Wedding Woes
Options

W-w-wednesday

2»

Re: W-w-wednesday

• Options
    kvruns said:
    PTO: I took last Friday off. We were closed for Good Friday 2 weeks prior and i really enjoyed the day so I took Friday off. I still got a few calls for emergency help but mostly chill time. Highly recommend. I have a week off in June scheduled and I might keep it while making myself available as needed but generally not working. 

Hospitals: I read an article the other day from a hospital where I went to college and the CEO (an alum) said that they lose about $1000 per COVID patient which I found interesting. I guess there's a small billing margin for essential type treatments and these are beyond that. I imagine elective treatments/surgeries bring in more $ if those weren't cancelled. 
    Yes that is where they make their money which is needed to pay staff 
  • Options
    There is a special project I was trying to finish this week.  Though that was my own deadline I put on it.  It is a medium-low urgency.

I finally said "screw it"!  I NEED to take a full vacation day tomorrow.  If that means the project won't be finished until Mon. or Tues. of next week, then so be it.  I am still planning to work on Friday, but that is a half-day anyway.  Already notified my boss and everything, he doesn't have a problem with it.

Now I'm excited about having a total veg day tomorrow.  Though I'll still come visit you all for Prudie, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just looked at the clock and realized it's 4. I don't know where the day has gone. Work has just blown up the last few days. I'm thrilled to be busy, but wow. It's gotten nuts. The good news is that my company is still insisting that they aren't planning any job cuts, so I'm feeling relatively secure. Meanwhile H's CEO sent a company wide email last week that cuts would be coming, so ouch. I'm hoping that his increased visibility and pitching in on some projects will keep him safe, even if his team shrinks. 

I finally buckled and took the pup to daycare today. I know she loves to play and walk with us, but I can really tell she's been missing playing with other pups. When we were walking the other day, we passed another puppy on a leash and let them greet. Pup was heartbroken that she couldn't jump on the other puppy. Plus, it's stormy and she wouldn't get much outside time today. Daycare is doing drop off/pick up from the car (elementary school carpool style) to reduce interaction, so I decided to take her in. I'll sanitize her leash and wipe her down with dog wipes as soon as she gets in the car. After 7 weeks of WFH, I miss having the dog here with me!