Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Who should walk me down the aisle?!? I need advice

Hi! So I don’t know who I want to walk me down the aisle. My dad is in my life and I love him but my stepdad took care of me and paid for everything for me. I would love for both of them but my dads personality I think he won’t like that idea. I’m thinking about asking my grandfather to walk me down the aisle because I don’t know how much longer I have with him and I’m his first born grandchild. Please any advise will help

Re: Who should walk me down the aisle?!? I need advice

• Options
    You could ask each of your dads to walk you part of the way, or you could ask one dad to walk you and the other for a spotlight dance, or some other combination. Just pick the option that works the best for your situation.
  • Options
    It's 100% your choice who walks you down the aisle, but I understand that sometimes family dynamics come into play.

If you'd like your grandfather to walk you down the aisle anyway, that might be a good option to avoid the issue.

You could also walk yourself down the aisle or you and your FI could walk down together.  Not as "traditional", but not uncommon either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker