Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

2»

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    Re: Met Gala.  This dog must be very fashionable.  Wonder which house they work for?  LOL

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Re: Met Gala.  This dog must be very fashionable.  Wonder which house they work for?  LOL

Poor dog!  Where is their haute couture outfit?  Doesn't even have a bow tie, smh. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's been pretty hot here S+S.  Not Nola hot but I'm still in summer clothes.  @CharmedPam there's a pizzeria about a half hour from me that does a deep dish pie, I do enjoy it.  Although I can't side with you in that debate...
  • Options
    All this talk has made me very hungry for pizza, any pizza!  I would like to go to Chicago and have pizza there.  It's on my bucket list, and Chicago isn't even that far from me - I could drive!  I mean, I could drive to New York too, but that's like 10 hours.

I've switched over to pants with the cooler weather up here, but I regret it every morning.  I wake up, feel cold so I put on pants, and the second I start moving around I'm just thinking why on earth didn't I put on shorts?  My sleep addled brain isn't helping my dressing choices.

• Options
    There's definitely pizza joints in the suburbs of NYC that cut it into squares. There was a very popular restaurant in the town I grew up and it was always in squares, and when the new owners changed it, people revolted. So I will say that us tri-staters are accepting of a square, and not just a slice. 

Totally want pizza for dinner now. 
  • Options
    ei34 said:
    It's been pretty hot here S+S.  Not Nola hot but I'm still in summer clothes.  @CharmedPam there's a pizzeria about a half hour from me that does a deep dish pie, I do enjoy it.  Although I can't side with you in that debate...
    I think it is more of an "in comparison"  and personal preference thing, lol.

High 70s/low 80s is comfortable temps for me.  I don't find that too hot, unless I'm outside doing physical activity for a long time.  Mid 70s is perfect.  Drop below 70 and it's a little chilly.

I was planning to primarily bring summer dresses and short sleeve tops, with a couple cardigans for the evening or when we're indoors with a/c.

I appreciate the feedback from yourself, @climbingsingle, and @STARMOON44 that it sounds like I'm on the right track for my clothing choices!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    New. Haven. Style. 

I'll enjoy the NY/NJ style as well.  Pineapple as a requirement?  FFS no.  That's an every leap year option.
  • Options
    ei34 said:
    I think it is more of an "in comparison"  and personal preference thing, lol.

High 70s/low 80s is comfortable temps for me.  I don't find that too hot, unless I'm outside doing physical activity for a long time.  Mid 70s is perfect.  Drop below 70 and it's a little chilly.

I was planning to primarily bring summer dresses and short sleeve tops, with a couple cardigans for the evening or when we're indoors with a/c.

I appreciate the feedback from yourself, @climbingsingle, and @STARMOON44 that it sounds like I'm on the right track for my clothing choices!
    That sounds perfect!
  • Options
    I am side-eying one of the main coworkers I support.

I checked with my "back-up" yesterday.  She (V) is the only other person who can do this aspect of my job.  Unfortunately she is going to be slammed while I'm gone.

As such, I sent an e-mail yesterday to the two people I mainly support to remind them about my vacation and that "V" is going to be really busy.  She can help for really urgent matters but, if possible, please send me urgent stuff today or hold off until I'm back.

One of them has two urgent orders I need to place.  Which I knew about and...uhhh, yeah...that e-mail was mostly for him, lol.  He e-mailed last night he was going to try to get them to me this morning.  But now there are only two hours left in my workday and I don't have either one (sigh).

Overall, he's good to work with and I like him.  And I know he has a lot on his plate and is really busy.  But he does this kind of thing to me a lot!

It'll be "hurry, hurry, hurry...please get this package done for me, short+sassy."  But then he sits on the order and doesn't return it to me.  Or sends it in the 11th hour.

At this point, I doubt I'd have time to get them both out.  I hate to do that to "V" but, oh well.  I can only do what I can do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy My job is different but we kinda do it as if anything is being waited on during time {calls, emails, etc} and it isn't something on the system {aka things you have on your desk} it goes to next person in charge.
    So when I go away, it goes to J - BUT she doesn't follow up on anything unless it's specified - and vice versa
  • Options
    Also, Norm McDonald 💔 

• Options
  • Options
    We got home last night from SC. We got the car unloaded and a lot of stuff unpacked. I did the rest of the unpacking this morning after working out. Catching up on a little laundry. I washed most everything at the cottage before leaving. Our washing machine at home leaked water when I was doing the last load to pack to go on vacation. I scheduled a service person to come out and check it out tomorrow morning. Wouldn't you know, I did three loads today with no leaking. Oh well I guess we will pay the service charge for them to tell us nothing is wrong!

We also finalized our tile choices for the master bathroom. We meet with our contractor next week to hopefully get a final bid. 

DD is having a difficult time with the baby not sleeping. He is 5 months old, weighs about 18 pounds and is waking up multiple times during the night. She went back to work last week so she is exhausted from getting up during the night. She wants to do sleep training (they did that with the twins after they had a cold and started waking up during the night). However, the twins were older- about 8 months I think. SIL isn't sure he wants to do sleep training yet. He gets up with the baby when the baby really doesn't need to sleep. Unfortunately, SIL can exist on a lot less sleep than DD can. I'm going up there next week to help out while the nanny takes a day off. I sure hope the sleep training is done by then! Any words of wisdom from you ladies would be appreciated. My first two were great sleepers and the third woke up but didn't need to be fed - actually woke up more as a toddler than a baby. So I am no help to her.

Have fun on your  trip @short+sassy. I also agree about the clothing at the Met Gala. I tend to like the traditional, fancy evening gowns.
  • Options
    We got home last night from SC. We got the car unloaded and a lot of stuff unpacked. I did the rest of the unpacking this morning after working out. Catching up on a little laundry. I washed most everything at the cottage before leaving. Our washing machine at home leaked water when I was doing the last load to pack to go on vacation. I scheduled a service person to come out and check it out tomorrow morning. Wouldn't you know, I did three loads today with no leaking. Oh well I guess we will pay the service charge for them to tell us nothing is wrong!

We also finalized our tile choices for the master bathroom. We meet with our contractor next week to hopefully get a final bid. 

DD is having a difficult time with the baby not sleeping. He is 5 months old, weighs about 18 pounds and is waking up multiple times during the night. She went back to work last week so she is exhausted from getting up during the night. She wants to do sleep training (they did that with the twins after they had a cold and started waking up during the night). However, the twins were older- about 8 months I think. SIL isn't sure he wants to do sleep training yet. He gets up with the baby when the baby really doesn't need to sleep. Unfortunately, SIL can exist on a lot less sleep than DD can. I'm going up there next week to help out while the nanny takes a day off. I sure hope the sleep training is done by then! Any words of wisdom from you ladies would be appreciated. My first two were great sleepers and the third woke up but didn't need to be fed - actually woke up more as a toddler than a baby. So I am no help to her.

Have fun on your  trip @short+sassy. I also agree about the clothing at the Met Gala. I tend to like the traditional, fancy evening gowns.
    I feel for your DD so much. Baby M just started sleeping through the night right when he turned 1. We did sleep training and honestly, it didn’t do much until he was ready for it. He liked a night feeding until like 10 months. He didn’t *need* it but it was the only thing the worked to get him back to sleep. 

If they do sleep training my advice would be for both of them to be involved. It was so hard (we did Ferber method) and I wouldn’t have done it alone. I’d recommend setting a number of days (we did 5) that if they don’t see any improvement they take a break and revisit in another week or two. We had people tell us to just keep doing it and eventually it would work. It worked when he was ready to sleep through the night. 
  • Options
    BK did not sleep through the night until nearly 10m so I feel for DD
    Is baby being breastfed? Is solids introduced? Solids might change things also - and if formula, maybe have DD ask about any changes they could make for that.

I definitely think a dr could answer some things, but they could look at sleep training - our dr didn't want us to push it until BK showed she could do long stretches because she was tiny also.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 and @MissKittyDanger . He is breastfed and they haven't started solids yet (will be doing so soon). Her doctor wasn't particularly helpful. I know it is frustrating for her because the twins were doing much better at the same age and they were smaller than he is now. He has also been teething (much earlier than his brothers) and has two new teeth. I know that could be part of the problem. When they did sleep training with the twins, DD slept in the basement and SIL went to them. They would do the same thing this time. I have no idea what "method" they would be using. Thanks for the encouragement though.
  • Options
    FWIW, my older one was a NASTY teether and ultimately we had to administer a Ibuprofen at bedtime once she was 1 because it was awful.

At that age it's also not uncommon and sort of a "myth" that babies sleep through the night.  I get it - it's hard and frustrating.  Chiquito didn't STTN until about 2 years.  He comfort nursed at night so I was up with him at least 1x a night.  

• Options
    banana468 said:
    FWIW, my older one was a NASTY teether and ultimately we had to administer a Ibuprofen at bedtime once she was 1 because it was awful.

At that age it's also not uncommon and sort of a "myth" that babies sleep through the night.  I get it - it's hard and frustrating.  Chiquito didn't STTN until about 2 years.  He comfort nursed at night so I was up with him at least 1x a night.  

She knows it isn't uncommon for babies to be up at night, but he is up more than once which as you know is exhausting. She also has trouble going back to sleep once she is up with him. With the twins she could nap during the day (if she wasn't working) but now she has two older ones! I know she will get through this. My youngest would wake up for the day 5:00. When he was a toddler he would wake up during the night and want to play. We finally convinced him to make a nest with our throw pillows on our bedroom floor instead of waking us up!

• Options
    @ILoveBeachMusic Hopefully they find some relief. BK popped multiple teeth at a time so teething wasn't fun {2 at 7 months}
    But I get it, between 6m and 7m BK didn't sleep well. Huge developmental changes, plus teeth. I didn't sleep much.
    I remember after one night I saw my mum for xmas shopping and she's like "you look like shit" and I was just "thanks. You look lovely too. Did you have more than 4hrs sleep? Of course you did. Let's get coffee."

Like @banana468 said, we did motrin for teething {as she got older, we had a larger teether in bed at night to help gnaw on as she slept}
  • Options
    I feel her pain @ILoveBeachMusic DS was horrible from 4-6 months. And I cannot fall back asleep easily so any wakeup then has me up for hours afterwards. Sleep training is all that worked and even then it was still tough. I think I felt like a new person when he did STTN again since I was working full time and basically a walking zombie all that time
  • Options
    banana468 said:

She knows it isn't uncommon for babies to be up at night, but he is up more than once which as you know is exhausting. She also has trouble going back to sleep once she is up with him. With the twins she could nap during the day (if she wasn't working) but now she has two older ones! I know she will get through this. My youngest would wake up for the day 5:00. When he was a toddler he would wake up during the night and want to play. We finally convinced him to make a nest with our throw pillows on our bedroom floor instead of waking us up!

If she has a hard time going back to sleep, will the baby take a bottle from her H at night for one feeding so she can get a solid block of sleep? We did this early on where H would do the last evening feeding so I could sleep for at least 4-5 hours and it made a huge difference. Something we didn’t try but might work- could they split the nights? Say she sleeps from 8-2 then gets up from 2-8 when he can sleep straight through? That way each person gets a solid block. This doesn’t work as well (and why we didn’t do it) was baby M really wanted to breastfeed during that time so I got up but H took him at 5 so I could get a few more hours. 

Tell her to hang in there and she’s doing great! It’s so so hard when they’re not good sleepers (baby M wasn’t!) and the sleep deprivation is awful.