Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

1202122232426»

Re: 90 Day fiance

• I've read lots of rumors that her family is outlandish because they're hoping for a spin off like Family Chantel and so they instigate more drama than what actually goes on there
  • kvruns said:
    I've read lots of rumors that her family is outlandish because they're hoping for a spin off like Family Chantel and so they instigate more drama than what actually goes on there
    That definitely makes sense! 
  • Elizabeth's family was also annoying me with their relentless interrogation of Andrei and his friends/family.  WHO CARES why he originally left Moldovia!!!  They've already been married for about two years and have a baby.

And please tell me I wasn't the only one rolling my eyes every time someone said "you're about to/I'm about to marry him" and acting like this event was some lifetime commitment.  You already married him, honey.  That ship has sailed.

With that said, that looked like an awesome party!  I loved seeing the different traditions.  The live music and dancing, including the big production in presenting the bread to the bride.

It is disappointing when TLC makes things so obviously fake.  Between the dinner a few episodes ago and now the wedding.  It does seem like they are trying to pull a similar "Pedro vs. River" stunt. LMAO at the dad and Charlie wondering what lox was.  Bitch please.  You all live in FL.  Where NYers come to nest for the winter.  You know very well what lox is.

On Spin-offs, I don't watch Family Chantel (nor would I watch an Elizabeth/Andrei spinoff).  But I have been watching Darcey and Stacey.  For more fake...in the last episode, they were supposed to go to L.A. to restart their fashion line.  But then the dad "warned" them that COVID had now reached the US and he strongly discouraged them from going.  But he only spoke to Darcey.  She pushed over pretty easily.  Then had a monologue about how scary it was.  With words that no one was saying at that time.  At least that scene was obviously filmed recently.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Speaking of fake, has anyone been watching Darcey and Stacey? It's so obvious how out of order things were filmed. When Florian came to NY, it was very clearly still cold and Covid hadn't hit us yet. They were out in a bar/club, no masks, etc. But the scenes of Darcey at home shows the trees and everything in full bloom. I especially noticed this when Darcey met with their friends to tell them about the pictures of Florian with the other woman. It was very obviously not winter/warm out, and all the trees had leaves. 

Yes, this is what I notice when I watch shows like this..haha. 
  • Very observant @climbingwife!  I have yet to watch Sunday’s ep. But speaking of Darcey & Stacey, I just cringe at some if their “come hither” looks:  like the bathtub... and at the dinner they went to. Darcey makes such forced and uncomfortable faces at him (can’t remember his name).  Stop it, Darce.  He wants you, already.  Otherwise he wouldn’t have contacted you. 

• Omg, that bathtub scene was so awkward. 

I have second hand embarrassment for almost the whole duration of that show. Also their hair drives me crazy - the color, the obvious extensions. You clearly have money! Go to a better salon! Damn. 
  • I have not watched Darcy and Stacy because they are just so cringe worthy with desperation 
  • Omg, that bathtub scene was so awkward. 

I have second hand embarrassment for almost the whole duration of that show. Also their hair drives me crazy - the color, the obvious extensions. You clearly have money! Go to a better salon! Damn. 
    I think, in general, that TLC needs to stay out of everyone's bathroom, lol.  It is especially notorious on the B90 Strikes Back show.  They do a lot of footage of people "getting ready" to sit down and watch the show they were on.  I do not want to see people getting out of the shower or doing personal things, like plucking their nose hairs.  Why even film that!  I do not understand. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy not even with Big Ed?

• I can't even watch the B90 Strikes Back thing. It's too much. 
  • @short+sassy not even with Big Ed?
    Nope, not even for him, lol.  That's okay, though.  He lounges around in his shortie robe anyway, with it open to his navel.

He might be a huge jerk, but Jessie's "shower scene" was about the only time I didn't mind TLC being so intrusive, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • finally catching up on episodes.

Asuelu's family is just awful. I am in awe of how his and Kalani's kids can fall asleep anywhere and everywhere though!!

• kvruns said:
    finally catching up on episodes.

Asuelu's family is just awful. I am in awe of how his and Kalani's kids can fall asleep anywhere and everywhere though!!
    Yes!  I'm trying to be understanding about "cultural differences" and that supporting one's parents is something that is more common in Samoa than it is in the US.

But Asuelu's mom and sister have just gone over the top, no matter how much more supposedly common it is.  Because, if that were really true, they wouldn't be implying the couple should be getting more money from Kalani's parents.  By definition, Asuelu/Kalani would be obligated to help her parents also.

I mean, yeesh!  I think of helping one's parents when they are too elderly to be able to work.  Not when someone is in their mid-20s, barely out of HS themselves, and raising their own young family.  Unless the mom is disabled, she is still young enough to be working.

It's cold as ice how the mom has made it clear she doesn't care about her grandkids or Asuelu's happiness if it interrupts her cash flow.  And the sister needs to stay out of it.

With all that said, they do have a point that it is ridiculous Asuleu only has a p/t job and Kalani has none.  I, a little bit, understand Kalani.  She is taking care of the two very young children.  Daycare could be more expensive then the money she would make at a job!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Agreed that I don't understand why Asuelu can't find a full time job. 

Caught up on Darcey and Stacey. It's so hard to watch Darcey with this new guy. He's saying that he'll try to make time for her, and it's like she hears something different in her head. 
  • Yea Kalani also relies on her family for support too much. Even before kids it seemedlike they mostly supported her despite her being 27/28 at that point. It actually seems like kalani might have a better chance at a FT job making more and Asuelu stay home with the kids
  • kvruns said:
    Yea Kalani also relies on her family for support too much. Even before kids it seemedlike they mostly supported her despite her being 27/28 at that point. It actually seems like kalani might have a better chance at a FT job making more and Asuelu stay home with the kids
    Absolutely!  But Asuelu seems too stuck in old-fashioned gender roles to "demean" himself with "women's work".

I've never understood what Kalani sees in him.  He's more like a child than an adult.  He's super chauvinistic.  I get the impression that is some of the world she grew up in, but not to the extreme that Asuelu did.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yea I dont think Asuelu would ever be stay at home dad but realistically that would be a better financial option for their family. ALthough I'm guessing now he's probably not working any hours with the frozen yogurt place anyway

I think kalani thought he was cute and then when she got pregnant it was like OK guess we have to become a family now. 
  • Anyone watch Happily Ever after yet? Has me further convinced the Libby/Andrei/Charlie wedding scene was fabricated for the show. 

Kalani just needs to get rid of Asuelu plain and simple. He will never be what you need. 
  • I still need to catch up. I was surprised Andrei didn't beat the shit out of Charlie. 

Darcey & Stacey - the fact that Stacey believes everything Florian says. Ugh. He clearly cheated. 
    Darcey worried about Georgi. Girl, he told you he's fine and doesn't want to come see you. Pick up on these damn clues. 
  • I still need to catch up. I was surprised Andrei didn't beat the shit out of Charlie. 

Darcey & Stacey - the fact that Stacey believes everything Florian says. Ugh. He clearly cheated. 
    Darcey worried about Georgi. Girl, he told you he's fine and doesn't want to come see you. Pick up on these damn clues. 
    Stacey should leave Florian for sure.  Cheating aside he’s just a mean guy with an attitude and she doesn’t need that.  He’s never going to chnage.

• Yeah, absolutely. His freak outs are scary. He truly has some issues. 
  • I've not watched their spin off show yet. Not sure I will or not 
  • OMG, Florian (eye roll)!  Putting aside the cheating, I have no idea what Stacey sees in that guy.  He looks brooding and angry all the time and acts like that most of the time.  He won't talk about subjects he is uncomfortable with and manipulates her to not bring them up by getting mad when she does.  He also doesn't seem that into her.

Even his excuse of where those pics/videos came from is that the woman set him up by inviting him to her hotel room to get compromising photos.  But, really, they were just hanging out.

And Stacey doesn't even ask the obvious question because she wants to keep living the delusion, ie "Why did you go in her hotel room in the first place?" 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happily Ever After: The tell all

anyone else think it’s a double standard that Michael can’t watch a dancer “dance”... but Angela can hit on Libby’s Dad and wonder why Colt didn’t send her a d*ck pic?

• Happily Ever After: The tell all

anyone else think it’s a double standard that Michael can’t watch a dancer “dance”... but Angela can hit on Libby’s Dad and wonder why Colt didn’t send her a d*ck pic?

SIB
    I thought those were hilarious moments, but totally agree.  I don't think there was anything wrong with what she said, because she obviously said them for laughs.  But, yeah!  Michael could never have said the same things joking without her throwing a fit and threatening divorce/breakup, like she's already done a dozen times.  They were laughing too, but calling her out on that on Pillow Talk.

Andrei was his usual annoying self.  Yes, Andrei, there is nothing wrong with being a SAHD.  But only if that is what both people agree to.  And it is very clear that Elizabeth thinks Andrei needs to get a job.  I was also rolling my eyes that he wants to be "partners" with the dad on real estate.  Here's the deal, Andrei.  Whether family or not, to be "partners" with someone, you need to be bringing something to the table.  Libby's dad brings experience and money.  What are you bringing?  Nothing?  Right.  That's why he's not doing a deal with you as a partner.

As an aside, a few years ago, a handyman we'd used for a few big projects approached us about wanting to do a "fix and flip" deal with him.  Not a general contractor, but was very skilled and had a crew.  I was open to the idea because that was what he brought to the table, but immediately saw two major problems.

1)  He needed "skin in the game".  The money didn't need to be 50/50, but he needed some of his own money in the deal or I wasn't comfortable.

2)  He's really good, so he's really busy.  But if his main contribution is skill, then he needs to be at our hypothetical job site the majority of the time.  Can he go 2-3 months, or however long it takes, without income?  And also KIM that any profit we would hopefully have wouldn't be coming until after closing, which can potentially take another few months. 

He said his FI would help with the down payment and could also be on the loan with me because she has good credit and a decent income.  So okay, check off concern #1.  But I saw the light go out of his eyes when I pointed out #2!  Exactly!  He hadn't been thinking about that flips take time and he can't be spending much of his time on other jobs while the flip is happening.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh yeah the SAHD thing, it’s actually very common in my workplace.  We have a lot of successful women in my industry and ones with littles have decided that it made sense if the fathers stay home and everyone’s ok with that.  Why?  Because it was agreed upon, like you said @short+sassy .

andrei and his sudden partnership reminds me of my friend. She called me up on day and asked if she could call McDonald’s corporate because she found a PERFECT spot off the highway.  And if she informed McDonalds of this location then maybe they could make her a manager there?

by the way, she’s never worked a fast food place in her LIFE, McDonald’s included.  I told her it didn’t work like that.  

• Oh yeah the SAHD thing, it’s actually very common in my workplace.  We have a lot of successful women in my industry and ones with littles have decided that it made sense if the fathers stay home and everyone’s ok with that.  Why?  Because it was agreed upon, like you said @short+sassy .

andrei and his sudden partnership reminds me of my friend. She called me up on day and asked if she could call McDonald’s corporate because she found a PERFECT spot off the highway.  And if she informed McDonalds of this location then maybe they could make her a manager there?

by the way, she’s never worked a fast food place in her LIFE, McDonald’s included.  I told her it didn’t work like that.  
    What a super bizarre assumption, lol.  I thought you were about to say she wanted to open a franchise.  Because that would be Step Number One.  Minor details like a franchisee would want to open a McD in that spot and then build it.  Or maybe McD builds it and then sells it to a franchisee?  Not totally sure how that works.  Which is also making the huge assumption they'd even want a location there.

And then I'm 99% sure she'd need to hit up the franchisee for a management job there.  McD might help franchises with advertising for job openings (though I'm not sure about that), but I wouldn't think they make hiring decisions.  Though I think there are national HR resources/programs for franchisee employees.

Or did she think they'd open a corporate store there?  Because that's not really what they do.  I could be wrong, but I don't think there are many corporate stores anymore and the ones that do exist are from a long time ago.

But here is info that is actually helpful, if she wants to be a McD store manager.  I've heard they make good money.  If she has any management experience, I think she'd have a good shot for a shift manager or assistant manager position.  From what I've heard, you can fairly quickly work your way up to store manager, if that is a person's interest.  In the few years it would take for her hypothetical McD location to open, she would have already put her time in to potentially be promoted into store manager or be a direct hire for a different McD franchisee.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker