Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Moooooorning!

2»

Re: Moooooorning!

• Options
    Baystate, that sucks :(  I chipped one of my teeth once trying to put a key on a key ring (I know, I know) and I totally filed it down a bit myself with a regular nail file.  Ghetto, but it worked and you can only see the chip if you're looking for it.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    TR, trust me, I chipped mine in about the dumbest way you can, so I feel your pain!  I tried filing it down myself with a nail file, but I just couldn't do it.  It was like nails on a chalkboard...in my teeth.  I just shuddered too much. 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Good Morning!

I also cannot believe that schools are already getting started.  Summers seem to fly by.  I hate this but I definitely see what my parents meant when they said that time seems to go faster as you get older.  Where has the summer gone?!?  I had so many things I wanted to do.  Damn.

My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    Good morning!  See that cute kitty in my sig?  Would anybody like him?  He comes with a super cute brother.  We got home from the cabin last night and they were IN OUR FACES the entire night.  Needing more love, attention etc. 

We have no door to our bedroom in our  loft apartment.  Tonight we might try putting them in the bathroom with lots of toys - I feel like that will make them more whiny and insistent.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh hai everyone! I did pretty much nothing this weekend. And it was wooooonderful. 

babestate- You need a "reset" button for today, my friend. Sheesh! 

• Options
    Good morning!

I ran a half marathon yesterday morning, passed out at the finish line, then had to get in my tiny car for 9 hours and drive home.  I am incredibly stiff and sore today, will be losing 2 or 3 more toenails sometime soon, have an uncontrollable eye twitch, and burst a bunch of blood vessels on my chest.  We got home around 9:30 last night and I was up early for work today.  I'm dying.

I'm really really tempted to call around and beg a massage place to fit me in tonight, even though we agreed to "no unnecessary expenses" for a few weeks.  Ugh.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_moooooorning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cab29e62-636c-4fd5-9888-3861462e04d4Post:f48eb0eb-e44c-4f43-bca4-16a0ab5c574b">Re: Moooooorning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! I ran a half marathon yesterday morning, passed out at the finish line, then had to get in my tiny car for 9 hours and drive home.  I am incredibly stiff and sore today, will be losing 2 or 3 more toenails sometime soon, have an uncontrollable eye twitch, and burst a bunch of blood vessels on my chest.  We got home around 9:30 last night and I was up early for work today.  I'm dying. I'm really really tempted to call around and beg a massage place to fit me in tonight, even though we agreed to "no unnecessary expenses" for a few weeks.  Ugh.
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

You should totally do this - but I forget if its better to do the day after or TWO days afterwards.  Congratulations on your finish!  I'm sorry your chest and eyes are messed up - I get those on my wrists when I'm lifting.  Do you do marathons too?
  • Options
    andy, I'm training for my first marathon (Chicago) now.  This was my 2nd half--I was exhausted from traveling/sleeping on an air mattress, didn't eat enough beforehand and bonked hard at mile 7.  Thank god for my sister--we finished together, which was great, even though my time was about 20 minutes slower than my first half.

I'm seriously dying I'm so stiff.  Ugggh.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_moooooorning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:cab29e62-636c-4fd5-9888-3861462e04d4Post:3478eef3-a48c-40c1-bf22-b9313e82d141">Re: Moooooorning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]andy, I'm training for my first marathon (Chicago) now.  This was my 2nd half--I was exhausted from traveling/sleeping on an air mattress, didn't eat enough beforehand and bonked hard at mile 7.  Thank god for my sister--we finished together, which was great, even though my time was about 20 minutes slower than my first half. I'm seriously dying I'm so stiff.  Ugggh.
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

Yay for Chicago!  That race is so much fun - but please be careful about the heat.  The year I did it was the last time it wasn't scary hot out.  Don't worry about times - you are going for the finish right? :)

Sounds like you need to work on nutrition.  Its such a tricky thing to deal with.  What do you eat?  I really like the Gu with caffiene in it but I've learned I can't drink water with it. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_moooooorning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:cab29e62-636c-4fd5-9888-3861462e04d4Post:65788755-a2b8-4160-a2c9-3d39c7f1fce0">Re: Moooooorning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moooooorning! : Yay for Chicago!  That race is so much fun - but please be careful about the heat.  The year I did it was the last time it wasn't scary hot out.  Don't worry about times - you are going for the finish right? :) Sounds like you need to work on nutrition.  Its such a tricky thing to deal with.  What do you eat?  I really like the Gu with caffiene in it but I've learned I can't drink water with it. 
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm shooting just to finish.  Usually I'm fine, nutrition-wise--I've done longer training runs without a problem, it was just that I didn't have the stuff I usually eat with me and had to improvise.  I basically ate only carbs before the race, instead of protein+carbs+fat which holds me much longer.

I think I need to start taking electrolytes/carbs in drink form while I run, but I hate the taste of Gatorade/Cytomax/etc so much.  So...yeah.  That sucks.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Good Morning Ladies..

I am the only one in office today so that is, good and bad. Good because I can finish my T.Y. cards and bad because I think I might actually fall asleep.

Plans for today, finish mactacking our cupboards. And begin unpacking.
    image Married and Junk.
  • Options
    Mornin'. I'm not fully awake, and I feel all bloated and I haven't eaten anything, so that's ahhhhhsome.
  • Options
    Brie - my work BFF is running Chicago this year.  She had a "5 before 30" goal so this will be her 5th and final marathon.  If we can swing it, FI and I would love to go cheer her on because we love that city.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    I have a date with my husband and my couch.  Long weekend.  I went out last night to see an 80s coverband.  My head hurts.  I danced, headbanged and drank way too much vodka. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards