Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Digital Negatives?

First of all, hi everyone! I haven't formally introduced myself except on my local board. I'm Lauren, getting married on 10/10/2013 :. I've been lurking for a few months and found the forums very helpful. I am clueless about wedding photography. I've been talking to a photographer I really like, and one of her options is to buy a disk of digital negatives. Has anyone done this? Are they typically good quality? I know they won't be retouched like the ones in the album, which is fine. I just would really like to have all the photos for my own personal collection, on my computer. I guess my hesitation is that it will cost 650 in addition to the package so I want to make sure they are still good photos and worth the price. Even unretouched photos from a professional are better than family/friends photos, right?

Re: Digital Negatives?

• If digital negatives = the unedited pictures your photographer takes, I'd say it could be worth it. We got the unedited pictures my photog took, and there are a few that I LOVE which he didn't edit, and therefore I would have never seen. And yes, they are good quality. Mostly they're just darker than the edited ones- the colors don't pop. 
  • Ok, that's what I was thinking too! I don't want to miss any that I would think are great. Also, I just like the idea of having all of them because it would just be more of a reminder of how the day went. : I decided to go for it. She said they are high resolution edited photos; I'm assuming not fully retouched like the ones you can order but at least preliminarily edited. Thanks for your input!
  • edited January 2013
    Getting digital negatives is important if you want to have ALL of your high resolution pictures available to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards