Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

Re: 90 Day fiance

• @CharmedPam, Before the 90 Days is on Sundays.  The Other Way is on Mondays.  But I had to think about that.  It all does kinda blur together, but that's fine.  Because it's all good!

But on these posts, I just mention the couples' names and don't really worry about which show they are on.  We all know who they are and their story lines here, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm watching the newest Other Way and the Liam thing is just so odd. Makes it sound like he wants to be like Coltee and be with his mom forever. 

Do you really think he skipped the first 2 days of the wedding? I feel like it is a fake story line for the show. No way you'd fly out there and then hide for days. 
  • kvruns said:
    I'm watching the newest Other Way and the Liam thing is just so odd. Makes it sound like he wants to be like Coltee and be with his mom forever. 

Do you really think he skipped the first 2 days of the wedding? I feel like it is a fake story line for the show. No way you'd fly out there and then hide for days. 
    I was thinking this too.  Also - the “make up” conversation between him and Aladin was really awkward.  It’s Aladin and Laura right?  I’m to lazy to look it up.

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2019
    Yep Aladin and Laura. I forget and confuse names all the time.

Sumit and Jenny is weird too. She seemed so happy when he came back but I'm thinking he needed a slap in the face not a hug & kiss hehe. 

edit: I just noticed that when Pole says his son's name he says "Pierre-y" kind of like Coltee. I assumed it was normal pronounciation of Pierre so now I'm curious about it. 
  • kvruns said:
    Yep Aladin and Laura. I forget and confuse names all the time.

Sumit and Jenny is weird too. She seemed so happy when he came back but I'm thinking he needed a slap in the face not a hug & kiss hehe. 

edit: I just noticed that when Pole says his son's name he says "Pierre-y" kind of like Coltee. I assumed it was normal pronounciation of Pierre so now I'm curious about it. 
    I've noticed that also.  I also assumed that must just be how the name Pierre is pronounced in Portuguese.

I am also calling total bs on the Liam (Laura's son) storyline.  He was so combative in the previous episodes.  But then did a complete and total 180 for the last day of the wedding.  The "epiphany" and "I've seen the error of my ways" conversations he had with both Aladin and Laura were really rehearsed sounding. Plus, people are rarely self-reflective enough to completely change their stance like that in such a short time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also discovered pillow talk.  These people are FUNNY! Who are they?  

• They are couples from past seasons of the various 90DF shows/spinoffs. 
  • Okay, who thought Evelin would say yes?
  • debbeau said:
    Okay, who thought Evelin would say yes?
    Not me, lol!  But I'm glad she did.  They seem good together.

I was cracking up when he was talking to her dad and the dad gave his permission, but warned him that Evelin was the one he really needed to convince, lol.  Her dad seemed really nice.

He really went all out with that proposal!  I liked it.

Speaking of nice families, I've always liked Jihoon's.  His parents have always been so welcoming and loving with Deavan.  His aunts who were there for the wedding ceremony seemed so sweet also.  They were really trying to get to know Deavan.  But with the language barrier, they were at least giving her big smiles.  I also saw them in the background, during the different ceremony rituals, cooing at and playing with their baby great-nephew.  So cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I find it very strange Tom doesn’t want to take Darcy to his house where he lives even though they are in that city. What do you think is wrong with it? It can’t just be that his sister lives next door 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    edited October 2019
    How can Jenny tell Sumit she doesn’t blame him?!?! Uhhh he’s 100000000% to blame and only him. 

Is it just me or did Daniel seem a whole lot more sad than Tiffany to be leaving South Africa. Guessing she isn’t outwardly emotional which I get but I swear she didn’t seem sad. I am glad for them that she is going back bc S Africa didn’t seem like a good place for them 
  • debbeau said:
    Okay, who thought Evelin would say yes?
    Wtf on the hot air balloon that is tethered so they just go up a little? Seems like a big production to only get to go up a little bit 
  • @kvruns, I also thought that was strange with Tom.  Maybe she comes over all the time and he wanted more alone time with Darcey than that.  And he does appear to have plenty of money to spare.  Plus, his sister is pretty overbearing, which he warned Darcey about.

And I do know that occasionally my H and I will do a stay-cation, when I get a free hotel offer from Harrahs.  Their hotel is less than 2 miles from my house, lol.  But it's in a different enough part of the city to still be a fun getaway.

----------

Jenny was PO'ing me off with that!  Girl, NO!  He might love you and he might not have had a choice but to marry that other women because of the culture he is in.  But he absolutely CHOSE to LIE to you about that, even though it meant you'd be giving up your life over that lie.  That's not real love.  That's selfish love.

----------

I'm sure it was still fun to go up in the balloon tethered.  It looks like it still went up pretty high.  But I was curious as to why they didn't do it for real.  Evelin mentioned she was afraid of heights, so maybe that was the reason?

I've been on a hot air balloon ride!  It's pretty wild!  It's great and a lot of fun, but I'm not even afraid of heights and it was scary.  I had the thought a few times, "The only thing keeping me from plunging thousands of feet to my death is a giant wicker basket, lol."

The guy who took me (b/f at the time) had worked for a few years for balloon companies, though not when I knew him.  But he called up one of his contacts to arrange a ride for us.  During the ride, him and the pilot hopped up onto the edge of the basket to sit on it...just like a normal person might hop up onto a table or kitchen countertop.  Freaked me right TF out, lol.  I didn't actually say anything, I just said in my head, "They've both been on 100s of balloon rides, they know what they're doing."  But I couldn't even look at them perched on the edge like that!  It was too unnerving.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We see a decent number of hot air balloons flying around my neighborhood though I've never been and have no plans to ever go in one. There is a museum nearby with a permanently tethered balloon you can go up in too. 
  • There is something off with Tom.  And Darcey seemed to be less made up and less dramatic when his sister was around.  Maybe she’s not as bad as tlc wants her to be?

Tiffany and Ronald - yes!  I was thinking that about Daniel too. Laying it on real thick!  Lol.  I was like damn there’s a lot of love in that family!  U.S.A. see this show and grant him his damn visa so he can be with his family!

jenny - she wants EVERYone fo know what a great guy he is.  It’s not his fault.  ‘Cept he could have told you in casual convo that he was married.  

I can’t wait for the talk show ep.  looks like it gets heated In those interviews.

• I'm not 100% caught up. But I still can't believe Sumit let Jenny MOVE to India. How did he think this was going to go??
  • Exactly! And I think that's why it pisses me off that she's defending him and saying he did nothing wrong. 

Unless this is all a storyline for the show and she knew all along....
  • Her reaction makes me think she didn't know. 

But yeah, her defending him is just...no. You left your entire life in the US behind because of a LIE!
  • Watching last nights Before the 90 Days and I’m laughing at Tom being Mr Salsa and Darcy just trying to bump n grind 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    edited October 2019
    Omg Benjamin and Akinis Family is just painful, poor guy is sweating bullets 

I like how he’s like look I brought you groceries as an offering and her dad is like normally we have this stuff if someone dies 😂
  • kvruns said:
    Omg Benjamin and Akinis Family is just painful, poor guy is sweating bullets 

I like how he’s like look I brought you groceries as an offering and her dad is like normally we have this stuff if someone dies 😂
    I know there is a lot of cultural difference going on, but her family comes off terribly.  They are so hostile to him.  Heck, Akini was the one who told him what to buy!  So apparently, even within their culture, it's not "common knowledge" that those were not appropriate gifts.

I mean, it's useful gifts...grocery items...just say thank-you and chalk it up to Benjamin didn't know.  They also would have known that Akini played a part in it, too.  Yet it was all his fault. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It was just so odd - and yea I was thinking that too about how she said what to buy. Unless I forgot the end, they haven't finished the conversation right? They brought her back in but I don't remember anything else happening unless I spaced out
  • No, they haven't finished the conversation.  The show made that a cliffhanger.  And now Benjamin is freaking out because they didn't even talk about the bride price, but her father has already called for her to come back.

I really liked the outfit she was wearing.  It was a pretty and colorful fabric...and fun that Benjamin had a matching shirt...with black lace accents.  And I've always been a fan of dresses with a wide belt.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Watching the Other Way tell all and I always liked Laura and Aladin but I really didn’t like him in this tell all for sure 
  • Bahahahahahaha on Toms gift to Darcy 
  • Tom's gift to Darcey had me rolling. I did think it was sweet that he ran back into the airport. 

I can't believe Tim and Jeniffer didn't have sex after spending 2 weeks together. Wow. 
  • debbeaudebbeau member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Answer
    edited October 2019
    Tom seemed very lovey dovey out of the blue on this episode. How do you all of a sudden realize you are madly in love with someone and start showing it. 
    Jenny please come to your senses. 
    Tim come one. Don’t blame her you know you probably wouldn’t  have put out anyway even if she didn’t fall asleep.
    Michael should run while he can.
  • I'd love to ask Darcey.  Which was more disappointing?  Jesse's promise ring or Tom's house key?

I think she should mess with him!  Oh, okay.  He gave her the key to his house as a symbol that she's always welcome (or whatever).  She should book a surprise trip to England.  And then just be hanging out on his couch in PJs watching tv, when he gets home from work, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What's even stranger to me is that he gave her a key, yet never even let her see his house. 
  • Exactly! And that key can't be a real key, right? It was just a symbol. 

Tim and Jennifer are just weird.  Full stop.  And put that kid in a car seat for the love of all that is holy.