Getting in Shape

MOH ditched me

my MOH was my gym partner for a short period of time but she switched gyms. She knows how hard I'm trying to lose weight and find great classes to get into better shape. Still, I found out on Facebook that she found a personal trainer and has been going to group sessions. I'm bummeed she wouldn't invite me and now I feel awkward going to the same trainer even though it's a great price. Thoughts?

Re: MOH ditched me

• Go to the same trainer.  No big deal at all.  Why should you pass up a great deal?
  • She didn't pass it up - why should you? A personal trainer at a good price is a HUGE benefit for you. I say do it! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd feel bummed if I wasn't invited too, but maybe she just wasn't aware of your intentions. I say to jump in with the trainer and make sure to have fun while doing it! You can't rely on anyone to do the hardwork with you- but it's very rewarding in the end to know what you've accomplished! Smile!
  • Thanks guys! I'm going to call 2m for more info :)
  • Why feel awkward? 
    She is focusing on her personal health and fitness... You didn't sign a contract saying you were to go together at all times. 
    I had a girlfriend that I went to classes with but she was more interested in flirting with guys in the gym and didn't care for the Group X classes because they were too "hard" for her. She pretty much ditched me.. and I don't care. Because ultimately I can't rely on others to help get me into shape, I have to rely on myself. 
    If the personal trainer is a great deal, go do it. It's not like you "stole" the idea from her.. Lots of people probably go to that person. Group sessions are a great way to get personal attention at an affordable price. 
    Don't let what you feel is a little awkwardness stand in the way of YOUR health and fitness :) It anything, she should feel weird that you're going to show up in a class that she ditched you for ;) You have nothing to be worried about! 
  • I don't think the awkwardness should stop you at all, but I don't blame you for feeling that way!  One of my bridesmaids and I have been workout buddies for the past year or so, doing a class or two a week.  If I found out on Facebook that she was going to other classes without me, I wouldn't be mad, but I would be extremely weirded out that she never mentioned it to me!  But you have to do what's best for yourself and your fitness goals, don't worry about her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards