Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

Re: 90 Day fiance

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I think I caught up on all of the episodes and spin offs yesterday. They all kind of blur together though at this point. 

I read something saying the whole Andreiiiiii and Elizabeth wedding thing is a front for him paying off debts. He had left Moldova and went to whatever country where they met (Ireland maybe?) because he owed people money. Now coming back for the wedding and having her dad pay for it is a way for him to scam them out of money by handling the wedding himself - like telling her dad it costs $$$$$ but really it only cost $ and the other $$$ he's using to pay people off.  Of course could just be theories but I thought it sounded interesting. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2020
    Sheisty if that’s true. Wake up Elizabeth!

and yeah they really do blur together.  The Other Way is only 1 hour, maybe that’s why they fit in Strikes Back? I agree with @short+sassy, the whole Jihoon/Devan storyline isn’t playing out very well.  It doesn’t look like Jihoon is taking his new family seriously. I feel bad for her when she said she had nothing to go home to, and she had nothing in Korea either.  Although I do think she could pick her life back up if she decides to move back to the States.  Thankfully for her, she seems to have a supportive family. 

• kvrunskvruns member
    Deavan's mom - yikes! Seems very brash and over the top compared to Jihoon's family. But yea Jihoon doesn't seem to be trying to step up and take care of a family. Deavan is better off in the states with her supportive family around. I used to like Jihoon but it is obvious he isn't ready to grow up and the constant lies would make me never trust him. 

Brittany and Yazan,ugh, that is just doomed. And I can't handle someone who is going to throw a tantrum like that and then 15 min later be like "why are you crying" and acting all nice as if the reason she is upset has nothing to do with him. I'm not saying Brittany is blameless. Doesn't quite match up to want to be conservative but then date someone who you know is flashy and isn't going to suddenly button it all up and conform. 
  • I'm not caught up yet. 

Am I the only one that can't stand watching Colt? He's so grimey. 

I thought I remembered seeing that Stacey and Florian were back together. I will most definitely be watching their spin off. 

Also, I have no interest in watching the Strikes Back episodes. 
  • I'm not caught up yet. 

Am I the only one that can't stand watching Colt? He's so grimey. 

I thought I remembered seeing that Stacey and Florian were back together. I will most definitely be watching their spin off. 

Also, I have no interest in watching the Strikes Back episodes. 
    Not alone.  At all.  And Tim said it best.  He could have gone his entire life without having to see Colt dance.

• kvrunskvruns member
    Another week, another round of morons LOL. 

Jihoon - that apt issue is a mess. He should have helped in finding the place and making sure it was OK although I still can't believe she would rent it without finding out some info first. 

Ethiopia - another subpar apt but I always feel bad because I'm guessing he thinks it is nice and she's not having it. Then again I think it is dumb she went over there to have her baby. 

I really hope the 2 guys in Mexico don't do something to make me hate them
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Happily Ever AFter:

Andreiiiiii makes me hate him more and more the way he's acting over in Moldova

Karinne needs to run. Why does she still stay with Pole??

Asuelu - I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a while being a bit young and immature but I'm over him. Grow up!! Kalani needs to leave his ass. 
  • kvruns said:
    Another week, another round of morons LOL. 

Jihoon - that apt issue is a mess. He should have helped in finding the place and making sure it was OK although I still can't believe she would rent it without finding out some info first. 

Ethiopia - another subpar apt but I always feel bad because I'm guessing he thinks it is nice and she's not having it. Then again I think it is dumb she went over there to have her baby. 

I really hope the 2 guys in Mexico don't do something to make me hate them
    S. Korea -- I'm confused all around as to what happened here with the apartment.  I know that Devean paid for it.  But didn't Jihoon go and see it first?  Because it would be super weird if he didn't.  But they didn't make that very clear in the episode.  I was more getting the impression that he didn't go look at it.  And why wouldn't she expect it to be small.  His parent's house is small and I'd assume they are in a better financial position.

Ethiopia -- Same with Ethiopia.  I think that's another example of US living expectations not matching what is typical for another part of the world.

People need to do their research if they want to move to a foreign country!

Mexico -- I feel the same way, lol.  Because, right now, they're being represented as really likable.  But I'm sure there will be conflict at some point because it wouldn't be 90DF without it, lol.

Colombia -- that American guy just gets more eye-rolling.  We find out he cheated on his g/f and that's why she didn't stay in the US.  Now we find out he cheated on her only ONE MONTH before she was coming to visit for 6 months.  And he was planning to propose.  I already don't like his mom.  Her son is the one who cheated and upset the whole apple cart.  But now the mom is "suspicious" of the woman who wants him to move to Colombia that she isn't "serious enough".  Let me guess.  I bet mom was also "suspicious" when this woman was originally coming to the US.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I forgot to record HEA but I did see some clips of the things Asuelu was saying to Kalani. Holy fuck. She needs to send his ass back to Samoa. 
  • I forgot to record HEA but I did see some clips of the things Asuelu was saying to Kalani. Holy fuck. She needs to send his ass back to Samoa. 
    Yep.  Make no mistake, he is absolutely awful.  But he has ALWAYS been like that and had that attitude.  So it's hard for me to be sympathetic with Kalani when she walked into this marriage with her eyes wide open.

I've seen some of my friends, male and female, make this mistake.  They marry a person they think will be good "modeling clay" for turning them into the person they really want.  And then are frustrated and unhappy when the person they married is exactly who they always were and doesn't change.

Deavan is making that mistake with Jihoon and so is Elizabeth with Andrei.  Though at least Elizabeth seems overall happy with Andrei, misogyny and all.  She may not care for that aspect of his personality, but it doesn't seem to bother her much either.

Though the ONE aspect that both Elizabeth and Kalani were probably blindsided by is how lazy their husbands are.  It sounded like both Andrei and Asuelu worked f/t jobs before coming to the US.  But now Asuelu works p/t job while Kalani's parents (I assume) supports them.

Elizabeth works f/t to barely make ends meet.  So I suspect her family still supports them some.  It sounds like Andrei at least takes care of the baby while she's working, but it seems like she's still the one expected to do all the housework, household errands, and rest of the childcare.  GTFO, smh.  I'm sure Andrei would chime in at this point to talk about how he hung a tv once, so that somehow makes it "even".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I'm surprised Andreiiiiiiii would take care of the baby, isn't that "woman work" 
  • For real, guys.  So many loser men on these two seasons.  Angela’s Michael is starting to look good! And that’s saying a LOT.

• I almost feel bad for Michael that he thinks Angela can have a baby. 
  • Because she keeps telling him she can!

Colt & Vanessa: Did he say “I love Jess” In front of her to see her reaction.  He likes Vanessa, but she’s playing coy. Also, Colt - Jess is using you.  But you don’t seem to mind.  And how is Colt getting all this ass? Attractive ass at that? 

For some reason my dvr stopped and started over 1/2 way through HAE. I thought I was fast forwarding commercials but I stopped ot completely.  I couldn’t re watch the Colt and Vanessa scene, so moved past that real fast. Not so much Colt but his mom’s screeching  voice. 

• @climbingwife, it is bizarre that both Michael and Angela keep acting like her giving birth to his baby is even possible.  I suppose it is within the realm of possibility.  But you're talking big bucks for even a long shot chance.  Not-so-fun fact.  A 45-year-old pregnant woman has a 54% chance of miscarrying.  And Angela is 8 years older than that, which will increase that chance even more.  That's assuming they could even get pregnant in the first place with a fertilized egg.  Angela seemed "icky" about that if it was a stranger's egg.  They should plan to hire a surrogate, but it seems like Angela was "icky" about that idea also.  Still sounds better to me than letting him have a second wife.

@CharmedPam, I forgot about Colt's story.  I don't get it either!  A guy attached at the hip to his mom and living with her, would be enough to send me screaming away.  Even if the guy was super hot and charming.  And Colt is neither, lol.

I can't believe what an idiot he is!  You'd think someone who just ended a bad marriage wouldn't be so quick to rush into saying "I love you" to someone he's known for such a short time.  And now he's paid for her ticket in Brazil and given her over $1K.  Get outta here!  At least that explains why she is moving so fast, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ever After:

Jess is just weird.  Like she’s unnatural and awkward weird. But Colt is also, so maybe they’re good for each other?

Elizabeth and Andrei.  Are they putting to much emphasize on “man of the house?” As their storyline because they have nothing else? I just know so many female breadwinners these days, so it’s nbd for me that they have that relationship.  Just own the fact that your a stay at home Dad, Andrei and shut up about wearing the pants.

Paul and Karine. She has to realize their situation may not be permanent.  She’s being snotty about it all.  The 2nd motorhome was fine for them.  God, Karine, you made me choose Paul’s side! 

• kvrunskvruns member
    Jess is weird,but like a different kind of weird. I wonder if it is real or just trying to get on TV.

I dont think Andrei could ever own being a stay at home dad. Maybe they are over emphasizing it but I swear everything out of his mouth seems to be men are superior to women. Asuelu drinks from that same water too. I did read something that supposedly IRL Andrei and the dad actually get along and a lot of it is contrived for the show in hopes of more air time or a spin off like Family Chantel. No idea if its true but I could see it. 
  • I saw the first commercial for the new Darcey and Stacey show.  Yeah!  It's really happening.

Paul and Karine -- please tell me the "showing" for the first motorhome was COMPLETELY FAKED for tv, lol.  That's a tear-down POS.  I don't care how DIY and handy someone is.  The cost of the materials alone would make purchasing a motorhome in better condition much cheaper.  And 500 bucks just for the lot rent?  Which doesn't include renting the RV or the cost to buy it.  If that's the kind of money they are playing with, they could just rent a one-bedroom apartment.

Colt and Jess -- They were being gross with their over-the-top PDA.  But Debbie was being completely awful.  Lady, I get it.  You're old, cranky AF on a good day, and just got off a 30-hour flight.  But suck it up.  You can at least be civil for the time it takes to get to the hotel and get settled in.  Not to mention, if you're really so tired that you might have to go to the hospital (eyeroll), then lie down in the backseat.  Then she wonders why Colt keeps getting involved with drama llama women.  TBH, I think a lot of that was faked for the show.  Including the weird discussion about future baby names.

Andrei and Asuelu -- not a lot to say.  They're usual suck selves.

Angela and Michael -- That was a surprisingly nice apartment.  Especially compared to some of the other foreign places we have seen, lol.  But, in a very rare moment, I was totally on Angela's page with her freak-out over the dead rat, lol.  With a slight twist to @CharmedPam's quote:  "God, Michael, you made me choose Angela’s side!"

Spoiler alert, that you probably already know, lol:  Angela and Michael do get married.  I think I also remember reading that Angela's mother has passed away.  Though, fortunately, not while Angela was out of the country.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wait that $500 was for property only?  I thought that was the whole shebang? I had to google because I don’t remember where they live.  But it’s KY.  That rent should be $2.00.  Lol.  Ok.  $300?

i’m so on the fence about Darcey & Stacey show.  Ughhh do I or don’t i?  Never mind.  I don’t really have anything else going on.

I missed the Angela and Michael bit because of a phone call. I will have to rewatch it.

on a side note.  I got bored/lonely and joined Match com on Saturday.  I’ll stay local, don’t you worry (already did long distance).  I won’t even look into the city if Chicago since I don’t drive there.  I’m 40.  I’ve always been attracted to older men.  Late 40’s maybe early 50’s.  So far the 3 people that messaged me are 33 and 35.  I told my friend I fee like Laura, Jenny, Angela and baby girl Lisa.  Lol.  I mean... it worked for them.....

• Wait that $500 was for property only?  I thought that was the whole shebang? I had to google because I don’t remember where they live.  But it’s KY.  That rent should be $2.00.  Lol.  Ok.  $300?

i’m so on the fence about Darcey & Stacey show.  Ughhh do I or don’t i?  Never mind.  I don’t really have anything else going on.

I missed the Angela and Michael bit because of a phone call. I will have to rewatch it.

on a side note.  I got bored/lonely and joined Match com on Saturday.  I’ll stay local, don’t you worry (already did long distance).  I won’t even look into the city if Chicago since I don’t drive there.  I’m 40.  I’ve always been attracted to older men.  Late 40’s maybe early 50’s.  So far the 3 people that messaged me are 33 and 35.  I told my friend I fee like Laura, Jenny, Angela and baby girl Lisa.  Lol.  I mean... it worked for them.....
    The agent kept saying it was the "lot" rent.  Which did seem high to me.  The vast majority of lot rents in mobile home parks across the US are (I think) usually more in the $300-$350/month range.  But those are also for bigger homes, like literally mobile homes not RVs.  Maybe it was for the whole shebang and the show just wasn't going to be worried about semantics and property terminology, lol.  Plus, it almost sounded like it was a rent-to-own deal, so that would make more sense for the whole thing being $500/month.

Good luck on Match!  Come on!  Those guys are less than 10 years younger than you.  Hardly the same thing.

I have it on "authority"...from my friend who enjoys the company of younger men, lol...that the rules to be a true cougar are the woman has to be older than 35 and her SO or date has to be at least 10 years younger.

FWIW, I met my H on Yahoo Personals many years ago.  It was free back then.  That's how long it's been, lmao.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Wait that $500 was for property only?  I thought that was the whole shebang? I had to google because I don’t remember where they live.  But it’s KY.  That rent should be $2.00.  Lol.  Ok.  $300?

LOL well as long as you're not doing international I don't think you need to worry about being like them :) 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Wait that $500 was for property only?  I thought that was the whole shebang? I had to google because I don’t remember where they live.  But it’s KY.  That rent should be $2.00.  Lol.  Ok.  $300?

The agent kept saying it was the "lot" rent.  Which did seem high to me.  The vast majority of lot rents in mobile home parks across the US are (I think) usually more in the $300-$350/month range.  But those are also for bigger homes, like literally mobile homes not RVs.  Maybe it was for the whole shebang and the show just wasn't going to be worried about semantics and property terminology, lol.  Plus, it almost sounded like it was a rent-to-own deal, so that would make more sense for the whole thing being $500/month.

Good luck on Match!  Come on!  Those guys are less than 10 years younger than you.  Hardly the same thing.

I have it on "authority"...from my friend who enjoys the company of younger men, lol...that the rules to be a true cougar are the woman has to be older than 35 and her SO or date has to be at least 10 years younger.

FWIW, I met my H on Yahoo Personals many years ago.  It was free back then.  That's how long it's been, lmao.
    my parents have a place in FL in a mobile home park and I was surprised to learn about lot rental prices there. Although theirs includes things like a nice community building, pool, etc and the place looks nice vs. the place Pole was looking at. I looked it up and monthly lot rental is $575 (?!?!?) although I'm sure cheaper if you do annual. My grandparents live there full time and have a lifetime lease so they only pay like $100/month

But again FL old person mobile home park is a bit different than Pole's I'd say
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I just went down a weird rabbit hole and looked at the only mobile home place I know of from where I grew up. Can get a 3 bedroom 2 bath 1200 sq ft for like $20K. Doesn't include lot rental - can't find out how much that it but dang. I would have thought it would be more expensive bc down in FL a unit like that, even if it wasn't in great condition would be a lot more expensive. 
  • Side note - I didn't even realize that I'm at an age where I can be considered a cougar.  :D:s
  • kvruns said:
    I just went down a weird rabbit hole and looked at the only mobile home place I know of from where I grew up. Can get a 3 bedroom 2 bath 1200 sq ft for like $20K. Doesn't include lot rental - can't find out how much that it but dang. I would have thought it would be more expensive bc down in FL a unit like that, even if it wasn't in great condition would be a lot more expensive. 
    Oh yeah!  There are definitely different levels of mobile home parks.  And the nicer community ones with more amenities will definitely be pricier for the lot rent.

I've occasionally poked my nose into mobile home park investing.  But my interest has more been in the ones that don't offer anything, except the land lot.  300-350 bucks per month, per lot.  And nothing I need to maintain, lol.

I have a landlord acquaintance who owns a mobile home park in one of the oil hub cities of Louisiana.  Though his is a little different in that he also owns most of the homes.  Basically, it's near where off-shore oil rig people helicopter in/out from.  In those jobs, it's typically a "10 days on, one week off" situation.  And they make GOOD money, so he rarely has problems with payment.  When he has a vacancy, people are lined up to take it.  For single people, they'll get together and rent one of his 2 or 3 bedroom homes.  These are people often making $60K-$80K and their share of the rent is 400-500 bucks!  Must be nice.  Both for his tenants and for him, lol.  I'm jealous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Other Way:
    Kenneth drives EXACTLY like I do!  We could hang, Kenny and I. We could hang.
    Armando:  yes!  That home made gift was perfect.  Even if you had all the money in the world, I’d still want the heart & soul from that.  

What do I search for 90Day strikes back on dvr? I can’t find it! Eh.  Not missing much. 

• kvrunskvruns member
    I love Kenneth and Armando and really hope 90DF doesn't do something to make us hate them. 

Strikes back is worthless haha but I think it is just 90DF before the 90 days and then you would find it 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited July 2020
    I still like Strike Back, lol.  It's funny to see the cast members expressions and comments about what they were thinking during a particular scene and their reactions to other people's opinions.  But I can understand why people don't care for it.  By the time it gets to SB, we've seen the episodes.  We've seen the recapped scenes on Pillow Talk.  We've seen the Tell-All.  Definitely some repetitious aspects, lol.

One thing that was really cool about the last SB.  On Pillow Talk, there'd been comments about Ash's eyes that bugged out.  Apparently, that is a sign of Graves Disease.  And a BUNCH of people online, including some physicians, strongly encouraged him to get checked out for that.  He took that to heart.  Got checked out and, yes, he does have Graves Disease.  He told that story and then sent out a big thank-you to all the people who had reached out with concern, because he never would have known without it.  He's now getting treatment for it (it's something related to the thyroid) and is doing well.

Brittany and Yazan.  I think all I can do is give a big eyeroll and say, "WTF are the two of you even thinking staying together?"  And, Brittany.  Seriously.  If you can't even be honest about your marital status.  Go back to FL.  GROW UP FIRST!  Because so much about you is too immature to be getting married, but especially the major lying.  And she doesn't even see anything wrong with her lie.  She's only worried about getting caught or her excuses will fall too thin as to why she is delaying the wedding, since she can't tell them the real reason.  You realize you're on a tv show right?

The Ethiopian couple.  God Bless'em!  I like him.  It seems like he loves her so much and is trying so hard to make her feel more at home with their living accommodations.  But, unfortunately, his vision hasn't caught up to the reality yet, lol.  He should not have shown her the place he bought that just needs "a little painting", until it was much further along because that was a shocker.

Can I go live with Kenneth and Armando, lol?  They seem so fun and pleasant.  And that kitchen!  And that balcony with the VIEW!!!!  Oh, heck, yeah!  It's nice to see at least one of the Americans on the Other Way doesn't have an issue with the new living arrangements, lol.  At least I wouldn't think so.    
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Ash - I had read the Graves disease thing but thought that it was a known thing, I didn't realize he got diagnoses based on comments. Kind of like Tarik from Flip or Flop if you watched that, I think viewers noticed something on him and it ended up being something cancerous.

Brittany and Yazan just need to run away from each other

I looked into the area Kenneth and Armando are in and I guess it isn't too far from the US border and is a big ex pat type of area.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited July 2020
    That’s awesome about the Ash thing. I hope the comments weren’t making fun of him but genuine concern.  As douchey as Big Ed is, he’s getting made fun if his neck, which he has no control over, and that’s not cool. 

I hope Ken and Armando are close enough where travel to his family is easier, even if they cross the border and fly domestically that could be cheaper (southwest deals!).  Im big on family and it upsets me when close knit ones are torn apart.  Lol.