Wedding Etiquette Forum

Someone talk to me

Re: Someone talk to me

• Wally a mpls weekend trip sounds fun! But I may be biased haha.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_someone-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f0c4430-39ad-47db-80f0-b8535996b203Post:dd6db6ab-c4cf-4db5-b1c3-e4700fdb044c">Re: Someone talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]J, I have GERD and Asthma.  I never knew the two were connected. Mind = Blown.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Do you take something for your GERD?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_someone-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f0c4430-39ad-47db-80f0-b8535996b203Post:396a3c2b-f218-4059-9c8d-2df802462509">Re: Someone talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Loop, so exciting that your U/S is so soon! And glad your H can be there for it.  Poke, what'd your pop do?  Muni, is there any good theater in Asheville? That would mean PERFECTION. 
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

<div>There are a bajillion small professional theatres.  They used to have a statewide theatre festival that I performed at one year.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_someone-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f0c4430-39ad-47db-80f0-b8535996b203Post:c058865f-0f37-46e3-8b0a-27e5c0cfc081">Re: Someone talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone talk to me : Do you take something for your GERD?
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>I mostly just throw up in my mouth a little bit on a regular basis.  Sometimes I take a pepcid AC.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I used to be on Nexium.  those were the days.</div>
  • Way to go Mr. J!

Loopy - that's an uncomfortable thing to ask someone, especially your daughter. 

And my dad is a PITA because he called me and asked if I wanted to go on his truck with him for a few weeks. Which I do. And it's awesome since I really miss him and will get to spend a lot of time with him. Oh, BUT, he's coming though town tomorrow so that's when I'd go. So I have less than 24 hours notice to pack for about 2 weeks. 

And I also won't have internet so this is the last you'll see of me for a while ; )
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_someone-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f0c4430-39ad-47db-80f0-b8535996b203Post:a2b1fb8f-84c4-41cd-afa3-e9facf43fbfc">Re: Someone talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]YAY for J&K's hubby.  That was a neat trick :).
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

He's full of neat tricks!  Who knew?  That's probably the second best one I've ever gotten.  First best:  Take Benedryl when I have a migraine because 1.  Benedryl helps with nausea and 2.  Benedryl helps me sleep which helps my migraines.  But mostly awesome because I had no idea Benedryl helps nausea. 

• Poke - it really is.  I need to get him to adopt a "let's not talk about functions of body parts I do not have" policy.  But ha - good luck with that.  He has no filter. 

Have fun with your dad.  Bummer for short notice, but it will pass some time and be some special time for you to spend with him before you move far far away and don't get to see him as much.
  • My SIL is a pharmacist.  She never gives me any fun tricks like this.  Although I don't see her as often as I expect you see your H so she's not around to hear of my day to day whines and complaints.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_someone-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f0c4430-39ad-47db-80f0-b8535996b203Post:339ca0e4-8071-46a1-9424-24fba6e526ad">Re: Someone talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone talk to me : I mostly just throw up in my mouth a little bit on a regular basis.  Sometimes I take a pepcid AC.   I used to be on Nexium.  those were the days.

Did your asthma get better when you were on the Nexium?  I'm going to take the Zantac regularly and see if that helps at all, now that I know that.  Huh.  THIS INFORMATION COULD HAVE BEEN HELPFUL 9 MONTHS AGO, HUSBAND.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_someone-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f0c4430-39ad-47db-80f0-b8535996b203Post:aebc3109-f726-4e75-8b13-81cc51d17410">Re: Someone talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]My SIL is a pharmacist.  She never gives me any fun tricks like this.  Although I don't see her as often as I expect you see your H so she's not around to hear of my day to day whines and complaints.

I'm pretty sure the only reason he suggested it at all was because I was irritating the shiitt out of him with my coughing.

• Woohooo, Mr. J. Clearly, he is a genius!

Poke that sounds fun, but dang. Barely even time to do some laundry before packing!

Loop, OMG. Did you smack your dad? I'd prefer my dad not ever even notice I have boobs. 

Muni, thank you for the info. You should work for the Asheville Chamber of Commerce or CVB or something. ; )

• Loops did you watch bb yet? Poke that will be fun, I think? Haha i like a good roadtrip but I am not sure how i would do for 2 weeks.
  • I'm working on genealogy tonight and have come to a point where all the guys have names like 'Richard the Fearless' and "William Long Sword" and "Ted the Talented" (OK, I made that last one up, but you get the drift.)

So, if YOU were to be given a monniker such as one of those, what would it be?
    I'd probably be 'Wally the Windy' 

Your turn!
  • J, I don't really know because I've largely outgrown my asthma.  I only have attacks when exposed to one of my triggers and my house is completely, obsessively trigger free.  

Willy, I'd be great.  Asheville: a place to drink too much and see good  plays.  yaaay!  When you go, let me know and I'll give you restaurant recs.  
  • Muni the Fabulous Drunk.
  • Jessica the Awesome.

MUNI, I'm jealous that your asthma is largely gone away.  Mine used to be pretty much only exercise induced, until last fall when it suddenly got super bad. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_someone-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f0c4430-39ad-47db-80f0-b8535996b203Post:5794b420-fa5e-4936-96f9-69ea0fdcdeaf">Re: Someone talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]J, I don't really know because I've largely outgrown my asthma.  I only have attacks when exposed to one of my triggers and my house is completely, obsessively trigger free.   Willy, I'd be great.  Asheville: a place to drink too much and see good  plays.  yaaay!  When you go, let me know and I'll give you restaurant recs.  

<div>Will do, Muni the Fabulous Drunk</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, Nerdy Girl has 'reactive airway disease' which is what they call kids' asthma now so they aren't tagged with that for insurance reasons. AND, she seems to be outgrowing it. She's 14. Hers is all caused by triggers, too. PITA, but so much better as she gets older.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_someone-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f0c4430-39ad-47db-80f0-b8535996b203Post:bc634fed-3261-4a56-8faf-9e4fb4e7a79f">Re: Someone talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Way to go Mr. J! Loopy - that's an uncomfortable thing to ask someone, especially your daughter.  And my dad is a PITA because he called me and asked if I wanted to go on his truck with him for a few weeks. Which I do. And it's awesome since I really miss him and will get to spend a lot of time with him. Oh, BUT, he's coming though town tomorrow so that's when I'd go. So I have less than 24 hours notice to pack for about 2 weeks.  And I also won't have internet so this is the last you'll see of me for a while ; )
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We'll miss ya, Poke, but that sounds nice.  Have fun!</div><div>
    </div><div>I couldn't live without internet for 2 weeks. Isn't that sad?</div><div>
    </div>
  • Wally - no.  It was over the phone.  I said something to my mom about it yesterday when I talked to her.  If anyone can muzzle him it's her. :)  But she pretty much told me not to hold my breath.

MuSu - no.  Probably tomorrow evening and/or Sunday after my friend leaves.  I'll be caught up before Sunday's episode. :).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_someone-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f0c4430-39ad-47db-80f0-b8535996b203Post:a498656d-40a6-4c7b-ab0f-2badd82f1a7c">Re: Someone talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poke - it really is.  I need to get him to adopt a "let's not talk about functions of body parts I do not have" policy.  <strong>But ha - good luck with that.  He has no filter</strong>.  Have fun with your dad.  Bummer for short notice, but it will pass some time and be some special time for you to spend with him before you move far far away and don't get to see him as much.

<div>Sounds a lot like my dad lol. </div><div>
    </div><div>And yeah, I'm excited : ) </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_someone-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f0c4430-39ad-47db-80f0-b8535996b203Post:01c2525e-d19b-4e83-bbf8-a2d776137071">Re: Someone talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm working on genealogy tonight and have come to a point where all the guys have names like 'Richard the Fearless' and "William Long Sword" and "Ted the Talented" (OK, I made that last one up, but you get the drift.) So, if YOU were to be given a monniker such as one of those, what would it be? I'd probably be 'Wally the Windy'  Your turn!

<div>Steph the Sexy, Sassy and Salaciously Skanky Showstealer.</div><div>
    </div><div>ALLITERATE THAT, B*TCH.</div>
  • J, have you consulted an allergist recently?  Getting allergy shots as a kid seemed to REALLY help mine.  Also, have you thought about getting re-allergy tested to see if you've developed different triggers?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_someone-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f0c4430-39ad-47db-80f0-b8535996b203Post:51c1e4a3-e9ce-41e4-888a-51673ab2324e">Re: Someone talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone talk to me : Steph the Sexy, Sassy and Salaciously Skanky Showstealer. ALLITERATE THAT, B*TCH.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

<div>LOVE! Especially 'Salaciously.' </div><div>Nicely done.</div>
  • Haha, it's going to be hard without the interwebs. But I've got my knitting needles and yarn, some coloring books, my kindle, and a deck of cards. 

And you guys can call me Poke the Powerful. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_someone-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f0c4430-39ad-47db-80f0-b8535996b203Post:6c8d3bfd-4631-4ea0-ac22-63b85bd43cd2">Re: Someone talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone talk to me : Will do, Muni the Fabulous Drunk Also, Nerdy Girl has 'reactive airway disease' which is what they call kids' asthma now so they aren't tagged with that for insurance reasons. AND, she seems to be outgrowing it. She's 14. Hers is all caused by triggers, too. PITA, but so much better as she gets older.

Mine was reactive airway disease too until my testing.  It's what they call everyone's until they test "positive" for asthma.  It's kind of dumb, because it's the SAME DAMN THING but having reactive airway disease instead of asthma makes it more difficult to get medication/treatment/etc, and to get it paid for. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_someone-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f0c4430-39ad-47db-80f0-b8535996b203Post:cece3858-fb8a-4c6f-aa0c-4f591403184d">Re: Someone talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone talk to me : LOVE! Especially 'Salaciously.'  Nicely done.

<div>Hah, I had to google that to make sure it was an actual word. Sometimes I can't tell if it's just something I read,  or if I'm completely making it up.</div>
  • ...That makes me glad I got an asthma diagnosis back in the 80s before society got stupid.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_someone-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f0c4430-39ad-47db-80f0-b8535996b203Post:51c1e4a3-e9ce-41e4-888a-51673ab2324e">Re: Someone talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Someone talk to me : Steph the Sexy, Sassy and Salaciously Skanky Showstealer. ALLITERATE THAT, B*TCH.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Kristina the Kick-Ass Conjurer of Creative Chronicles
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_someone-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6f0c4430-39ad-47db-80f0-b8535996b203Post:532fb084-ee98-421e-931e-5e66bf1e09e5">Re: Someone talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]J, have you consulted an allergist recently?  Getting allergy shots as a kid seemed to REALLY help mine.  Also, have you thought about getting re-allergy tested to see if you've developed different triggers?

Yeah, I actually need to make an appointment.  I saw them in April.  I was re-tested, as well--I react to 40 of 46 common upper Midwest environmental allergens.  I wanted shots, but they wanted to try me on a nasal spray and Singulair first...which is working great on my allergies, and USUALLY works well for my asthma, but some days are worse than others.

And to be fair?  I had 4 sodas today.  If I have GERD, I'm pretty sure I pissed it off real good.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards