Wedding Woes
Options

Zzzzz...Tuesday

2»

Re: Zzzzz...Tuesday

• Options
    Are you going on antibiotics?  Did they analyze the tick for size and also see how "in" it was? 

I've spotted a few on my kiddos and living in an area where Lyme is super prevalent they've noted things like if the tick is super engorged, legs are coming off because it was done feasting and if it was a deer tick are things that can be a cause for concern.  When I had one of my kids in for a concern 2 years ago they didn't do a prophylactic antibiotic.  
  • Options
    Also, @short+sassy ours is hooked up to our toilet as an attachment.  
  • Options
    They did for me, I’m sorry! But I react to medicines pretty easily. Also I asked for something to combat a yeast infection given how strong the antibiotics are in case I got one! 
    I thought I was the only one who reacted that way with antibotics!  When the doc prescribes me one, i’ll also ask for a prescription monostat too.  It’s like $2 if the doc writes a script and $17 otc. 

I didn’t know we were on a T.P shortage either! I have this damn bag if 1 ply I accidentally bought and it’s taking forever to go through it. I just want it gone, so I can whip out the 2ply stuff.  I’ll probably survive 2 more TP shortages with this double roll, 1 ply shit I picked up

• Options
    @STARMOON44

https://www.aafp.org/afp/2012/0601/p1086.html

Long story short, risk of transmission is low if tick has been attached <24 hours, and up to 36 hrs. They do recommend single dose doxycycline treatment for potential exposure but not long term antibiotic therapy (post exposure prophylaxis used to be 14 days). 

• Options
    RE: PTing.  I tried with DefConn right around 3 and he was just not having it.  I waited a few months, when I had a full week off work with no plans, and he was good to go in less than 2 days (except for naps and nighttime, we did pull-ups).

Also he hated the little toilet on the floor.  My mom gave us a potty ring that fit over our regular toilet seat and he loved it.  

I say all that to say, 1. try different tactics and 2. it may come in fits and starts before it really 'takes'. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    Thanks, yes!  This is what I was considering.  Much cheaper and less hassle then replacing the whole toilet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Glad you’re getting it checked out @STARMOON44
    Omg same @CharmedPam with any oral prescription I request monostat too!
    Theres not a TP shortage here but I haven’t been able to resist grabbing Costco’s 36-pack each time I go (once every six or so weeks). Scarred from last spring. In addition to the random 8-pack I get at Target each week, which really is more than enough for my family. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2021
    banana468 said:
    Thanks, yes!  This is what I was considering.  Much cheaper and less hassle then replacing the whole toilet.
    OMG, there's one that I've heard about on podcasts all the time.  Something "tushy".   

ETA:  Hello Tushy
  • Options
    Good luck @STARMOON44! I've considered getting that bidet that attaches to the toilet too but have waited because we are discussing remodeling our master bath. Don't want to do anything until that is all decided. We have an embarrassing amount of TP for two people However, we never know when we will have family come in to town now. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    RE: PTing.  I tried with DefConn right around 3 and he was just not having it.  I waited a few months, when I had a full week off work with no plans, and he was good to go in less than 2 days (except for naps and nighttime, we did pull-ups).

Also he hated the little toilet on the floor.  My mom gave us a potty ring that fit over our regular toilet seat and he loved it.  

I say all that to say, 1. try different tactics and 2. it may come in fits and starts before it really 'takes'. 
    By the time we're doing this, we'll have 3 potties essentially.
    1 - living room basic potty
    2 - upstairs - has detachable part for toilet seat and also can close as a stool
    3 - travel and/or toilet seat

M & I were actually talking about how we're going to do it.
    I suggested first weekend to be bottomless to see where she is at. We're purchasing undies because M thinks she may respond better "if she feels it"
    So we'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

2 - upstairs - has detachable part for toilet seat and also can close as a stool

I suggested first weekend to be bottomless to see where she is at. We're purchasing undies because M thinks she may respond better "if she feels it"
    Go for both.  She'll need A LOT of them.  

• Options
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

Go for both.  She'll need A LOT of them.  

we have 2/3 - 3rd potty will be in by Thursday
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    I mean the undies. She's going to test them with pee.  
    oh. Lol yes. I'm getting 2 packs of 8 minimum
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    I mean the undies. She's going to test them with pee.  
    oh. Lol yes. I'm getting 2 packs of 8 minimum
    Good deal.  We went through a lot that first weekend.

Hint to you - if she's peeing nonstop then stop.  She has to want to do it and if it isn't clicking it needs more time. 
  • Options
    I've been so tired lately. For awhile I was waking up and ensuring M came to bed, but past couple nights I've just slept. And I'm still tired in the morning :(
    This weekend I may take some melatonin and maybe I'm not getting restful sleep? Idk.

Anyways, if anyone looks up the trash happening in Ontario - our premier is not well liked, neither is our education minister. Anyways letter came out saying "oh schools are staying open after this week"
    THEN a press conference and they're like "oh everyone is going to remote learning"

Alberta and Ontario are the WORST and I truly believe it's because we are run by conservatives. People keep trying to post blame on Trudeau but honestly, I don't think he is a large blame here.
    Yep, living the dream here!  Hubby being a teacher is actually happy to be teaching from home again because less risk, but I don't know if it was the right  decision to close the schools.  And I detest Lecce.  I don't believe a word the man says.  

I don't think closing the elementary schools makes any sense.  And what is going on with our vaccines?  And we know the lockdown isn't working, why are we in lockdown again?  Sigh, they need to come up with different strategies.  

• Options
    Holidays for me!  I am off until next Tuesday.  I can get stuff done around the house - paint my shed, get my backyard re-rabbit proofed, get my bikes fixed up, and reorganize some thingsaround the house.  It will be nice to have some time.  Hubby is off for "March" break as well, since Ontario pushed it back to April.  He's in a mood though - we finally get time to spend together and he gets all stressed out about things he needs to do.  Meh, I've got things to do too, so I'll just wait for him to get into a better mood.  

• Options
    kerbohl said:
    I've been so tired lately. For awhile I was waking up and ensuring M came to bed, but past couple nights I've just slept. And I'm still tired in the morning :(
    This weekend I may take some melatonin and maybe I'm not getting restful sleep? Idk.

Anyways, if anyone looks up the trash happening in Ontario - our premier is not well liked, neither is our education minister. Anyways letter came out saying "oh schools are staying open after this week"
    THEN a press conference and they're like "oh everyone is going to remote learning"

Alberta and Ontario are the WORST and I truly believe it's because we are run by conservatives. People keep trying to post blame on Trudeau but honestly, I don't think he is a large blame here.
    Yep, living the dream here!  Hubby being a teacher is actually happy to be teaching from home again because less risk, but I don't know if it was the right  decision to close the schools.  And I detest Lecce.  I don't believe a word the man says.  

I don't think closing the elementary schools makes any sense.  And what is going on with our vaccines?  And we know the lockdown isn't working, why are we in lockdown again?  Sigh, they need to come up with different strategies.  
    APPARENTLY teachers are next on vax roll out
  • Options
    kerbohl said:

Hubby has heard nothing.  I'll believe it when he gets scheduled .... and Lord knows when I'll be eligible for mine!

It's been so slow!  So slow!

• Options
    kerbohl said:
    kerbohl said:

Hubby has heard nothing.  I'll believe it when he gets scheduled .... and Lord knows when I'll be eligible for mine!

It's been so slow!  So slow!
    If there is a mobile/pop up vax near you, go there. Online in Ottawa says if you're over 18, you can go.