Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

Re: 90 Day fiance

• oh good to know, I hadn't looked to see if there was a new one or not
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2020
    I’m not sure why, but the “Anny cries while shopping for a wedding dress” made me laugh!

Edit: ha!  I just noticed now you can see my reflection.  So glad I chose to wear clothes!

• All these couples just make me cringe anymore 
  • Agreed.  I know a lot of it is elaborated for entertainment sake, but the chemistry between some of them is just not there, which cannot be faked.

• It is sad when I'm starting to think Angela and Michael make the most sense haha
  • Ugh!  The scene between Murcel and Anna was so sad!  That was real heart-wrenching tears from both of them.  And Murcel seemed even more broken-up about it than Anna...but he's the one flat out choosing his family over her!  Even though they are the ones telling him they'll cut him off if he stays with Anna, because they are the uber-judgmental ones.  Maybe some of this is cultural differences, but I just don't get it at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • He seems so upset yet at nearly 40 or however old he is he can't choose this supposed love. You can't be that upset then buddy
  • kvruns said:
    He seems so upset yet at nearly 40 or however old he is he can't choose this supposed love. You can't be that upset then buddy
    I think that very fact was part of Anna's anger and irritation.  At one point she even said something like, "No, you can't really love me if you're choosing your family over me."

Just as a general statement, it's one thing for a person to choose their minor children over a partner (like if the partner doesn't treat their children right).  Because taking care of a minor child(ren) is a person's most important duty.  But choosing your parents/siblings over your FI?  Especially when it's the family being the unreasonable ones.  That makes no sense.

I think a bigger problem is he should have already spread his wings and flown.  Had his own independence.  But he didn't.  Like in that movie "Failure to Launch".  So now he can't picture his life living without his family, even when it is at the sacrifice of never being able to start his own.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So I looked up spoilers on Anna and mursel 

I read that they did get married. Could this just be show drama and they’re already married and this was a planned trip back home?  Sometimes I think the emotions seem real and sometimes I don’t 

• kvruns said:
    So I looked up spoilers on Anna and mursel 

I had read something like that also.  And thought maybe this will be another twist later on.

I don't know if the show is cracking down better on leaks.  But, in previous seasons, it seemed like I could easily find which couples really did get married and which ones didn't.  But for the last few various 90DF show seasons, there is less verified information roaming around.  It's more guessing from looking at cast members social media activity.

No doubt, there is a lot of creative editing.  If a camera crew was taping me for 12 hours/day for weeks at a time, I'm sure they could find clips and take things out of context to portray my "personality" however they wanted to, whether that was accurate or not.  I've also read that, although cast members are not given scripts, they are told to keep emotions high and amp up whatever "drama" is happening in the relationship.

I do try to take what's shown with a major grain of salt.  But, at the same time, it's entertainment.  And I also love the gossiping and discussions the show creates for online forums!  Even when I know the shows are only "part" reality, lol.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So they do the interview shots all at once - or does Anna just like that yellow t-shirt?

• I didn't watch last night's episode yet. But all of these couples annoy me. 

Mike and Natalie - I thought it was pretty fucked up she said she didn't love him, especially when she's told him that before. 

Anna and Murcel - this is the longest breakup ever. I can't stand either of them. 

Angela - her hair is so awful, I can't even look at it anymore. 

I was happy to not see Robert and Anny on an episode. 
  • @CharmedPam, I'm sure they do the interview shots all at once or close to it.  Everyone is wearing the same outfit for all their interviews throughout the season.

Television, in general, has started falling down on the job with that, lol.  My H and I watch Penn and Teller's "Fool Us" show.  They seem to change their suits and ties but the hostess, Alyson Hannigan, wears the same outfit for the whole season.  With the exception of the Christmas episode.

25ish years ago, when I was in my high school's band.  One of our fundraisers was to be part of the live studio audience for game shows.  The studios will pay not-for-profit groups to do that and provide buses.  Not just for game shows, that just seemed to be the genre we were always brought in for.  But the "returning" game show contestant...of course, every day people, not even actors/actresses...would come back out in a different outfit for the next episode.  Giving the illusion it was a different day, since the shows would air on different days.

And maybe they still do that for game shows.  But it is a little disappointing to see that other shows can't even be bothered to try and trick their audience with something so simple anymore, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @climbingwife, I won't give away any actual details.  But Robert and Anny were back on last night's episode.  Though it was only one scene.  I don't think they've been fan favorites.  They don't seem to get much air time.

Anna and Murcel weren't on it at all.  Though previews for the coming week looks like at least Anna will be back.

It was more Blake/Jasmine than usual.  Though, overall, they don't seem to have gotten much air time over the season.  A good bit of Julianna in the episode, as she gets ready for the wedding.  Also, another Angela/Michael heavy episode (groan).  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2020
    Oh, I forgot Julianna. I really like her the best. And I like the relationship she has with Michael's ex. 

Jasmine and Blake are terrible. 
  • Oh, I forgot Julianna. I really like her the best. And I like the relationship she has with Michael's ex. 

Jasmine and Blake are terrible. 
    I've liked Julianna and Michael more than I thought I would.  From the episode the week before, I was laughing that it was Michael's ex who took Julianna for her wedding dress fitting!  It has been really refreshing to see how welcoming his kids and even his ex have been to her.

I have really side-eyed Jasmine, but have liked Blake.  But then he called her "stupid" in a fight they had last night, which is not cool.

I'd been liking Mike and Natalie, but she's been acting bizarre the last couple episodes.  They were in some of the episode last night.

Real life spoiler:  They were spotted with a camera crew at Pike's Market in Seattle.  Perhaps Natalie will be in a future season of 90DF.  Only, this time, with her K-1 visa ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2020
    Mike and Natalie are weird. They make it sound like this huge breakup but then really he was leaving on his normal flight. And her being all over him and praising him in the car was weird. Shouldn’t you be saying nice stuff instead of saying you don’t love him etc before it’s time to leave? 

Robert and Anny with meeting the older brother was weird. The brother didn’t seem receptive to meeting to her at all. Maybe just for the camera or editing but it seemed like he didn’t give her a chance. But then the same old thrift stores Convo over and over. I like when she’s talking about Robert having 5 kids and the brother is like oh cmon I have 7 kids like to make him look better. Lol 

• kvruns said:
    Mike and Natalie are weird. They make it sound like this huge breakup but then really he was leaving on his normal flight. And her being all over him and praising him in the car was weird. Shouldn’t you be saying nice stuff instead of saying you don’t love him etc before it’s time to leave? 

Robert and Anny with meeting the older brother was weird. The brother didn’t seem receptive to meeting to her at all. Maybe just for the camera or editing but it seemed like he didn’t give her a chance. But then the same old thrift stores Convo over and over. I like when she’s talking about Robert having 5 kids and the brother is like oh cmon I have 7 kids like to make him look better. Lol 
    That ride to the airport with Mike and Natalie was weird.  It was like a Jekyll and Hyde.  She's been so withdrawn and upset.  But then was suddenly all lovey-dovey again.  Though still wouldn't say she loved him.

Then Anny makes a comment about how they should have started using condoms after the first unexpected kid.  And the brother replies back with something like "we don't know what you do".  Excuse me?!?!  Well, apparently whatever she does, has resulted in her not having any children before she is ready.  So obviously she is the only one doing something right with her birth control plan. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Omg Jasmin.  I love when the pillow talk people called her dripping with personality.  She really never gave Blake’s friends a chance.  Did they not have a “what do you like doing for fun?” Convo before she moved there?
    ”I like drinking and music and hanging with my friends”
    ”i like yoga”. Then you have to decide if you’re good with their hobbies.  If you can hack going and joining - or be ok with them doing it.

and SynGin and Tania - does she know they’re engaged to get married and not just dating?

Michael and Natalie - sooooo she does admit fault when she’s wrong and that’a really admirable but she really does act immature like he says

i love Molly and Cynthia.  Like, I could see myself hanging out with them.  I will have to look up their show double divas. 

• Omg Jasmin.  I love when the pillow talk people called her dripping with personality.  She really never gave Blake’s friends a chance.  Did they not have a “what do you like doing for fun?” Convo before she moved there?
    ”I like drinking and music and hanging with my friends”
    ”i like yoga”. Then you have to decide if you’re good with their hobbies.  If you can hack going and joining - or be ok with them doing it.

and SynGin and Tania - does she know they’re engaged to get married and not just dating?

Michael and Natalie - sooooo she does admit fault when she’s wrong and that’a really admirable but she really does act immature like he says

i love Molly and Cynthia.  Like, I could see myself hanging out with them.  I will have to look up their show double divas. 
    Watching and dishing on 90DF.  While drinking wine and wearing comfy socks.  Oh yeah!  They definitely need to invite us over, lol.

I especially like their comments about Angela, because they're all from GA.  A couple I remember are "We need to invite Angela down for a fitting," lol.  (From Cynthia to Molly), "I've told you I have a lot of family in Hazlehurst, right?"

I looked it up.  There's only about 4K people in Hazlehurst!  Heck, they might be distant cousins, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I’m having the hardest time finding a bra now.  I need to get fitted, they can do it for me.  It would be a fun trip to GA!

When Uncle Beau said “I know how them woman are” to Michael I was also like “yeah, humor me, Uncle B - what are we like?”.  And his pancakes look good.  I can’f make pancakes to save my life.  I also don’t try once a week either...

• Anyone watch the newest one yet? The Mursel and Anna thing just seems weird and confirms my thought that all the breakup/airport stuff was fake 
  • kvruns said:
    Anyone watch the newest one yet? The Mursel and Anna thing just seems weird and confirms my thought that all the breakup/airport stuff was fake 
    Soooo I never thought he left the states. I felt like the call came from a hotel room.  Also - they did show a clip of Turkey - but that could have also been file footage from before, it just showed him packing up in a room. I even said outloud “‘cus you never left the states!” When he got his visa issued so quickly. 
    I did laugh when her youngest said “I’ll go.  I just don’t want to be bored.  Make it awesome”
    cc: every wedding

Julianna and Michael - could it be.... real love? 

Tania - leave him now before you wreck him you fool!

I’m kinda excited to see Darcey and Tom back next season. He lost a lot of weight!

• Ohhh interesting, I didn't even think about the airport part being faked and him not actually going anywhere. I too loved the "make it awesome" line from the kid. 

Darcy and Tom...blech. I'm over her
  • It was a good episode on Sunday.  TWO weddings!  Yay!

I think Julianna and Michael are real love...now.  But I still think the relationship started with ulterior motives on both sides.  I like them.  I know she was disappointed none of her family could come.  But at least some of her friends could make it!  That's more than most of the foreign fiances can say.

My H and I honeymooned on the OR coast.  So it was fun to see Sasha and Emily get married there.  Beautiful setting.

I think TLC conned me with Anna and Murcel, lol.  They seemed so genuinely upset during the breakup and when he was leaving.  But I'm not buying any of it anymore.  And now it's a "race against time" because his flight gets in 6 hours before their 90 days expires.  Reeeaaalllly.  Is there also a bomb in Anna's car that is set to explode if she drops below 60 MPH on the way to the airport?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wait - I just googled Darcey and Tom and got a bunch of hits about his new gf?

https://soapdirt.com/90-day-fiance-tom-brooks-new-girlfriend-amanda-mcadams-christmas-with-her-family/
  • That would make sense @kvruns, Darcey & Tom are sheer entertainment, so Im sure they snuck another season in before he went on with his real life.

I still think it’s weird his ex wife married Julianna and Michael. Did Julianna say “better her than someone we don’t know?” Because a LOT of people get married by someone they don’t know!  I found mine online since I don’t belong to a church.  I’ll have to watch pillow tak tonight or tomorrow.

• That would make sense @kvruns, Darcey & Tom are sheer entertainment, so Im sure they snuck another season in before he went on with his real life.

I still think it’s weird his ex wife married Julianna and Michael. Did Julianna say “better her than someone we don’t know?” Because a LOT of people get married by someone they don’t know!  I found mine online since I don’t belong to a church.  I’ll have to watch pillow tak tonight or tomorrow.
    I think it's weird also.  But, to each their own.  I also found it weird that Julianna said that.  I would roughly guess that most people get married by someone they don't know.  Especially when you consider how many people get married at City Hall.  And I would rather be married by a stranger than someone who had previous romantic ties to either myself or H, lol.  And one more thing I found weird.  That the ex and then each of the kids gave a short speech before the vows were exchanged.  Nothing wrong with it.  I just found it a bit odd.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not to mention Sarah was weirdly touching both of them during their vows
  • Also was it my TV or did Mike’s immigration lawyer have a very yellow tinge to her...