Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

What Etiquette rules would you love to break???

124»

Re: What Etiquette rules would you love to break???

• Options
    Kicking out a bridesmaid so I could give FH's sister who went from "presumed kind of ignorant and annoying but an okay person" to "oh you're actually disgustingly racist and rude as hell" last fall after I'd already asked her. Honestly I probably could've done it (with FH's support - I think he was angrier over the whole situation than I was), but it would have permanently damaged our relationship with his parents and I didn't want to deal with that for the rest of my life. But in a perfect world with no hurt feelings? Bye, lady. 
  • Options
    If I could break an ediquitte rule, I'd choose to uninvite a guest.
    I'd like to UNinvite my brother. His b*tch wife sent the RSVP saying only he will be attending. After they got married and never told anyone, they got some backlash from it (the entire family was hurt that they did that) and while everyone has since gotten over the situation (because we're adults) she hasn't and refused to attend any family functions, yet complains to my brother that she doesnt feel like family. (Wtf?) I'm sorry, but if you can't grow the f**k up for a few hours to be by your husband's side at a family function(he spends tons of time with her family), I'd rather not have either of them there.
  • Options
    If I could break an ediquitte rule, I'd choose to uninvite a guest. I'd like to UNinvite my brother. His b*tch wife sent the RSVP saying only he will be attending. After they got married and never told anyone, they got some backlash from it (the entire family was hurt that they did that) and while everyone has since gotten over the situation (because we're adults) she hasn't and refused to attend any family functions, yet complains to my brother that she doesnt feel like family. (Wtf?) I'm sorry, but if you can't grow the f**k up for a few hours to be by your husband's side at a family function(he spends tons of time with her family), I'd rather not have either of them there.
    I understand the feeling, but at least he's coming. I've known and heard of far too many women and men whose disagreements with their in-laws have completely isolated them from their families. It sounds like he can't control her (nor should he....she should grow up all on her own), but at least he's not letting her control him.
  • Options

If I could break an ediquitte rule, I'd choose to uninvite a guest.
    I'd like to UNinvite my brother. His b*tch wife sent the RSVP saying only he will be attending. After they got married and never told anyone, they got some backlash from it (the entire family was hurt that they did that) and while everyone has since gotten over the situation (because we're adults) she hasn't and refused to attend any family functions, yet complains to my brother that she doesnt feel like family. (Wtf?) I'm sorry, but if you can't grow the f**k up for a few hours to be by your husband's side at a family function(he spends tons of time with her family), I'd rather not have either of them there.

So you're mad because someone you clearly hate (mmhhhmmm tell me more about how you've gotten over it because you're an adult while you call her his b*tch wife) RSVPed no? Yup. Not hunting for drama at all.
  • Options
    If I could break an ediquitte rule, I'd choose to uninvite a guest. I'd like to UNinvite my brother. His b*tch wife sent the RSVP saying only he will be attending. After they got married and never told anyone, they got some backlash from it (the entire family was hurt that they did that) and while everyone has since gotten over the situation (because we're adults) she hasn't and refused to attend any family functions, yet complains to my brother that she doesnt feel like family. (Wtf?) I'm sorry, but if you can't grow the f**k up for a few hours to be by your husband's side at a family function(he spends tons of time with her family), I'd rather not have either of them there.
    So you're mad because someone you clearly hate (mmhhhmmm tell me more about how you've gotten over it because you're an adult while you call her his b*tch wife) RSVPed no? Yup. Not hunting for drama at all.
    Yeah, this. What would have been the right move, here, in your opinion, Debbie? I'd be willing to bet you'd be salty if she did attend because clearly you're not over anything, despite being an adult. Maybe your brother and SIL are trying to avoid drama (novel idea, I know) by only having him attend.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards