Wedding Woes

Thursday!

2»

Re: Thursday!

• OK Chicago people, my SIL is having a hard time getting a vaccine appointment. How did you guys get yours. DD got hers through work (hospital) so she didn't have to navigate the state system or whatever normal people have to use. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated
    2 things helping me:
    wake up early and check the cvs site. Walgreens is shit, never has availability. 
    If SIL has a FB account, have them join the group “Chicago Vaccine Hunters”. Super helpful tips & info in there. 

• Thanks, Pam. I'll pass that info along.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2021
    I think the group said CVS opens the appt’s at midnight, but I’m never awake.  I just check at 5:30 when I wake up and see some availability then. 

• I think the group said CVS opens the appt’s at midnight, but I’m never awake.  I just check at 5:30 when I wake up and see some availability then. 
    Last year during the worst days of the pandemic, doing a pick up from Sam's Club sounded like the BEST way to get mega groceries for the least risk.  Except they never had availability.

Then I noticed that, although the slots were always filled, you could see where the slots were.  And it was only the current day and two days into the future.  Hmmm.  Which got me wondering, if I went onto their site right at midnight, could I get a pickup slot?

Bingo!  I had my cart all set and ready to go.  11:59 pm, refresh, refresh, refresh.  Then brand new slots available and I got one!  Out of curiosity, I kept watching.  By about 12:10am, they were all full.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2021
    It’s like trying to get concert tickets at ticketmaster eh? @short+sassy

• It is crazy! I passed the info on to DD. SIL was only using Walgreens so hopefully he will go to the CVS site now (I had already suggested that but you know .....) DD really wants him vaccinated so maybe she will just do it for him lol!
  • OK Chicago people, my SIL is having a hard time getting a vaccine appointment. How did you guys get yours. DD got hers through work (hospital) so she didn't have to navigate the state system or whatever normal people have to use. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

I have book club tonight. Highly recommend the book: The Girl who Wrote in Silk. It was so interesting and unfortunately very timely. Not much else going on today. I actually slept fairly well last night. Sick little doggie made it until 5 this morning so I felt like I had a full night's sleep. My Italian tutor is coming back from maternity leave in a couple of weeks so I've been doing a lot of that today. I also found out the DS1 didn't get the job he interviewed for a few weeks ago. Super bummed about that. He would have been so good for it! Haha, I'm not biased at all. H is still working on finishing the dresser for the boys room that we will take up to them at Easter. DD is in waiting mode for that baby. Nana says he can come any time now.
    If SIL has Facebook tell her to join the group Chicago Vaccine hunters.  There are tons of people either willing to help get ppl appointments or sharing tips and tricks to get in.  Is she a resident of actual Chicago?  If so, I've heard the United Center has been easier than most places.  You can look it up online and register.  If she is Cook County but not Chicago, then it seems like the best bet that I have seen is to call the County hotline at 833.308.1988 and they can set you up (although you may have to call a million times to get through, but once you do i haven't heard of anyone not getting an appointment in the end.  If she's not Cook county, there is an IDPH number she can call that will help.  

Walgreens/CVS/Meijer/Jewel/Marianos are all a f**king joke game but there are some specific things that may help that are outlined in that Facebook group (or feel free to PM me and i can pass along what i know).  I managed to snag appts for DH after about a week of trying incessantly.  

Happy to help more if I can.  Good luck!

• Casadena said:
    OK Chicago people, my SIL is having a hard time getting a vaccine appointment. How did you guys get yours. DD got hers through work (hospital) so she didn't have to navigate the state system or whatever normal people have to use. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

I have book club tonight. Highly recommend the book: The Girl who Wrote in Silk. It was so interesting and unfortunately very timely. Not much else going on today. I actually slept fairly well last night. Sick little doggie made it until 5 this morning so I felt like I had a full night's sleep. My Italian tutor is coming back from maternity leave in a couple of weeks so I've been doing a lot of that today. I also found out the DS1 didn't get the job he interviewed for a few weeks ago. Super bummed about that. He would have been so good for it! Haha, I'm not biased at all. H is still working on finishing the dresser for the boys room that we will take up to them at Easter. DD is in waiting mode for that baby. Nana says he can come any time now.
    If SIL has Facebook tell her to join the group Chicago Vaccine hunters.  There are tons of people either willing to help get ppl appointments or sharing tips and tricks to get in.  Is she a resident of actual Chicago?  If so, I've heard the United Center has been easier than most places.  You can look it up online and register.  If she is Cook County but not Chicago, then it seems like the best bet that I have seen is to call the County hotline at 833.308.1988 and they can set you up (although you may have to call a million times to get through, but once you do i haven't heard of anyone not getting an appointment in the end.  If she's not Cook county, there is an IDPH number she can call that will help.  

Walgreens/CVS/Meijer/Jewel/Marianos are all a f**king joke game but there are some specific things that may help that are outlined in that Facebook group (or feel free to PM me and i can pass along what i know).  I managed to snag appts for DH after about a week of trying incessantly.  

Happy to help more if I can.  Good luck!

They are Cook County but not Chicago. I'll tell here to call the hotline. Thanks!
  • Thanks @Casadena and @CharmedPam, SIL got an appointment for tomorrow (saturday) through the county. Appreciate y'all's help.