Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

Re: 90 Day fiance

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2019
    Oh god!  So too much jiggy jiggy then?!?
    Edit: That article switches from Aladdin and Aladin.  One is Ala-din and the other is a Disney prince.

Karine & Paul’s baby is cuuuuuuute

i actually like Jihoon.  I think he’s funny.  Devan seems to serious for him though.  She’s not getting his jokes. But maybe because she’s 22 and has to be the adult?  I mean, sure he’s got a criminal record and did something illegal but who hasn’t stole phones, refurbished them and tried to sell them?  AmIright? 
    And don’t think for one minute she flew to South Korea thinking they had a place/money.  She must have asked sometime before.  Hence why Drascilla wasn’t with her. 

• Why did Laura’s son go there if he wasn’t going to be involved. Jenny- Get on a plane a go home! Rebecca...does he really need to know everything you did before him? Maybe the still being married thing is more important to tell him.
  • debbeau said:
    Why did Laura’s son go there if he wasn’t going to be involved. Jenny- Get on a plane a go home! Rebecca...does he really need to know everything you did before him? Maybe the still being married thing is more important to tell him.
    Yeeeees.
    all of this!

• Oh god!  So too much jiggy jiggy then?!?
    Edit: That article switches from Aladdin and Aladin.  One is Ala-din and the other is a Disney prince.

Karine & Paul’s baby is cuuuuuuute

i actually like Jihoon.  I think he’s funny.  Devan seems to serious for him though.  She’s not getting his jokes. But maybe because she’s 22 and has to be the adult?  I mean, sure he’s got a criminal record and did something illegal but who hasn’t stole phones, refurbished them and tried to sell them?  AmIright? 
    And don’t think for one minute she flew to South Korea thinking they had a place/money.  She must have asked sometime before.  Hence why Drascilla wasn’t with her. 
    yea I think the problem with them is Devan has been forced to grow up because she had a kid at a young age whereas Jihoon has never had to grow up and still acts super immature. What in the world drew them together idk
  • Ok, I'm finally caught up on TOW. 

Jenny, go the fuck home already!! 

The tour Tiffany did of the hospital was definitely shocking. I think she ended up having the baby in the states. 

Laura's son is definitely acting like an ass. Why fly all the way there to hide in your hotel room and fight with your mom? 

I also don't understand why Rebecca even feels the need to tell Zied she was with a woman? Agree it's probably more freaking important to tell this guy you're still married when he's planning on proposing to you. 

I was also impressed with how kind Paul's mom was. 
  • I forget, has Rebecca told him she is married yet? Or do we just hear that in the one on one interviews?

That hospital did not look appealing, that is for sure. I remember the lady saying if they don't have enough beds you get a spot on the floor. Does not sound appealing at all, especially with 25-30 births per day
  • kvruns said:
    I forget, has Rebecca told him she is married yet? Or do we just hear that in the one on one interviews?

That hospital did not look appealing, that is for sure. I remember the lady saying if they don't have enough beds you get a spot on the floor. Does not sound appealing at all, especially with 25-30 births per day
    No!  Rebecca still hasn't told him, smh.  THAT is, by far, the most pertinent information because that is a current fact about her.  If a person needs to keep staggering their "shocking news" to an SO, so that it isn't too much at once.  Maybe that's a sign!

I was good with the hospital tour initially...ie, no, it's not great, but it looks serviceable considering their financial situation...UNTIL they got to the part where the manager said, "We try to make sure women have a bed for the delivery. But it's possible you'll have to deliver on the floor."  Cue screeching brake sound!  Oh HELL no!!!

I think they should have taken a cue from Pao and delivered at home, with a mid-wife.  Of course, it doesn't guarantee that she or the baby or both might not still end up in the hospital.  But at least there is a chance they can avoid that.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Right, the hospital suddenly seemed much worse when you find out you could be birthing that baby on the floor! 
  • Right, the hospital suddenly seemed much worse when you find out you could be birthing that baby on the floor! 
    Don’t forget the father can’t be there either! 

Don’t forget the father can’t be there either! 
    That was another major bummer.  Though an understandable policy, considering the lack of privacy.

However, if she gave birth in the US like the rumors state, he couldn't have been there either.  I'm really curious about that and will have to go online and track it down at some point.  I'm assuming because of the long flight, she would have had to be away from her H for at least a couple months before birth and probably a month or so after.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I watched part of Pillow Talk last night and Tarik's brother had me cracking up.  "Oh no Darcey...keep them tear ducts tight.  Keep 'em TIGHT!" as he was clenching his fists feels like a kinder version of me every time she is on screen.  I was howling!

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2019
    Ro041 said:
    I watched part of Pillow Talk last night and Tarik's brother had me cracking up.  "Oh no Darcey...keep them tear ducts tight.  Keep 'em TIGHT!" as he was clenching his fists feels like a kinder version of me every time she is on screen.  I was howling!
    I love Dean (Tarik's brother)!  He is always really animated, blunt, and hilarious!  Him and Annie are my Pillow Talk faves.

I had really liked Loren and Alexei also.  Loren especially seemed to always say exactly what I was thinking, lol.  I was disappointed they are not on this season.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ro041 said:
    I watched part of Pillow Talk last night and Tarik's brother had me cracking up.  "Oh no Darcey...keep them tear ducts tight.  Keep 'em TIGHT!" as he was clenching his fists feels like a kinder version of me every time she is on screen.  I was howling!
    They are hilarious!! They remind me of my family tbh 😂
  • Cesar can’t be that delusional can he?
  • I’m going to be mixing before the 90 days and the other way since I watched both last night so i could catch up on the board!!!

Liam: Can you please give me your address?  I’d like to send you a pair of scissors.  Time to cut that umbilical cord, babe.

Michael’s mom’s advise to him:  seemed kinda weird. “It’s ok to lie to everyone around you - just not her”.  I’m no mom or anything, but that’s not the advise I’d give my child. 

Corey:  glad Evelin is treating you better - but don’t forget how she was.  Also - she doesn’t want to get married.  It’s not the best foot to start on in a marriage if only 1/2 of you wants it.

Jihoon:  While I totally totally get Devan being reluctant to marry the man, I truly feel like he has changed and is changing.  People make mistakes. I think she knows that and that’s why she still married him but set up boundaries on money which hey - had to be done. 

Ben & Akinyi:  I fast forward during their segments.  Or get up and do things.  I find their storyline boring. 

• I agree, @CharmedPam.  While I understand Liam's concern about his mother and her whirlwind marriage, that's all water under the bridge now.  She already DID marry him and he needs to stop acting like a petulant child and being rude AF to Aladin.  He doesn't need to be besties with him, but Aladin is being very welcoming, very nice, and even very understanding of why Liam is upset.  Liam at least needs to be polite and pleasant, even if it is on the colder and more formal side.

And both Aladin and Michael, along with their SOs Laura and Angela, need to get their heads out of their asses on the realities of women over 50 having babies.  The choices are pretty much surrogacy or adoption.  Angela is the only one who maybe seems to get that.

I'm not sure what flabbergasted me more.  The fact that Aladin thought it would be NBD for Laura to have his baby.  Or that Liam was arguing how dangerous it would be.  Maybe it is, I don't know.  But neither does Liam.  I doubt what he knows about women's gynecology expands beyond Hustler, lol. 

Spoiler:
    Corey and Evelin aren't married.  But he's still living in Ecuador with her and they are running their business together.  I think the whole attitude of "whelp, I have to marry her in the next 30 days, or I need to leave the country, even though she's been adamant all along she doesn't want to get married" is TLC b.s.  He obviously has and had some other kind of visa or strategy that allows him to stay in Ecuador.  Because his stupidity would have to rival Cesar's (fake story!), otherwise.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2019
    debbeau said:
    Cesar can’t be that delusional can he?
    Right? I’m so over this storyline. TLC needs to give it up. 
  • Yeah, Cesar's storyline is so annoying, especially knowing that it was essentially all staged.  

Liam needs to get a grip.  I don't know how he thinks he has any say in whether his mom chooses to procreate again.  Now whether it can even happen is a different question.  But he get exactly zero say in whether that is something they are going to try to do. 

• Ro041 said:
    Yeah, Cesar's storyline is so annoying, especially knowing that it was essentially all staged.  

Liam needs to get a grip.  I don't know how he thinks he has any say in whether his mom chooses to procreate again.  Now whether it can even happen is a different question.  But he get exactly zero say in whether that is something they are going to try to do. 
    I’m hoping TLC told him to pout and be all sad that fhe attention would be taken away from him. 

He’s 22 ffs

• HE'S 22?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Ro041 said:
    HE'S 22?!?!?!?!?!?!
    I thought he was 21, lol.  But yeah.  Either way, he seems a lot more immature than that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ro041 said:
    HE'S 22?!?!?!?!?!?!
    I thought he was 21, lol.  But yeah.  Either way, he seems a lot more immature than that.
    Oh.  Maybe.  I thought I heard Aladin say “i’m 29 and you’re 22” during their talk but all reports say 21.  

• Ro041 said:
    Yeah, Cesar's storyline is so annoying, especially knowing that it was essentially all staged.  

Whining about him not being able the get taken care of and not getting enough attention was cringeworthy. I didn’t realize he was that old, which makes it even worse. 

I thought the ceremony was interesting on the second day. Could you imagine if we did that in America? 

I’m also getting very annoyed with the complaining about customs in other countries. Laura’s comment about looking like Mr. T was disrespectful and uncalled for. 
  • Ro041 said:

Whining about him not being able the get taken care of and not getting enough attention was cringeworthy. I didn’t realize he was that old, which makes it even worse. 

I thought the ceremony was interesting on the second day. Could you imagine if we did that in America? 

I’m also getting very annoyed with the complaining about customs in other countries. Laura’s comment about looking like Mr. T was disrespectful and uncalled for. 
    The second day celebration was interesting because the part where it's customary for all the guests to give the groom monetary gifts...that are then announced how much! lmao...would be super rude in the U.S.  But if it is normal there, then so be it.

I was also put off by Laura's comment.  I wish I could make a rule that the 90DF shows aren't allowed to air in other countries, lol.  The Americans on it so often play into the stereotype of being intolerant and/or clueless of other cultures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2019
    I’m watching before the 90 days and I really don’t like Jennifer (the Colombian lady who doesn’t buckle the car seat). She was being so rude to him after he said he was afraid of heights and didn’t want to do the swing. While I’m sure it was probably a “straw that broke the camels back” type of thing but she was just rude 

Avery and Mr Syria - him saying now that they are married or they are having an argument she just needs to be quiet. Whaaaaaaaaaat?!
  • kvruns said:
    I’m watching before the 90 days and I really don’t like Jennifer (the Colombian lady who doesn’t buckle the car seat). She was being so rude to him after he said he was afraid of heights and didn’t want to do the swing. While I’m sure it was probably a “straw that broke the camels back” type of thing but she was just rude 

Avery and Mr Syria - him saying now that they are married or they are having an argument she just needs to be quiet. Whaaaaaaaaaat?!
    I still like Jenifer.  I took that banter as being playful.  I could definitely see myself doing that.

Avery:  This is exactly what her mother warned her of.

• kvruns said:

I still like Jenifer.  I took that banter as being playful.  I could definitely see myself doing that.

It is interesting you say that because I took it that way at first but then she seemed to get mean or at least took it past joking and into real digs. He seemed to take it that way too although it looked like they both were just DONE at that point haha
  • kvruns said:
    kvruns said:

It is interesting you say that because I took it that way at first but then she seemed to get mean or at least took it past joking and into real digs. He seemed to take it that way too although it looked like they both were just DONE at that point haha
    Overall, I like Jennifer.  But she does need to stop the name-calling.

On that particular excursion, I think he was the one primarily being a jerk.  He was obviously in a bad mood and being curt with her for no reason.  However, I also don't think she should have been so pushy for him to try the swing.  Tim seems like a nice enough guy, but I would find him maddening to be with.  But he is too prissy and insecure for my taste.

On a different couple, I just keep cringing for Tom.  He has got to keep asking himself WTF did I get into with Drama-Llama Darcey?  She makes everything so awkward!  The crying.  The baring her soul, but at wrong times.  The constant, never-ending need for attention.  Ugh!

I REALLY did not like Benjamin in that episode!  But I also can't help but wonder if that restaurant scene was mostly/all faked by TLC.  Akinyi seemed to be very drunk after just a couple sips of her drink.  I'm not buying that.  Even if she is a light weight.  But if real, then Mr. Judgy Holy Roller went way off the deep end with it!  He's suddenly "rethinking" asking her to marry him because she had one drink with dinner and doesn't like how she is "drunk"?  And can he trust her with his son?  Really?!?!  WTF, dude.  The fact that she gets drunk from one drink should tell him that she hardly ever drinks.  His weird obsession with alcohol and wanting his FI to be a teetotaler was reminding me of Jesse.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So I will admit - I was going off last weeks episode and not this week.  Last week they were on the ferris wheel and she was making fun of him then.  Like I would do. This week was the swing and yeah she was mean about it. Like, my friends HATE haunted houses - ok.  Cool. Not your thing and i respect that.  I’d never make fun of them or push them like jeniffer did.  

I have no words for Darcey & Tom.  And Tracey even lays it on thick with her man too.  It’s all for the show but man alive do people like them really exist? Are “good looks” and a big chest really that important to Tom?

Rebecca and Zied.  Taking money from her for an engagement ring is NOT any more romantic!  Yay.  She just bought herself her own e-ring.  

Benjamin cutting her off pissed me off too! No man will ever cut me off. After one drink anyway. And where she drank was appropriate.  A restaurant/bar.  Doesn’t mean she’ll drink in front of his 5 year old.  He looked way into that.  But like I said before, I rarely pay attention to them anyway.  Yawnfest. 

I will catch up on before the 90 days tonight.  Or is that the other way?  Which one airs Monday’s?  I get so damn confused. 

• I get confused on which is which too. Before the 90 days is the Tim/Darcy/Benjamin, etc.  The Other Way is Pole, Cory, Jenny/Sumit, etc. I haven't watched this one yet, but I need to