Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

Re: 90 Day fiance

• Also was it my TV or did Mike’s immigration lawyer have a very yellow tinge to her...
    I didn't notice the yellow tinge.  But I was majorly side-eying a hanging she had on the wall behind her.  I couldn't read the text on it, but I think it had the word "wine" or "wino" on the top and was a picture of a cartoon woman about to jump into a large wine glass.  And it wasn't a work of art or anything.  More like something you'd get at a Stuckee's or Spencer Gifts.

I mean, I'm certainly not saying or expecting that attorneys should be the stereotype of being all proper and straight-laced.  But something like that...in an office where she meets with clients...shows poor judgment, imho.  And I wouldn't want to hire an attorney who is, right off the bat, giving me bad vibes about their judgment.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yea she had a lot of wine decorations which was odd and the weirdly tall desk that seemed like they should have been standing and not sitting behind
  • Is anyone else caught up? There were some weddings on the most recent episode
  • I'm caught up, though not with Pillow Talk from Sunday.

It was a fun episode because there were four weddings on it!  ((Spoilers))...

Blake and Jasmin -- She said she had never been to a wedding.  Which seemed...odd but, okay.  She actually smiled a few times, lol.  Unlike so many of the foreigners, her sister (who already lives in LA) was there and so were their parents.  That was really nice she could have some of her family there.

Murcel and Anna -- Just glad they got married after all the turmoil of the season.  Which I still think was faked (the turmoil).  Her sons (except the oldest one) were great and stole the show!  It was so sweet they asked if they could walk her down the aisle!  I was dying of laughter when the middle son was talking to the camera about how he was so glad his mom and Murcel was getting married because she was so much happier with him.  And then the youngest son pipes in that he's glad they're getting married because there will be cake. 

Robert and Anny -- So adorable his son walked Anny into the chapel!  Not a big fan of his "playacting" at the altar that he wasn't going to go through with it...until he officially proposed (and then did so).  Though I suspect that was just done for the cameras and everyone was in on it.  I was digging the red jackets with black trim.

Tania and Syngin -- I hear ya, Tania.  There should be more variety in wedding dress colors.  I liked her pink dress with the black lace overlay.  Darn it, though.  I hate to be negative about someone's wedding.  Yet again, she has all these "plans" and then procrastinates on the follow through.  Then they are supposed to write their own vows.  Except they both procrastinated on that also.  The result being vows I found cringeworthy.  Syngin opening with he knew when he met her she would be more than a one-night stand.  She opens with she promises to call him more often when she's out drinking.  But they seemed happy with how everything went, so I guess that's the main thing.

I read online that Angela and Michael got married in Nigeria a couple weeks ago.  I think Jan. 27th (something like that).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2020
    When you said four weddings @short+sassy I had to think long and hard about what four.  I completely forgot about Jasmin and Blake.  I wasn't a fan of her dress.  I expected more from someone who bought it all the way from Finland.  I think it was too tight even on her body type. 

Murcel and Anna, lovely last minute wedding! her kids speech did make make cry!  Sucks that her mom and oldest couldn’t make it.  I actually thought they would surprise her and show up. It wasn’t about them supporting the marriage but supporting HER. 

Tania and Syngin, I won’t say anything about a black dress either because I would go that route (but it’s also 100% my character). I thought their wedding was the best and really liked how they did it.

Robert and Anny, you know - Bryson started off the season as a brat.  But he was so sweet this ep, he redeemed himself.  Agreed,  @short+sassy the dramatic “I can’t do this right now...” from Robert was so predicable and eye rolling. 

Can’t wait for the tell all! And I’ll be out of the country for it so can’t watch it till the 23rd!

• I'm sort of caught up - I fell asleep during the last episode. 

Blake and Jasmin - their wedding was cringe-worthy to me. She barely even looked at him! I guess maybe you could chalk it up to nerves, but I legit don't believe that she even likes him. 

Syngin deserves better than Tania. 

The tell all next week looks pretty interesting. I think they're alluding to Mike cheating on Natalie? And of course Angela is going off about something. 
    edited February 2020
    I'm sort of caught up - I fell asleep during the last episode. 

Blake and Jasmin - their wedding was cringe-worthy to me. She barely even looked at him! I guess maybe you could chalk it up to nerves, but I legit don't believe that she even likes him. 

The tell all next week looks pretty interesting. I think they're alluding to Mike cheating on Natalie? And of course Angela is going off about something. 
    The way he’s acting about the split makes me think he didn’t though.  I feel like they’re setting the scene up in clips for us to believe that.  When Angela says “what did you do?” And turns to the left in the tell all teaser clip - I think she’s taking to the other Micheal.  Micheal and Juliana because I think that Micheal DID cheat on his ex wife. 
    I think that when WA Mike came back and his lawyer said “there’s something critical out there if it’s confidential” he did some digging on her.  Not sure if he came up with anything but maybe Natalie’s trust issue has to do with him looking into her background on why she didn’t get the visa.

yeah, Michael you should really marry that Jekyl/Hyde (Angela).  That’s a good decision. 
    Edit words

• I'm sort of caught up - I fell asleep during the last episode. 

I was looking up 90DF articles yesterday.  One of them was alluding to teasers from the Tell-All.  And they commented that "it wouldn't be a Tell-All if Angela wasn't mad about something and threatened to walk off the set", lol.  The author's guess is that one of Michael's friends was on video chat and she was yelling at him.

I also read that Ronald and Tiffany are already divorcing!  They're the couple from 90DF The Other Way, where Tiffany moved to South Africa.  They just had a baby together last year.  He claims she cheated on him and he also couldn't take how controlling she was.  She said she didn't cheat and, although they both still love each other and tried to make it work, they are miserable.  She also threw in her own shade of being tired of being unappreciated and taken advantage of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, I saw that about Ronald and Tiffany! How either of them thought that relationship would work out is beyond me. And now a kid has a father that lives half way around the world and who knows when they'll get to see each other. 

I really, really dislike Angela. Her dry, straw hair even bothers me. But the meltdowns at literally every reunion is just tiresome. 
  • Oh, I saw that about Ronald and Tiffany! How either of them thought that relationship would work out is beyond me. And now a kid has a father that lives half way around the world and who knows when they'll get to see each other. 

I really, really dislike Angela. Her dry, straw hair even bothers me. But the meltdowns at literally every reunion is just tiresome. 
    Don’t make me literally lol.  I’m at work!

but I feel bad for Tiffany’s son because I legit think he loved Ronald as his own Dad. 

• Jasmin's dress - i agree it seemed like an odd choice and not the most flattering for her figure which is crazy since she has a nice figure

Tania - I liked her dress except for the tutu/tulle part

Bryson - I loved him in his little red tux.

Robert - I think he "proposed" at the wedding so that Anny couldn't complain about the ring since she would be in front of everyone. I bet if it was at home she'd make him run to the store and prove it was real. 

Angela is super annoying and their relationship is weird but I swear sometimes it seems like they really do love each other
    edited February 2020
    Was there no new ep last night?  Just the tell-alls? 

I found it awkward that they brought the kids on to say who their fave 90D’ers were.
    angie going off - on his friends.  Shoulda known!

What does everyone think of Mike’s “story”? And why is it so hard for them to believe a bride would cheat the day before a wedding? Is noone a fan of fml com?

• It switched over to Before the 90 Days now - the new episode and cast was Sunday. 
  • Was there no new ep last night?  Just the tell-alls? 

I found it awkward that they brought the kids on to say who their fave 90D’ers were.
    angie going off - on his friends.  Shoulda known!

What does everyone think of Mike’s “story”? And why is it so hard for them to believe a bride would cheat the day before a wedding? Is noone a fan of fml com?
    I was so busy last week, I didn't get a chance to sum up the Tell All!  Though, now that I'm thinking about it, it doesn't seem like there is much to say, lol.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was weird everyone was raking Mike over the coals!  He spent the night in the same house...not the same room or bed...as his childhood, female friend.  With whom he had never had a romantic relationship.  Who was getting married the next day.  I felt like I'd been transported back to the 1850s where that was a "pearl clutch" and "highly suspicious".  Ummm, it's not.  At all. 

I'm also in the minority opinion with Tania.  She's handled the whole "soul mate" issue poorly.  In that she never should have said she already met her soul mate and it isn't Syngin.  But I have never believed in the idea of a "soul mate".  True love comes with spending time and having experiences with people.  With billions of people in the world, I'm sure there are lots of men I could have married and spent a happy life with, given the right circumstances and combination of time/space.

At least Angela didn't pick a fight with another cast member this time.  Just the Goofballs.  She was even being supportive of Natasha/Mike and giving them advice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree I’m not sure I believe in soul mates but I think Tania was just weird and handles lots of things poorly 
  • I felt like we didn’t get the whole story though, from Mike. Natalie said it wasn’t true but wouldn’t elaborate on that so we’re left with just his side. 

Re: Sarah & Michael: Also loved what the pillow talkers said about emotional cheating.  Having recently gone through this myself, I can assure you it is just as bad, If not worse.

Tania always makes my eyes hurt from rolling so hard.  There’s something so fake about her and so real about Syngin. 

• kvruns said:
    It switched over to Before the 90 Days now - the new episode and cast was Sunday. 
    Yeah Before the 90 Days!  Spoilers...

Big Ed from San Diego seems like he's nice and definitely very lonely.  His dog Teddy is adorable.  But then I always have to side-eye middle-aged men who go after really young women.  Especially when those women are economically disadvantaged and even more so when they're from a poorer foreign country.  It just sends my hackles up and makes me cringe.

Yolanda (51-year-old) from Las Vegas seems like she is being catfished.  Her Manchester, England guy does not have an English accent.  I'm glad it wasn't just me!  Everyone on Pillow Talk was saying the same thing and had the same incredulous expressions on their face. 

Knoxville, TN guy and his Russian gal -- Now THAT was an awkward meal with his two good friends!!!  One of whom he's dated in the past, and she's all like, "Why are you going all the way to Russia?  Why can't you see what's 2 feet away from you?"  And then she's talking about how she always thought they'd eventually end up together.  Girl!  Stop while you still have some dignity!  Whoops.  And there goes the last shred of it.  And he talks on and on about how he is terrified of making another mistake, because he's already been married/divorced twice.  But, sure, has only known this girl for two months.  Online.  And plans to propose to her during his upcoming visit to Russia.  Way to proceed with caution there, buddy.

I am really trying to forget the TMI of Lisa, aka New Angela.  Really trying, lol.  

Avery (Seattle) and Ash (Australia) -- Soooo, they're both bloggers.  Who simply must share their wisdom with the world.  I already find them tiresome, lol.

Speaking of tiresome.  I guess Darcy and Tom are going to be back on this season, though they weren't in the first episode.  Really TLC?  The whole Internet already knows they broke up a long time ago and have moved on with others.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The new Before the 90 Days season looks like it's going to be good. 

How does Yolanda not know that that is not a British accent!? Gah, I feel so bad for her. 

Big Ed and the mayo - barf. 
  • Yea that "British accent" what a joke! At least her daughter is going with her and it sounds like she hasn't sent any money. 

A lady in my bookclub has a friend in her 60s who has been sending money to an online person. The children and friends have tried to get her to stop but she keeps saying he loves her and needs the $ and no one can get through to her. She is a cashier at a retail store in her 60s so she doesn't have a lot of $ to begin with. Guess she's been taking it from her retirement accounts :( 
  • @kvruns that’s horrible! And that does remind me of Big Ed, sending thousands already.

but yes to this season being good (I hope). I can't remember her name, but Geoffrey’s friend hit every nail on the head  with his Russian lady. Same as Lisa (who we should now call “New Angela” from now on lol)’s friend.  A man is a man no matter what region they’re from.

i didnt even put “two bloggers” together. They dont seem to exciting anyway.

Darcey - I’m ALL for surgery, procedures and injections. Trust me, I am no stranger to a lot of them, but honey, put the botox syringe DOWN.  I can’t see how anyone thinks those blown up lips are attractive? No offense to anyone who has that here. 

I don’t think I’ve laughed harder at any pillow talk ep like I did this one.  The facial expressions from Lauren were fab.  And I love when they just cut to laughter - no dialogue needed. I like Tim’s Veronica, but digging the new couple this season. And Lauren saying “wear platforms.  Tom cruise does”.  LMAO!

• Darcey looks BAAAAAD

Geoffrey - apparently he has a bad past, domestic abuse, kidnapping, etc. I've read a lot online that people are pissed he was allowed on the show bc of his past actions. There's lots of links but here's one I hadn't read before

https://starcasm.net/before-the-90-days-geoffrey-paschel-still-married-more-abuse-allegations/
  • kvruns said:
    Darcey looks BAAAAAD

Geoffrey - apparently he has a bad past, domestic abuse, kidnapping, etc. I've read a lot online that people are pissed he was allowed on the show bc of his past actions. There's lots of links but here's one I hadn't read before

https://starcasm.net/before-the-90-days-geoffrey-paschel-still-married-more-abuse-allegations/
    OMG!  TLC didn’t even check into this?  How WAS he let on this show?!?

• kvruns said:
    Darcey looks BAAAAAD

OMG!  TLC didn’t even check into this?  How WAS he let on this show?!?
    Woooowwww!  Thanks for posting this, @kvruns.

Not to mention, TLC got a lot of bad press for not looking more into Paul's (of Paul and Brazilian Karine) arrest record, before putting him in the show.

Paul's was bad enough.  Arson for setting on fire his ex-g/f's belongings.  But he also had a number of arrests/allegations for stalking different women, though I don't think he was convicted of any of them.  Now Geoffrey's rap sheet, sounds like including convictions, is even worse.

I hope many people make his Russian g/f aware of his arrest record and the info from his ex-wives.  The fact that one of them was Canadian and he used her immigration status to threaten her should be additionally alarming for any foreign romantic partner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Somehow I am not surprised. I figured that relationship was for media attention too. They're both crazy it seems 
  • I woke up at 330am and couldnt get back to sleep so I watched last night's episode. I think the next one will be good once they finally start meeting

I cringe so hard with Geoffrey and Varya since it seems like she's a good person, good job, etc and he has such a trainwreck background. I would hope you would try googling the person
  • Yes!  And omg are all her friends gorgeous models? I’ve never seen a table of all beauties with so much flawless skin before.  I think I’m going to Russia soon to discover their secret.  And if it’s “be 30 years old” I won’t have any of that!

I thought she was super cute by breaking the awkwardness and going “want to put the luggage away and make out?  Wait - what does that mean?” Lmao!

Lisa seems like trouble already.  VERY insecure and controlling.  Girl, it wont get better if you put a ring on it. Trust me on this.

my SIL texted me and goes “Darcey looks awful!!” But she said that maybe she JUST got injections for the interview clips and they haven’t gone down yet... because in her clips of them charting on the phone - they don’t seem as bad.  But also - is there EVEN a story line for Darcey and Tom?

• I don't think there is a story for them, I think they are milking it for ratings/fame. Darcey and Stacey both looked HORRIBLE. They weren't bad looking women a few seasons ago but now its just getting worse
  • And I love how they’re designing wedding dresses for people like them. Because there are so many Darcey & Stacey’s walking around. 

• I'm not a "plastic surgery" person myself...at least not yet, lol...but Darcey/Stacey have really overdone it.  It's so unfortunate because they end up with this "fake" look that is unsettling to see and actually ends up aging them.  Maybe that is what it is.  That it looks bad shortly after it's been done but, once it mellows, it looks better?  Because in some scenes they do look more natural and so much better.  I am amused that, even for the sake of the show, Darcey/Tom can't even pretend very well that they're back together, lol.

I really like Varya!  There is something about her that just exudes happy confidence and kindness.  That was a cute/funny conversation where she told him they should go "make-out", but apparently didn't totally understand the term, lol. I really hope she figures out Geoffrey fast and drops him like a hot potato (sigh).

I now can't stand Big Ed.  He is such a delusional idiot on the child thing.  I hate to be like that because he's fun and it doesn't seem like he's usually such an awful person.  But he's despicable to say out of one side of his mouth how much he loves Rosemarie.  Yet, is totally leading her on about the kid issue.  You're a liar, dude.  If you actually cared about her at all, you would have nipped this romance in the bud as soon as you found out she wants more children.  Or, even better, how about you pursue women your own age.  Because most people in their early 20s either want children or are undecided about it.  It's one thing for him to break his own heart when he is purposely being so stupid.  But taking someone else along for the ride is super sh***y.

Is Yolanda going to be this season's Caesar, lol?  At least she hasn't sent her "guy" money.  In the upcoming commercials, they make it look like he disappears as she gets serious about booking her travel plans.

Speaking of, there's some guy that was previously in these 90DF commercials.  Something about going to (I think) the Ukraine 2-3x and being stood up by his "g/f".  And that he's sent her $100K.  But I noticed he hasn't been in any of the episodes yet and he isn't on the commercials anymore.  Maybe he was briefly on the first episode?*

It's also weird they've been amping up the lesbian couple on their commercials and "coming up's", but we haven't met either one of them yet either.  Or maybe the American was briefly on the first episode*, lol.  

*Sometimes it's hard to remember if someone was actually on an episode for one scene or just a longer "coming up on Before the 90 Days", lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker