Registry and Gift Forum
Options

myregistry.com vs. normal registry?

If you register using myregistry.com and choose things from macy's and bed bath and beyond, do the bride and groom still get the perks from those stores? I know if my finace and I register at BBB we get 20% off the items we don't end up getting. Does that apply if we go through myregistry IF we choose the items from BBB? I'm confused..

Re: myregistry.com vs. normal registry?

• Options
    I am not 100% certain, but I don't see why you would get the perks if you go through an external website.  
  • Options
    If you set up a registry at each of the stores and import them into myreg.com then you would get the store perks. If you just add single items without setting up a store registry I don't think you would be privvy to the perks.

FWIW, I used myreg.com and thought it kind of sucked......
  • Options
    Yeah, if you just go through myregistry.com, you won't get the perks that you would in the actual store because you won't be in their system. Also, it's up to your guests to make sure they update your registry when they purchase items from the store. For example, if one of your guests purchases something off your myregistry at Macy's, Macy's doesn't update your myregistry to show that the item has been purchased because unless you actually register at Macy's, they have no idea that you have their items on your myregistry. Long story short, your guests might not remember to go back and mark down that they purchased the item and you could end up with more duplicates that you would doing a traditional registry. Plus the incentives at most of the stores are pretty good.

Also, you won't get the completion discount unless you actually register at the store, as you won't be in their system. It does look like myregistry will let you sync your store registry, so if you want the perks and completion discounts, I would create one in the store (or on the store's website) and then sync it. Just a heads up that it looks like Bed Bath is not one of the stores that allows you to sync though.
  • Options
    I'm almost certain you don't get the perks because if you were to go to the BBB website and search for your names, they would not come up.  The external website manages it alone, so basically you add the items but that website is the only one keeping track of who is buying you what.  I would narrow it down to 2-3 stores and keep it to that.  
  • Options

If you sync your registries with MyRegistry.com you can definitely receive the completion discount from the other retailers after the event. That’s one of the reasons I’m using them because you can add gifts manually with their Add to MyRegistry button or import your registries from other stores onto the list. There’s a bunch of retailers that are part of their sync feature including Macy’s which is one of the few stores I have synced so far.

• Options
    Thanks everyone...I think I'm just going to stick to registering at Macy's, BBB, and Sears and not worry about using myregistry. I don't want it to get too confusing for the guests or myself lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards