Wedding Woes
Options

Not just another Wednesday

2»

Re: Not just another Wednesday

• Options
    VarunaTT said:
    I feel like a crushing weight has been lifted from my chest, honestly.  Trump laid out some bullshit before leaving that directly affects my community, but hopefully Biden takes care of that quickly.  The White House website contact now requests your pronouns...what 4 hours after he was sworn in?  Representation and validation matters.

I watched the inauguration and I cried through a lot of it.  Seeing Kamala sworn in meant a lot to me; I can't even imagine what it must've felt like for Black women and South Asian women.  Just seeing politicians who seemed to have emotions, real genuine love and excitement on their face, rather than that puckered up sullen orange face...it just made me feel so much better, so much more human.  Gaga slayed the anthem, JLo didn't mess up, Garth was okay, but the inauguration was 100000% stolen by Amanda Gorman.  Her poetry moved me greatly; I think hearing a young black woman speak with hope and promise about our country unfurled something in my chest and helped me find some hope again too.

I'm going for a celebratory drink after work and then probably heading home.  I'm struggling with my allergies and asthma and I'm over it.  Still a lot on my plate at work, which is nice.
    I couldn't watch because I was working.  I appreciate the summary and your thoughts.

And maybe I shouldn't even share a downer.  Because I know Rome wasn't built in a day.  But one of the headlines I read this morning really bummed me out.  On a day that should be filled with hope and promise.  It was a reminder of the bullshit world we still live in.  An article about VP Harris's inauguration outfit and that it was created by a black designer.  

(My thoughts as if I was speaking to the article).  Cool.  And who was Biden wearing?  (Silence.  I tap on my imaginary microphone.  Hello?  Who was Biden wearing?)

Oh yeah!  That's right.  We almost never talk about what men wear.  Only women.  Even when they are the Vice President of the United States.
    On the other hand there were a ton of memes about Bernie’s outfit and I was living for them. 

I agree with what you’re saying though. 

• Options
    levioosa said:
    VarunaTT said:
    I feel like a crushing weight has been lifted from my chest, honestly.  Trump laid out some bullshit before leaving that directly affects my community, but hopefully Biden takes care of that quickly.  The White House website contact now requests your pronouns...what 4 hours after he was sworn in?  Representation and validation matters.

I watched the inauguration and I cried through a lot of it.  Seeing Kamala sworn in meant a lot to me; I can't even imagine what it must've felt like for Black women and South Asian women.  Just seeing politicians who seemed to have emotions, real genuine love and excitement on their face, rather than that puckered up sullen orange face...it just made me feel so much better, so much more human.  Gaga slayed the anthem, JLo didn't mess up, Garth was okay, but the inauguration was 100000% stolen by Amanda Gorman.  Her poetry moved me greatly; I think hearing a young black woman speak with hope and promise about our country unfurled something in my chest and helped me find some hope again too.

I'm going for a celebratory drink after work and then probably heading home.  I'm struggling with my allergies and asthma and I'm over it.  Still a lot on my plate at work, which is nice.
    I couldn't watch because I was working.  I appreciate the summary and your thoughts.

And maybe I shouldn't even share a downer.  Because I know Rome wasn't built in a day.  But one of the headlines I read this morning really bummed me out.  On a day that should be filled with hope and promise.  It was a reminder of the bullshit world we still live in.  An article about VP Harris's inauguration outfit and that it was created by a black designer.  

(My thoughts as if I was speaking to the article).  Cool.  And who was Biden wearing?  (Silence.  I tap on my imaginary microphone.  Hello?  Who was Biden wearing?)

Oh yeah!  That's right.  We almost never talk about what men wear.  Only women.  Even when they are the Vice President of the United States.
    On the other hand there were a ton of memes about Bernie’s outfit and I was living for them. 

I agree with what you’re saying though. 
    I hadn't seen anything about Bernie, so I went and looked it up.  That actually does make me feel a little (tiny bit) better that his outfit was talked about also, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The Bernie meme’s don’t stop coming.  

• Options
    Yours is better @flantastic