Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

Re: 90 Day fiance

• no you’re right, @short+sassy, those two couples haven’t been introduced yet.  When DO they show up? I just got into the whole series and was going to ask if all these couples have always been heterosexual couples. 

i feel bad for Big Ed and his daughter though, despite his own personality. 

I forgot about Cesar!  Yes this is another Cesar/Maria!
    "Williams stopped contacting me.  I hope its just a big misunderstanding".... Yeah he knows TLC and the pillow talk crew are on to him!

• They haven't introduced the lesbian couple or the guy who's dropped $100K yet. They've just been in the teasers. I think I remember previous seasons where they take a few episodes to introduce everyone. 

Big Ed annoys me, I don't know why for sure but he does. He is definitely her ticket out of poverty
  • no you’re right, @short+sassy, those two couples haven’t been introduced yet.  When DO they show up? I just got into the whole series and was going to ask if all these couples have always been heterosexual couples. 

i feel bad for Big Ed and his daughter though, despite his own personality. 

I forgot about Cesar!  Yes this is another Cesar/Maria!
    "Williams stopped contacting me.  I hope its just a big misunderstanding".... Yeah he knows TLC and the pillow talk crew are on to him!
    Yes!  All the seasons, for all the iterations of 90DF have always been heterosexual couples.  This is going to be the first same sex couple.

According to TLC, they have never discriminated against same sex couples.  But rarely get applications.

Plus, same-sex couples couldn't apply for a K-1 visa until after the Supreme Court ruling in 2013.  The first season of the "original" show (90DF) was 2014, which would have been people who probably applied for their visa in 2012?  Maybe 2013?  And were already approved by the time filming started which was probably about one year before the show aired.  As such, at least the first season and probably even seasons 2-3 would have been too soon for same-sex couples to have had their K-1 visas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Big Ed annoy me because he is starting out with some lies. He is going to have a vasectomy and she wants kids? 

How lucky is he that he finally finds someone after 28 years and she happens to be beautiful and younger than his daughter ( can you detect the sarcasm)?
  • I'm watching the most recent episode now. They are introducing the bisexual woman - I think someone asked if she had been on yet or not. 
  • kvruns said:
    I'm watching the most recent episode now. They are introducing the bisexual woman - I think someone asked if she had been on yet or not. 
    That was me!  And, yep, I saw her (Stephanie and Erika) on the last episode.  It was a lot of her (Stephanie) freaking out about her mom finding out she is a bisexual.  I assume her mom knows the truth now, lol.  We didn't really meet Erika yet, except some clips from Stephanie's phone, but so far I like them.  TLC also had "coming ups" again for the guy who's spent $100K on a Ukrainian woman.  But she has stood him up twice when he's gone out to visit her.

There was more "in person" footage with Varya and Geoffrey.  Basically just them complaining about things feeling "awkward".  Well, yes.  You all just met each other IRL.  Maybe give it longer than "instantly" to feel more comfortable with each other.  It actually struck me more like everything was fine and they were reaching hard to give their relationship some drama.

Nothing much with Yolanda, other than what was in the commercials.  Her Manchester guy has disappeared.  Isn't returning her calls/texts.  Either closed his Instagram account or changed it to a different name, I'm not quite sure.

Big Ed met Rosemarie.  New Angela met Sojaboy.  Cue tidal waves of insecurity and jealousy for both those Americans, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not totally caught up. 

Darcey and Stacey's faces are actually painful for me to look at. Just...why??? So many fillers. So much botox. God, it looks terrible. And they're not that much older than me! 

Also agree that Ed is gross for lying about getting a vasectomy when he knows she wants kids. 

Geoffrey - how he was cast with that background, I have NO idea. I remember seeing the clips of him freaking out in Russia. So curious as to what happens. 

The other Angela is gross. 
  • The new episode had a lot of footage of Sojaboy and his friends/roommates.

I exclaimed, "Awesome!  New goofballs, too!"  I just couldn't help myself, lmao.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Darcey and Stacey looked soooooo bad in the car after the gym with their lips. 

Usman and his friends were not nice about Lisa’s looks at all. That would be painful to watch on tv 

I assume Ed and Rosemarie will be staying in a hotel and not her place. No surprise she’s interested in him as she needs to get out of there 
  • Omg SO many parallels with Angie and Lisa.  Even the sexual lives.  Like they’re both aggressive and the guys are both passive.  If someone rated me a 7/10 a byyyyyyye.  I’m going to look for my 10.

i can’t remember his name but catfish couple #2 (ironic both from Vegas) with the guy who PAYS to talk to her... how does he think she’s real?  Like, no one has explained to him she’s a bot? His friends tried to but they really didn’t drive to the point.  She’s. Not. Real.

Yes both Darcey and Stacey look bad.  Their faces look blown up! Like they got stung by bees.  And you know they’re going to the doctor at the same time asking for the same volumes.  

Rosemarie has no interest in Ed other than what’s in his wallet.

are the eps only 1 hr? I feel like it flies by.  

• I think the episode was 2 hours but it does fly by. My favorite episodes are the early ones when they meet (or not) for the first time.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2020
    My ondemand only had if for one hour and I seriously felt like I missed some stuff!  Plus they don’t have pillow talk up yet.

don’t make me clear my Sunday nights so I have to watch it “live”

• kvruns said:
    Darcey and Stacey looked soooooo bad in the car after the gym with their lips. 

Usman and his friends were not nice about Lisa’s looks at all. That would be painful to watch on tv 

I assume Ed and Rosemarie will be staying in a hotel and not her place. No surprise she’s interested in him as she needs to get out of there 
    Agreed to the bolded!  Yikes.  Yes, I would want someone I'm involved with to be more concerned with my personality than how I look.  But, at the same time, I wouldn't want it to be a situation where he was saying something like, "I love her despite how she looks.  Because she has a great heart and that's what really matters."  ((Cringe))

They mentioned in the episode that this is the first time Rosemarie had ever been to Manila and she's never stayed in a hotel before.  Where she lives is 3 hours north.  I know at least at some point Ed does plan to go to Rosemarie's hometown.  But, yeah, if I were him, I'd try to keep that to a few days and spend the rest of the time in more populated areas that would have hotels.  Like Manila.  Especially since she hasn't even been there before, it could be fun for both of them to explore the city together while getting to know each other.

As an aside, one of my friends grew up out in more rural "Cajun country", about 90 minutes from NOLA.  He knows people who have never traveled outside their area , including have never even been to New Orleans!  They just have no interest in traveling and don't want to leave their comfort zone.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So yeah ondemand posted just the first hour last week and tonights “all new” was that one plus 1 hour later. my SIL and I thought that maybe RoseMarie wasn’t snatching his money but helping him with pesos? Either way totally got why he didn’t like it. Ya’ll know me - I’d be stoked with black roses. That’s OK by me.

David from pillowtalk made me roar with laughter.  “There’s a 5% chance she’s real.  There’s a 95% chance she looks like me”. 😃 
    notice how all the pillowtalkers were pushing sex on the first night with most these people? They all called out RoseMarie on “sleeping” lmao.

• I felt bad for Big Ed at the end of the episode “I don’t believe in love” awwww. 

The only couple I like is Stephanie & Erika.  Well maybe Ash and Avery, no bad vibes there yet. Varya LEAVE Geoffrey right now!!! America isn’t worth it!!!

• I think Big Ed is a slime ball, insisting she being tested. But "Oh no, I'm not getting tested here". He's just like that other dirtbag, Paul. 

David and Lana - Bro. Really? This is your 4th time there, and you really thought she was going to show up? She won't even talk to you unless is through the paid site! You don't even have her PHONE NUMBER. 

Scared for Varya. But also, why did her friend throw her under the bus like that? I mean, in the end it's good she did as they all got to see the real Geoffrey. But damn, girl. 
  • Oh, I also really dislike Ash, and his brother. 
  • I think Big Ed is a slime ball, insisting she being tested. But "Oh no, I'm not getting tested here". He's just like that other dirtbag, Paul. 

David and Lana - Bro. Really? This is your 4th time there, and you really thought she was going to show up? She won't even talk to you unless is through the paid site! You don't even have her PHONE NUMBER. 

Scared for Varya. But also, why did her friend throw her under the bus like that? I mean, in the end it's good she did as they all got to see the real Geoffrey. But damn, girl. 
    On Ed -- Yes!  He's reassuring her it's no big deal.  It's just a simple test.  But then when she calls him on it, refuses to be tested during his trip.  Really?  Because medical care is so "awesome" in this country and better than the Philippines?  I doubt that.  So now he's insulting her AND her country.

What she should do is agree to get tested.  Then, when her test results come back negative, refuse to have sex with him until he gets tested!  And if that means they don't have sex for his whole trip, then that's what he gets for being such a jackass.  Not to mention, he could have already gotten tested before he left.  At least that would have been a show of good faith that he's in this equally.

On Varya -- I said the same thing when her friend asked Varya if she'd told Geoffrey about the other American she'd been involved with, lol.  He is being such a weirdo, just because she didn't start much work on her apartment.  Dude.  Don't look too closely at my house I've been living in for 8 years, lol.

I thought Ash's brother was hilarious!  He was just the perfect epitome of the words "stern", "serious", and "unwelcoming".

Lisa is completely ridiculous and she is just annoying me even more.  She's jealous because he had an actress/model in his video.  Oh!  You mean like every music video does.  No matter who the song is about.  And then has a major attitude with the producer because of it?  She needs to get a grip before she sends Usman RUNNING in the other direction, before she ruins his career.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lisa is actually worse than Angela. I died laughing when she tried to claim that models aren't in music videos in the US. 
  • Agreed on all of the above. I haven't liked Big Ed for a while and this episode solidified it. Not really the test but just his overall actions with it. Obviously there's something in her past she doesn't want to share and while I think it is important for people to know I also wonder if it was a bad or abusive relationship so she doesn't want to talk about it.

I also wondered about Varya's friends throwing her under the bus like that. But then when they were supposedly comforting her after he got mad I swear it looked like she was laughing/smiling. Maybe not but idk felt super fake - the whole scene. 
  • Big Ed: everything about him is just creepy to me at this point. And the leg shaving thing. I mean yes it would be weird I'm sure but idk maybe its a cultural thing. He looked so strange without his beard though. And he's acting like a baby in her village, he had to know what it would be like. 

Erica/Stephanie: Who plans a boob painting date on day 3??? 

Geoffrey/Varya: if a present is expected for the visit wouldn't you mention that before you're in the cab on the way there? 

Usman/Lisa: ugh, just ugh. I haven't been an Usman fan but I liked him this time as he's standing up for himself and pointing out how badly she treats him. 

Yolanda: boring, fake, blah blah blah get a better story line. 
  • Omg yes I cringed a LOT during Big Ed trying so hard to be romantic.  And she clearly didn’t want to tell them what happened and he’s all flapping his mouth about their night. 
    I am on Stephanie’s side here, that would he an awkward date. It’s to early for that! And stuff where you’re stripping in front of people kinda calls for a heads up. I also would have questioned the app, and I also would have asked her to delete it, they’re not casually dating she flew to Australia and they’re talking about her move back to NY. 
    Yeah if it’s a cultural thing to bring Something, then she should have told him.  I feel like a lot of Americans are taken off guard when visiting the family, but I also grew up not arriving empty handed if your going to dinner or someone’s house.  I think more if dinner is served. Also, her mom has every right to ask if she can trust him.  He’s not a 5 hour trip.  And no, Varya’s mom, you can’t trust him. 
    Agreed - getting bored with the Yolanda/Williams story line.  There is NO way she can’t know by now.  It’s actually pretty bad acting. 
    Tom’s an ass.  Don’t look back, Darcey (oh, she’ll look back).

• I almost can't even watch the scenes with Ed. UGH. 

Yolanda - this has to be fake, right? She sent this guy nude pictures? And is asking her daughter how can this guy have an English accent? Holy moley. 

I was always taught to never show up to someone's house empty handed, especially if you're meeting your SO's parents. I blame this on Geoffrey. Surely he had to know before he left the US that he was meeting Varya's mom. He could have brought something from home. 

Stephanie and Erika are kind of a mess. 

Lisa is terrible and I hope Usman ditches her ass. 
  • OH and how could I forgot Tom asking Darcey if she gained weight. What a fucking asshole. 
  • I hate how Ed always seems to be talking down to Rosemarie, like she is a child who doesn't understand the things of "first" world countries.  It's like a bad double-dip of being both classist and patronizing of her age, at the same time.  I've always been under the impression that women shaving their legs is more done in Western culture.  But then, Ed has certainly proven that he is not exactly the most tolerant guy with other cultures, lol.

Yolanda -- Yeah.  TLC really needs to stop with the obvious catfishing stories.  It's so stupid and boring.  Few viewers like it and TLC gets panned by 90DF fans every time they pull these stunts.  I've read in multiple places that the pic she keeps showing of "Williams" is actually an Italian model/actor who's had a decent, active career.  So his pics are all over the Internet and it's not hard at all to connect that this is a total catfish.

I was like all the people on Pillow Talk who were fist pumping and cheering for Usman, when he finally unloaded on Lisa and all her BS!  And to give him more credit, he wasn't even a jerk about it or doing it out of anger.  He was trying to save their relationship by letting her know he was unhappy and why.  But does Lisa self-reflect at all and listen?  No, of course not.

I wasn't digging Erica in this episode.  That was messed up to take Stephanie on such an intimate date without any forewarning.  I also didn't think Stephanie was out of line at all to ask her about the dating app and request it be removed.  Stephanie wasn't even angry or crazy jealous, like some people would have been.  I get it.  She wanted to make sure they were on the same page about being exclusive.  So the fact the Erica got all huffy and PO'ed about it was really off.  I don't think she was lying that she's not seeing anyone else.  But it was like, all of a sudden, she was acting like their relationship wasn't anything serious and what was Stephanie getting all bent out of shape about.

Ditto @climbingwife.  Sooooo...it's not enough you do exactly what she was worried about.  Cheat on her and then have her meet you in NYC, just to break it off with her.  But then you also imply she's fat, just for the cherry on top.  Wow!    
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I’m so glad Veronica and Tim (it’s Tim right?) took the place of Robert & Anny on pillowtalk.  I can’t stand them and they’re not really funny.

and look at this:
    https://people.com/tv/hot-photo-90-day-fiance-big-ed-1988-viral/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag&utm_campaign=peoplemag

• he definitely looked better back then! 
  • I’m so glad Veronica and Tim (it’s Tim right?) took the place of Robert & Anny on pillowtalk.  I can’t stand them and they’re not really funny.

and look at this:
    https://people.com/tv/hot-photo-90-day-fiance-big-ed-1988-viral/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag&utm_campaign=peoplemag
    Usually I like the people even better when they are on Pillow Talk, because it feels like it is more their actual selves.  But I found Robert alarming and liked him even less.  He just had an all-around attitude of someone that is loud/angry/aggressive.  Including making negative remarks about Anny.

Ed continues to annoy me.  He's so judgy of Rosemarie's poverty.  And then starts "worrying" that she is after him for his money and to get to the US.  Yeah, and?  I mean, you get that's how it works when you chase after women half your age and who are more attractive then you, right?  Still seems like a good deal for him.  Plus, while it might be "appalling" for him and he can't stay there one more night (eyeroll), that's usual for her.  

Oh goodness!  The drama of Lisa meeting Usman's mom.  So much awkward.  I found it weird that Lisa herself looked and seemed so unfriendly.  I get that she was nervous, but she didn't smile at all either.  Especially when you don't speak someone else's language, smiling is the universal sign of friendship.  I'm assuming this is maybe more a cultural difference, but in Western culture that was SO rude of his mom to just stand up and leave without saying another word.  And then the family doing the same thing and following her.  Yikes!  It's obvious his mom won't approve Lisa.  Unless there was a lot of footage cut out, they hardly spent any time together.  So I'm not so sure why Usman keeps insisting he won't marry Lisa unless his mom approves it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ed at the pig farm was ridiculous.