat my active roster....
  • Sparklepants had a huge game too! I can't believe some of the scores players put up this weekend

I just want to point out how horrible my team is. My entire team, including active and bench, scored a total of 124 points LOL
  • My bench alone had 70+ points! Yeah that's never happened before.  I picked up the Eagles DEF a few days ago since my old D was losing points...I almost didn't bc the Eagles were playing my poor Jets this week but I'm glad I powered through.
    I'm sure I'll score like 84 pts next week lol
    Congrats @sparklepants41 on your points too!