Wedding Woes

Fri-Yay!

So ready for this 3 day weekend.  All of my games are here and I'll do the shopping tomorrow for the food stuffs.  Otherwise, no big plans.  It's still pouring here.  I'm really tired of rain right now.

My Farmacy stuff is already here today!  I'm excited to try it.  Thanks for the recommendations ladies!

Oh and for those watching The Great:  https://www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguillaume/how-accurate-is-the-great-here-are-some-facts?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bffbbuzzfeedceleb&ref=bffbbuzzfeedceleb&fbclid=IwAR22gO376WXpLYsEp8N-yzWKyp6jH50Fy2yZ9mgHisjoJURSLfU2q5RKRvE  They've apparently really changed some stuff.

Re: Fri-Yay!

• Little bit of excitement this weekend.
    I get to see my mum!

So with M's sudden panic attack, and us basing our stuff on stress {unless dr says otherwise} we've decided to take measures that are still safe but can give us a relieve in ourselves.
    Starting with tomorrow, M is going kayaking and my mum is coming to visit. We're gonna try to stay outside, but already know we will not be social distancing. She's bringing a mask so when she plays with BabyKitten she won't be breathing in her face.

We figured now is ideal because June 2nd, all McD's start to open for small groups to come in for takeout. We want a chance to see her before risk gets higher.

We're then going to essentially self isolate as much as possible and in 2 weeks potentially visit MIL and sFIL for a bit. We're going to suggest sitting outside as well. I know it doesn't help when we know BabyKitten will give hugs, but if we can take precautions we are. By then my mask will be in, so we could bring them for safety.

I feel confident our plans are safe, but we'll see. We aren't telling MIL and sFIL our plan until basically we're there - just in case.
  • I started The Great last night. Using the free month on Hulu since we don't normally have it. Thanks for the links @VarunaTT.
  • @VarunaTT we were hoping to do that - we'd already decided on my mum - but with recent openings they've held back on more. Which was half expected, but we're doing ROUGHLY that idea

@charlotte989875 BEAUTIFUL CHOICE!!!
  • @cupcait927 Doesn't sound like eczema to me, but hopefully it's something easy! Is little one itchy? If it ends up being some level of eczema, oatmeal baths and polysporin {on suggestion of dr} with hydrocortisone works with us {aveeno has a thicker cream as well we adore}
  • @cupcait927 Doesn't sound like eczema to me, but hopefully it's something easy! Is little one itchy? If it ends up being some level of eczema, oatmeal baths and polysporin {on suggestion of dr} with hydrocortisone works with us {aveeno has a thicker cream as well we adore}
    I didn't think it was itchy but apparently it must be - I noticed a little dried blood behind her ear yesterday that must've come from her itching herself. That's what prompted me to have H call the ped this morning. She has patches of eczema on her legs (that isn't itchy) but this covers her entire face and behind her ears (it's the worst there). I've been coating her legs in the aveeno cream which has helped with those patches.
    I didn't think it was itchy but apparently it must be - I noticed a little dried blood behind her ear yesterday that must've come from her itching herself. That's what prompted me to have H call the ped this morning. She has patches of eczema on her legs (that isn't itchy) but this covers her entire face and behind her ears (it's the worst there). I've been coating her legs in the aveeno cream which has helped with those patches.
    Hope she’s all right!!
  • @MyNameIsNot My H struggles with boundaries as well when I WFH. He's currently on leave with the baby so he's always popping his head in the bedroom (where my desk it) and asking questions, wanting my opinion, etc. I feel bad because I've snapped at him a couple times but it's hard to get things done when he's constantly in and out.
  • @charlotte989875, happy anniversary!  Your H did a great job with the ring.  It's so pretty!  I've always liked the color of rose gold.

@VarunaTT, That's a great chart.  I'm "Fairly Strict 2".  Downgraded from "Fairly Strict 1", when my employer made me come back to the office on Monday.  I'm in the "childless" club with you and @CharmedPam.  I suppose it's a mild concern for getting older.  But I figure I'll just need to make my own plans, ahead of time.  That's a great idea for you and your friends to form your own "retirement community".

Alas, I wasn't able to take a vacation day, as planned.  And no Memorial Day for me either, lol.  But that's okay.  I'm fortunate to have vacation days to burn, no thanks to my cruise being postponed until next year.  I just did the math and I can take about one day/week off until the end of Sept!  Not every week, but most weeks.  I am REALLY excited about that.  I've decided Wednesdays are going to be my semi-permanent vacation day, lol.  It'll be so nice to have a regular day off in the middle of the week.  Plus one less day in the office is one less day I'm potentially exposed to multiple people.

I thought about Fridays, but Fridays are already only a half-day for me and it's a pretty easy workday.  Plus there are a LOT fewer people in the office.  So it's also safer to take a day off in the middle of the week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy I had an employer that let us do the 4 10s and I always took Wednesday off.  It was wonderful.  It gave me a weekday that not everyone else always had to do stuff and it was basically always a Thursday/Friday feeling.  Also, we'll move to NOLA and you can set up the retirement community.  That's your in.  :smiley:
  • Little bit of excitement this weekend.
    I get to see my mum!

So with M's sudden panic attack, and us basing our stuff on stress {unless dr says otherwise} we've decided to take measures that are still safe but can give us a relieve in ourselves.
    Starting with tomorrow, M is going kayaking and my mum is coming to visit. We're gonna try to stay outside, but already know we will not be social distancing. She's bringing a mask so when she plays with BabyKitten she won't be breathing in her face.

We figured now is ideal because June 2nd, all McD's start to open for small groups to come in for takeout. We want a chance to see her before risk gets higher.

We're then going to essentially self isolate as much as possible and in 2 weeks potentially visit MIL and sFIL for a bit. We're going to suggest sitting outside as well. I know it doesn't help when we know BabyKitten will give hugs, but if we can take precautions we are. By then my mask will be in, so we could bring them for safety.

I feel confident our plans are safe, but we'll see. We aren't telling MIL and sFIL our plan until basically we're there - just in case.
    Face coverings primarily protect others, so if you can I’d consider you and your husband wearing them too. Doesn’t need to be anything fancy you can just cut up an old t-shirt. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    @short+sassy I had an employer that let us do the 4 10s and I always took Wednesday off.  It was wonderful.  It gave me a weekday that not everyone else always had to do stuff and it was basically always a Thursday/Friday feeling.  Also, we'll move to NOLA and you can set up the retirement community.  That's your in.  :smiley:
    Yaasss!  It's great food and warm in the winter.  Well, warm-ER, lol.  You can say good-bye to snow.

Unfortunately, it's also "free" outside saunas in the summer, lol.  I'll be sure to plan our retirement community with large, indoor common areas that have max. a/c.  Plus a pool area, of course!  Both the water kind and the billiards kind ;).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    I’m “Strict 1,” mainly because the people I would like to hang out with aren’t taking good precautions on their own. I know it’s probably petty and the quarantine getting to me but it makes it feel like I’m being punished for something that’s not my fault. Like if people would all be safer we might actually be able to meet up for some social distanced fun in the backyard. But right now our friends and family are just super lackadaisical about it all and it makes me not want to risk hanging out. 

I’m glad for the upcoming three day weekend. I’m starting to feel a little more like myself. I’m debating abstaining from alcohol in June. We’ve only been drinking on the weekends, but I think it might be good to take a break and focus on getting back in shape. 

In other news, we booked a trip to Yosemite in September. I really hope it’s open and we can go. I need some nature in my life. Along with a nice break. 
    Amen. 

I feel the exact same way. I’m a strict 1 because pregnancy and asthma. All my doctors have recommended continuing strict social distancing and it’s sucks not to see friends and family. If my parents were safer, or the people they saw were safer we could actually see them. But they’re not so we can’t. 

I’m annoyed because my sister is having a make-up birthday party for my niece tomorrow, which she didn’t tell me about. And I guess they invited my best friend over on Sunday (who is married to BILs best friend). And didn’t tell us about any of it. And I get it we wouldn’t have gone because of everything but it feels like they’re all cool with being unsafe, knowing that just means it’ll be longer before we can actually see them. 
  • Count me in for a WW retirement community! Waaait a second, @short+sassy , didn’t you say you wanted to move?  

• For the long timers, WW having a retirement community is the honest evolution of the biodome.  :smiley:

Biodome used to be the shelter for those of us still avoiding pregnancy.  We had stuff.  
  • levioosa said:
    I’m “Strict 1,” mainly because the people I would like to hang out with aren’t taking good precautions on their own. I know it’s probably petty and the quarantine getting to me but it makes it feel like I’m being punished for something that’s not my fault. Like if people would all be safer we might actually be able to meet up for some social distanced fun in the backyard. But right now our friends and family are just super lackadaisical about it all and it makes me not want to risk hanging out. 

I’m glad for the upcoming three day weekend. I’m starting to feel a little more like myself. I’m debating abstaining from alcohol in June. We’ve only been drinking on the weekends, but I think it might be good to take a break and focus on getting back in shape. 

In other news, we booked a trip to Yosemite in September. I really hope it’s open and we can go. I need some nature in my life. Along with a nice break. 
    I totally get this too. We are seeing friends for the first time tonight and have seen H's family, but I feel like I need to put 14 days distance between any of these interactions. Like I trust my SIL enough to risk myself when she says they are firmly in the 2 group, but I don't feel like I can make the decision that our friends should trust my SIL. Meanwhile other people I'd like to see are socializing with people who are doing whatever, so that means we don't get to see them. 

Being responsible sucks. 
  • levioosa said:

Amen. 

I feel the exact same way. I’m a strict 1 because pregnancy and asthma. All my doctors have recommended continuing strict social distancing and it’s sucks not to see friends and family. If my parents were safer, or the people they saw were safer we could actually see them. But they’re not so we can’t. 

I’m annoyed because my sister is having a make-up birthday party for my niece tomorrow, which she didn’t tell me about. And I guess they invited my best friend over on Sunday (who is married to BILs best friend). And didn’t tell us about any of it. And I get it we wouldn’t have gone because of everything but it feels like they’re all cool with being unsafe, knowing that just means it’ll be longer before we can actually see them. 
    Thanks. I feel like I’ve been so petty. It’s helpful to know other people feel the same way. It’s really frustrating. I know it must be so hard to be pregnant and dealing with all of this. *hugs*

• @MyNameIsNot My H struggles with boundaries as well when I WFH. He's currently on leave with the baby so he's always popping his head in the bedroom (where my desk it) and asking questions, wanting my opinion, etc. I feel bad because I've snapped at him a couple times but it's hard to get things done when he's constantly in and out.
    Same! It's so frustrating to be interrupted, but I don't want to snap. In normal times we would just talk about it and be fine, but I know that some of this is driven from him processing his own pandemic anxiety and stress and I should be a little more flexible. I mean, if I can find the time during work to post here, shouldn't I have time to look at locks?

How long is your H on leave for? 
  • Charlotte - Happy Anniversary and what I lovely ring!

Cupcait - DD gets that in summer.  Usually on her back from her long hair.  I started chopping her hair short after that!  But my mom recommended cornstarch to help dry it out.

We are currently at Stage 2.  Not much socializing outside of the container so far, but we will be allowing ILs over to our house this weekend for an outdoor BBQ with social distance for eating and masks for closer chatting.

Not much going on.  I did yoga last night and it was very relaxing.  Its not a challenging class, so my laziness is starting to prefer that class to my normal Wednesday one. My teacher may start some weekend classes, so I might pick them up once in a while too.

We have a few things to do around the house this weekend and the BBQ.
  • I would be a Stage 2 except for the exercise part so, 2.5?

SSDD. I took DS through the car wash for the first time today. He has barely left the house since March so a little drive was nice. He was a little nervous in the car wash but didn't cry, I was proud of him.

Sunday, I am going to make these avocado-blackbean brownies that have been on my Pinterest for like 12 years, lol.
  • @MyNameIsNot until June 15th. He's actually outside now as well working on lawn projects so I'm getting a break! I'm supposed to start going back into the office the 1st week in June but only two days a week for at least that month. We're not sure yet what WFH shifts his job will entail once he goes back. 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2020
    Count me in for a WW retirement community! Waaait a second, @short+sassy , didn’t you say you wanted to move?  
    Not if I have a fun retirement community to plan, lol!

TBH, my H and I have kind of backed off on that idea.  Still a possibility, but there's too much limbo going on for that kind of medium/long term planning. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker