Just Engaged and Proposals

Hard time getting over a disappointing proposal

First off I’ll start out with we have been together for 9 years. We have a 2 yo and 1 yo together. We tried on engagement rings 4+ years ago but it never went anywhere. ( I’ve never been pushy in anyway) Last March we went again and I knew he would be buying a ring in the near future. Well he did, and he held on to it for 10 months! He ended up  proposing on NYE in a corner of our garage. A week after his grandma had passed away from Covid, while we were leaving some money for my mom (to travel out of state to visit his mom due to the passing). I was Instantly underwhelmed and 3 months later I’m still having a hard time knowing the moment has passed and I’ll never get it back.  We’ve made many memories together and I just feel he could have done ANYTHING else for it to be more meaningful. I’m trying to get passed it, but really struggling. 

Re: Hard time getting over a disappointing proposal

• ammullen7 said:
    First off I’ll start out with we have been together for 9 years. We have a 2 yo and 1 yo together. We tried on engagement rings 4+ years ago but it never went anywhere. ( I’ve never been pushy in anyway) Last March we went again and I knew he would be buying a ring in the near future. Well he did, and he held on to it for 10 months! He ended up  proposing on NYE in a corner of our garage. A week after his grandma had passed away from Covid, while we were leaving some money for my mom (to travel out of state to visit his mom due to the passing). I was Instantly underwhelmed and 3 months later I’m still having a hard time knowing the moment has passed and I’ll never get it back.  We’ve made many memories together and I just feel he could have done ANYTHING else for it to be more meaningful. I’m trying to get passed it, but really struggling. 
    Have you spoke to him about it? 
  • The best way is to talk to him. 

If you feel like you need some more romancing you're going to have to talk to him about it.  You have been together for 9 years so use the same skills you have getting through other issues and let him know that how you feel about the relationship and the one event in it aren't the same.