Options

Monday Morning Water Cooler

2»

Re: Monday Morning Water Cooler

• Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2022
    @levioosa, congratulations!  You both look great, those are beautiful pictures.  I'm glad it was happy day and that you all enjoyed your staycation honeymoon.

@charlotte989875, I'm glad you had a good time in NYC.  I'm jealous!

@MissKittyDanger, of all the random small things I like about that house listing, it's the blue front door and blue garage doors, lol.

Edited: words
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2022
    Wowza @levioosa, you two are the cutest! And you look very Hollywood. I love how everything went well, including your weather it looks like.
    and the shoes - I’m usually not a shoe person, but I noticed yours 😍

GL this week @STARMOON44, I have no Indianapolis recs for eats..: but if you want to catch a ghost, I’m your tour guide for that! That’s one haunted city. 

• Options
    This was kind of funny yesterday.  My friend's sister is coming to NOLA next week for the Final 4.  She is a Duke alumni.  I told our friend not to get his hopes up, but I wouldn't mind calling Harrah's to see if they would give me free or discounted rooms.

Saturday was totally sold out.  Sunday and Monday night were $639/night!  ((mouth drop)) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For $639/night, i better be sleeping on a cloud.  Like, literally put a real cloud in the room, because that’s what I’m sleeping on: 

• Options
    @STARMOON44
    Restaurant suggestions:

Mesh
    Union 50
    Vida
    Bakersfield
    Nesso
    Modita
    Lou Vinos

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    @STARMOON44
    Restaurant suggestions:

Mesh
    Union 50
    Vida
    Bakersfield
    Nesso
    Modita
    Lou Vinos

Thank you!! I will report back if I escape conference land to try any. 
  • Options
    @short+sassy You know I never thought I'd be a person who likes that kinda stuff, but it's a very on brand colour for me ;) 
  • Options
    @levioosa you look stunning!!! Congrats!!! 

@charlotte989875 any notable places to eat? I haven't been in the city in a few months and I want to live vicariously through you :smiley:
    Yes! Indian Accent on 56 & 6th was amazing! 

We also went to Panca in the west village which was also excellent. 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I really like that house!
  • Options
    @STARMOON44 right? I wish we could move
  • Options
    Congratulations @levioosa! You look beautiful - love your dress, it is so glamorous. Glad things went so well.

We are on vacation and I don't even know what day it is most of the time. Getting lots of walking in and meeting friends for dinner. We have several friends in the area. I really like the place where we are staying and wish we could afford a vacation home. However, like everywhere else the prices here have sky rocketed and inventory is non-existent. One set of our friends bought a place during the early pandemic, 100k into renovating and could sell today for 300k more than what they have in it. Their real estate agent called them yesterday and asked them if they wanted to sell because they have a buyer. They weren't planning on selling but are thinking about it. Actually the wife doesn't really want to because she loves it down here and can visit frequently. I told her if she loves it then don't sell. They don't need the money so why sell?

We have friends arriving tomorrow night to stay with us for 4 days. That will be fun because they've never been in the area before. We look forward to showing them around.
  • Options
    beautiful @levioosa !!!  
  • Options
    Congratulations @levioosa! You look beautiful - love your dress, it is so glamorous. Glad things went so well.

We are on vacation and I don't even know what day it is most of the time. Getting lots of walking in and meeting friends for dinner. We have several friends in the area. I really like the place where we are staying and wish we could afford a vacation home. However, like everywhere else the prices here have sky rocketed and inventory is non-existent. One set of our friends bought a place during the early pandemic, 100k into renovating and could sell today for 300k more than what they have in it. Their real estate agent called them yesterday and asked them if they wanted to sell because they have a buyer. They weren't planning on selling but are thinking about it. Actually the wife doesn't really want to because she loves it down here and can visit frequently. I told her if she loves it then don't sell. They don't need the money so why sell?

We have friends arriving tomorrow night to stay with us for 4 days. That will be fun because they've never been in the area before. We look forward to showing them around.
    That’s the life I want to live!
    agree, if money isn’t a motivator then I wouldn’t move either, especially if it’s everything you want in a house. I hear the housing market is showing signs of leveling?

• Options

agree, if money isn’t a motivator then I wouldn’t move either, especially if it’s everything you want in a house. I hear the housing market is showing signs of leveling?
    I've heard that too.  But there are always rumours - I guess only time will tell.

• Options
    kerbohl said:

I've heard that too.  But there are always rumours - I guess only time will tell.
    I've heard the same, that there's a lot of houses on the market and they're not going as fast as they were last year, or the year before. The house next door to us is for sale, and there's been only a few people that have come to see it. He dropped the price by 25k this month and still nothing. 
  • Options
    I feel like I got out of the high housing market what I wanted with it. The HELOC with a high house value. In 2020 I took advantage of a smaller apr with my refi. But I’m not moving any time soon!

• Options
    Housing market is still hot but not nearly what it was.  Still, I just looked this weekend for my brother and it's still slim pickings with most listings pending or contingent. 
  • Options
    I was talking to DS's daycare teacher a week ago or so and she said they want to buy their first house as a married couple but it's nearly impossible.  Their budget is about 100K less than what I paid for my small 1300 sq ft house which is then nearly impossible unless they buy a super fixer upper. Just said how high prices have risen

• Options
    kvruns said:
    I was talking to DS's daycare teacher a week ago or so and she said they want to buy their first house as a married couple but it's nearly impossible.  Their budget is about 100K less than what I paid for my small 1300 sq ft house which is then nearly impossible unless they buy a super fixer upper. Just said how high prices have risen

Yeah it's hard for my brother too.  Their budget is low and luckily they don't have kids and don't need a ton of bedrooms but it still means that they're seriously limited in options.  He's also looking in CT and we really spiked in the last two years when people shifted from NYC city life and started to work remote.  It's great for my property value as a homeowner but so hard for everyone I know looking.   It also means that DH and I are likely to not move as getting to a new place is going to be SO much more and it seems a bit dumb to want to move to a new place when our house has worked for the last 11 years and Chiquita is theoretically off to college in 6 years.
  • Options
    kvruns said:

BIL & SIL struggle with house prices because of this.

We got lucky a.f because our house - purchased at 198K in 2016 - is now probably worth $400k
    It's crazy.
  • Options
    kvruns said:

We got lucky a.f because our house - purchased at 198K in 2016 - is now probably worth $400k
    It's crazy.
    Same sort of boat here!  We purchased for $330k and it is worth at least $750k now.

• Options
    kerbohl said:
    kvruns said:

It's crazy.
    Same sort of boat here!  We purchased for $330k and it is worth at least $750k now.
    I mean if we do our kitchen and maybe something with basement I can understand our house being worth more but right now? Fk no lol