Wedding Etiquette Forum

Best spot for bride and groom to sit...

Hello, 

We are having our wedding 5/3/20. I love the look of long tables and I have planned that way for our decorations and seating arrangement. The only thing I am having trouble deciding is where to put my fiance and I. One option is the sweetheart table which I was surprised to see a lot of people on here really favor. Personally, I feel a little odd up there on display, but after I read others sweet sentiments on here about it being alone time with your new spouse among the chaos and how you get up and mingle anyway, I am a little more open to it. A king table is not really an option because we want our bridal party to be able to sit with their dates. Another option is sitting among our guests at some point in the long table.I am just having trouble deciding where to put us and who to sit next to us. I also considering doing a horseshoe or U shaped table and just making us the center so its the best of both worlds, but I am not sure how realistic that is in our venue and worried it may space people out too much.  Any guidance or experience anyone can offer?

Thanks

Re: Best spot for bride and groom to sit...

• I think a sweetheart table is a really good option. As you said, you will be up mingling anyway - that way you aren't disturbing people sitting the side of you. I commend you on making sure your bridal party sit with their SO. DD had a sweetheart table and it worked well (they weren't up on a stage just in the center of the tables during dinner).
  • We did a sweetheart table and I'm glad we did. I was able to catch up with H in the few quick moments we spent at the table. 
  • We did a sweetheart table and I'm glad we did. I was able to catch up with H in the few quick moments we spent at the table. 
    I feel the same way; it was nice to have a few quiet minutes together. Also people were more reluctant to come up to us while we were eating since we were by ourselves. A nice break especially for my introvert H. 
  • I think a sweetheart table would be a good option for you. It allows your bridal party to sit with their dates (which is absolutely the right thing to do) and keeps you from having to decide who to have next to you and all that. My husband and I didn't do a sweetheart table ourselves, but most weddings I've been to that had one, it didn't look quite as "on display" as I expected. 

• Why not either sit at a sweetheart table OR sit as a couple side by side at a large table and next to the rest of your wedding party with their dates? If we had long tables at our venue instead of rounds, I think DH and I would have chosen to sit in the middle of the wedding party and their partners.  
  • banana468 said:
    Why not either sit at a sweetheart table OR sit as a couple side by side at a large table and next to the rest of your wedding party with their dates? If we had long tables at our venue instead of rounds, I think DH and I would have chosen to sit in the middle of the wedding party and their partners.  
    This is pretty much what we did. Our venue had some longer oval shaped tables and some round ones that were a bit smaller. We just had a maid of honor and best man, so we sat at one of the round tables with them and their SO's. 
  • I loved having a sweetheart table. It was nice to steal a few moments with DH.