Wedding Woes

Things I'm not understanding in 2020.

Please add your own to help my last 30 minutes burn away.

1. People posting videos on YouTube of them cleaning their entire house. Not motivating me. Nope.
2. Eyelashes that look like this:

Amazoncom  Veleasha High Volume Mink Lashes Cruelty-free 25mm Long 3D  Eyelashes Dramatic Look for Makeup 45AFalse Eyelashes  Beauty

Re: Things I'm not understanding in 2020.

• Everything TikTok.

Young queer folx who want to use, "I didn't know that" as an excuse.  Hey, us older queer folx are incredibly happy you don't have to experience our struggles, but when we tell you the t, LISTEN.

Bearded drag queens.
  • I don't get TikTok either and young people never listen to anyone. I can't believe I'm at the age to say that. 47 and holding. Ha
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2020
    1. Lace face masks
    2. Make up under the eye. Here’s Bailey Sarian - love her - but she and a lot of beauty bloggers put eyeshadow on the waterline. When I do it - it looks like I just got punched in the eye. And is this for an every day look?

• @CharmedPam I seriously though you meant like face masks for skin care and googled that.  

:smiley:
  • No its a thing.  Some are lined - some are not but I think it’s just an FU to mask wearers

• Yeah, don't get that either.

• I'm with you on TikTok - don't get it. I'm definitely the old one here. 

@VarunaTT, I get annoyed at younger women who tell me that my generation had it easy and we didn't do anything. Excuse me, we had no maternity leave or job security if we took it. I was lucky that the place I worked let me use my vacation and sick leave for maternity leave. No on site childcare ( I know this is a growing thing not universal). My point is, that we asked and asked for things that are available now. 
    I know not the point, but this year has made me SO appreciative of all the women who worked to get paid parental leave. I still think we need more (& childcare & better health care) but so thankful I had the time off I did. 

Things I don’t get: Opened toe Ugg boots. Like, why??

• I love tik tok. Idk that i "get" it and I am not going to do it but I love it. These kids need something to do, lol.

I don't understand the whole " only a medical doctor is a doctor" crowd.

@charlotte989875 what are those!?! And WHY?!? Ew.
  • Fuzzy Birkenstocks.  Why?
  • @CharmedPam depending on the eye and depending on the colour, reasons for under eye shadow is half to open the eye, half for drama. If it's a white {liner} on waterline then it opens up the eye. It brings more light into the white of the eye.
    Shadow under the eye - around the lashline - is usually to make the eye more dramatic. If you have larger eyes, it definitely helps.

@NOLABridesmaid Usually those lashes are for funsies, drama and modeling. Some enjoy the every day dramatic looks.

@VarunaTT I'm relatively new on TikTok but what's confusing you?
  • Imma be petty because covid.

Our city is literally in a good spot. BUT FUCKING TORONTO!! They're in a terrible spot - word is people don't wanna mask - but our premier {whom I vastly dislike. Did not vote for him. Whole host of friggen issues on why he's a douche separately} is apparently going to lock the ENTIRE FUCKING PROVINCE DOWN

This is literally a situation of everyone suffers because the problem child cannot fucking get it together.

Idk what we're doing. I think we're adjusting our plans to not eat and be able to social distance but still see our parents. MIL and SFIL are already self isolating to see M's grandpa, and I'm pretty sure my mum's work has been lowered on people.
  • I "get" TikTok. What I don't get is why everyone does these dumb copy cat dances. 

This new "pull me up" cake trend. Most of them look like shit. 

Why I still have to be in the office almost every fucking day. 
  • I "get" TikTok. What I don't get is why everyone does these dumb copy cat dances. 

Yeeeessss!

@CharmedPam, I hadn't heard of "lace" face masks until my idiot friend made one for her CHILD.  No liner.  And she definitely made it as an FU to companies that require a face mask to enter their establishment.

People who are going to big parties/gatherings.  Usually without a face mask.

((Good to see you again, @NOLABridesmaid, waving hi!))
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't find it confusing, I just don't find it very entertaining 90% of the time.  I have enjoyed some stuff from it (the lesbian thirst traps can be hysterical), but K was obsessed with it and I've seen other people who can just watch it for hours.  I really dislike watching videos over people's shoulders and I just wasn't interested, so I finally was like, Boundary: 2/day and that's it.
  • VarunaTT said:
    I don't find it confusing, I just don't find it very entertaining 90% of the time.  I have enjoyed some stuff from it (the lesbian thirst traps can be hysterical), but K was obsessed with it and I've seen other people who can just watch it for hours.  I really dislike watching videos over people's shoulders and I just wasn't interested, so I finally was like, Boundary: 2/day and that's it.
    So as you start liking/following people, your "FYP" will change to things you like.
    I gets better lol

I follow 2 people who are trans, so I'm on the LGBTQ+ side of tiktok a lot lol BUT at the beginning I wasn't a fan of tiktok - until I learned about their algorithms

Yeeeessss!

@CharmedPam, I hadn't heard of "lace" face masks until my idiot friend made one for her CHILD.  No liner.  And she definitely made it as an FU to companies that require a face mask to enter their establishment.

People who are going to big parties/gatherings.  Usually without a face mask.

((Good to see you again, @NOLABridesmaid, waving hi!))
    I LOVE that places like Disney have the requirement that you not only MUST wear a face mask the entire time you're in the park with only limited listed exceptions but those masks must meet the listed criteria that they document.  
  • VarunaTT said:
    I don't find it confusing, I just don't find it very entertaining 90% of the time.  I have enjoyed some stuff from it (the lesbian thirst traps can be hysterical), but K was obsessed with it and I've seen other people who can just watch it for hours.  I really dislike watching videos over people's shoulders and I just wasn't interested, so I finally was like, Boundary: 2/day and that's it.
    So as you start liking/following people, your "FYP" will change to things you like.
    I gets better lol

I follow 2 people who are trans, so I'm on the LGBTQ+ side of tiktok a lot lol BUT at the beginning I wasn't a fan of tiktok - until I learned about their algorithms
    I fully admit to also being old person crotchety with social media.  I just don't want to put in the work for another platform.  Most days I'm iffy with FB anymore, though I still love Twitter.  I barely pay attention to Instagram anymore.  I never got into Snapchat even though I tried.  Hell, I just really came around to texting a few years ago, and that's just because it can be convenient to ask a question that doesn't require a full phone call.

:D

• VarunaTT said:
    VarunaTT said:
    I gets better lol

I fully admit to also being old person crotchety with social media.  I just don't want to put in the work for another platform.  Most days I'm iffy with FB anymore, though I still love Twitter.  I barely pay attention to Instagram anymore.  I never got into Snapchat even though I tried.  Hell, I just really came around to texting a few years ago, and that's just because it can be convenient to ask a question that doesn't require a full phone call.

:D

LMAO! That's fair :) Well if you decide to, at least you'll know how to adjust to your likes.

Tbh I laugh. I've never "liked" anything along the lines of kink but TikTok knows what I'd be willing to try.
    I'm like "ahahahaha .... wtfff .... how do you knowwww!" 
    {spoiler - it's listens lmao I'm convinced}
  • Been in a TikTok, but never used it.  Our friend's daughter is obsessed with the dances and shit.  She got us all to do a TikTok dance on Halloween with her.  

I saw people are getting eyelash mites/lice from not taking off their fake lashes.  Yikes. 

There are a lot of things about 2020 I don't understand, but I can't think of one of them at the moment.  Of course. 
  • Re: social media 
    Being around teenagers at work all day makes me feel 20 years older than I am.  I know 36 isn’t too old for tiktok, but watching 14-yr-olds use it every chance they have makes me feel too old.  Same thing with snapchat back when I was 32.  All of their parents have Instagram and their grandparents have FB 😳 so those remain my social media’s (though I only log into FB 1-2x a week, for a quick scroll). My kids’ school district uses Twitter so I made a Twitter account last year...I will admit I don’t really get what makes it a time suck. So I guess I don’t get Twitter.  

• OH and when people post a picture of their toddler (or any age kid, but it’s usually a toddler) with the caption “_____ is a mood”.  Stop it, that’s annoying.
  • ei34 said:
    OH and when people post a picture of their toddler (or any age kid, but it’s usually a toddler) with the caption “_____ is a mood”.  Stop it, that’s annoying.
    I'm guilty of doing this. Mostly because BK is very expressive lol
  • ei34 said:
    OH and when people post a picture of their toddler (or any age kid, but it’s usually a toddler) with the caption “_____ is a mood”.  Stop it, that’s annoying.
    Totally agree! Also your kid is probably going to find that on the internet some day. 
  • I don't understand why the mall was packed this weekend (I drove by). What the fuck are these people thinking? I literally bought all of my Xmas presents online. I haven't even been inside a mall since February! 
  • I don't understand why the mall was packed this weekend (I drove by). What the fuck are these people thinking? I literally bought all of my Xmas presents online. I haven't even been inside a mall since February! 
    I think I was in one last Christmas?   I couldn't tell you when!  

We have some stuff that's just lost in transit now but I'm not going to a mall to replace it.  What the kids don't know they're missing is just too bad. 
  • ei34 said:
    I'm guilty of doing this. Mostly because BK is very expressive lol
    Aren’t all kids 😜 or, at least the ones I know.  I actually love cute kid posts.  I just don’t like the phrasing.
    I've only been to an outdoor mall this year and we went to, like, 2-3 stores because we were looking for something specific.  I cannot imagine an INDOOR mall, packed, 5 days before Christmas during a freaking pandemic.  If Covid was a bowling ball, it was probably just knocking people down left and right.  
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I don't understand why the mall was packed this weekend (I drove by). What the fuck are these people thinking? I literally bought all of my Xmas presents online. I haven't even been inside a mall since February! 
    I've only been to an outdoor mall this year and we went to, like, 2-3 stores because we were looking for something specific.  I cannot imagine an INDOOR mall, packed, 5 days before Christmas during a freaking pandemic.  If Covid was a bowling ball, it was probably just knocking people down left and right.  
    I was almost having a panic attack just driving by. All of the entrances were backed up with cars, and the parking lot was jammed. I was on my way back from Toyota and I actually got stuck in the traffic just trying to get around the mall. Insanity!