Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Night thread

Anyone around? My internship has been keeping me stupid busy-have I missed anything good lately?

Re: Night thread

• Options
    I'm here.  Not up to much tonight.  I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Meee too. I'm planning on doing absolutely nothing this weekend.
  • Options
    Hey Jill!!  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi!
    I'm drinking wine and planning our upcoming vacation.  Woot!
  • Options
    I'm here. I'm ready for it to be the weekend- thisweek has been pretty awful.

Anyone have good weekend plans? Superbowl parties?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hey all! We have a small superbowl party on sunday. Nothing crazy but my brothers, mom and best friend are coming over.

I got BIL's (so weird to call him that now) STD in the mail today and it made me all frowny since I know we are only invited to the reception.
  • Options
    It has been a crazy week for me! I had a training yesterday and they didn't get a sub and now parents are mad because my students had to be split into different classrooms. 
  • Options
    Jill, so far all you've missed on E today is possible insurance fraud and a "bring your own meat" wedding.  I'm not even kidding about that second one.  
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b174b94a-33a1-42ce-978a-a4a699c70a26Post:527274ae-78c9-4b88-bf78-71666d945746">Re: Night thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Jill!!  
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG Beach, you have Bostons.  They're my favorite dog ever, I want one desperately, but FI keeps reminding me that I'm out of the house at work 12-13 hours a day, and dogs usually aren't fans of being alone for the entire time that they're awake five days a week.  He's right, but I still really want a Boston.</div>
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    DNB!!! HI!!! How's your new house? How's your new puppy? She looks sweet. We adopted a new dog. She's sweet, but a huge pain in the ass health-wise. No such thing as free, ya know?

Ski, what's up?

Mica, where ya going?

Hi Musu!

So get this...I just called a salon here to get a price for a cut. JUST a cut is between $45-50. They'll style it too, but fuuck you if you think I'm paying $50 plus tip for something I can get for $15 at my old stylist. Even if I DO have to drive 3 hours to get to her.
  • Options
    I hate that I will be working again this summer which means leaving Tory alone again for longer periods of time. I just want to be a puppy mama.
  • Options
    I'm here. I managed to get home before the garbage truck got here, thank god. Our trash can was FULL.
  • Options
    Bring your own meat? Wha?
  • Options
    MuSu- why are you only invited tothe reception? That's pretty crappy.

Jill- 45-50 for a cut is insane!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Is $45-50 outrageous to people? I think I pay like $60 total with tip. I do not trust my hair with anyone else but Lolita (my stylist).
  • Options
    Hiya!  STILL no word on the job front.  Waiting is the pits.  

I've been beat all week.  I should have booked a ticket to go see H, but I wasn't sure if I'd need to be here to pack the house and stuff so I didn't and now they're more than we want to spend just for a weekend together :(.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b174b94a-33a1-42ce-978a-a4a699c70a26Post:18e15887-2694-4def-a601-4eefd4830ff4">Re: Night thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]MuSu- why are you only invited tothe reception? That's pretty crappy. Jill- 45-50 for a cut is insane!
    Posted by tortis[/QUOTE]

Because they want the ceremony to be "intimate" ... which I mean, that's fine but my H is his brother for fuucks sake. They literally are just having parents, the officiant, and two attendants there. J and I are offended that he isn't inviting AT least J. I mean, they get along, aren't like BFFs but I think J is more hurt than he will let on that he isn't invited to the ceremony.
  • Options
    $45-50 is actually on the cheapish side of normal around here, but Long Island has a ridiculously high cost of living, so I'm not a good judge of "normal" prices.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • Options
    I pay $25 + tip. But my hair stylist is one of my best friends and she charges me $60 for a cut and highlights. I usually tip her like 30-40% because she is so sweet and doesn't charge me much.
  • Options
    We don't even have that high of a COL, but most salons that aren't great clips charge between $35-60 for a haircut.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b174b94a-33a1-42ce-978a-a4a699c70a26Post:c6446159-4009-4232-a8b9-c1caceebaed4">Re: Night thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night thread : Because they want the ceremony to be "intimate" ... which I mean, that's fine but my H is his brother for fuucks sake. They literally are just having parents, the officiant, and two attendants there. J and I are offended that he isn't inviting AT least J. I mean, they get along, aren't like BFFs but I think J is more hurt than he will let on that he isn't invited to the ceremony.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Aw, I would be sad if I was J. 

</div>
  • Options
    Jill I've never paid for my hair other then paying for the hair dye or supplies because my aunt always did it.  Because of that i have no concept of cost, but yeah that seems outrageous to me too.  I haven't had a haircut since last Christmas because I never found anyone in WA to do it, and I forgot to get my aunt to do it when I was home this past Christmas.  I'm pretty sure I'll have stocker shock too when I finally go.

And yep, I love my Bostons!  The one on the right is our boy who wll be 6 in April.  Then the one on the left is our girl, we just got her a week before I moved.  She was a rescue that someone else from the command got and then got rid of so we took her.  She will be 2 in April.  They are doing amazing though and getting along fantastically!  They are loving the yard at our new house, and now that our furniture finally arrived and they realized that this is "home" they are finally relaxing too.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Insurance fraud?  Darn my job for keeping me from keeping up.

We're going on a cruise to the western Caribbean.  I want to snorkel in the Belize Reef and see Chichen Itza, and H wants to zipline and fish, and H decided he'd rather cruise to do everything than spend a week in Mexico or Belize.  I don't know if I agree, but it is cheaper than flying somewhere, so my frugal side is agreeing to the plan.

I want a vacation, that's all.  :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I've never been on a cruise, but Mexico and Belize both look completely awesome, so if you get to go to both, that sounds like an excellent vacation to me.

ETA: And Holly, he's a travel agent, right?  That's so cool.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • Options
    Sounds like a fun vacation Mica.

I pay way too much for my hair color and cut and eyebrows every 8 - 9 weeks.  My stylist is awesome though and I ALWAYS like my hair when I leave there, so I guess it's worth it enough to me to keep going back.  Not gonna lie - kinda looking forward to hopefully finding someone cheaper once I move and have no choice but to get a new stylist.
  • Options
    I think $45-50 is normal for a haircut too. I only pay $30 but I barely have any hair and I go to the cheapest place in town.
  • Options
    What cruise lline are you going on Mica?  I've done 2 Western Caribbean and loved them.  I absolutely love cruising though too so I always have a great time.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MuSu, to me, yeah that's really high for me. That's more in line for an all over color
  • Options
    mica- we went ziplining when we were in Belize! I was scared at first ( not a fan of heights), but loved it in the end. I will have to find the place where we went and send it to you. The place we went also had cave tubing. 
  • Options
    Holly, do you get to go to Disney too?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards